How do you do bible study?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jesus's opinion There is only one thing that is truly necessary!!!!!!!!!!

Or you not believe Him???

What I find sad is that so many don't know Him, and it shows by what they write. They write they believe the Bible, but then they attribute a verse as to being a person other than the person of Jesus Christ who is The Word of God!

It shows they don't hear His voice, because He does indeed line up with what He spoke.

He spoke, and it is recorded in your Bible:

Luke 10: 41,42 But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”

That is not my opinion, but I understand it. That is what Jesus said as recorded in the Bible, but you don't understand it!!!

Why did you not understand that when Jesus speaks He always speaks the truth?? Why did you not understand that the Bible is actually correct?

Could it be that you did not understand because you are more like Martha than Mary?? Could it be that you run around trying to do things for Jesus Christ but never sit down to listen to Him??? It that is the case it would explain your confusion.

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

If a person does not sit down and listen to the words of God that come from His mouth, then they are not going to find the wisdom which the LORD gives, and thus are not going to have knowledge and understanding.

Which is why when we study the Bible we must sit down and listen to the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is why this topic on this thread is soo important! Look at what people are writing on this thread --- not many write anything about actually hearing the Lord, sitting down with Him, studying the Bible in a way the our Lord Jesus Christ told them to, but most seem to just be doing whatever they think might be best, and almost none attribute their actions to instructions gotten from the Lord.

So instead of advising other to seek the Lord and listen to Him, they make it about good works, as we can read in Jim B post!! He thinks the good Samaritan was not listening to the Lord, instead of that possibility that the good Samaritan might actually have been the good Samaritan because He was getting His instructions from the Lord?

And Jim B misses that possibility in all he write as can be seen in how he also misinterpreted Matthew 7:12

“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Jim B thinks he is capable, by his own understanding, to be able to know how to treat others as he himself wants to be treated, so he believes in himself and his thinking and has not repented of his ways.

Jesus, our example, on the other hand explained that He does and says only what the Father tells Him - So Jesus is a "Good Samaritan" because God is love and only God is good, so Jesus is One with God and is God. However, of people Jesus said, "if you being evil.."

So if indeed the "Good" Samatitan was indeed "Good" he was "Good" because He was listening to God and doing what He was told!!!

And if Jim B had been spending time sitting and listening to the Lord He would have gotten the wisdom to understand that the only way to fulfill the Law is by listening to the Lord our God Jesus Christ, because only God is good!!

Jim B - failed to understand that only God is good, and that it is God who is love - so he didn't understand that the "Good" Samaritan was listening to God - specifically to Jesus Christ whose name is called "The Word of God"

There for, unlike the prophets, Jim B is under the impression that he can fulfill the Law by leaning on His own understanding instead of taking the time to actually seek the Lord!

That is exactly what Martha was doing!! She was doing "good works" as she saw it, based upon her understanding, instead of sitting down and listening to the Lord!! So how does Jim B study his bible? Is it not also done by leaning on His own understanding instead of sitting down with Jesus Christ, who again is the Word of God, and actually listening to the Lord for understanding??

Yet Jim B is not alone. Sadly many are trying to go throw the big gate called "Religion", instead of the narrow gate with is Jesus Christ!

Indeed, when we read the verse that Jim B referred to in context, what do we find?

Mat 7:12 -18 “In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets. “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. “You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? “So, every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. “A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.

So if a person is doing something wrong, like not seeking the Lord our God for instructions as to what is good and loving - what do we want for them???

Do we not want them saved? Don't we want them to find the narrow gate which is Jesus Christ, The Word of God??

Therefore, the very best thing I can do for someone who is into religion (religion is man's understanding of God) is to turn them to Jesus Christ and get them listening to Him, (who is God's salvation)

I want salvation, and the Christ is called Jesus because that means "God's Salvation". So I want them to know that the ONE THING NEEDED is indeed listening to Jesus Christ (The Word of God) for instruction as to what to do, what to know, for your understanding...

That is what Jesus explained in the Bible!!! That is not my opinion!!! "ONLY ONE THING IS NECESSARY" !!! THAT IS WHAT JESUS SAID AND HE DID NOT LIE!!

Is 30:1 “Woe to the rebellious children,” declares the LORD, “Who execute a plan, but not Mine,
And make an alliance, but not of My Spirit, In order to add sin to sin;

If you are going to execute His "good: plan - you have to take the time to sit with Jesus Christ and hear what that plan is!!! So do you still not understand why the "Good" Samaritan was indeed "Good" when only God is good? Even that "Samaritan" had been listening to the Word of God (Jesus Christ) in his quite time, where as the Jews who were given the Law and the testimony of the prophets did not listen to God! They put the Word of God do death on the cross outside that city on the hill.

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen To the instruction of the LORD;

That is what the prophets of Old told them - They refuse to listen to the instruction of the Lord!!

They didn't do the ONE THING THAT IS NECESSARY!!

IF THEY HAD THEY WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD THAT ISAIAH AND THE OTHER PROPHETS WERE NOT JUST GIVING THEM THEIR OPINION!! THEY WERE HEARING AND DOING WHAT THE LORD ASKED OF THEM!!
I didn't read all of your lengthy post. However, I did see this: "Jim B thinks he is capable, by his own understanding, to be able to know how to treat others as he himself wants to be treated, so he believes in himself and his thinking and has not repented of his ways." Who are you to judge me? I answer to no one but the Lord, especially someone who has never met me, yet claims that I have not repented. Shame on you!!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, when Peter said to the 3000 at Pentecost to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, he was disobeying Jesus per Matt 28:19?

Meaning, Peter should have said the name of the son per Matt 28:19 is really "son" and not "Jesus"?

He should have told the 3000 this...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name, SON for the remission of sins, ...

Instead of this?....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ....
Why do you want to not understand?

Of course Peter heard from God, so why don't you?

Indeed, Peter was properly using in the name of Jesus Christ, but you do not. Peter was saying, "in the name of Jesus Christ" because he was hearing Jesus Christ tell them to be baptized. But you put it out as if it was a magic phrase. We can see that because we can see that you are looking to Peter instead of seeking the voice of the Lord for authorization for what you do!

If indeed you were making it about actually doing things in the name of Jesus Christ, you would understand that we are not doing things in the name of Jesus Christ if we have not personally heard from Him! You would understand that Peter was obeying Jesus Christ by hearing His voice, so you would be asking something like, "If I hear from our Lord Jesus Christ and do it, am I doing it in His name?"

The answer to that would be "Yes", just as it was "Yes" for Peter, but that does not mean it is "Yes" for you now! You are making it about Peter, and trying to follow what you read that He did, instead of realizing that He was hearing and obedient to the Lord, so you should also hear from the Lord Jesus Christ, like Peter, otherwise you are not obedient to the voice of the Lord and just using a phrase in the Bible to copy what you read about in the Bible.

Jesus explained it like this:

Jn 5:39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Jesus told the Jews, in general that, but they tried to follow the Scriptures and the traditions instead of following Him by listening to His voice!

Being dunk in water and having someone say, "in the name of Jesus Christ" will not save you! It doesn't mean you have received the Holy Spirit! I gave you Scriptures to show this, but you think those Scriptures are wrong, and that by holding on to what Peter was doing by hearing the Lord, will save you. So you are not doing what Peter did, which was listen to Jesus Christ and do what He told him. And yet Peter, like Moses before him, was always trying to get you to seek the voice of the Lord!

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

As it is you don't believe in Jesus Christ, or you would be seeking Him and trying to get others to seek Him. I have already told you over and over that I even got baptized twice, and that was done by those in rather large Christians churches. In both cases I got baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't remember what those people dunking me in water said. I spent some time under water, so I couldn't even know all they said. Nor did I care, because I am not trying to please men! It is what the Lord tells me that counts. At ten I felt the Holy Spirit come upon me so went up at the altar call and was later baptized because of the Holy Spirit communicating with me. Yet I did not feel or hear from the Holy Spirit when I was baptized then, or even there after until I was over 40. Then the Lord came back into my life and Him and I began talking daily, I told Him that I wanted to be baptized again, and He actually told me that it wasn't necessary. So I told Him that I wanted to get baptized to honor Him publicly, and He like that so He told me where to go and when. In case you still don't understand, He does actually talk to those who believe in words, even telling them when to turn to the left or right.

And that day was rather amusing, because the baptism was in the ocean at a beach I had never been to before. So I put my trust in Him and went where He told me. He wound up having me drive 20 minutes farther down the road than needed before turning me around. Yet during that extra drive I wound going by several accidents and He had me praying in tongues over each accident. He had only shortly before that given me the gift of tongues and was giving me practice at using that new gift. So I got to the beach a bit late, but not too late. I had time to walk down, go in, and get baptized, and then leave. It didn't take long, and apparently save some time during the buildup to pray over accidents people had.

On the way home He started telling me how much He really appreciated what I had done to honor Him, and for taking the time to pray for others. If you really listened to Him, you would know that it is the personal relationship with Him that is the One thing needed, and that comes from taking time to listen to Him, like Peter did! But as it is you are looking to the Scriptures and trying to copy what those who listened to Him did, but you are not listening to Him otherwise you would understand what I have been telling you.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you want to not understand?

Of course Peter heard from God, so why don't you?

Indeed, Peter was properly using in the name of Jesus Christ, but you do not. Peter was saying, "in the name of Jesus Christ" because he was hearing Jesus Christ tell them to be baptized. But you put it out as if it was a magic phrase. We can see that because we can see that you are looking to Peter instead of seeking the voice of the Lord for authorization for what you do!

If indeed you were making it about actually doing things in the name of Jesus Christ, you would understand that we are not doing things in the name of Jesus Christ if we have not personally heard from Him! You would understand that Peter was obeying Jesus Christ by hearing His voice, so you would be asking something like, "If I hear from our Lord Jesus Christ and do it, am I doing it in His name?"

The answer to that would be "Yes", just as it was "Yes" for Peter, but that does not mean it is "Yes" for you now! You are making it about Peter, and trying to follow what you read that He did, instead of realizing that He was hearing and obedient to the Lord, so you should also hear from the Lord Jesus Christ, like Peter, otherwise you are not obedient to the voice of the Lord and just using a phrase in the Bible to copy what you read about in the Bible.

Jesus explained it like this:

Jn 5:39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Jesus told the Jews, in general that, but they tried to follow the Scriptures and the traditions instead of following Him by listening to His voice!

Being dunk in water and having someone say, "in the name of Jesus Christ" will not save you! It doesn't mean you have received the Holy Spirit! I gave you Scriptures to show this, but you think those Scriptures are wrong, and that by holding on to what Peter was doing by hearing the Lord, will save you. So you are not doing what Peter did, which was listen to Jesus Christ and do what He told him. And yet Peter, like Moses before him, was always trying to get you to seek the voice of the Lord!

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

As it is you don't believe in Jesus Christ, or you would be seeking Him and trying to get others to seek Him. I have already told you over and over that I even got baptized twice, and that was done by those in rather large Christians churches. In both cases I got baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't remember what those people dunking me in water said. I spent some time under water, so I couldn't even know all they said. Nor did I care, because I am not trying to please men! It is what the Lord tells me that counts. At ten I felt the Holy Spirit come upon me so went up at the altar call and was later baptized because of the Holy Spirit communicating with me. Yet I did not feel or hear from the Holy Spirit when I was baptized then, or even there after until I was over 40. Then the Lord came back into my life and Him and I began talking daily, I told Him that I wanted to be baptized again, and He actually told me that it wasn't necessary. So I told Him that I wanted to get baptized to honor Him publicly, and He like that so He told me where to go and when. In case you still don't understand, He does actually talk to those who believe in words, even telling them when to turn to the left or right.

And that day was rather amusing, because the baptism was in the ocean at a beach I had never been to before. So I put my trust in Him and went where He told me. He wound up having me drive 20 minutes farther down the road than needed before turning me around. Yet during that extra drive I wound going by several accidents and He had me praying in tongues over each accident. He had only shortly before that given me the gift of tongues and was giving me practice at using that new gift. So I got to the beach a bit late, but not too late. I had time to walk down, go in, and get baptized, and then leave. It didn't take long, and apparently save some time during the buildup to pray over accidents people had.

On the way home He started telling me how much He really appreciated what I had done to honor Him, and for taking the time to pray for others. If you really listened to Him, you would know that it is the personal relationship with Him that is the One thing needed, and that comes from taking time to listen to Him, like Peter did! But as it is you are looking to the Scriptures and trying to copy what those who listened to Him did, but you are not listening to Him otherwise you would understand what I have been telling you.
You admit that Peter baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins and the 3000 were baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins but you are not baptized in the name of Jesus?

What makes you so special?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You admit that Peter baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins and the 3000 were baptized in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins but you are not baptized in the name of Jesus?

What makes you so special?

HA HA HA

I'm not special!! That is why you are sooooooo wrong!

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So many people are soooooo wrong, because they think that someone must be "Special" to seek the Lord Jesus Christ and hear from Him.

It is the reason why some Christian churches look to "saints" as opposed to actually seeking Jesus Christ.

Indeed, what did Jesus say?

Did He not thank and comment on the wisdom the Father had for using the foolish things of this world?!!

It is actually kind of sad for me to think about, but it is also written that you can tell a fool by the number of His words, and as can be seen by all, I tend to use a lot of words. Yet I have been instructed to try and get His people to listen to Him. So why me? Is it because I am "special"? NO!! That is not it. It is because I am just foolish enough to take the time to try and convince stubborn people to stop leaning on their own understanding and start seeking Him and His voice! And I do that, not because I am special, but because I understand that I am a bit of a fool, so I, more than most, understand that I need Him and His wisdom!!

It is not the especially smart and wise person who seeks the Lord, because they think they are wise and don't need Him, when they compare themselves to others. Just like it is not the rich person with lot so money who tends to seek the Lord for help, because they have the money to get what they want. And it is not the politically powerful person who seeks the Lord because they feel they can use their influences to get what they want. And neither is it the famous person who is likely to seek the Lord, because they think that they can live off their fame. So it is not likely that a "special" person is going to be the person who seeks the Lord. Pride gets in their way.

