How do you hear from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I definitely like this topic. :) Since I became a Christian, I’ve heard God speak to me. I can’t imagine life without hearing His voice guiding me, comforting me, and sometimes exhorting me.... I can be in turmoil about something, and hearing His voice brings instant peace.

I’m not sure how to answer the OP about HOW I hear God’s voice except to say that He speaks to me in my mind.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear Him in my spirit through my mind...I know that doesn't make sense so let me illustrate it.
Think of a song you love....when you hear it your emotions change accordingly...you even sing along to it....and when it's over you STILL HEAR it playing in your mind....
Anyone ever say "I can't get that tune out of my head?" It's kind of the same thing on hearing in your mind except your spirit is tuned in because you are born again of His Spirit and you recognize His voice

When I hear Him speak my spirit becomes alert and tuned in....I sit and listen quietly after I pray and wait for Him to answer.
Sometimes I am driving down the road meditating or listening to a Christian song and He will speak to me....(it's just a matter of staying tuned in).
People used to say to me I can't hear Him like you do....I was always puzzled as to why they couldn't....He speaks to ALL His children....some are not able to hear it because they aren't "tuned" in spiritually....IMHO

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God speaks through His word, The Bible, always through His word, everywhere through His word and only through His word.
I someone believes that God has spoken to him through a dream, a vision or an impulse, fair enough; just be aware that it is not only God who can speak in this way.
But what no one has the right to do is to impose his own dream, vision or impulse onto someone else: "God has told me that you should be doing so-and-so." No one can bind my conscience by anything other than the written word of God.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God speaks through His word, The Bible, always through His word, everywhere through His word and only through His word.
I someone believes that God has spoken to him through a dream, a vision or an impulse, fair enough; just be aware that it is not only God who can speak in this way.
But what no one has the right to do is to impose his own dream, vision or impulse onto someone else: "God has told me that you should be doing so-and-so." No one can bind my conscience by anything other than the written word of God.
People usually here are rejecting His Word Daily. As written, everywhere, out of every people, God has picked a remnant for Himself.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it is written...test the spirit to know if it is of God.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People usually here are rejecting His Word Daily. As written, everywhere, out of every people, God has picked a remnant for Himself.
Your bashing members on this forum and claiming they are rejecting His Word daily is getting old.
May I suggest humbleness as a better alternative?
James 4 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁰ Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
¹¹ Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
¹² There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your bashing members on this forum and claiming they are rejecting His Word daily is getting old.
May I suggest humbleness as a better alternative?
If people reject God's Word, they reject God's Word. How is that bashing anyone ? Jesus Himself warned the same.
Leonard Ravenhill warned millions of people. His quotes here warned many.
He spoke God's Word, and in line with all God's Word. This is what we all are supposed to do and live - in line with God's Word, not rejecting Him.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no requirement in joining a forum that someone honor God's Word, so out of all the world, even those who reject His Word are welcome, which are more than those who honor His Word.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people reject God's Word, they reject God's Word. How is that bashing anyone ? Jesus Himself warned the same.
Leanard Ravenhill warned millions of people. His quotes here warned many.
He spoke God's Word, and in line with all God's Word. This is what we all are supposed to do and live - in line with God's Word, not rejecting Him.
Because you specifically address those here on this forum....and you have done it often. I am simply offering advice to be humble.
There are going to be a lot of topics that you don't agree with and you are welcome to share your thoughts and beliefs on the topic....but attacking their character, belief, salvation is going overboard.

Reactions: Nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no requirement in joining a forum that someone honor God's Word, so out of all the world, even those who reject His Word are welcome, which are more than those who honor His Word.
This is according to you. Most members here have a heart for God and enjoy sharing experiences and beliefs with each other. We all learn something by listening.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jewish persecutions during the Black Death - Wikipedia
"The Black Death persecutions and massacres were a series of violent attacks on Jewish communities blamed for outbreaks of the Black Death in Europe from 1348 to 1351."

For all those in the world everywhere interested, this articles expresses "the tip of the iceberg" being hoped? for? , sought? , for how to be "less affected" by the 'currect pandemic'

(they don't give full disclosure, I only saw one place I'm looking for again) .....

i.e. "hearing from God" is not common at all, anywhere, but often found in the least expected places (the ghetto in the article, in this instance) .....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you specifically address those here on this forum....and you have done it often. I am simply offering advice to be humble.
There are going to be a lot of topics that you don't agree with and you are welcome to share your thoughts and beliefs on the topic....but attacking their character, belief, salvation is going overboard.
Stick with God's Word , what God has already revealed. (not to me, but to all His people everywhere).

If one out of twenty posters sins openly and contually trying to deceive others, that one is to be called out, when clearly seen and described in God's Word, for everyone to apprehend/ know.
When one out of forty posters sins openly, in most posts pretending to be a Christian, then in others denying Christ with disdain for God's Word,
that also should be brought out fully in the open - ie. it is their own words that judge them, not you or me or someone else's words.

