How Do You Handle Betrayal ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
THE Gypsy said:
Well, Laid...You've been given some sound advice in a few of the posts here. Ultimately though...It is your choice to stay in the muck or rise above it.
You think I'm in muck cause of my inability to do what ? Be complacent to theses fiery arrows from satan and one of his children, my ex ? Then you are so wrong. Once again, I harbor no "bad" emotions. Remember, even Jesus got angry at the money changers in the temple. And what did He do to them ?

All together :

HE CAST THEM OUT.

Sorry if you can not understand the importance to me to rid my life of this child of satan. And as for the betrayal aspect of my original post, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a sense of betrayal when you are indeed betrayed. And as I said earlier, I think I am handling the situation pretty well. I am 1) not pushing the issure with my daughter regarding her relationship with her sociopathic father, I am letting it run it's course. And, 2) I harbor no feeling towards my ex to the point I am indifferent. The only thoughts I have on him are the very rational ones, and common sense one ( ;) ) that tell me to cast him out of our lives in the name of Jesus.
You seem to have a problem with this.
You have had your say. Still not quite sure what my "muck" to you is.
How about when a sociopath is trying to destroy your family you get back to me ?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Laid, don't pay any attention to him. What kind of unfeeling jerk does it take to read what you're having to go through and say 'Get over it'?

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
laid renard said:
You think I'm in muck cause of my inability to do what ? Be complacent to theses fiery arrows from satan and one of his children, my ex ? Then you are so wrong. Once again, I harbor no "bad" emotions. Remember, even Jesus got angry at the money changers in the temple. And what did He do to them ?

All together :

HE CAST THEM OUT.

Sorry if you can not understand the importance to me to rid my life of this child of satan. And as for the betrayal aspect of my original post, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a sense of betrayal when you are indeed betrayed. And as I said earlier, I think I am handling the situation pretty well. I am 1) not pushing the issure with my daughter regarding her relationship with her sociopathic father, I am letting it run it's course. And, 2) I harbor no feeling towards my ex to the point I am indifferent. The only thoughts I have on him are the very rational ones, and common sense one ( ;) ) that tell me to cast him out of our lives in the name of Jesus.
You seem to have a problem with this.
You have had your say. Still not quite sure what my "muck" to you is.
How about when a sociopath is trying to destroy your family you get back to me ?

I don't have a "problem" with anything. You are an anonymous poster on an anonymous forum. There is not a sufficient relationship to cause a "problem".

You missed the whole point of my post. Which, frankly is not surprising.

Be careful with unfounded judgements.

My prayer for you is still the same....May God give you insight to step outside yourself, your hurt and your bitterness and enable you to focus on what He desires you to learn and what He expects from you in the situation you have been placed....To His glory.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Laid, don't pay any attention to him. What kind of unfeeling jerk does it take to read what you're having to go through and say 'Get over it'?
Thanx :)
Some posters will just lead you in circles if you continue on with them.......
I keep forgeting not all Christians have the gift of edification, or discernment for that matter.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
laid renard said:
Hi, I am new here and for some reason it says that I can not post in the introduction section, so I thought I would just skip the intros and ask the question that is the reason I came to this forum in the first place.
Please excuse me if it is in the wrong section, but this seems to be the place.

Even though I have been a Christian since childhood, in some areas of my life, I still feel as if I am drinking milk. It's regarding my daughter. She is a young adult now, and is the love of my life. However I can not feel this intense sense of betrayal from her. I left her father when she was 6 months old when he confessed to me that he was a clinically diagnosed sociopath. He showed me his diagnosis paperwork, and his family even confirmed this to me.
Without going into a big long story, I will just say he then confessed to me alot of the things he had done in his past. Bad things. Evil things. He has even been under investigaion for murder which I feel in my spirit he commited. But being extremely intelligent, which is a characteristic of a sociopath, he covered his tracks well and got away with it. But loving him, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I even stayed throughout all the beatings and affairs, for when I love, I love hard. It wasn't until he tried to kill me, that I finally left him. God Himself intervened for that one, and saved my life. He even let me hear His beautiful loving voice during the rescue, and if anything good has come out of this all, it is that. And the birth of my daughter.