So it is that pride, that thinking that we are special, so as to judge others and ourselves as special or not, which keeps us from seeking Him, our Lord Jesus Christ who is the King of kings.

Jesus, though the Son of God and God the Son, did not appear on earth as anyone special. He was not born into high rank, nor in to wealth, but rather, as He told me last night "into a feeding trough". or at least that is how His Father has Him presented. Because He, as The Word of God, is the manna for us who at times tend to act like animals.

So on this day we celebrate as Christmas, the arrival of the Christ, we should more than any other day understand that the person hearing from God and following Him, is not the "special person". If you had been listening to the Lord, even like I did last night, you would have understood all this, but as it is you are looking and judging other people instead of looking to Jesus Christ as the Word of God, so that you (special or not) would understand that you, or other people, are not the truly Special One. Even He did not show up on this planet as a "Special One", even though He was the King of kings, and Lord of lords, and all things had been given to Him.

So there is nothing special about me, except perhaps I know the King of kings personally, but "ANYONE" can get to know Him. So who get to know Him???

I can answer that question!! The anyone that seeks the Lord is the anyone who decides that their understanding is not good enough! Therefore, they repent of their ways and their understanding and start seeking Him for what He has to say to them, and they listen!!

You keep looking to your understanding. So, you look to your understanding of the Bible, which is way way off. And so by your very acts you show that you don't seek Jesus Christ, but rather you think that your understanding of the Scriptures is going to get you to heaven. So, you insist that your water baptism means you are going to be save, but I covered Scriptures with you showing that water baptism was done without anyone even knowing who the Holy Spirit was and had never heard of Him. I covered the fact that Pharisees who were going out to be baptized in water where still life Vipers - snakes which had poison in their mouths. I proved to you that the deeds of flesh accomplish nothing and proved that since a person is saved by faith, then faith with baptism only means they were saved by faith, because that is how logic works - If faith in Jesus = salvation, and if faith in Jesus + baptism = salvation, then baptism = 0! That is simple logic.

But you have rejected all logic and wisdom, and continue to not seek "The Truly Special" One, and you can even understand that He shows up in "ANYONE WILLING TO LISTEN TO HIM". So you are not one of those listening, but you, as and "ANYONE" could be listening to Him on that very special day called "TODAY". You would need to repent of your ways, which was supposed to happen when you got baptized in water but perhaps that was not explained to you then, then you just need to actually turn to Jesus Christ and seek Him for what He has to say to you.

But I also already explained all that to you. Did I not even cover anything about how you judge so shall you be judged. If you are judging people to be thinking they are special, it is because you are judging yourself to be special, and that is the judgement that God will have of you, according to what comes out of your own thinking.

As for me; I am an older fattish kind of guy who wears glasses and talks too much and who only has average intelligence. And I am just foolish enough to keep trying to get someone to listen the Lord, and that because I realize that I myself don't listen to Him as much as I should, I only hear from Him who is always with me about a dozen different times a day. That is sooo bad, that God is with me all day and I only seek Him a dozen times a day. But even with that understanding I can see that the best way to change the world is to get people listening to Him, even more than I do, because that is how I best can change my world. So I see that if "Anyone" would seek His voice (meaning anyone) and listen to Him they will hear from Him, if only they believe in Him.

So like Isaiah and Paul, who were also just "Anyones" who decided to listen to the Lord, I wonder " “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?”

It seems that no matter how much you prove them wrong, no matter how often you tell them, no matter how many Scriptures I prove them to show them their understanding is just off, and no matter how hard I try to get them simply to start hearing the Lord by fiath, they simply will not believe. So it is that faith comes from hearing, and that by a word spoken to them personally by Jesus Christ. If they don't listen to Him, they don't hear that word of faith. If they don't hear those words of His to them personally they won't be saved. If they are not saved, they will wind up on hell and be told by Him that He never knew them. And their being dunked in water will have all been meaningless because it was not done by faith.

Romans 10:16,17 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Romans 10:21 But as for Israel He says, “ALL THE DAY LONG I HAVE STRETCHED OUT MY HANDS TO A DISOBEDIENT AND OBSTINATE PEOPLE.”

Deut 8:20 “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HA HA HA

I'm not special!! That is why you are sooooooo wrong!

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So many people are soooooo wrong, because they think that someone must be "Special" to seek the Lord Jesus Christ and hear from Him.

It is the reason why some Christian churches look to "saints" as opposed to actually seeking Jesus Christ.

Indeed, what did Jesus say?

Did He not thank and comment on the wisdom the Father had for using the foolish things of this world?!!

It is actually kind of sad for me to think about, but it is also written that you can tell a fool by the number of His words, and as can be seen by all, I tend to use a lot of words. Yet I have been instructed to try and get His people to listen to Him. So why me? Is it because I am "special"? NO!! That is not it. It is because I am just foolish enough to take the time to try and convince stubborn people to stop leaning on their own understanding and start seeking Him and His voice! And I do that, not because I am special, but because I understand that I am a bit of a fool, so I, more than most, understand that I need Him and His wisdom!!

It is not the especially smart and wise person who seeks the Lord, because they think they are wise and don't need Him, when they compare themselves to others. Just like it is not the rich person with lot so money who tends to seek the Lord for help, because they have the money to get what they want. And it is not the politically powerful person who seeks the Lord because they feel they can use their influences to get what they want. And neither is it the famous person who is likely to seek the Lord, because they think that they can live off their fame. So it is not likely that a "special" person is going to be the person who seeks the Lord. Pride gets in their way.

So it is that pride, that thinking that we are special, so as to judge others and ourselves as special or not, which keeps us from seeking Him, our Lord Jesus Christ who is the King of kings.

Jesus, though the Son of God and God the Son, did not appear on earth as anyone special. He was not born into high rank, nor in to wealth, but rather, as He told me last night "into a feeding trough". or at least that is how His Father has Him presented. Because He, as The Word of God, is the manna for us who at times tend to act like animals.

So on this day we celebrate as Christmas, the arrival of the Christ, we should more than any other day understand that the person hearing from God and following Him, is not the "special person". If you had been listening to the Lord, even like I did last night, you would have understood all this, but as it is you are looking and judging other people instead of looking to Jesus Christ as the Word of God, so that you (special or not) would understand that you, or other people, are not the truly Special One. Even He did not show up on this planet as a "Special One", even though He was the King of kings, and Lord of lords, and all things had been given to Him.

So there is nothing special about me, except perhaps I know the King of kings personally, but "ANYONE" can get to know Him. So who get to know Him???

I can answer that question!! The anyone that seeks the Lord is the anyone who decides that their understanding is not good enough! Therefore, they repent of their ways and their understanding and start seeking Him for what He has to say to them, and they listen!!

