HOW DO YOU IMAGINE GOD WHEN YOU PRAY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you ever have a picture of him in your mind or is he remote and invisible?

A while ago I began to wonder about my relationship to a Creator God who is also my heavenly Father.

Ideally a loving father should be always available for his children, and our Living God is absolutely a loving father. So I imagined coming to him as a child might.

I knew where he was and that he didn’t mind being disturbed so I thought of myself as walking through a hallway to an open door. Inside the room which was bit like a library or study, I knew my father would be sitting in one of the big comfy chairs with his back to the door.

I couldn’t see his face and although I was very quiet he knew I was there and beckoned me in and welcomed me in a kind voice and I could tell he was smiling.

Once in the room I approached close to his chair for a hug and then sat on the floor at his feet with my head on his knee while I talked to him and listened to what he had to say to me.

Over time this image has not changed and I still love to think of our Creator waiting for us to approach him whether for guidance or forgiveness or simply just to sit and rest with him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I've had visions of God and what he looks like. But beyond that I see a loving Father that wants his children to be loving and peaceful when interacting with each other. I think heaven is a place where his love is dominant. Having been a father myself I know how much I love my children and desire for them to be happy and kind and loving to each other. So I see God as the greatest Father.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father God is a Spirit so I imagine Him being invisible. But I believe He can have a visible body that looks like ours as Moses encountered.

Sometimes I just want God to show up in my room and encounter Him once more.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A while ago I began to wonder about my relationship to a Creator God who is also my heavenly Father.

Ideally a loving father should be always available for his children, and our Living God is absolutely a loving father. So I imagined coming to him as a child might.

I knew where he was and that he didn’t mind being disturbed so I thought of myself as walking through a hallway to an open door. Inside the room which was bit like a library or study, I knew my father would be sitting in one of the big comfy chairs with his back to the door.

I couldn’t see his face and although I was very quiet he knew I was there and beckoned me in and welcomed me in a kind voice and I could tell he was smiling.

Once in the room I approached close to his chair for a hug and then sat on the floor at his feet with my head on his knee while I talked to him and listened to what he had to say to me.

Over time this image has not changed and I still love to think of our Creator waiting for us to approach him whether for guidance or forgiveness or simply just to sit and rest with him.

This is a tough one for me as I was not at all close with my father. I still have some issues that I simply cannot relate to with a "good" father. My dad was not a cheerful person and was angry much of the time. As a kid, it affected me as i could see it affecting my sweet mom. Don't get me wrong, my father kept a roof over us and food on the table, to the tune of at least two jobs so, his life was not easy, even from earliest childhood on but, that's a whole nother story.
Coming to God is prayer is kind of strange with me...I seem to approach with head down expecting to get zapped, lol. I know our heavenly Father is not like that yet...it can be strange sometimes.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In dreams I've seen Him as a storekeeper- like the Owner of an old West small town General Store with shelves brimming.

upload_2022-8-19_18-49-48.jpeg

He stood behind the counter and spoke with me, supplying my every need, and He offered me fresh baked bread at no cost, that I can still smell from memory. He was white-haired, elderly, handsome, stately and kind, speaking softly and slowly and calling me "Son" as an old gentleman might.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Thats so nice it reminds me of when Jesus told the children to come to him.
Our knowledge is child-like compared to Gods so iyt is a wonderful way to approach Him.

Sometimes i imagine Him as a spirit, other times i imagine him as an intense light, brighter than the sun, so bright you cannot look at it, other times i picture Christ as He is traditionally portrayed in pictures with the beard.

Bemark

Jun 23, 2022
Hastings
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The apostles didn't imagine . They had a relationship with the Father , The Son and the Holy Spirit. The 3

That's why they baptized IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER , THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. they released there spiritual gate that they had with the 3 on the one getting baptized. ......that's why they said I BAPTISE YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER SON AND HOLY SPIRIT. You can't release what you don't have .......or hold. If you are a gate keeper in the house ofthe Lord.

You are on to it....how do we relate to the separate parts of the Godhead. Jesus explained the Father in the Lord's prayer. The start of knowing him and his kingdom and rules to abiding and not falling away. For his is the Kingdom the power and the glory.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The apostles didn't imagine . They had a relationship with the Father , The Son and the Holy Spirit. The 3

That's why they baptized IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER , THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. they released there spiritual gate that they had with the 3 on the one getting baptized. ......that's why they said I BAPTISE YOU IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER SON AND HOLY SPIRIT. You can't release what you don't have .......or hold. If you are a gate keeper in the house ofthe Lord.

You are on to it....how do we relate to the separate parts of the Godhead. Jesus explained the Father in the Lord's prayer. The start of knowing him and his kingdom and rules to abiding and not falling away. For his is the Kingdom the power and the glory.
Yes, I agree and like the original disciples, I too have a very personal relationship with Jesus and through him with the Father and Holy Spirit.

My post illustrates who the Father is to me: loving, gentle, kind and just waiting for me to approach him any time of day or night.

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I pray besides my daily groomings.
I pray to a great and living father who hears everything I say because he is in the room with me, even though I cannot see him. Because he knows the longings or disturbance of my heart I pray that he shows me his will in those things.

I know that "NO" is an answer to prayer that not only most but I don't want to hear and many cannot or will not hear NO, myself included.

And yes all my prayers have been answered.

Alfredthefifth

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see him as an almighty being that does not need to hear my prayers, Like a Father who is busy working on something but is approached by a child and takes time to listen to his petitions. There is a sense of awe, every time I approach God in Prayer, which the above example shows, but does not fully illustrate. Like a Kid meeting their favorite sports star, or actor for the first time.... But this happens every time.

Reactions: marks and Azim

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Has anyone ever watched the tv series, Mork and Mindy when Mork used to stand in a spotlight talking to his superiors about what he learned about earthlings? I used to imagine standing in a spotlight similar to that when talking with God as a young believer. Later on that image changed and I would imagine sitting on a mountain top with the Lord sitting next to me and we would talk for hours and watch the sun come over the horizon...:)