How do you feel about the two who bombed the Boston Marathon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Do you feel that they should pay for what they did? Do you feel that they are evil? Do you feel they deserve what they got?

Is that your job? To judge that others PAY for their sins? To be thinking as the ungodly who do not understand that we do not fight flesh and blood but the wicked spirits that harbor our family, friends and neighbors that make them do such things?

Why is it that you are enraged? Did you not do evil deeds in your past because you too followed after the lusts and anger of your fleshly nature to carry out deeds that cause harm to others rather it be physical or emotional or physiological?

We should be more enraged that these boys were held prisoner to Satan to do his bidding and that we did not reach them before hand with the love of God's Word so that they and those who suffered at the hands of these captives of sin would not have lost their lives and limbs.

Who's fault is it really? The Church who is supposed to be saving souls not rooting for their death. But also America's who had the means to teach the Word of God in their schools to these children that they have had in HER midst for all these years, yet She/America has submitted herself to foreign gods who have raised their temples in her and allow these false gods to share in the Land that was founded on God's Word that they have FORSAKEN in their homes, schools, churches, government and morals. She has fornicated with the enemy of NO god's and is producing foul fruit, bad blood offspring having unclean spirits.

Rom 13:7-10
7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
KJV

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
I think it's a load of rubbish. If it truly was a terror attack, it was a failure. Two people killed?? I can think of a hundred better ways to spread terror!! And if it truly was terror, why are we targeting civilians? Why not target the government??

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
When Christ saw the money changers in the temple, he was angry because those money changers were defiling the house of His Father. Christ then overturned the tables of the money changers and drove them out of the temple. By this, Christ is showing us that it is okay to have "righteous indignation." What the Boston bombers did was an atrocity that killed 3 innocent people and injured many others. To be emotionless about this monstrous act and not express indignation is inhumane. We are called to love sinners and even forgive our enemies......but nowhere in the Bible does it say that we are supposed to love the SIN. We are not even supposed to like our own sins.....which is the reason why the Bible tells us to confess and repent of sins.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
The surviving bomber should be executed. If not executed, stuck in a high security prison until he dies.

It's my judge to judge others to pay for their crimes. It's God's righteous law that these bombers deserve execution.

"Whoever strikes a man so that he dies shall be put to death."

You can talk stupid all day long about these bombers being my neighbors as you rationalize your refusal to uphold God's law and as your rationalize your refusal to protect the innocent (your neighbor). The bombers are not my neighbors. If everyone were my neighbor, we'd be told to love everyone.

If you don't follow God's law, you don't love God. If you don't protect your neighbor, you don't love your neighbor.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Polt said:
The surviving bomber should be executed. If not executed, stuck in a high security prison until he dies.

It's my judge to judge others to pay for their crimes. It's God's righteous law that these bombers deserve execution.

"Whoever strikes a man so that he dies shall be put to death."

You can talk stupid all day long about these bombers being my neighbors as you rationalize your refusal to uphold God's law and as your rationalize your refusal to protect the innocent (your neighbor). The bombers are not my neighbors. If everyone were my neighbor, we'd be told to love everyone.

If you don't follow God's law, you don't love God. If you don't protect your neighbor, you don't love your neighbor.
Can you point me to the scriptures that make up the body of your argument. :)

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2013
Scripture teaches that murder is to be seen as a sign of being 'unclean' (Mark 7:20-23). We are also taught in Scripture that we are to show proper respect for the authorities and laws of the nation where we live (Romans 13:1-5). Romans 13:1-5 also teaches us that we are to expect punishment if we commit what we know to be a crime against those laws. It's not a matter of seeking vengeance. It's simply a matter of our understanding that there are laws which must be obeyed for any society to remain cohesive, and certain violations of those laws, such as murder, are seen as so dangerous to society at large that they must be dealt with firmly. This includes accepting that should we ourselves violate the laws of society in this manner, we should expect to be made to answer to the judicial system of our society for those actions.

The concern I have is that some will attempt to paint the two conspirators of the crimes in Boston as having been confused or mistaken. They were neither of these. Instead, they were evil, and must be seen as having committed an act of evil. This evil is not condoned by the Quran anymore than it is condoned by the Holy Bible. They have violated their own laws when their actions are compared to the teachings of Islam.

However, there is a radical sect within Islam who is abusing their Scripture in the same manner as some radical sects who claim to be Christian abuse ours. According to muslims I have spoken with this sect calls itself 'The Sons of Ishmael' rather than 'The Sons of Islam'. This is due to their having convinced themselves that they are the literal descendants of Ishmael, the son of Abraham via Hagar the egyptian. And like Hitler's perverse teaching that the aryan race was superior to all other races, and so had the right to dominate, and even enslave, all other races, they also believe that they are a 'super-race', and so have the right to dominate, and even enslave, all other races. In this way they 'dance around' the laws of the Quran, since they have declared that only fellow 'Sons of Ishmael' are to be seen as worthy of being treated as fellow human beings.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Selene said:
When Christ saw the money changers in the temple, he was angry because those money changers were defiling the house of His Father. Christ then overturned the tables of the money changers and drove them out of the temple. By this, Christ is showing us that it is okay to have "righteous indignation." What the Boston bombers did was an atrocity that killed 3 innocent people and injured many others. To be emotionless about this monstrous act and not express indignation is inhumane. We are called to love sinners and even forgive our enemies......but nowhere in the Bible does it say that we are supposed to love the SIN. We are not even supposed to like our own sins.....which is the reason why the Bible tells us to confess and repent of sins.
Amen!!

