How do you hear from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dwelling in the heavenlies

I have dwelt in Christ, lost in worship. There is a sense with a victorious heart we hear. But when things are tough, despair looms, it can be hard to find balance. Letting go, giving up, stopping is as important as pulling, leading, powering through. What is obvious can become a burden which breaks us rather than letting God find us the right place.

God is patient, He asks no more than we can give. Peace, rest, comfort. I grew up alone, a family of strangers yet apparently a family, but not inside. Thorns and thistles, put downs and fights, not love and encouragements, sympathy and support. If we do not listen to each other how can we hear Jesus?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always think it's a pity when a good thread goes off topic. How do you hear from God was the question in the OP.

Reactions: Josho

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I always think it's a pity when a good thread goes off topic. How do you hear from God was the question in the OP.

I don't think many really want to know about this. People would rather defend themselves than be open to finding out how the walk of other's is faring.

If someone is doing poorer...then that person lacks faith. But if the other seems to be doing better...it's obviously a cult type of thing. :) The same way that people judge other drivers. If another driver is going slower...then hit the horn and it's "get out of the way." If the other driver is going faster then obviously they're reckless drivers. ;)

So I ask...what part of a person wants to know? is there there honesty and humility behind the question? Or just more pride...same old thing?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't think many really want to know about this. People would rather defend themselves than be open to finding out how the walk of other's is faring.

If someone is doing poorer...then that person lacks faith. But if the other seems to be doing better...it's obviously a cult type of thing. :) The same way that people judge other drivers. If another driver is going slower...then hit the horn and it's "get out of the way." If the other driver is going faster then obviously they're reckless drivers. ;)

So I ask...what part of a person wants to know? is there there honesty and humility behind the question? Or just more pride...same old thing?
i mean srsly, listening to the Rich Man discuss "hearing from Yah" is just priceless lol

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have moved 21 posts from this thread into a new thread called "Eastern nations and Western nations", it's under the Christian Debate Forum, if you want to debate about Afghanistan, other Muslim countries and Western countries go there.

Let's keep this thread on topic about "hearing God", please. Thanks

Muslim nations and Christian nations

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl