How do you feel about your progress in the faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share how you feel about how far you come since you found the Lord Jesus...and how far you have to go.

Ive been a Christian since I was around 14 years old. Im 28 now. And Im hungry to do the greater things Jesus promised believers would do. I know that God has brought me a long way from foolish sins and self-centeredness. He has completely changed my worldview, my marriage is blessed, and I have been happy.

I would like to see a greater level of consecration out of myself so I can minister to others the gospel and pray even more effectively. I would like to see more healing, deliverance, and miracles. I would like to worship God with my whole heart. I believe I can do these things if I get out of my own way.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning of my real walk with Jesus [1976] I was nothing but thought I would and could be something. My earliest recalled goal was to be like Enoch [7th from Adam] and be translated... being pulled right out of this world of men by God before natural death. I really missed it with that one although considering how naive I was perhaps it was not as evil as I have thought.

While I have progressed toward God since then, long ago I was given to understand that my first goal was a selfish one. Now just to be seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness is my aim and the way up is down starting at the lowest room. I try to get there [the lowest room] each day but how often do I actually I get there...? How does my day go after that?

Lu 14:11For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

• Love
Reactions: Azim and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning of my real walk with Jesus [1976] I was nothing but thought I would and could be something. My earliest recalled goal was to be like Enoch [7th from Adam] and be translated... being pulled right out of this world of men by God before natural death. I really missed it with that one although considering how naive I was perhaps it was not as evil as I have thought.

While I have progressed toward God since then, long ago I was given to understand that my first goal was a selfish one. Now just to be seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness is my aim and the way up is down starting at the lowest room. I try to get there [the lowest room] each day but how often do I actually I get there...? How does my day go after that?

Lu 14:11For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
I relate to this kind of zeal. Sometimes, I think I would like to see God's face, even if it destroyed my life. I love Moses' encounter with God and desire similar experiences.

Reactions: Azim

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I relate to this kind of zeal. Sometimes, I think I would like to see God's face, even if it destroyed my life. I love Moses' encounter with God and desire similar experiences.
Nothing wrong with seeking His face. God told David to seek it [Ps 27:8]. Paul wrote about seeing through a glass darkly now but anticipated a face-to-face vision [I Cor 13:12].

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with seeking His face. God told David to seek it [Ps 27:8]. Paul wrote about seeing through a glass darkly now but anticipated a face-to-face vision [I Cor 13:12].
I think seeking God's face is great. I meant, I wanted to see God's literal face directly. Im thinking of this verse...

Exodus 33:20 KJV

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think seeking God's face is great. I meant, I wanted to see God's literal face directly. Im thinking of this verse...

Exodus 33:20 KJV​

20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
Indeed, Moses was unable to see the face of God, but Paul tells us that we will see His face. The seeking is a worthwhile effort.

• Love
Reactions: Azim and Wynona

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. You may be the first one on this forum to affirm my desire to encounter God like that.
Moses did not see God's face, but after he had communed with God the glory of God became so bright on him that Moses had to cover his own face for his followers [Ex 34:26-33] Consider what Jesus said here:

Mt 11:11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Moses was not greater than the Baptist, but those in the kingdom of heaven are greater than the Baptist. Is that not speaking of you or me if we endure with Him?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Share how you feel about how far you come since you found the Lord Jesus...and how far you have to go.

Ive been a Christian since I was around 14 years old. Im 28 now. And Im hungry to do the greater things Jesus promised believers would do. I know that God has brought me a long way from foolish sins and self-centeredness. He has completely changed my worldview, my marriage is blessed, and I have been happy.

I would like to see a greater level of consecration out of myself so I can minister to others the gospel and pray even more effectively. I would like to see more healing, deliverance, and miracles. I would like to worship God with my whole heart. I believe I can do these things if I get out of my own way.
dear wynnie, have you counted the times your reference to 'I' is made above in these few statements?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have progressed by coming to understand that it's ok that I am imperfect. Jesus loves me anyway and he will save me and fix me so that I am incapable of sinning further. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dear wynnie, have you counted the times your reference to 'I' is made above in these few statements?
Oh come on Q.T.! Look at the threads title! The question is asking specifically about how do YOU FEEL about YOUR OWN progress as a Christian. There would HAVE to be those pronouns included...how to answer this thread without using them??

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exodus 33:20 KJV​

And yet i have a wonderful reminder JESUS ONCE said . IF you have SEEN ME , you have SEEN THE FATHER .
FOr now though we cannot see him for we dwell in earthen flesh .
If CHRIST were to appear in all His glory our old corruptible flesh would INSTANTLY dissolve .
Kinda reminds me of HOW WHEN JESUS WILL APPEAR in AN INSTANT we will be changed .
ONE DAY we will SEE HIM face to face dear sister . TILL THEN WE KNOW GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST .
And never let one tell you or persaude you we can KNOW GOD through any other religion . ITS ONLY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST .
now raise those hands and let the KING be praised . The days of the delivery of naomi draw nigh .
SO TOO DOES THE COMING OF KING JESUS where all lambs shall be caught up with HIM forever .
Till then march on sister . march on in the LORD .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have knowledge of God beyond faith as I have experienced the heavenly measure of the Holy Spirit of peace and love with messages from God. The heavens opened up to me one day and I saw a vision of God the Father and he spoke to me and taught me to worship Jesus.

I still need to act in faith though, believing God wants me to help people.

One day perhaps we will all see God. Maybe after this life, maybe before death.

It is good to have faith as it can lead to life eternal. A solid testimony in God the Father, Jesus the Christ and the Holy Ghost is very good for people, denying Satan when he comes to tempt us into disbelief. Believing in the testimony that is contained in the bible is a good place to start for people that are new to the faith. Believing in the many eye witness accounts contained in the bible of seeing God and Jesus the Christ and the Holy Ghost. And that he loves us and wants us to be happy ever after.

Reactions: Wynona

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Christian/spiritual journey started..in 1970's.
---
I went through..the mountaintop & valley experience..over the years.
My perspective is..
- even after the valley experience..we move into next level..
- sometimes..a new assignment/task..
---
I am still learning & progressing..

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh come on Q.T.! Look at the threads title! The question is asking specifically about how do YOU FEEL about YOUR OWN progress as a Christian. There would HAVE to be those pronouns included...how to answer this thread without using them??
What gets in our way is the self. Its enthronement is pervasive. It is the very thing which disables that which we want.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What gets in our way is the self. Its enthronement is pervasive. It is the very thing which disables that which we want.
"What gets in our way is the self..."

Absolutely! Yet, we are not taught, biblically speaking, to hate the "self" but to love ourselves as we would a neighbor??

)Now, the "flesh" is another story altogether...different subject)

Matthew 22:38-40
38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”…

Self, ego. pride...all of that can be found in the "worlds" idea of self love. No, we love others as God loves us. Did He not say that we are to love our neighbor as we love ourSELVES? Are we still that old creation? Are we not "new creations in Christ"? Yes, if we are children of God, why should we hate ourselves...we may still hate ourselves at times over past sins, and, that's something I struggle with at times. But, still...I know the truth. "Old things have passed away"
Bless you Q.T.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, brother. If all self-interest is bad, why does Jesus describe rewards in heaven?

Reactions: amadeus