We will be Judge according to our works and having Faith!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets look at context.

1. They claimed to have faith.
2. They did not show any evidence that that faith was real.
3. Hence their faith was dead. Non-existent)
4. Paul said we are saved by grace THROUGH FAITH

If you do not have faith according to Paul you are not saved.

The reason the people had no work is because they were still lost.
The point is you have to have both. James says in 2: (v.17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith.

1 John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

It is still By Grace Through faith not works

your works will not cause one sin to be forgiven, period
Grace is nothing more than a free gift. And that free gift is our access back to the tree of life (Jesus) which Adam caused us to lose by disobeying God. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5: 12) But to maintain your grace you must keep the law. (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is you have to have both. James says in 2: (v.17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith.
Actually it proves my point

If your faith is dead, it is non existent

Paul said we are saved by grace THROUGH faith not works

Not faith = no salvation
Grace is nothing more than a free gift.
Wow. so that is all it is to you huh? It is way more than a free gift my friend, it was paid in full on the cross by the blood of Christ. I am quite sure he would nto be happy you saying it is ONLY as if it is not really that much

apart from GRACE NO WILL WILL BE IN HEAVEN
And that free gift is our access back to the tree of life (Jesus) which Adam caused us to lose by disobeying God. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5: 12) But to maintain your grace you must keep the law.
lol

So grace is a free gift. But you must earn it to keep it.. Really?

Paul would disagree with you

Romans 4:4
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

(1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”.
Paul is telling us to work out the salvation we have, Not work to earn salvation. Paul did not contradict himself.

Reactions: mailmandan

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it proves my point

If your faith is dead, it is non existent

Paul said we are saved by grace THROUGH faith not works

Not faith = no salvation

Wow. so that is all it is to you huh? It is way more than a free gift my friend, it was paid in full on the cross by the blood of Christ. I am quite sure he would nto be happy you saying it is ONLY as if it is not really that much

apart from GRACE NO WILL WILL BE IN HEAVEN

lol

So grace is a free gift. But you must earn it to keep it.. Really?

Paul would disagree with you

Romans 4:4
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.

The question is, what type of works do think Paul is talking about here? I don't think you understand what Paul is talking about, when he says not according to ours works. So explain to me what you think Paul is talking about.

Paul is telling us to work out the salvation we have, Not work to earn salvation. Paul did not contradict himself.
That's not what Paul is saying at all. Let's focus on the question at hand.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well....according to the Bible Paul is getting in the kingdom of God, so he must have done righteously. But let's take a look at something Peter says in 2 Peter 1: 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Let's go and see read some scriptures in Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Paul says in Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. This is a life time journey brothers and sisters, you must maintain good works to the end. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:17).
We don't know that Paul was assured Heaven.

We do know that when he traveled preaching what Paul repeatedly referred to as his gospel, and was in those areas prior to Jesus Apostles,that Paul levied a curse to befall on any who came after him and delivered a non-Pauline Gospel .

It's simple really. Animals don't sin.

A Cheetah need not repent for killing an antelope. Nor the Crocodile for having drowned and eaten that Cheetah.

Reactions: Adrift

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't know that Paul was assured Heaven.

We do know that when he traveled preaching what Paul repeatedly referred to as his gospel, and was in those areas prior to Jesus Apostles,that Paul levied a curse to befall on any who came after him and delivered a non-Pauline Gospel .

It's simple really. Animals don't sin.

A Cheetah need not repent for killing an antelope. Nor the Crocodile for having drowned and eaten that Cheetah.
Paul says in 2 Timothy 4: 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Sounds like Paul knows he's getting into the Kingdom of God.