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
In cases such as this I've occasionally wondered ...would the victims forgive their killers if they were able to do so? We that are earth-bound find forgiving someone for things that are particularly attrotious to be very difficult indeed. But, if heaven is a fact then it seems there would be no reason not to forgive those that had previously wronged us.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Can you point me to the scriptures that make up the body of your argument. :)

Thank you!

KCKID said:
In cases such as this I've occasionally wondered ...would the victims forgive their killers if they were able to do so? We that are earth-bound find forgiving someone for things that are particularly attrotious to be very difficult indeed. But, if heaven is a fact then it seems there would be no reason not to forgive those that had previously wronged us.
Correct on your conclusion. It does not matter what the killers would do, to forgive or not, It is obvious that their god is not our God and to wonder if they would forgive would be what our fleshly thinking used to be like, we are of the Spirit and understand they are not so we know better than to think according to our flesh as if their actions would cause ours to be Justified cause to not to forgive them.

Even when they stoned Stephen, he did not raise a hand and asked for the Lord to forgive them
Acts 7:59
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
KJV

We are told not to return evil for evil. For if we do as they do, we are the same as they are~

Selene said:
This is true that Jesus did show indignation when he saw them selling lame offerings at the temple of money instead of them bringing the BEST of their flock offerings unto God. But then we are not sinless and Jesus was so he could judge and become indignant.
We must be careful because we do stumble and as we judge others, so shall we be judged. We are to recognize and understand that it is wrong, evil, sin. But for us to await another man's JUST DUES.. we better be warned when it's our time for Just Dues for we also reap what we sow and be judged with the same measure we found someone else guilty of sin.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Make him eat pork for the rest of his life.

Funny how a Muslim abhors eating pork but in the next minute he can murder without a second thought.

Bottom line ... Islam hates the Jews and the Christians .... so they must be working for the devil.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:
Even when they stoned Stephen, he did not raise a hand and asked for the Lord to forgive them
Steven had just judged the Jews and betrayers and murderers. More likely, Stephen asking God not to hold his killing against the Jews was an act of humbleness not of forgiveness. The Jews killed Jesus and the prophets, and Stephen didn't consider it appropriate to count himself among Jesus and the prophets.

And, what do you mean Stephen didn't raise a hand to them? You're adding to scripture. Stephen judged them and condemned them, enraging them, leading to his stoning.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you don't follow God's law, you don't love God.
Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

The women who committed adultery deserved death, thats what the law demands, did Jesus execute her???

In all His Love

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
Make him eat pork for the rest of his life.

Funny how a Muslim abhors eating pork but in the next minute he can murder without a second thought.

Bottom line ... Islam hates the Jews and the Christians .... so they must be working for the devil.
And, the Jews hate the Christians and the Muslims. And, the Christians hate the Muslims and the Jews (excluding Evangelicals who think the Jews are super-Christians, but these Evangelicals doubly hate Muslims).

BTW, the Jews in the Bible did the same as you accuse Muslims.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 13:1

1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.

These men violated the law and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. As one resisted arrest, showing his violent nature in the past left the authorities no other option but to open fire ultimately killing him. The second resisted arrest and by the grace of God he survived. If it is he is to suffer the death penalty, the US government does not bear the sword for nothing.

Polt said:
And, the Jews hate the Christians and the Muslims. And, the Christians hate the Muslims and the Jews (excluding Evangelicals who think the Jews are super-Christians, but these Evangelicals doubly hate Muslims).

Those who you speak of hating are not Christians. Christians love all with God's love.
Evangelicals believe Jews are another race of people just like anyone else, and the Evangelicals that are Christians do not hate Muslims. Again Christ teaches to love your enemies.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
mjrhealth said:
Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

The women who committed adultery deserved death, thats what the law demands, did Jesus execute her???

In all His Love
Hos 6:6 , "For I desired...", means "I take pleasure..." You know, I assume, that God Himself instituted sacrifice, including and up to sacrificing His Son. Yet, you appear to think that the sacrifice of animals was somehow disobedience to God. God wanted sacrifice, but it's not what He took pleasure in. As Jesus noted, the Jews should have done these things, but they neglected other things.

If you had read the account of the woman who committed adultery, you would know why Jesus didn't execute her and it has little to do with what you imply is the reason. It was against the law.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
afaithfulone4u said:
Thank you!

Correct on your conclusion. It does not matter what the killers would do, to forgive or not, It is obvious that their god is not our God and to wonder if they would forgive would be what our fleshly thinking used to be like, we are of the Spirit and understand they are not so we know better than to think according to our flesh as if their actions would cause ours to be Justified cause to not to forgive them.

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
KJV

We are told not to return evil for evil. For if we do as they do, we are the same as they are~

This is true that Jesus did show indignation when he saw them selling lame offerings at the temple of money instead of them bringing the BEST of their flock offerings unto God. But then we are not sinless and Jesus was so he could judge and become indignant.
We must be careful because we do stumble and as we judge others, so shall we be judged. We are to recognize and understand that it is wrong, evil, sin. But for us to await another man's JUST DUES.. we better be warned when it's our time for Just Dues for we also reap what we sow and be judged with the same measure we found someone else guilty of sin.
I must comment that in this world full of sinners, crime is something that causes harm to another. The laws of the land are not there so much just to punish wrongdoing. The laws are designed to introduce a deterrent. If there is no deterrent or enforcement, then the number of innocent victims of crime would increase to alarming proportions. This is not about hating the offender. It is about protecting the innocent. This is love.This is also why in God's kingdom there will be no more sin, with the offenders removed. God Himself is into protecting His children from the harm that sin causes. If we do not protect the innocent from harm, are we not hating them, or at least failing to love them? This is not so cut and dry as you assume it to be.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Polt said:

How often do Jews or Christians strap explosives to themselves and blow up a bus in Mecca

Muslims do this on a daily basis.