HOW DO YOU IMAGINE GOD WHEN YOU PRAY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father God is a Spirit so I imagine Him being invisible. But I believe He can have a visible body that looks like ours as Moses encountered.

Sometimes I just want God to show up in my room and encounter Him once more.
Do you have a written testimony? If so I would love to read it.

Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina, interesting you mentioned mountain top. Early on in my Christianity I remembered reading about Moses and his trips to the sacred mountain of the Lord. When I moved to Southern California I loved just driving up to the mountains and going for hikes. I remember feeling closer to the Lord on a couple of these mountain top hikes. On one hike it was surreal that I hiked above the low lying clouds of the valley. The mountain I was on top of had clouds surrounding it and I was just above them. It was like I was all alone with the Lord up there and it was peaceful. I would kneel down and pray up there. It was my personal time with the Lord.

Looking back some of these hikes were a little risky and dangerous where I almost got into trouble. But now they are fond memories I can think about.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have one written down. I don't always like to share my complete experience on here but Id consider it.
There is a section on here for testimonies. It took courage for me to post mine because I sound like a lunatic lol. But so did and I’m glad I did. It has reached some people and made them think which is all I can ask for.

Reactions: dev553344

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina, interesting you mentioned mountain top. Early on in my Christianity I remembered reading about Moses and his trips to the sacred mountain of the Lord. When I moved to Southern California I loved just driving up to the mountains and going for hikes. I remember feeling closer to the Lord on a couple of these mountain top hikes. On one hike it was surreal that I hiked above the low lying clouds of the valley. The mountain I was on top of had clouds surrounding it and I was just above them. It was like I was all alone with the Lord up there and it was peaceful. I would kneel down and pray up there. It was my personal time with the Lord.

Looking back some of these hikes were a little risky and dangerous where I almost got into trouble. But now they are fond memories I can think about.
I love the mountains. I moved into the woods in the mountains. I feel closer to God in nature.

Reactions: marks and dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a section on here for testimonies. It took courage for me to post mine because I sound like a lunatic lol. But so did and I’m glad I did. It has reached some people and made them think which is all I can ask for.
I remember reading yours in the testimony section and liking it.

I wrestle with being selectively open about some things in my life while skimming the parts I don't like. Its the parts I dont like that might be the most encouraging.

Reactions: marks and Mantis

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In dreams I've seen Him as a storekeeper- like the Owner of an old West small town General Store with shelves brimming.

View attachment 25280

He stood behind the counter and spoke with me, supplying my every need, and He offered me fresh baked bread at no cost, that I can still smell from memory. He was white-haired, elderly, handsome, stately and kind, speaking softly and slowly and calling me "Son" as an old gentleman might.

You likely had an encounter with a holy angel.
Men can have encounters with holy angels, usually unaware, but may after the fact, suspect.

My niece at age 3 has regular encounters with 3 angels. Not being church going, but called them angels, because they told her they were angels, and told her their names. When sent to her bedroom to nap, if not tired she would look at books, color, and these angels use to appear and read to her. Her mother heard her talking and asked who are you talking to to, and that is when she said angels, and what they were doing. Her mom quizzed her about books they read to her, what they were about and the child could relay the story.
Why they appeared to her is speculation. The family had recently moved to a monstrously huge home. The child’s room was upstairs, and she often scared to be upstairs alone. However on another occasion the child riding with her mom driving, yelled out to her mom look at all the angels, they’re flying, the mom glanced over to see, and off the side of the freeway where the child was pointing was a cemetery. The mom saw headstones, the child saw many flying angels. There were other incidents as well, but seemed to fade off as she turned 4 yrs old.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You likely had an encounter with a holy angel.
Men can have encounters with holy angels, usually unaware, but may after the fact, suspect.

