How do you hear from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
? Pls, it made many, many evil white guys very rich i think; ezackly what it was designed to do?
while also enriching the surely most vile components of the Muslim world, just like we did in Saudi Arabia, with the whack-job Wahhabi's?

Unilaterally destroying Qaddafi's Miracle River for no reason whatsoever--against all reason and common sense, and Geneva Convention--has done what?
Maybe your frame got worms in it, see

Hearing from God. Both George Bush and Tony Blair thought the war in Iraq was a good idea, and definitely WMD was there.
It was the time when people thought the muslim population when liberated would want sensible government.

Trouble is over 50% lived on food aid, and everything was a mess.
Whatever the middle east is it is not a sensible place at any level and the culture does not know how to resolve it other than set up feudal waring groups like in Somalia which is just a failed state. Makes one wonder what is it about the west that works, over reasonable periods of time.

As believers knowing how to pray and help is something we need real leading and guidance over especially if the virus takes hold and things collapse even further than they already have. I fear for whats awaiting many poor ordinary citizens who barely get by each day.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
cynicism is when you doubt something for no reason other than bias. When the world is full of deceivers, liars and frauds who do exactly what is being described, it is wise to want something more than just faith that people are telling the truth. It is fact that too often when evidence is asked for none is provided, none.

As a scientist and business analyst only truth matters, and finding it is the passion. And ironically what that truth is is irrelevant, it just must be true. Doubting Thomas was doubting because he knew how excited people get over claimed things, when investigated are something else.

A believer was interviewed about golden crowns given by God on their teeth. They claimed God had given them even though they knew it was the dentist. This is just delusional projection of what is hoped for, not what is actually going on. And I have had brothers and sisters in Christ who are this nuts, because they want so much to see God move, they will make up something to create the response.

Some even admit they actively create environments to create this feeling even though it is not true, because the feeling is what matters.
Preachers have made money from deceptions such as these and see it is their career to fake such things for the easily miss-led.

One enterprising beggar, knew a church that prayed for people to be healed. So they waited for the believer to come, play acted a problem and healing and then faked conversion and finally asked for some money. So they got what they wanted, money, and the believer got what they wanted, a miracle. Naive people do not see the money flowing can be a lot more powerful than the truth being declared for a celebrity preacher. They may even believe what they are doing because the testimonies declare something has happened even though it is just wishful thinking.

Does it matter if lies lead to faith and trust? Yes, because the faith and trust are false.

Does it matter that all you can see is everything that is wrong with Christianity? yes, because you get into a mindset so that when God does come along and do what we cannot do you claim it is fake.

Do you know who misses out when that happens? Only you because the person involved walks away whole and you are left trying to think up some reason why it is all fake.

Let me tell you something which I know is true. In almost everything, Christianity included there is the good, the bad, and the ugly. The bad and the ugly represents such a small part of it so I let it go through to the keeper because I am not going to let it stop me enjoying all that God has to offer us.

The scripture says that Jesus gives us life and he gives it abundantly. Have you had any time to explore that fact or are you so wound up in what you see as the negative you haven't anytime to discover abundant life? if that is the case, I would suggest that you try and see what is good rather than what is bad. And why is that? Because you will not be held accountable for what others do that is bad, they will so you are basically wasting a lot of time and energy on nothing.

See my blog for more interesting reading.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funnily I have had this proposition put to me by different people, who found their authenticity not in scripture but in their revelation.
The "revelation" need not conform to another's understanding of Scripture (with the exception of one's own spiritual leadership), it just needs to fit with one's current understanding of Scripture.

It is even okay to make mistakes, as long as they are honest mistakes. There is a certain amount of "trial & error" in the Christian walk.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does it matter that all you can see is everything that is wrong with Christianity? yes, because you get into a mindset so that when God does come along and do what we cannot do you claim it is fake.

Do you know who misses out when that happens? Only you because the person involved walks away whole and you are left trying to think up some reason why it is all fake.