This is all clearly and obviously from God's Instructions.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stick with God's Word , what God has already revealed. (not to me, but to all His people everywhere).

If one out of twenty posters sins openly and contually trying to deceive others, that one is to be called out, when clearly seen and described in God's Word, for everyone to apprehend/ know.
When one out of forty posters sins openly, in most posts pretending to be a Christian, then in others denying Christ with disdain for God's Word,
that also should be brought out fully in the open - ie. it is their own words that judge them, not you or me or someone else's words.

This is all clearly and obviously from God's Instructions.
Provide your scripture that gives you this authority over everyone.

Reactions: Nancy and Josho

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
stop sinning!! john 9:31 God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners but those who obey he hears john 8:47 those who do the will of the father hear from him!!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Close but no cigar. Perhaps show the Scripture as God says : If ANYONE considers sin in their hearts....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't confess your sins, you will be a failure. But God will be merciful if you confess your sins and give them up. Contemporary English Version

Good News Translation
You will never succeed in life if you try to hide your sins. Confess them and give them up; then God will show mercy to you.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
The one who conceals his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them will find mercy.

International Standard Version
Whoever hides his transgressions will not succeed, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will find mercy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty amazing how God leads us to buy certain cars, hehe, as I said in the other thread, God led me through His peace, a peace like no other, the peace even filled my legs, and I just knew this was the car to buy, or this was the property to buy.
God led my wife and I to buy a car many years ago, and when I lost my job not too much later, I was very encouraged knowing that God had led us to that car, and now we had a car payment, which of course would come AFTER rent and food and utilities and all that. I knew we'd be OK, because God had just had us take on car payments.

How, It was all prayer and circumstance and peace.

Much love!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A quick story that is very encouraging. There is a church on the outskirts of Melbourne which I think is aligned with Bill Johnson, where they put evangelism and discernment together and go out to the shopping malls to evangelise.

They are taught and practice discernment and when they go out to the malls, they will ask the Lord who to approach and what to talk to them about. For example, they might go up to someone and say, "We are from so and so church. God has told us your husband is not well, can we pray for him."
Who wouldn't say yes (except an atheist)? They pray vicariously for the husband and he gets well.
I have heard of praying for people, not about healing people without faith.

Jesus healed because they believed in His authority. Praying for people as a demonstration of authority is unusual and when linked to NAR and spiritualism I would not go there.

Reactions: Nancy and Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard of praying for people, not about healing people without faith.
Later the most successful healer in the usa historically as far as I know might be seen. (He passed some years ago).
He did not usually pray a prayer of faith to heal them. (He did pray frequently every day).
He tested them, found out what was wrong, and told them what to do to get better.
If they listened, they got better.
If they did not listen, they got worse.
It did not matter if they had "faith" in Jesus or not, concerning who got better and who did not.
Even if they did not "believe" it would work , if they did as instructed, they got better .

As simple as that. Others more recently have had very similar results - sometimes without testing, but just doing what was good for their immune system/ body/ mind/ blood stream/ gut. Recovery happens frequently,
or people "stay healthy", doing what is right, even if they don't realize it until they do something 'wrong' and get sick from doing it. (happened to a friend a few months ago- they 'knew' not to, but did anyway, and got sick for 2 days.... learned their lesson too, been getting better constantly daily except for those 2 days).

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Later the most successful healer in the usa historically as far as I know might be seen. (He passed some years ago).
He did not usually pray a prayer of faith to heal them. (He did pray frequently every day).
He tested them, found out what was wrong, and told them what to do to get better.
If they listened, they got better.
If they did not listen, they got worse.
It did not matter if they had "faith" in Jesus or not, concerning who got better and who did not.
Even if they did not "believe" it would work , if they did as instructed, they got better .

As simple as that. Others more recently have had very similar results - sometimes without testing, but just doing what was good for their immune system/ body/ mind/ blood stream/ gut. Recovery happens frequently,
or people "stay healthy", doing what is right, even if they don't realize it until they do something 'wrong' and get sick from doing it. (happened to a friend a few months ago- they 'knew' not to, but did anyway, and got sick for 2 days.... learned their lesson too, been getting better constantly daily except for those 2 days).

Sounds interesting, except who is healing and what is the authority in place.

Sadly my experience is of men claiming healing over cancer and dying.
They stood on satan causes the illness so God is going to show the victory through their faith. In their belief system when they died so did their faith because God did not give them victory.

Again so many claim leg lengthening or arm lengthening when it is just perspective and suggestion. Or pain relief, which is easily wishful thinking.

God heals, God uses medicine, calls some home and leaves others. A good friend in her 80"s should be dead, but is still here, and I praise God for her blessing. The Lord will take her in His time. Dear friends have been called home, while others given grace.

I just bow my knees and praise Him. I would love to go home, but at His time. Some think they are so important, but we are servants in His hands. God bless you.

Reactions: Steve Owen