You keep looking to your understanding. So, you look to your understanding of the Bible, which is way way off. And so by your very acts you show that you don't seek Jesus Christ, but rather you think that your understanding of the Scriptures is going to get you to heaven. So, you insist that your water baptism means you are going to be save, but I covered Scriptures with you showing that water baptism was done without anyone even knowing who the Holy Spirit was and had never heard of Him. I covered the fact that Pharisees who were going out to be baptized in water where still life Vipers - snakes which had poison in their mouths. I proved to you that the deeds of flesh accomplish nothing and proved that since a person is saved by faith, then faith with baptism only means they were saved by faith, because that is how logic works - If faith in Jesus = salvation, and if faith in Jesus + baptism = salvation, then baptism = 0! That is simple logic.

But you have rejected all logic and wisdom, and continue to not seek "The Truly Special" One, and you can even understand that He shows up in "ANYONE WILLING TO LISTEN TO HIM". So you are not one of those listening, but you, as and "ANYONE" could be listening to Him on that very special day called "TODAY". You would need to repent of your ways, which was supposed to happen when you got baptized in water but perhaps that was not explained to you then, then you just need to actually turn to Jesus Christ and seek Him for what He has to say to you.

But I also already explained all that to you. Did I not even cover anything about how you judge so shall you be judged. If you are judging people to be thinking they are special, it is because you are judging yourself to be special, and that is the judgement that God will have of you, according to what comes out of your own thinking.

As for me; I am an older fattish kind of guy who wears glasses and talks too much and who only has average intelligence. And I am just foolish enough to keep trying to get someone to listen the Lord, and that because I realize that I myself don't listen to Him as much as I should, I only hear from Him who is always with me about a dozen different times a day. That is sooo bad, that God is with me all day and I only seek Him a dozen times a day. But even with that understanding I can see that the best way to change the world is to get people listening to Him, even more than I do, because that is how I best can change my world. So I see that if "Anyone" would seek His voice (meaning anyone) and listen to Him they will hear from Him, if only they believe in Him.

So like Isaiah and Paul, who were also just "Anyones" who decided to listen to the Lord, I wonder " “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?”

It seems that no matter how much you prove them wrong, no matter how often you tell them, no matter how many Scriptures I prove them to show them their understanding is just off, and no matter how hard I try to get them simply to start hearing the Lord by fiath, they simply will not believe. So it is that faith comes from hearing, and that by a word spoken to them personally by Jesus Christ. If they don't listen to Him, they don't hear that word of faith. If they don't hear those words of His to them personally they won't be saved. If they are not saved, they will wind up on hell and be told by Him that He never knew them. And their being dunked in water will have all been meaningless because it was not done by faith.

Romans 10:16,17 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?

Romans 10:21 But as for Israel He says, “ALL THE DAY LONG I HAVE STRETCHED OUT MY HANDS TO A DISOBEDIENT AND OBSTINATE PEOPLE.”

Deut 8:20 “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.
No, you are of the "special", modern believers that refuse to obey Acts 2:38, via having the name of Jesus invoked over you in water baptism.

Nearly all modern protestants and the RCC in it's entirety, protest Acts 2:38.

They are all duped as they dupe each other.

These are all known as "Acts skippers".

What a mess.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are of the "special", modern believers that refuse to obey Acts 2:38, via having the name of Jesus invoked over you in water baptism.

Nearly all modern protestants and the RCC in it's entirety, protest Acts 2:38.

They are all duped as they dupe each other.

These are all known as "Acts skippers".

What a mess.

Not obeying Acts is not the same thing and not obeying the Lord!!d

It is that thinking which the Jews during Jesus times on earth in which He reproved them for by saying:

Jn 5:39, 41You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. “I do not receive glory from men;

So it is that you are unwilling to come to Him for eternal life, but instead you search the Scriptures, and because you lean on your own understanding you think that He receives His glory from men like Peter!! Yet you are not like Peter who listened to the Lord for instructions! You never repented of your ways and your thinking, so that you actually turn to the Lord for His instructions. Therefore, you don't know Him, so you don't have understanding, because that comes from His mouth and not your brain.

And you are not alone. Jesus told the Jews, in general, the above verse, so it did not apply to His disciples but those religious people. The "slippery slope", is not listening to His words, yet going about in your own ways and just pretending obedience to Him!

Is 30:1 “Woe to the rebellious children,” declares the LORD, “Who execute a plan, but not Mine,

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen
To the instruction of the LORD;

Is 30:12 Get out of the way, turn aside from the path, Let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel.”
Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel, “Since you have rejected this word
And have put your trust in oppression and guile, and have relied on them,

Is 30:12 Therefore this iniquity will be to you Like a breach about to fall,
A bulge in a high wall, Whose collapse comes suddenly in an instant,

Jer 23:12 “Therefore their way will be like slippery paths to them, They will be driven away into the gloom and fall down in it;
For I will bring calamity upon them, The year of their punishment,” declares the LORD.

Jer 23:9 As for the prophets: My heart is broken within me, All my bones tremble;
I have become like a drunken man, Even like a man overcome with wine, Because of the LORD
And because of His holy words.

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Your water baptism of the flesh will not profit you anything, because it did not lead to repentance in your ways and thus you are not seeking the His holy words which come through His Holy Spirit, but instead you have told yourself that you are saved because of you have leaned on your understanding of the words that Peter wrote and have come to you on pages in ink, or perhaps you have even read them off your phone, or tablet, or computer, but none of those words are spirit given to you personally via His Holy Spirit, so you again, as has already been the case, are going to be judged as you have judged. What comes out your writing shows where you yourself are at. You looking to Peter (men) not realizing that Jesus does not get glory from men. You are looking to the writings for salvation instead for seeking Jesus Christ like the sacred writings told you to do. You have not repented of your ways, so the water baptism you had did not accomplish the purpose it should have in getting you to repent of your ways and seek Jesus Christ and His instructions for you. And therefore you are proving the prophets correct, in that you will perish like the nations before you. Your iniquity will be like a breach about to fall, and bulge in a high wall, or that slippery slope you mention. And at the time of punishment what will He tell you? Will it be, I never knew you?

And so it is that I hear Him talk to me and He asks me to preach the Word of God to be Him, and Him speaking so that if anyone repents and turns to Him, they will find that He has been just standing there with His voice. So they might find Him, listen to Him, understand, overcome, and by faith be saved.

Yet because of His words to me, I wind up like Jeremiah, seeing a people who will not turn to Him and repent of there ways and there thinking. They say, I will study the Bible and by my own understanding and thinking I will be saved. Therefore, they have rejected His words, and will fall!! And because of His holy words to me I see this, and my heart is broken within me. My bones tremble for them. I have become like a drunken man, writing over and over and over hoping to save one. Even like a man overcome with the Spirit of God within me, who is trying to let none perish, but they will. They refuse to listen to the voice of the Lord! They say in their hearts, "Let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel". They have rejected His word and have put their trust in their guile.

So I go back to the Lord telling Him, "Lord, I have told them about you, but they will not listen. I have written to them over and over and over, and they will not repent and seek You." I have told the Lord, "I have word that I can do on my businesss, and at least I might make some money, so let me leave these people to perish."