When I told my ex that I was pregnant, he wanted me to have an abortion. When I told him that was murder he said that it was my problem then, and that he wanted no part of it. In essence, he was calling our beautiful gift of life an "it" and a "problem."

But since I left him when our daughter was 6 months, what's the problem now you may ask. Well, we will always be connected cause I met him when my brother married his sister. We will always be connected somehow, someway, due to the fact that my, and his family can not stay out of the situation. I raised my daughter to have nothing to do with him, due to the rapes he bragged to me about, and the fact that he had a 6 year incestuous relationship with his half sister. The two tried to sell the baby for drug money, but law enforcement intervened.

But when my daughter was 18, both families arranged a meeting of the two. Got away with child support now didn't he? But that's only the hurt talking, for I don't care about money.

He worked his spells of charm on both families and my daughter, as is characteristic of a sociopath, someone who does not have the ability to distinguish good from evil, and convinced them that I am the liar in all situations. I am now the crazy person, and he came out scott free.

I trained up my daughter in the ways of the Lord. She use to act so sweet. Went to church, did much charity work, and was just such a joy. Now she has done drugs like him, and just in general has a hardened way about her, just like him. Day and night....

I hear his words in her mouth now when she talks to me. Such disrespect. And why not, in her eyes, I am now the enemy, and he, her cool daddy.

I saw a shrink on tv once say that all ties to sociopaths should be broken for they are just too far gone, and will only cause chaos in your life. I believe this as well. So did my daughter til she met him. I had to see a shrink in real life because of it all, who told me just the oppisite. That it would be good for her to know him, after all, he's her daddy....I stopped seeing that shrink.
Yeah, a good thing. Look at the outcome. Lies, deception, disrespect, running towards sin, and much, much disrespect towards me cause I loved her enough to discipline her, whereas he has introduced her to a life of hedonism. She even now thinks incest is a "beautiful thing" when before the very thought repulsed her. From angel to .........

My daughter and I still talk. By phone or email cause she lives in another state now, but I can not shake this feeling it is all out of a sense of duty, and that she is much happier spending time with the 2 families. Ones that I am no longer a part of. For I had to distance myself from them for the sake of my sanity.

But I will NEVER distance myself from my daughter. No matter how much she pulls away. Like the father and the prodigal son, I will always keep my eye out on the horizon for her.

My question is this.

How do I deal with the utter utter utter feelings of betryal ?

I mean from my daughter, for I don't care about the two faimilies anymore. It was time to wipe my feet and move on.

I just need to now how to deal with the feelings of betrayal from my daughter. She and God are the only ones I love. For I now have serious trust issues due to abuse from all involved. (I was the victim of incest as well from both my father and my mother.)

It hurts so bad.

If this topic is in the wrong section will a mod please move it ?

God Bless You All

Laid Renard ~
My advice would be for you to just remind yourself of the facts.

Fact 1. Your ex cheated / abandoned you, you were 100% sanctified in leaving him. I am surprised you endured it many times. The beating was from a lack of respect for you. Sociapath or not.

Fact 2. You did your Christian duty bringing your daughter up to respect God. You have done well with what God entrusted to you. Her life is in God's hands now. As long as she is alive, there is hope for her.

Fact 3. Nobodies salvation is on your head! Even your daughters. Understand that if you are hurting, God is hurting just as much. He can comfort you. Don't stop praying for her either. Keep standing for the truth. Don't budge and condone sin. Pray for that day that she repents and God switches the light on.

Fact 4. You are still living. God has other plans for you. You need to try focus on them. I am not saying forget your daughter. Parents have a life long responsibility.

Your daughter has a right to see her father, you should'nt keep her from that. Just let her know your disapproval. You must not feel any guilt for wanting nothing to do with him and that part of the family! What fellowship has God with the devil? Don't lose fellowship with other Christians. Attend a good church regularly. Your brothers and sisters are there for you! I have helped a few woman in terrible relationships. Not as a doctor, but a loving and caring brother! dare anyone hurt my sister!

God bless, praying for you!!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
KingJ said:
My advice would be for you to just remind yourself of the facts.

