How do we love God? Serious question!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
How can you love God whom you have not seen, if you don't love those whom you have seen?"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."(Galatians 6:2)"And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me."(Matthew 25:40)

PastorChris

Oct 19, 2007
In the beginning was the word. The word was with God and the word was God (Jn1:1-2). The words of the scroll are Yahweh God (2Ch34:21, 2Ki22:13). Jesus and the Father was one (Jn10:30). The words of the BIble which are interpreted are Jesus the word of God our Savior (Lk24:25-27, Ti2:9-10). As we read it aloud and stop our own thinking and our own words, we are consecrating ourselves to the Lord. If you have not found such a book so far to read, I think John Chao's thread is a good choice and that it can be recommended to any serious seekers and believers.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
According to John, if we know God, we will keep His commandments. How do we keep his commandments? By loving one another, and that's why Jesus said that love fulfills the Law---- what the Law "tells" one to do is really the outward expression of what a Spirit-filled man or woman would do anyway.Don't confuse love with merely a mushy feeling, either. If we love God, we will be at enmity with the world, and people will at the very least start to see you or your views (Faith) as somewhat strange.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
How do we keep his commandments? By loving one another, and that's why Jesus said that love fulfills the Law---- what the Law "tells" one to do is really the outward expression of what a Spirit-filled man or woman would do anyway.
I have come to the same conclusion as this. I am still young in my journey with God so I am taking baby steps and I am trying to just like others. It's a lot harder than it sounds. Since God loves you there is something there to love, I just don't always recognize it.