Yet again He comes back to me saying, "Karl could you please write something else for Me?"

So what am I to say to Him?

Jer 20:9 But if I say, “I will not remember Him Or speak anymore in His name,”
Then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire Shut up in my bones;
And I am weary of holding it in, And I cannot endure it.

People; study the Scriptures but do not think that studying the Scriptures will save you! You have to know Jesus Christ personally, which means talking back and forth with Him and that means hearing Him. And do not think that being baptized will save you, but it should have been told you that the water baptism was only a sign that you want to repent of your ways and turn to His ways, and that means listening to His instructions. That faith in Him will save you. So, get baptized in water, I did, but that to commit yourself to hearing from Him, and you will receive His Holy Spirit with His words for you.

It all comes down to personally knowing the Lord our God Jesus Christ, and that too means hearing from Him and obeying His personal instructions to you!! Are you going to go over to the Red Sea and part it in the name of God because you read that Moses did it? Yet if He tells you to go and open a Christian bookstore, then go do it in His name, because that would be doing it in His name. Nobody written about in the Bible was told that but I was told that and did it.

We are not following the Bible we are following the living and active Word of God, who is Jesus Christ., and that is what the Bible tells you!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't read all of your lengthy post. However, I did see this: "Jim B thinks he is capable, by his own understanding, to be able to know how to treat others as he himself wants to be treated, so he believes in himself and his thinking and has not repented of his ways." Who are you to judge me? I answer to no one but the Lord, especially someone who has never met me, yet claims that I have not repented. Shame on you!!!
Is that my judgement or yours, about yourself?

A person that follows the Lord hears from the Lord. A person who does not hear from the Lord has not repented of His ways, and so that person is only capable of doing things by his own understanding and has not repented of his ways. So shame on you!!!

Mal 2: “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart. “Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

I responded to your attempt to curse me, and walked away. I hadn't got but about 20 feet away until the Lord spoke to me and told me to add the above verse, because as He explain, "I is not going to be you who shames them, but Me. If they do not listen like I have told them it is I who puts the curse on them, and I do that."

So it was that He advised me that it was not me "shaming you", but that is Him. I have been trying to tell you to listen to Him and what happens when you don't listen to Him. You abide by your own understanding if you don't listen to Him. You belief is then in yourself, and not Him. So, you have not repented and turned to Him. None of that is my judgement, look at what you have written, you put your faith in your 70 years of reading the Bible and no where to you tell people to seek Him and His voice. Through Malachi, that shame has already been put on you, and any of us who do not listen to the Lord like we should!

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not obeying Acts is not the same thing and not obeying the Lord!!d

It is that thinking which the Jews during Jesus times on earth in which He reproved them for by saying:

Jn 5:39, 41You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. “I do not receive glory from men;

So it is that you are unwilling to come to Him for eternal life, but instead you search the Scriptures, and because you lean on your own understanding you think that He receives His glory from men like Peter!! Yet you are not like Peter who listened to the Lord for instructions! You never repented of your ways and your thinking, so that you actually turn to the Lord for His instructions. Therefore, you don't know Him, so you don't have understanding, because that comes from His mouth and not your brain.

And you are not alone. Jesus told the Jews, in general, the above verse, so it did not apply to His disciples but those religious people. The "slippery slope", is not listening to His words, yet going about in your own ways and just pretending obedience to Him!

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen
To the instruction of the LORD;

Is 30:12 Get out of the way, turn aside from the path, Let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel.”
Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel, “Since you have rejected this word
And have put your trust in oppression and guile, and have relied on them,

Is 30:12 Therefore this iniquity will be to you Like a breach about to fall,
A bulge in a high wall, Whose collapse comes suddenly in an instant,

Jer 23:12 “Therefore their way will be like slippery paths to them, They will be driven away into the gloom and fall down in it;
For I will bring calamity upon them, The year of their punishment,” declares the LORD.

Jer 23:9 As for the prophets: My heart is broken within me, All my bones tremble;
I have become like a drunken man, Even like a man overcome with wine, Because of the LORD
And because of His holy words.

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Your water baptism of the flesh will not profit you anything, because it did not lead to repentance in your ways and thus you are not seeking the His holy words which come through His Holy Spirit, but instead you have told yourself that you are saved because of you have leaned on your understanding of the words that Peter wrote and have come to you on pages in ink, or perhaps you have even read them off your phone, or tablet, or computer, but none of those words are spirit given to you personally via His Holy Spirit, so you again, as has already been the case, are going to be judged as you have judged. What comes out your writing shows where you yourself are at. You looking to Peter (men) not realizing that Jesus does not get glory from men. You are looking to the writings for salvation instead for seeking Jesus Christ like the sacred writings told you to do. You have not repented of your ways, so the water baptism you had did not accomplish the purpose it should have in getting you to repent of your ways and seek Jesus Christ and His instructions for you. And therefore you are proving the prophets correct, in that you will perish like the nations before you. Your iniquity will be like a breach about to fall, and bulge in a high wall, or that slippery slope you mention. And at the time of punishment what will He tell you? Will it be, I never knew you?

And so it is that I hear Him talk to me and He asks me to preach the Word of God to be Him, and Him speaking so that if anyone repents and turns to Him, they will find that He has been just standing there with His voice. So they might find Him, listen to Him, understand, overcome, and by faith be saved.

Yet because of His words to me, I wind up like Jeremiah, seeing a people who will not turn to Him and repent of there ways and there thinking. They say, I will study the Bible and by my own understanding and thinking I will be saved. Therefore, they have rejected His words, and will fall!! And because of His holy words to me I see this, and my heart is broken within me. My bones tremble for them. I have become like a drunken man, writing over and over and over hoping to save one. Even like a man overcome with the Spirit of God within me, who is trying to let none perish, but they will. They refuse to listen to the voice of the Lord! They say in their hearts, "Let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel". They have rejected His word and have put their trust in their guile.

So I go back to the Lord telling Him, "Lord, I have told them about you, but they will not listen. I have written to them over and over and over, and they will not repent and seek You." I have told the Lord, "I have word that I can do on my businesss, and at least I might make some money, so let me leave these people to perish."

Yet again He comes back to me saying, "Karl could you please write something else for Me?"

So what am I to say to Him?

Jer 20:9 But if I say, “I will not remember Him Or speak anymore in His name,”
Then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire Shut up in my bones;
And I am weary of holding it in, And I cannot endure it.

People; study the Scriptures but do not think that studying the Scriptures will save you! You have to know Jesus Christ personally, which means talking back and forth with Him and that means hearing Him. And do not think that being baptized will save you, but it should have been told you that the water baptism was only a sign that you want to repent of your ways and turn to His ways, and that means listening to His instructions. That faith in Him will save you. So, get baptized in water, I did, but that to commit yourself to hearing from Him, and you will receive His Holy Spirit with His words for you.

It all comes down to personally knowing the Lord our God Jesus Christ, and that too means hearing from Him and obeying His personal instructions to you!! Are you going to go over to the Red Sea and part it in the name of God because you read that Moses did it? Yet if He tells you to go and open a Christian bookstore, then go do it in His name, because that would be doing it in His name. Nobody written about in the Bible was told that but I was told that and did it.

We are not following the Bible we are following the living and active Word of God, who is Jesus Christ., and that is what the Bible tells you!
If you have not been verbally and physically baptized in the name of Jesus, you refuse to hear God. It is selective hearing from other sources.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have not been verbally and physically baptized in the name of Jesus, you refuse to hear God. It is selective hearing from other sources.
Of course you are wrong, as seen by the number of people we know are in heaven who were not baptized, but how many times now have I told you that I was baptized and in water. So even by your understanding I don't refuse to hear from God.

Yet you then don't even pay attention to what I have been saying, so how much are you paying attention to the Lord. From reading what you write, you are not hearing the Lord according to what you write! Your judgements have all be wrong, and even the judgement that you persist with, which has you thinking that I have not been baptized is wrong though I have mentioned it numerous times! You have thus put your hope in you being baptized instead of you hearing the Lord by faith.

You have a problem. It is by faith in Jesus Christ, by which we are saved. John's baptism was for repentance of sins, and if you don't seek Jesus Christ and listen to Him you have not repented of your ways. The baptism you are putting your hope in will not save you, because it did not result in repentance and your turning to Him by faith.

And as for verbally baptized, you have your understanding all wrong. John the Baptist said there was One that came after Him who will baptize us with the Holy Spirit. The One is Jesus Christ, and He alone does that!! Even the laying on of hands needs to be done by His instructions, and that because He sometimes like to include us in His work.

Have you never felt the Spirit move through you as you pray for someone like He tells you to? So it is not a verbal baptism like you think at all. You think a person in the flesh just says a word, like a magic statement, and what they say will happen. You are all wrong! But if a person hears the Lord and says and does what is asked of Him, then the Lord Jesus Christ will use them. Of agian, that requires you listen to Him, which is the very thing you reject, so you reject Jesus Christ who is the Word of God.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you are wrong, as seen by the number of people we know are in heaven who were not baptized, but how many times now have I told you that I was baptized and in water. So even by your understanding I don't refuse to hear from God.

Yet you then don't even pay attention to what I have been saying, so how much are you paying attention to the Lord. From reading what you write, you are not hearing the Lord according to what you write! Your judgements have all be wrong, and even the judgement that you persist with, which has you thinking that I have not been baptized is wrong though I have mentioned it numerous times! You have thus put your hope in you being baptized instead of you hearing the Lord by faith.

You have a problem. It is by faith in Jesus Christ, by which we are saved. John's baptism was for repentance of sins, and if you don't seek Jesus Christ and listen to Him you have not repented of your ways. The baptism you are putting your hope in will not save you, because it did not result in repentance and your turning to Him by faith.

And as for verbally baptized, you have your understanding all wrong. John the Baptist said there was One that came after Him who will baptize us with the Holy Spirit. The One is Jesus Christ, and He alone does that!! Even the laying on of hands needs to be done by His instructions, and that because He sometimes like to include us in His work.

Have you never felt the Spirit move through you as you pray for someone like He tells you to? So it is not a verbal baptism like you think at all. You think a person in the flesh just says a word, like a magic statement, and what they say will happen. You are all wrong! But if a person hears the Lord and says and does what is asked of Him, then the Lord Jesus Christ will use them. Of agian, that requires you listen to Him, which is the very thing you reject, so you reject Jesus Christ who is the Word of God.
The NT commands water baptism to be saved via remission of sins(Mark 16:16/Acts 2:38).

By saved, I means assurance of salvation after death.

The rest of the dead(unregenerated) must be judged according to their works and must qualify that way.

Some will be saved(aborted babies etc) and some will be damned as the fallen angels are.

Acts 2:38 is our insurance(assurance) policy.

With another plan you gamble and lose.

By ignoring Acts 2:38, you cannot qualify for the "ignorance clause".

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT commands water baptism to be saved via remission of sins(Mark 16:16/Acts 2:38).

By saved, I means assurance of salvation after death.

The rest of the dead(unregenerated) must be judged according to their works and must qualify that way.

Some will be saved(aborted babies etc) and some will be damned as the fallen angels are.

Acts 2:38 is our insurance(assurance) policy.

With another plan you gamble and lose.

By ignoring Acts 2:38, you cannot qualify for the "ignorance clause".

If you don't Jesus Christ, you will not get into the kingdom of God!! And you don't if you think a Scripture verse is your assurance! He is our assurance! So "ignoring" Him is going to get you where you don't want to go! So, the ignorance clause" is covered in Romans 10 and there it is explained that there is no ignorance clause, you have to know Him!!

Rom 10: 3, 4,For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Rom 10:16 - 18 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?”
But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have;
“THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH,
AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD.”

You don't even understand what is actually meant by "in the name of Jesus Christ". You think it means just saying the words "in the name of Jesus Christ", when it means hearing from Him and doing what he says. That is what 'in the name of Jesus Christ means", but you would understand if you understood that.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't Jesus Christ, you will not get into the kingdom of God!! And you don't if you think a Scripture verse is your assurance! He is our assurance! So "ignoring" Him is going to get you where you don't want to go! So, the ignorance clause" is covered in Romans 10 and there it is explained that there is no ignorance clause, you have to know Him!!

Rom 10: 3, 4,For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Rom 10:16 - 18 However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?”
But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have;
“THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH,
AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD.”

You don't even understand what is actually meant by "in the name of Jesus Christ". You think it means just saying the words "in the name of Jesus Christ", when it means hearing from Him and doing what he says. That is what 'in the name of Jesus Christ means", but you would understand if you understood that.
You must first acquire this...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

To be qualified to apply Romans to your life.

Here is a quick explanation of what I just said...

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must first acquire this...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

To be qualified to apply Romans to your life.

Here is a quick explanation of what I just said...

Has not the Lord spoken:

Jn 9 : 41“If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty,” Jesus replied. “But you remain guilty because you claim you can see.

They said we have Abraham as or father, and we follow the writings of Moses. Yet Jesus told them:

Jn 5:23,24 Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him. “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Yet some do not understand!

Jesus spoke and He still speaks. He said and He still says.

Jn 5:37 ,38 And the Father who sent me has testified about me himself. You have never heard his voice or seen him face to face, and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me—the one he sent to you.

Jesus Himself explained and it is written"

Jn 5:34 - 36 Of course, I have no need of human witnesses, but I say these things so you might be saved. John was like a burning and shining lamp, and you were excited for a while about his message. But I have a greater witness than John—my teachings and my miracles. The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and they prove that he sent me.

Still they did not seek Him, and there is nothing new under the sun. He said, and testify that He still says:

Jn 5: 39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.

He says, Like the Jews counted Abraham as their Father and claim to follow Moses, even as they spoke to me, there are those who count John the Baptist as their father and claim to follow Peter. They said they could see but they will remain blind. They say they are not guilty because they are washed in the water of this world, but they will remain guilty because they say they can see!