Let me tell you something which I know is true. In almost everything, Christianity included there is the good, the bad, and the ugly. The bad and the ugly represents such a small part of it so I let it go through to the keeper because I am not going to let it stop me enjoying all that God has to offer us.

The scripture says that Jesus gives us life and he gives it abundantly. Have you had any time to explore that fact or are you so wound up in what you see as the negative you haven't anytime to discover abundant life? if that is the case, I would suggest that you try and see what is good rather than what is bad. And why is that? Because you will not be held accountable for what others do that is bad, they will so you are basically wasting a lot of time and energy on nothing.

See my blog for more interesting reading.
Your answer to wishful thinking fraud and deception is it is a small minor issue. I would say the opposite. 99% of the claims are false, and what is often seen as an act of God will happen anyway.
When it is cancer, some live some die, take the treatment and commune with God. Why should God not take people home? Where is the faith and where the fear?
Preacher after preacher claimed healing and died. So the enemy won or God has a different way? Submit to God, find peace and praise His Holy name. Either way in His will, live or die, is good. Amen. We are going to be with Him, Amen, praise the Lord, this is going home to ultimate love and peace, the final victory and crown

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The "revelation" need not conform to another's understanding of Scripture (with the exception of one's own spiritual leadership), it just needs to fit with one's current understanding of Scripture.

It is even okay to make mistakes, as long as they are honest mistakes. There is a certain amount of "trial & error" in the Christian walk.
In our church a respected leader had a vision of snakes in the nursery.

It was shared as a serious spiritual warning as if such a vision had meaningfull content. On a psychological scale a single unmarried woman could feel undermined by babies and families and her emotional expression of this was snakes.

But this was an important revelation. I had a dream of falling down a drop. It is disconcerting, but is a classic representation of insecurity and not knowing the future. So I listened to God in praise of worship and founded myself in His words and arms.

Listening to ourselves and taking responsibility of our dwelling in Christ is as important as listening to God. Elijah ran from Jezebel but God had to go and find him. He could have sought the Lord, but rather he ran away and hid.

When in crisis and fear seek God, find His peace and you will have rest for your souls Amen

Being anxious at danger is healthy, being anxious of being anxious is panic and debilitating. Breath to a regular pattern for a minute or two. Spend time thanking the Lord for his blessings and start to name them. Let His peace come, and accept yourself and your fear as ok, but Jesus is so much more and stands with you in His embrace. Thank you Jesus

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our church a respected leader had a vision of snakes in the nursery.
Was there an interpretation for the "snakes?"
It was shared as a serious spiritual warning as if such a vision had meaningfull content. On a psychological scale a single unmarried woman could feel undermined by babies and families and her emotional expression of this was snakes.
Does this woman have a history of unreliable prophecies?

Do your nursery workers have a good accountability system in place and have they been vetted? (Neither of those questions will harm innocent workers.)

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Was there an interpretation for the "snakes?"

Did this woman have a history of unreliable prophecies?

Do your nursery workers have a good accountability system in place and have they been vetted?
The answer to this is no. No interpretation, this individual was not into gifts or prophecy and accountability in the nursery was in place.

I agree from a prophet with a close walk with God who sincerely spoke out the Lord's word, amen, but this was not even close. And the folk looking after the kids were truly blessed and loving, mother's, and caring people you would die for. They were probably heart broken at such a word.

I had not thought about this before, but knowing these folk better now it would not have gone down well. This was 20 years ago, the lady in question has gone to be with the Lord and we have a different pastor. The pastor at the time trusted this lady implicitly, which is probably the actual failing. God bless you.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Proof? I can't offer proof. All I can say is, I've learned Who to ask. It's like, after a while, the preponderance of evidence gives a clue.

I remember one time my friend looking for her keys, at her wit's end. I remember telling her to not worry, she's going to find them, maybe under this sofa cushion. She looked at me, looked at the sofa, pulled up the cushion, picked up her key.

I can look for something for hours, wrack my mind trying to figure it out, then ask God, and know the next moment. I don't have proof, but I believe.

