How Do You Deal With Stress and Pain?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both physical and emotional. Any advice?

Put them all at God's door, knock and leave :) Easier said than done, I know BUT...totally possible. If there is something I have zero control over, my worrying just poof, disappears as I say "Lord, I can't but you can". Then, walk in peace because you BELIEVE He will fix these things out of your control. Pain is just part of life and He looks at how we react to things that come at us. Will we trust in Him or complain? There's a choice for you Calvinists :D
This is just my own experience and it has brought me that TRUE peace. Or it could have been I just didn't care anymore, and let the chips fall where they will lol...j/k.
Prob. didn't help you but, thought I would chime in here :)

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both physical and emotional. Any advice?
Tagging along with what Nancy mentioned already, I would allow time and many deep breathing cycles to transpire or to pass before (over)reacting to situations where you have not absorbed or understood all the facts surrounding a personal stressful or painful issue. I find eventhough an issue of this type can be completely out of my control, I still want to take the time and to know all I can about it. It eases my mind a bit more, then I resign myself to the spirit that dwell within for guidance to the Father. I pray about it.

Of course do what you can if some of this issue is in your power. Do not ignore it else it might get worse, or al least mentally haunt you that can impair you mentally (panic) and spiritually. And it may come back 10x in an exaggerated form or amplification caused my your own mind as a self-inflicted error....BL do not let things fester for too long....fix it under your own steam with patience and thought, and/or pray to the Lord about it

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Physical pain sucks but emotional pain can be worse. Physical pain can lead to depression which is horrible. I struggle with it all. God gave me some severe pain as chastisement. Instead of blaming him I accepted it as my fault and he filled my heart with peace. He let me know he is healing me. Spiritually. Using pain.

It’s the hardest life I can tolerate but he is here. He is using medicine as well as Christianity. I feel blessed even though I have days that I completely break down. The physical pain can come to a head. I can’t imagine how Jesus felt, in agonizing pain on the cross, burdened with all of the guilt of sin of all men. Try to remember he understands as he has also suffered. Pray pray pray and he will help.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take two tylenol and a nap and call me when you wake up.

Reactions: April_Rose

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not the best at this honestly. At least it feels that way right now. But the Word of God and the spirit of praise and thanksgiving is what has always got me through. Just learning to rest in the Lord.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take two tylenol and a nap and call me when you wake up.

Lol I can't call you yet I don't know you well enough and I'm not comfortable enough yet and besides that I don't even have your number. XD

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GO ASK ALICE! :D

But sincerely, Christ is our peace. When things go South, let it go and....rest. in. Him.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can I ask Alice? She's too busy chasing after the white rabbit. :p