So it was that I was told that I did not have to write you back, and that was something I was asking of Him, because it was clear to me that you were not going to listen to me telling you to seek Him and His voice. So why should I continue to write you? "Was it not just a waste of my time", I told the Lord Jesus Christ?

That is when He told me that I did not have to write back. That is when He was telling me that indeed they will remain blind because they said they can see and have no guilt because of the water in this world over them. "If they had claimed they had guilt and need Me to see, then they would turn to me and seek Me and what I say, but that is not what they do", He responded to me.

He continued to speak with me, going over that as the Jews then made it Law to get circumcised, so some have made it Law to get baptized. So, they count John the Baptist as their father, and say they follow Peter. Still He explained, "They do not seek Me, by faith so their baptism was not combined with faith so as to save them.!

And the more He explained the more I understood that I did not need to write back to you, for what good will it do? But as the same time He created a caring and concern for you because of the fire that awaits you because you have been deceived and have not combine the baptism with faith in Him who speaks!!

Just look at what you write!! Are you not continually looking to men instead of Him, our Lord Jesus Christ. You write about Peter, but fail to understand that Peter was looking to Jesus Christ as his Lord. You point to other religious people, but you don't ever tell people to listen to Jesus Christ.

So it is that the message from the Father, which was that Jesus Christ was His Son, "Listen to Him", is not in you or it would be coming out of you. You are trying to enter through the large door called "Religion", like the Jews before you who claimed Abraham and their father and to follow Moses, failing to realize that both Abraham and Moses listen to the Lord and did what He told them. It was those thinking that they were following Moses who said, "Let not God speak to us". So they claim to be following Moses, but in their hearts they were not. They claim to be off-spring of Abraham but in their spirit they were not!

And in the same way as they did that you are doing that with John the Baptist and with Peter. They both believed in Jesus Christ and so listened to Him by faith via His Holy Spirit. As did Abraham, Moses, and all the prophets of Old. but there is no sign in you that you do! Indeed, from what comes from you it was clear to me that you don't hear from Him and not willing to repent of your ways and start turning to Him. Which as mentioned, was why I wanted to give up on you. And why He gave me permission to do so. Yet that permission came with the understanding of what giving up on you meant!

Rom 10: 14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?

So again, perhaps one last time, I will again tell you to seek Jesus Christ by faith, to hear what He has to say to you! Make it about that! Count you works, even you baptism as nothing so that you might get a relationship with Jesus Christ!

Was not Paul a Pharisees, circumcised at the right time, and brought up in the Law and traditions of the Jews. But Paul counted it all for naught so that He might know the Lord Jesus Christ. Your baptism means nothing if not combined with faith in Jesus Christ!! And ifyou had faith in Jesus Christ you would be seeking Him and His voice!

If you had combined your baptism with faith you would have under the truth, which says, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has not the Lord spoken:

Jn 9 : 41“If you were blind, you wouldn't be guilty,” Jesus replied. “But you remain guilty because you claim you can see.

They said we have Abraham as or father, and we follow the writings of Moses. Yet Jesus told them:

Jn 5:23,24 Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him. “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Yet some do not understand!

Jesus spoke and He still speaks. He said and He still says.

Jn 5:37 ,38 And the Father who sent me has testified about me himself. You have never heard his voice or seen him face to face, and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me—the one he sent to you.

Jesus Himself explained and it is written"

Jn 5:34 - 36 Of course, I have no need of human witnesses, but I say these things so you might be saved. John was like a burning and shining lamp, and you were excited for a while about his message. But I have a greater witness than John—my teachings and my miracles. The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and they prove that he sent me.

Still they did not seek Him, and there is nothing new under the sun. He said, and testify that He still says:

Jn 5: 39,40 “You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life.

He says, Like the Jews counted Abraham as their Father and claim to follow Moses, even as they spoke to me, there are those who count John the Baptist as their father and claim to follow Peter. They said they could see but they will remain blind. They say they are not guilty because they are washed in the water of this world, but they will remain guilty because they say they can see!

So it was that I was told that I did not have to write you back, and that was something I was asking of Him, because it was clear to me that you were not going to listen to me telling you to seek Him and His voice. So why should I continue to write you? "Was it not just a waste of my time", I told the Lord Jesus Christ?

That is when He told me that I did not have to write back. That is when He was telling me that indeed they will remain blind because they said they can see and have no guilt because of the water in this world over them. "If they had claimed they had guilt and need Me to see, then they would turn to me and seek Me and what I say, but that is not what they do", He responded to me.

He continued to speak with me, going over that as the Jews then made it Law to get circumcised, so some have made it Law to get baptized. So, they count John the Baptist as their father, and say they follow Peter. Still He explained, "They do not seek Me, by faith so their baptism was not combined with faith so as to save them.!

And the more He explained the more I understood that I did not need to write back to you, for what good will it do? But as the same time He created a caring and concern for you because of the fire that awaits you because you have been deceived and have not combine the baptism with faith in Him who speaks!!

Just look at what you write!! Are you not continually looking to men instead of Him, our Lord Jesus Christ. You write about Peter, but fail to understand that Peter was looking to Jesus Christ as his Lord. You point to other religious people, but you don't ever tell people to listen to Jesus Christ.

So it is that the message from the Father, which was that Jesus Christ was His Son, "Listen to Him", is not in you or it would be coming out of you. You are trying to enter through the large door called "Religion", like the Jews before you who claimed Abraham and their father and to follow Moses, failing to realize that both Abraham and Moses listen to the Lord and did what He told them. It was those thinking that they were following Moses who said, "Let not God speak to us". So they claim to be following Moses, but in their hearts they were not. They claim to be off-spring of Abraham but in their spirit they were not!

And in the same way as they did that you are doing that with John the Baptist and with Peter. They both believed in Jesus Christ and so listened to Him by faith via His Holy Spirit. As did Abraham, Moses, and all the prophets of Old. but there is no sign in you that you do! Indeed, from what comes from you it was clear to me that you don't hear from Him and not willing to repent of your ways and start turning to Him. Which as mentioned, was why I wanted to give up on you. And why He gave me permission to do so. Yet that permission came with the understanding of what giving up on you meant!

Rom 10: 14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?

So again, perhaps one last time, I will again tell you to seek Jesus Christ by faith, to hear what He has to say to you! Make it about that! Count you works, even you baptism as nothing so that you might get a relationship with Jesus Christ!

Was not Paul a Pharisees, circumcised at the right time, and brought up in the Law and traditions of the Jews. But Paul counted it all for naught so that He might know the Lord Jesus Christ. Your baptism means nothing if not combined with faith in Jesus Christ!! And ifyou had faith in Jesus Christ you would be seeking Him and His voice!

If you had combined your baptism with faith you would have under the truth, which says, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life
Obey Acts 2:38.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obey Acts 2:38.
Obey our Lord, Jesus Christ!! Or has He not been revealed to you?

That is where you are going wrong, and that mistake will lead you to destruction!

Gal 3:1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Gal 3: 22,23 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that my judgement or yours, about yourself?

A person that follows the Lord hears from the Lord. A person who does not hear from the Lord has not repented of His ways, and so that person is only capable of doing things by his own understanding and has not repented of his ways. So shame on you!!!

Mal 2: “And now this commandment is for you, O priests. “If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to give honor to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings; and indeed, I have cursed them already, because you are not taking it to heart. “Behold, I am going to rebuke your offspring, and I will spread refuse on your faces, the refuse of your feasts; and you will be taken away with it.

I responded to your attempt to curse me, and walked away. I hadn't got but about 20 feet away until the Lord spoke to me and told me to add the above verse, because as He explain, "I is not going to be you who shames them, but Me. If they do not listen like I have told them it is I who puts the curse on them, and I do that."

So it was that He advised me that it was not me "shaming you", but that is Him. I have been trying to tell you to listen to Him and what happens when you don't listen to Him. You abide by your own understanding if you don't listen to Him. You belief is then in yourself, and not Him. So, you have not repented and turned to Him. None of that is my judgement, look at what you have written, you put your faith in your 70 years of reading the Bible and no where to you tell people to seek Him and His voice. Through Malachi, that shame has already been put on you, and any of us who do not listen to the Lord like we should!
It was your judgement about me. So shame on you and your judgmental self-righteousness!!! You are deluded when you write "So it was that He advised me that it was not me "shaming you", but that is Him". You think you're hearing from the Lord. Why doesn't He speak to me directly??? I think you are hearing from Satan masquerading as Jesus!

Interpreting the Old Testament, which was written about the Jews, to prove your point shows that you are blinded by the devil, twisting Scripture to mean what he wants.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truther, pay no attention to this nonsense.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obey our Lord, Jesus Christ!! Or has He not been revealed to you?

That is where you are going wrong, and that mistake will lead you to destruction!

Gal 3:1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Gal 3: 22,23 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.
You are not qualified to quote the Epistles since you have not obeyed Acts 2:38.

You do understand that, right?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not qualified to quote the Epistles since you have not obeyed Acts 2:38.

You do understand that, right?
As far as I know, none of the people on this forum were there listening to Peter.

Acts 2:40, With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.”

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was your judgement about me. So shame on you and your judgmental self-righteousness!!! You are deluded when you write "So it was that He advised me that it was not me "shaming you", but that is Him". You think you're hearing from the Lord. Why doesn't He speak to me directly??? I think you are hearing from Satan masquerading as Jesus!

Interpreting the Old Testament, which was written about the Jews, to prove your point shows that you are blinded by the devil, twisting Scripture to mean what he wants.
Have you not even read that we are grafted into the Jewish root.

God created men, and they act like men. So just like those Israelites said "Let not God speak to us", and like Psalmist wrote, "
“Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him, And their time of punishment would be forever.", and Isaiah wrote, "
For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who ]refuse to listen To the instruction of the LORD; Who say to the seers, “You must not see visions”; And to the prophets, “You must not prophesy to us what is right, Speak to us pleasant words, Prophesy illusions. - So it is that there are those claiming to be Christians who do the same thing.

What is right and correct is what the Lord Jesus Christ tells you to do. If you were doing that you would understanding all this! You would understand that He made men, not just Jews, but all men,. and men act like men.

So because you say that you are not like them, you will not like them and grafted into the Jewish root. It was Jacob who knew the man of God and though he fought with Him, He was declared Israel. And he had children, even Judah, so that is from where the Christ came from, but because you said you have not part in that, what part of Christ do you have; by your own testimony!

As for me: I hear from Him who I was not looking for when He came into my life by saying, "Read Your Bible", but He was not the Bible. He is the One who speaks to me, and who tells me He love Me, and told me and continue to tell me to preach Him and the Word of God because He wants people, (indeed all men) to listen to Him so that none should perish. Still some reject Him and always have, so their shame, whether they want to believe it or not.

And as for you question, "Why doesn't He speak to me directly???" - The answer is of course that He does and has been!! Have you not even read:

He is standing there speaking to all men who are called "Anyone", so the problem is not that He is not speaking to you, the problem is that you are not willing to listen to Him by faith! Which explains why you even asked the question!

I know He speaks to you, because you are like anyone, but it is clear from what He tells me, and even from what you write that your are not hearing from Him. That is different for Him not speaking to you. It is you saying "Let not God speak to us/me". And that also explains why you think I am hearing from a Satan. You do not even understand that Satan is not omni-present, like God, so if you really understood you would have written "a demon or evil spirit" instead of Satan. So even the Pharisee during Jesus time on earth understood better than you, for they thought He was hearing from a demon because they didn't hear from the Lord. And that when Jesus came to simply turn them back to God and listen to His words which come via His Holy Spirit!

You need to. You, even you how claim to have studied the Bible for 70 years, should understand that all the heavens and all the earth belong to the Lord and that He loves all, wishing that none should perish and so that all should come to know Him, Jesus, who is the Word of God and God's Salvation!

You think I do not hear from God,, but are just like those who thought Jesus did not. And yet I have been given the same assignment to turn people back to Him. So you think the Old Testament only applies to the Jews: So then answer me this: Why do you bother studying if if you don't think it applies to you also?

There is not logic, no wisdom, no understanding in what you write. That is why you search the Scriptures thinking in them you have eternal life instead of pointing people to Jesus Christ. That can change, but you have to repent of you ways so that you start seeking the Lord of lord,, and King of kings (who as we read is over all things) and whose name is called The Word of God!

So start seeking Him and you will find Him, because He is actually standing there speaking to you, but who will you hear from if you don't humble yourself and repent.

If that happens then He will start giving you understanding - and you will understand that the Bible was written to turn all people to Him, so it applies to all people! Thus the Jews were just a people He used to show how all people act!

So it was not my judgement about you, but your own judgement that comes back on you! It was you who first wrote "Shame on you" to me, and the Lord our God who explained that as you judge so shall you be judged. So by His declaration, based on your words, the "Shame on you", which you meant to curse me by, came back as a declaration from Him about you. And in the same way, because you judged that the Old Testament was only to the Jews, then your statement brought for your judgement that you are not part of the Jewish root (Jesus Christ who came through Judah). And because you wrote " that you are blinded by the devil," it is the Word of God trying to tell you about your situation. Have you not read that the Word of God is found in your heart and your mouth. And so because you asked, "Why doesn't He speak to me directly??? - when He speaks to all men but some have not opened up to Him, that too gives you personally the problem that you have. He speaks to you, but you don't listen.

With that said, I understand that I don't listen to Him like I should, and that it true. I only hear from Him about a dozen times a day, which is not good. Never-the-less, that is enough to know that He regularly wants me pointing people to Him so that they might listen to Him.

So, I understand that even His asking a person to preach Him as the Word of God is to that person, an understanding that we all need to listen to Him more. That is what you need to understand, of have you not read:

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

With that, the person who knows the Lord agrees, knowing they need to listen to Him more even they also know they are counted as righteous only because they believe in Jesus Christ and so know Him; but the person who does not know the Lord is convicted of their sin, and that person get upset, when the Word of God (meaning they need to hear from Him) is preached correctly to them. And that from the Holy Spirit directly to their spirit and it comes out for all to see.