Much love!
I also ask God if I can't find something - and then I find it. I too have found lost keys in impossible places after I asked God to show me where they were. I also ask God regarding other things too, like remembering someone's name. God has shown me that he lives with me and is always around and that he cares about the small things.

Reactions: marks

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Impacts on others lives.

Speaking God's word into a situation is dangerous, deadly. If a prophet speaks to God's people in God's name, and it is there own they risk their lives.

If a false prophet speaks falsehood to a group of unbelievers, one fool speaking to another is the world all over.

I pray for the sick, for healing, and the Lord has answered. He answers all the time. Finding His will is what matters and knowing His timing.

Why should God change His will, intervene? Who are we who do not listen to others worthy to have God listen to us? God knows you, there are no jokes before Him. Can you accept how things are, but in love bring another way? He does listen, He does know.

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your answer to wishful thinking fraud and deception is it is a small minor issue. I would say the opposite. 99% of the claims are false, and what is often seen as an act of God will happen anyway.
When it is cancer, some live some die, take the treatment and commune with God. Why should God not take people home? Where is the faith and where the fear?
Preacher after preacher claimed healing and died. So the enemy won or God has a different way? Submit to God, find peace and praise His Holy name. Either way in His will, live or die, is good. Amen. We are going to be with Him, Amen, praise the Lord, this is going home to ultimate love and peace, the final victory and crown

Thankyou for confirming what I said.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hearing from God.
:rolleyes srsly?
A God maybe, i mean "God" is like the most generic term...and i guess everybody's got one pretty much lol
Both George Bush and Tony Blair thought the war in Iraq was a good idea
gee, what an amazing surprise, huh? GB, thinking, now there's a pitcher eh

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hearing from God. Both George Bush and Tony Blair thought the war in Iraq was a good idea, and definitely WMD was there.
It was the time when people thought the muslim population when liberated would want sensible government.

But you are claiming that your own hearing from God is better than that of Bush or Paul Bremer ...who claimed to be following God's directives. He claimed to hear directly from God. And you are making the same claim? Could you not be as deceived as they? Can you admit to that? As you condemn others who claim to know the truth...and judge others...are you not possibly doing the same or worse than what you claim?

Do you see the problem? Are you the final arbiter of what God is saying? Or do you assume that your discernment is any better than they who make huge blunders in their own assumptions about how connected they are to God?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"and definitely WMD was there" i mean surely they are the ones who made that up?
Whatever the middle east is it is not a sensible place
well to us maybe, but then if that is so then why are we there? And fwiw i have pictures of before we arrived to "help," when it was a very sensible place? Iow we brought the Chaos, almost surely

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But you are claiming that your own hearing from God is better than that of Bush or Paul Bremer ...who claimed to be following God's directives. He claimed to hear directly from God. And you are making the same claim? Could you not be as deceived as they? Can you admit to that? As you condemn others who claim to know the truth...and judge others...are you not possibly doing the same or worse than what you claim?

Do you see the problem? Are you the final arbiter of what God is saying? Or do you assume that your discernment is any better than they who make huge blunders in their own assumptions about how connected they are to God?

I am actually saying the opposite. War resolves nothing, it just says who in a population tries to make the decisions.
Democracy works by consent of the population, so if you "liberate" a population you better be sure they want what you think they want.
In both Afghanistan and Iraq what they wanted was complex, and not what we would regard as democracy.

If you want to understand the complexity look at Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Japan, Germany.
Each culture interprets power structures differently and what are the economic realities of life often dictate who rules and who is the victim.

In the west we naively believe the rights of the individual matter, and expression of you as a person should be respected. This is only true in our culture, but it drives almost everything we do. Wiping out a power structure and then imposing ones own becomes as much a dictatorship as the previous one if the people do not agree.

Now if one understands all this and takes it to the Lord, Amen.
Lying about WMD and terrorist groups, is simply lying, and saying that God led you into it, is against our laws and foundation of democratic power. And in the end, actually has caused more harm than good.