Fact 1. Your ex cheated / abandoned you, you were 100% sanctified in leaving him. I am surprised you endured it many times. The beating was from a lack of respect for you. Sociapath or not.

Fact 2. You did your Christian duty bringing your daughter up to respect God. You have done well with what God entrusted to you. Her life is in God's hands now. As long as she is alive, there is hope for her.

Fact 3. Nobodies salvation is on your head! Even your daughters. Understand that if you are hurting, God is hurting just as much. He can comfort you. Don't stop praying for her either. Keep standing for the truth. Don't budge and condone sin. Pray for that day that she repents and God switches the light on.

Fact 4. You are still living. God has other plans for you. You need to try focus on them. I am not saying forget your daughter. Parents have a life long responsibility.

Your daughter has a right to see her father, you should'nt keep her from that. Just let her know your disapproval. You must not feel any guilt for wanting nothing to do with him and that part of the family! What fellowship has God with the devil? Don't lose fellowship with other Christians. Attend a good church regularly. Your brothers and sisters are there for you! I have helped a few woman in terrible relationships. Not as a doctor, but a loving and caring brother! dare anyone hurt my sister!

God bless, praying for you!!
Dear KingJ,

Thank you so much for your response. It helps alot. Believe me. Just in being able to post it here, and then to see the kinder responses helps alot. As I stated earlier I am unable to trust anyone, so I don't really have any friends, although people try to fellowship with me, I am just uncapabale of it. So as a result I don't have anyone in my life I can share my trials with. So posting here is a nice outlet.

That is why I appreciate posts as yours sooo much. They minister to me.

Thank you my brother. When I see you in Heaven I will thank you in person.

With love,

laid renard

Reactions: KingJ

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
meshak said:
Dear Laid,

Welcome to the forum. thank you for your testimony.

Please forgive me for being blunt. I urge you to come out of mainstream faith. They could not help you when you needed and still cannot help you. You have to rely on Jesus Himself, not your church's guidance which is so powerless in real life situation.

Your daughter and you are in a great mess because you did not rely on Jesus' teachings.

You will have confidence if you rely on Jesus and His Holy spirit power.

Please read Jesus' messages of the 4 gospels without preconceived notion of your church teachings and guidance. If you let Him teach you, you will know what to do with all your predicaments or difficulties.

Please dont waste your time with your church or shrinks' guidance. They already failed miserably to help you.

forgive me for reduncance.

May God bless you richly with His teachings and Holy Spirit's power.

Jesus' servant, meshak.

In addition,

I was in a great mess myself. I was helped when I decided to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I strived to obey all His teachings without compromising. Even though pastors and shrinks could not help me, His teachings made me helper of all my problems and headaches. Jesus says His yoke is easy, how true this word is. We have to let go of this life's burdens.

Being faithful to Jesus' teachings is the key to solve all our problems. Jesus teaches us how to handle anything.

Jesus is our Lord, sister, not any organization or denomination.

In Jesus' love, meshak.

I just added addition.
Dear LR:

If your situation is to be discussed purely on a situation and response level, then I feel I must agree with Meshak here.

* Turn off the tv unless it is to watch sermons.
* Open your Bible and in addition to your other daily reading and devotions read the 4 gospels. Read the gospels over and over for a year. When you are finished with that, do it again for another year.
* Spend at least one hour a day in prayer - remember who your first love is and spend time with Him.
* Exit mainstream church. I cannot agree more with Meshak on this one. Mainstream churches are designed to separate you from your time & money and will give little in return (except a paper certificate of appreciation from time to time).
* Do not listen to shrinks, especially TV ones with their own private parking space next to their TV studio entrance door. Dr. Phil, for example, becomes a holy terror when someone parks in his space (I heard this personally at Paramount Studios. Not second hand info folks.). The man is a hypocrite.
* Find a church that preaches Jesus Christ and Him crucified and you will begin to find healing.

Note that I said begin. Miracles happen, but mostly to those who seek Christ and ask.

Finally I detect that you have connections to spiritism. Abandon it and all the culture that goes with it.
I detect secret sin as well. There is something that is held close and isn't revealed. It must be given to Jesus absolutely.
You will never know peace until you do. Never.

Not even a deliverance ministry will be able to help. You must make peace with God before anything else is accomplished.

Finally the operative word is forgive. You must forgive everyone you think has slighted you, betrayed you, violated you or offended you. Until you forgive them, you cannot be forgiven yourself. No amount of false religion or humanistic pagan head games will do it.

How valuable is peace to you? Think about it.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Niki

May 28, 2013
aspen2 said:
i see. well it sounds like you already understand what is going on and how to handle it. i wish you well.
Sarcastic much? someone comes here for help and you just lay it on, eh? I've read several of your responses and it seems you just want to be a smart aleck. Seriously

JB_ said:
On the basis you're a 'Disciple of Christ' I pen the following.

Betrayal, if indeed it's betrayal is best handled by going to God(Jesus) as he experienced and dealt with it according to his Fathers will. Draw deeply from the personal experience of Christ and draw close to him and he will draw nigh to you.

Seek understanding from God's perspective, as the father has ordained a particular road and set of test(s) and discipline and circumstances for each of his saints.

May God grant you HIS understanding in this. May you cry unto him for his succour and bow in humble adoration as he walks you through the seasons of life and fits you out for heaven. :)

This, ^^ is about all we can do. People make choices that affect others. We cannot change another person and God knows, it's hard enough to work on ourselves.

No one was betrayed like Jesus and while betrayal is very painful, it seems to be the case that some of us experience this because we live in a fallen and sinful world.

I do know what it is like to be betrayed. It is always someone close to you that does it and it hurts and you just cannot understand why. There is no why. They
are just a sinful human being and the thing that hurts even more and does so much damage, is when someone who is supposed to be a Christian does that to you.

There are two things. One, we MUST forgive or the devil gets his hooks in us and we become bitter and hard and Two, we must as JB states, cry out to God. The devil can cripple us with our feelings and questions of why especially when we are actually innocent of charges laid on us by liars.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I do know how it feels. But feelings are what will cripple you and stunt you. We need to get past feelings and forgiveness of those
who have hurt you so badly is the first step in doing that. Then, turn to God and as the Bible states, pour out your heart to Him. He really is the only One who can help
you and bring peace into your life. The peace you want and seek, will not come from outside of you.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nikki, sorry you feel this way. i was not being sarcastic - i meant every word i wrote. i believe people know themselves best and with God's help are the best able to address their own issues. LR is no exception.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Please, will everyone here forgive me. If I thought I was a wreck now, I reread this topic and see how overly defensive I was, and even more so a wreck.
I believe it is through the prayers of all involved that I am starting to feel a little bit more clarified. So please let me thank you all. And please forgive me for being such a downer. I am trying to stay strong by letting go of my own strength.

God, help me to forgive my parents once again, as I did when I was younger, for hurting me.

And help me to forgive my ex husband for....well you know all that he has done, and most likely things only you know he has done.

But most of all papa, (HAPPY FATHER'S DAY BY THE WAY! :)), forgive me for not being a strong enough mother to take my daughter away from all the evil. Forgive me for not coming to you as often as I should have, and for not praying to you more to help me. Forgive me for being a very weak mother. :( :( :(

But if you hear any prayer I have ever prayed Father it is this: Three with three. On this side, and the other. For ever and ever.

For it is In The Holy Name of Jesus that I ask this of you.

Your child,

Pamela

Niki

May 28, 2013
aspen2 said:
nikki, sorry you feel this way. i was not being sarcastic - i meant every word i wrote. i believe people know themselves best and with God's help are the best able to address their own issues. LR is no exception.

ok...now your comment in the other thread makes more sense. I am sorry I jumped the gun on that one. Please accept my apologies. :unsure:
Please, will everyone here forgive me. If I thought I was a wreck now, I reread this topic and see how overly defensive I was, and even more so a wreck.
I believe it is through the prayers of all involved that I am starting to feel a little bit more clarified. So please let me thank you all. And please forgive me for being such a downer. I am trying to stay strong by letting go of my own strength.
Ah no. That's ok. You were not a downer at all....I think I have been worse at times myself. God bless you ~

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no worries nikki - it is not always clear where people are coming from when they post here.