My niece at age 3 has regular encounters with 3 angels. Not being church going, but called them angels, because they told her they were angels, and told her their names. When sent to her bedroom to nap, if not tired she would look at books, color, and these angels use to appear and read to her. Her mother heard her talking and asked who are you talking to to, and that is when she said angels, and what they were doing. Her mom quizzed her about books they read to her, what they were about and the child could relay the story.
Why they appeared to her is speculation. The family had recently moved to a monstrously huge home. The child’s room was upstairs, and she often scared to be upstairs alone. However on another occasion the child riding with her mom driving, yelled out to her mom look at all the angels, they’re flying, the mom glanced over to see, and off the side of the freeway where the child was pointing was a cemetery. The mom saw headstones, the child saw many flying angels. There were other incidents as well, but seemed to fade off as she turned 4 yrs old.
When my mother died I went to her burial. I often see spiritual things with my spiritual eyes. When we were there, the Lord appeared and like a cloud of heaven appeared also. And then my mother as she was conversing with the Lord. I had been feeling terrible at the time and that vision brought me peace.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What a lovely interesting thread. :)
I’ve only just seen it.

When I pray , much like @Taken …I see a huge glory cloud with a kind and fatherly face hidden deep within it…He has no form , just a weighty peaceful presence. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I pray, I imaging God to be in the center of whatever space I'm in, Spirit, unseen, the place from which emanates love and comfort, the One Who watches me always, He Who is with me.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know whether I should say this or not but really feel that it may help some people.

Not everybody had a good father. Some even had really bad fathers. My own father was very stern and that's how I used to see God.

Fortunately I am now able to see my heavenly Father as kind and loving and I want to say to those who have less than ideal dads that you need to forget your childhood experiences your fathers and instead when you think of God see him as the ideal perfect father you always wanted.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know whether I should say this or not but really feel that it may help some people.

Not everybody had a good father. Some even had really bad fathers. My own father was very stern and that's how I used to see God.

Fortunately I am now able to see my heavenly Father as kind and loving and I want to say to those who have less than ideal dads that you need to forget your childhood experiences your fathers and instead when you think of God see him as the ideal perfect father you always wanted.
I didn't have much of a father myself. But I've come to learn more what Fathering is from God my Father.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't have much of a father myself. But I've come to learn more what Fathering is from God my Father.

Much love!
A father who does not correct his erring children has not love for said children .
A prime example of the perfect FATHER ISGOD . AND ALL WHOM HE LOVETH HE WILL CHASTEN AND SCOURGE
HE WILL CORRECT . and we can see HIS LOVE in CHRIST who did all for the sake of others and YES HE CORRECTED ERROR TOO .
And we can see HIS love in the apostels who risked even their own lives to the get the glorious gospel out to the peoples
AND YES THEY CORRECTED TOO . Just things to remember my friends .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People who are not Christians - even some that are as well probably - see God as judgmental and stern and always looking for ways to punish people. Sadly they cannot know the truth of his love and mercy.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who are not Christians - even some that are as well probably - see God as judgmental and stern and always looking for ways to punish people. Sadly they cannot know the truth of his love and mercy.
Yet when one truly learns of the Father they see all those dire warnings as only good for our soul .
For GOD desires not the death of the wicked but rather they would repent .
GOD Knows HE will righteously destroy and put an end to all evil . He made the WAY OUT of His righteous judgment upon the ungodly .
HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST . I SEE every warning in that bible as good for my soul .
Notice that GOD does not first destroy the evil , HE ALWAYS WARNS FIRST . Notice that .
HE always warns and HE sends prophets and men to warn . Even unto his own HE sent the prophets to warn them
of the coming judgment and TO REPENT for why will ye die . BUT IF FOLKS try and change GOD and say OH HE aint gonna destroy
HE aint gonna judge the world , ALL is well , THEY are preaching hate to the peoples and trying to CHANGE GOD into their own image
of what they THINK HE DOES and will do . WE must preach CHRIST and we must warn .
LOVE warns . Remember do not HATE your neighbor in your heart . NOW before i finish that
I want us to realize we are not to HATE . RIGHT .
SO now lets look at what hate does . DO not hate your neighbor in your heart , you shall in any way correct them , rebuke them
and Not ALLOW SIN UPON THEM . EVER wonder why the aposetls warned , why CHRIST warned and corrected
WHY GOD even chastens and corrects . Exactly . LOVE dont sit and hug folks to hell and allow them to sit in sin
and in unbelief either . IT DOES ALL to point folks to JESUS CHRIST and it does all to correct any brethren in any error .
ME THINKS ITS HIGH TIME FOR US TO LEARN GOD , LEARN CHRIST and LEARN THAT KIND OF LOVE .