If I was being a realist, both the Mujahudin and ISIS are a direct result of playing nation building and destroying in a culture not understood.
Iran went nuts because the west supported the Shah and his corruption. Assad in Syria again was a west supported group. The Afghan rebels against the Soviets is Afghanistan were western supported and went on to become AlKidah and 9/11.
For a long time the Kurds have been ignored and persecuted and still Turkey, Syria, Iraq have treated them badly, yet they have fought bravely against ISIS.

Speaking God into ignorance is not Godly wisdom or direction. Until one sees a true way through, it is best to walk away. People have to inherit the deeds they sow, until that people are prepared to change, repent, look for alternatives and work for them. God bless you.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"and definitely WMD was there" i mean surely they are the ones who made that up?
well to us maybe, but then if that is so then why are we there? And fwiw i have pictures of before we arrived to "help," when it was a very sensible place? Iow we brought the Chaos, almost surely

What made me think is what I know. How many years does it take to make a good manager of a business? 10 - 20 years.
How many good managers do you destroy by taking over a country, deposing the structures and putting in place the guys who speak loudest?
How long does it take for a meritocracy to take shape, justice to come into effect and real quality businesses to spring up?

Some say a generation or so. In europe the EU sent local government managers in to the old yugoslave countries and they started to look at what would have to happen across the whole society to get good local government in place. They were looking at 30 to 40 years.
And this is in cultures we understand, that are european.

The ottoman empire ran on military power and slavery. It dominated the whole middle east up to the 1st world war. So one or two living generations ago. Look at food aid and the numbers in these countries who were living only on charity? 50% maybe more.
So you are not looking at functioning states. Throw in climate change, social unrest, tribal warfare under the surface, corruption, no proper justice or judicial process, poor or no education, it is a mess.

Now I am just an analyst making superficial observations, with a few facts. God help those born into this situation. God bless you

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your question is hypothetical & soulish. If God gives you a big revelation, He will give you the means to receive and vet it [2 Timothy 3:16-17]. The Holy Spirit is that thorough.

If you are uncertain, He will keep after you (without condemnation). I am reminded of God talking to young Samuel [1 Samuel 3:2-10].
If we are in Christ then he is in us by his Holy Spirit then we know in our knowers - in our spirits - when we hear from God. We don't need to prove it we just know.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so again i would futilely ask why we are even there, and not Not there as the inhabitants make very plain that they would prefer? See the nation would certainly not be dying to kick out benefactors, now would they. Wadr most those places were paradise before we arrived, i even have pictures. Not saying that they were perfect or that Muslims don't have their own problems, but they are none of our business, let alone subject to our judgement? After GB has finished sinking into the waves maybe we can talk about this some more? And don't be surprised imo when your daughter wants to date a Muslim either i guess eh

There is a problem. Once you are involved, you have taken responsibility and cannot just pull out because you destroy the very structures that make it work, no matter how poorly. So it is like a trap, you need a real plan and a cost benefit equation.

In Afghanistan the best thing I have seen is womens rights, recognising these beautiful people should be loved and cared for, given education and a role that is real, and be listened to. And it is actually starting to happen, to which I say Amen, praise the Lord.
Equally in Iraq the people are starting to get a voice and express need and desire, to talk to power, to want and need change.
So what started badly, can end well, but it may cost a lot.

So what I have learnt is wherever we are, we need to commit it to the Lord and seek guidance, and listen and love and talk to those around. And in time a direction emerges and God blesses. What is fantastic is love works, it bears fruit, it never returns void. God bless you.

God can use everything, no matter how ill conceived and useless it was, it can become a tool in His hands. God used Babylon to rebuke Israel, which led to the 2nd temple and Jesus and our salvation, so I say Amen to the Lord.

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Elijah had a plan, they would listen if God spoke. Sacrifice , fire, overthrow Baal, and then let's kill Elijah.

Hearing from God for the prophet, us means an unpleasant response. Power in community is hard to give up even to God. In our own lives, are we right? Are we sharing as we should? Christ in us, the hope of glory.

Each day do we listen and expect or get on and do hoping we can cope. I often do not cope, close my ears and find it hard to believe. Then God speaks and I am enlivened, amen