How do you feel about your progress in the faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I disagree, brother. If all self-interest is bad, why does Jesus describe rewards in heaven?
Good health is largely the result of self control. One could call it denying self but if one takes the expression out of its intended context all manner of distortions are born.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good health is largely the result of self control. One could call it denying self but if one takes the expression out of its intended context all manner of distortions are born.
Hmm, let's test that theory. That self is the enemy. What if I love God and desire to do things that invite his spirit into my life? All the while acknowledging that parts of myself desire evil.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, let's test that theory. That self is the enemy. What if I love God and desire to do things that invite his spirit into my life? All the while acknowledging that parts of myself desire evil.
There are different spirits at work, my friend, as well as the Holy Spirit. When we listen to those other ones, we get into trouble every time. When we listen to and follow the lead of the Holy Spirit, how can we go wrong?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are different spirits at work, my friend, as well as the Holy Spirit. When we listen to those other ones, we get into trouble every time. When we listen to and follow the lead of the Holy Spirit, how can we go wrong?
Well I know that there have been times when I have felt spiritually empty and run to God for more holy spirit. And it is because I have had the Holy Spirit that I have become aware of that need.

There are definately different spirits at work, but I think God can put the desire in us also.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I know that there have been times when I have felt spiritually empty and run to God for more holy spirit. And it is because I have had the Holy Spirit that I have become aware of that need.

There are definately different spirits at work, but I think God can put the desire in us also.
Amen!

Reactions: dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you healthy in mind, body and spirit? you will know why.
Are you unhealthy in either of those three? Is it thought that unhealth just dropped out of the sky?
Maybe that is the favoured position? It enables lack of responsibility and creates its own delusional bubble.