How do you know your saved??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why, because I actually believe what the Scriptures say?

This describes you:

14 But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
lol not bad i will give you one shot with scripture where does it say if God answers all your prayers you know your saved. in them exact words . i figured i would hit a nerve God only answers in yes no or not yet

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol not bad i will give you one shot with scripture where does it say if God answers all your prayers you know your saved. in them exact words . i figured i would hit a nerve God only answers in yes no or not yet

It uses the word "assure;" will that do for your skeptical mind?

And it is my belief according to the scriptures, that God only answers, "yes." Anything out of His will He doesn't even listen to, so we only think He sometimes says no, but it is all on us, not Him.

By the way, you are as bad with grammar as I am! LOL

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It uses the word "assure;" will that do for your skeptical mind?
that is not what i asked for . i asked for scripture i dont buy into anything unless the Bible says it .. no i dont do grammar correctly .i know what needs to be said and will back it up with scripture. but to put in proper writing form.. i dont do english very good. i have never claimed to be a writer . i speak/preach not write. i even use the word aint

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctification is an instant entrance into the presence of God.
Funny how no one ever becomes instantly holy when they are saved, but they grow in the faith over time. Yes I was exposed to second blessing holiness teachings growing up. You know what? Those sanctified people were still not perfect.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is not what i asked for . i asked for scripture i dont buy into anything unless the Bible says it .. no i dont do grammar correctly .i know what needs to be said and will back it up with scripture. but to put in proper writing form.. i dont do english very good. i have never claimed to be a writer . i speak/preach not write. i even use the word aint

You wanted wording "exactly," I asked if a Scripture that uses the word "assure" instead would be okay for your skeptical mind.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how no one ever becomes instantly holy when they are saved, but they grow in the faith over time. Yes I was exposed to second blessing holiness teachings growing up. You know what? Those sanctified people were still not perfect.

Maybe not all the way to "holy," but they become righteous immediately when empowered with the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

You may be believing the teaching that the process of our becoming holy is called "sanctification" like E used. That is an error in semantics. We are already sanctified as soon as we are justified. From then on we become more and more Christlike, and the word for that is glorification, partaking of the divine nature. Glorification is not after you die as some believe; again semantics. E may mean something entirely different than me, but certainly, you.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe not all the way to "holy," but they become righteous immediately when empowered with the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

You may be believing the teaching that the process of our becoming holy is called "sanctification" like E used. That is an error in semantics. We are already sanctified as soon as we are justified. From then on we become more and more Christlike, and the word for that is glorification, partaking of the divine nature. Glorification is not after you die as some believe; again semantics. E may mean something entirely different than me, but certainly, you.
this is a matter of interpretation to who the person understands

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it must be backed up with scripture post way

1 John 3:18-24
18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. ... 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

People are only sanctified by abiding in Christ. The maturity or perfecting of the saints has to do with character...that Christ be formed in us. In the meantime we come in and out of holiness...or not at all. They who say they are always holy are they who haven't entered in.

Even the born again experience is a birth in holiness. The second blessing is the baptism in the Spirit...for they who were not baptized that deeply in regeneration. But there are many fillings of the Spirit for the seekers of God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are only sanctified by abiding in Christ. The maturity or perfecting of the saints has to do with character...that Christ be formed in us. In the meantime we come in and out of holiness...or not at all. They who say they are always holy are they who haven't entered in.

Even the born again experience is a birth in holiness. The second blessing is the baptism in the Spirit...for they who were not baptized that deeply in regeneration. But there are many fillings of the Spirit for the seekers of God.

Well said.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Semantics. Call it what you will. Still the same thing.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which is pretty much what I said. It's not a one time thing, as some teach.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is actually words given definitions that could lead those who are liberal to error.
i told you once again post away i will examine it words can be mixed up nevertheless dont be a feared . i want this scriptures /words that says if all our prayers are answered it shows were saved . we have fair size congregation praying that the insurance company ill turn lose 850 thousand dollars . due to the church from our church burning down complete lose . so far w are hitting a brick wall with them. you caN rest assured if your words or what ever you have. dont line up i will say it

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i told you once again post away i will examine it words can be mixed up nevertheless dont be a feared . i want this scriptures /words that says if all our prayers are answered it shows were saved . we have fair size congregation praying that the insurance company ill turn lose 850 thousand dollars . due to the church from our church burning down complete lose . so far w are hitting a brick wall with them. you caN rest assured if your words or what ever you have. dont line up i will say it

I already did. #201

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The liberal believe they will always be struggling with sin, but it will be covered by the blood of Jesus while they keep sinning.
maybe the liberal do. i cant say i know any libs . what i can say is the sin nature is there/the old man .maybe your 10ft tall bulletproof never have trouble with sin.. but i hate to burst your bubble you will .no it does NOT men w live in sin it means we are in need of a saviour

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:18-24
18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. ... 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.
.this is a gr8 script to show just how secure we can in christ.. but it has nothing to do with all our prayers answered . if that be the case i would ben saved sooner ..but nice try :) but no cigar but its not saying its sign were saved.there are many scriptures that we have hard time grasping
1 John 3:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.but yet we do sin sin of commision and omission . once again what e are dealing with is interpretation. which makes neither wrong just difference of opinion in scripture

Last edited: