How do you know your saved??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are mine.

What I'm curious about (because I don't know your doctrine) when you say all your sins have been forgiven:

1. Do you believe your past sins are forgiven and you don't sin any longer?
2. Do you sin, and believe your present and future sins are already forgiven as well?
all my hope is in Jesus
thank God my yesterday gone
all my sins are forgiven.
i been washed in the Blood.

that is my doctrine you have seen my post numerous times . you should have a good idea where i stand.
if not so sorry you should payed closer attention.
can you say your salvation is secure ? that you know that you know beyond a shadow of doubt .
if tomorrow never came you would still be saved !

i am like paul i know in who i have believed peter wrote he has given us all things... 2 peter :1

if you can not answer yes .. i will live it at that BTW take peak at romans 6:1-2 pretty simple dont ya think !

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all my hope is in Jesus
thank God my yesterday gone
all my sins are forgiven.
i been washed in the Blood.

that is my doctrine you have seen my post numerous times . you should have a good idea where i stand.
if not so sorry you should payed closer attention.
can you say your salvation is secure ? that you know that you know beyond a shadow of doubt .
if tomorrow never came you would still be saved !

i am like paul i know in who i have believed peter wrote he has given us all things... 2 perter 1

if you can not answer yes .. i will live it at that BTW take peak at romans 6:1-2 pretty simple dont ya think !

What? No answer? Is either question correct, or none?

BTW, unless you are addressing me personally, I don't follow you.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? No answer? Is either question correct, or none?

BTW, unless you are addressing me personally, I don't follow you.
lets see i think your 77 years old . you can figure it out especially if you follow the scriptures

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets see i think your 77 years old . you can figure it out especially if you follow the scriptures

I know what I believe and it is according to the Scripture. You could instead believe false teachers. And seeing as you can't answer, I don't know what you know.

The correct answer (I'll help you out if you don't know) is number 1.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what I believe and it is according to the Scripture. You could instead believe false teachers. And seeing as you can't answer, I don't know what you know. i just helped you out since your not sure:cool:

The correct answer (I'll help you out if you don't know) is number 1.
did you read 2nd peter chapter 1 yes or no or jude verse 24 john 1:12 good night iam crashing and i will wake up still saved:eek::mad:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did you read 2nd peter chapter 1 yes or no or jude verse 24 john 1:12 good night iam crashing and i will wake up still saved:eek::mad:

2 Peter 1 is one of my favorite chapters. I almost know it by heart. And seeing as that chapter is one that confirms #1, I don't know what you are going on about.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you say all your sins are forgiven, you are still skirting the issue of whether or not you interpret Scripture that you can still sin and believe you've been saved because past, present and future sins are forgiven?

Read 2 Peter 1 again, particularly verses 9-10 if you are not clear on the subject. But from your clues of Scripture, if you actually believe what those Scriptures state as I do, I'd say we are actually on the same page and you agree that only our past sins are forgiven, and we are given power to no longer sin and "stumble". That was number 1 of the two questions that you don't answer for some strange reason.

And that you DO NOT believe the licentious false doctrine that the blood of Jesus doesn't take away our sin, but merely covers it WHILE we keep on sinning, so that all the Father sees is the blood of Jesus. Heresy. That is not the doctrine of we must be born again with a new nature that hates sin.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say all your sins are forgiven, you are still skirting the issue of whether or not you interpret Scripture that you can still sin and believe you've been saved because past, present and future sins are forgiven?

Read 2 Peter 1 again, particularly verses 9-10 if you are not clear on the subject. But from your clues of Scripture, if you actually believe what those Scriptures state as I do, I'd say we are actually on the same page and you agree that only our past sins are forgiven, and we are given power to no longer sin and "stumble". That was number 1 of the two questions that you don't answer for some strange reason.

And that you DO NOT believe the licentious false doctrine that the blood of Jesus doesn't take away our sin, but merely covers it WHILE we keep on sinning, so that all the Father sees is the blood of Jesus. Heresy. That is not the doctrine of we must be born again with a new nature that hates sin.
you will just have to wonder

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am really shocked at some of the replies as per how to know your saved. there has been so rock solid post backed with scripture. then there has been some left field theology with twisted scripture . are we not mature enough to say we know were saved. i really like this scripture gave us the right to become a Child of God . dont get much better than this

Yes, 1 John 3:1-9 verifies who has been born of God. And our assurance in 21-24.

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is trespasses that others commit against us that we are to forgive, so that our trespasses are forgiven by God.
How does this differ from a Jew being under the Law in the OT times? I don't understand that. It seems like the same covenant, this is the law, if you keep it you live. What am I not seeing here?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
The key is here.

When we come to know that we will in fact be like Him, that this IS our future, this empowers us to live a life worthy of our calling.

Much love!

Steve Owen

Oct 13, 2019
Exmouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wondered how all of you are sure of your standing with Christ
I know I am saved because I know I am a sinner, and the Lord Jesus came into the world to save such (1 Timothy 1:15 etc.).
I have come to Christ for salvation and He promises that the one who comes to Him He will by no means cast out (John 6:37).
It is my deep desire to keep His commandments (though I often fail) and He promises to put His laws in my mind and write them on my heart (Hebrews 8:10).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key is here.

When we come to know that we will in fact be like Him, that this IS our future, this empowers us to live a life worthy of our calling.

Much love!

The power is not just from knowledge as if it is just will-power. That would be like the law and how the Jews kept it. We must be born again of the Spirit. Once that happens we are literally dead to sin. And THEN we must also reckon (head knowledge) that fact. The laws of God are written on our hearts, our nature. But, this does not make us impervious to pain and hurt feelings. Fruit of the Spirit must have time to grow through trials and suffering to maturity and perfection. The fruit has to do with our dealings with our Christian brethren and family, and even our neighbors and their trespasses against us. And ours against them. We must forgive each other when they've embarrassed us unwittingly. When we unwittingly slight someone. When they've been careless and spilled bleach on your favorite colorful outfit sitting in the laundry and ruined it or visa versa. When our car went out of control and ruined someones fence. These are trespasses, accidents that are not done on purpose. Even as Christians we need fruit of the Spirit to not hold a grudge, or let a root of bitterness take root. Perfect love forgives readily. But immature fruit needs to be perfected through repeating. This has nothing to do with being free from the law, so we are free to hurt peoples feelings. We need to be even more willing to make restitution and reconciliation out of love, not duty.

What the Old Testament does for us is give a name to what a trespass is in the Lord's Prayer. And also what kind of sins could we possibly be committing while walking in the Spirit that the blood of Jesus keeps cleansing in 1 John 1:7. It certainly isn't murder.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The power is not just from knowledge as if it is just will-power. That would be like the law and how the Jews kept it. We must be born again of the Spirit. Once that happens we are literally dead to sin. And THEN we must also reckon (head knowledge) that fact.
Complete agreement!

Perfect love forgives readily. But immature fruit needs to be perfected through repeating. This has nothing to do with being free from the law, so we are free to hurt peoples feelings. We need to be even more willing to make restitution and reconciliation out of love, not duty.
Again, agreed, our growth is a process.

But Law or no Law, I think that has nothing to do with the born again person. We simply grow in our Savior's love, and that love becomes who we are, and out of love for others, we serve them. And that service born out of love transcends the Law in every way, and the Law is completely unnecessary, even as being written on our hearts, as God said He will do with Israel when He redeems them.

God has not given us an internal law to follow. He's given us the law of Love.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Law or no Law, I think that has nothing to do with the born again person. We simply grow in our Savior's love, and that love becomes who we are, and out of love for others, we serve them. And that service born out of love transcends the Law in every way, and the Law is completely unnecessary, even as being written on our hearts, as God said He will do with Israel when He redeems them.

God has not given us an internal law to follow. He's given us the law of Love.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Do you believe the law written on our hearts is for Israel and is only future? No, that happened on the Day of Pentecost in the past. We need to discuss further.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you are saying here. Do you believe the law written on our hearts is for Israel and is only future? No, that happened on the Day of Pentecost in the past. We need to discuss further.
Start with a passage.

It's not about making the gentiles into Law-keepers. Its about making us new creations. Law is for the ungodly, the sinner, and represents a far lower "standard", if you will, then the law of love.

We are not under Law, but are under Grace.

Romans 6
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

The reason that sin shall not have dominion over us is that we are not under the law, but are instead under grace.

It's prophesied that Israel will keep all of it.

Ezekiel 36
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Though to us He says, you are not under law but under grace.

Are we to measure by whether we will submit to the task of pulling my neighbor's car out of a ditch, or is the true measure the love I have wanting my neighbor's needs be met, in all ways?

The Law commands that we love others like we love ourselves. But Jesus gave us a new commandment, love as He has loved. Not like we love, like God loves.

Anything falling short of that is not the life of the Spirit. In the Spirit we live out our faith in loving others. Or so it seems to me.

:)

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Start with a passage.

It's not about making the gentiles into Law-keepers. Its about making us new creations. Law is for the ungodly, the sinner, and represents a far lower "standard", if you will, then the law of love.

We are not under Law, but are under Grace.

Romans 6
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

The reason that sin shall not have dominion over us is that we are not under the law, but are instead under grace.

It's prophesied that Israel will keep all of it.

Ezekiel 36
24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Though to us He says, you are not under law but under grace.

Are we to measure by whether we will submit to the task of pulling my neighbor's car out of a ditch, or is the true measure the love I have wanting my neighbor's needs be met, in all ways?

The Law commands that we love others like we love ourselves. But Jesus gave us a new commandment, love as He has loved. Not like we love, like God loves.

Anything falling short of that is not the life of the Spirit. In the Spirit we live out our faith in loving others. Or so it seems to me.

:)

Much love!

What I didn't understand was this line: "as God said He will do with Israel when He redeems them." That sounded like this was only for national Israel and was only future.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved when we love perfectly
We are being saved when we are learning to love perfectly
We are in a saving relationship with Jesus when we submit to learning to love perfectly.
Faith allows us to rest in the knowledge that God always completes a good work

Daciple

Feb 20, 2020
Cincinnati
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I only got thru about 5 pages, and some of the responses just boggle my mind and at times break my heart.

In some responses it was declared because their Prayers are answered, that means they are saved. First off I truly do not believe that every Prayer is answered unless you mean in the aspect that all my Prayers are answered, either Yes, No, or not now. However from what I read of those people, they made it out to be that everything they Prayed for was answered as they Prayed for it.

So what happens if you start seeing Prayers not being answered? Does that mean you arent Saved now?

Not all of my Prayers have been answered, my mother had Cancer, I plead with God to heal her and give her more time with us, He didnt and she died quickly. Would that mean that I am not saved? She begged God to give her 15 more years as Hezekiah was given, obviously that prayer wasnt answered. Does that mean she wasnt saved and now is in Hell?

I see others say they dont know if they are Saved and wont find out until they die, wow, to me that is heartbreaking. There are people here who legitimately believe they can or might lose their Salvation one day, even read that someone thinks God could force them to reject Him and force them to lose their Salvation. Ugh that is IMO a terrible way to think of God, like why on Earth would God give people Salvation and then LET THEM give it up or Sin it away? Wouldnt a God who literally died for you while you hated Him be willing to get you to Heaven or take you in Death BEFORE you could cross whatever mystical line it is that causes people to lose Salvation?

How do I know I am Saved? Because the Bible tells me I am Saved. I know my Redeemer Lives, and I will see Him with my own eyes. I know that the Holy Spirit lives inside of me, because I can feel Him. I feel Him when He glorifies Jesus, when He moves in Services, when He guides me to profess Christ to others. I can feel Him when I grieve Him and when I quench Him. I know I am Saved because I believe Scriptures, I believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I believe that God took upon Flesh, lived on this Earth, took up my Sins on the Cross, took my Wrath on the Cross, shed His Blood for the Remission of my Sins, that He reconciled me back to the Father, and on the 3rd day He Resurrected from the Grave overcoming Sin Death and Hell, Justifying me to God.

There is zero doubt at all about my standing before God, and it is Eternal, because it is not at all based on anything whatsoever to do with me, and 100% based on the Finished Work of Jesus Christ. I am saved to the uttermost, I know that I am and I hope and pray that all of those on this Forum who dont know Christ in a fashion where they can proclaim they too are Saved to the uttermost, come to know Him in that way and dont base their Salvation on anything other than Him and the Gospel.

Some day your Prayers might not be answered, you are still saved if you believe. Some day you might walk into a valley so deep you are trapped in Sin and dont even like God, but if you have been Born Again, you will still be Saved and God will either take you out of the valley for His Glory or bring you Home. I do not believe that there ever has been someone who truly has tasted the Goodness of God and then walked away from truly believing in Christ.

Why do I know I am Saved, because the Bible declares it, so I will stand on the Word of God above my emotions, my feelings, what others say, what the World my say, why my Flesh may say. I will stand on the Word of God above my uprisings and downfalls, my Good Works or lack thereof, my ideas, thoughts and understandings. The Scriptures tell me that he who calls on the Lord SHALL BE SAVED. Not might be Saved, not could be Saved, not there is a pretty good chance, but it is a definitive, he SHALL BE SAVED.

Why do I know I am Saved, because I was there when it happened. I know the literal second that I was Born Again, I can take you to the time, I can show you the place that the Lord saved me by His wonderful Grace. I know when God moved into my heart, when He sealed me unto the day of Redemption. I personally have no doubts about what He did that day, and I know He wont abandon me no matter how I may fail Him.

I have gone far from Him, but never once has He ever left me, not for a second. My Salvation is safe and secure in the hands of my Loving Savior, and as Paul said I know in whom I have believed and I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him. I just wonder if some of you really know in whom you have believed and if you do then I hope that one day you are persuaded that He is able to keep that which you have committed unto Him.

Or maybe some of you just havent actually committed your Souls to Him, because if you have, truly, then you ought to know that He is able to keep it forever. He doesnt need your help, Hes got it, lock stock and barrel.

How do I know that I am saved?

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I dont know what kind of Spirit some of you have gotten, but the Spirit of God in me, first off NEVER ONCE has left me, not ever, if it did then I would have NEVER been able to Repent from any Sin that could cause me to wander from God. And second the Spirit I have daily bears witness to my Spirit that I am a child of God. I dont have to wait till I die to know I am Saved, Lost people DONT have the Spirit of God in them.

I am Saved and I am thankful I am Saved and I know I am Saved for Eternity no matter what it is that I come across because Scripture tells me that tribulation nor distress, persecution nor famine, nakedness nor peril nor sword, that neither life nor death, principalities nor angels nor powers, that things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth nor any creature can separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. I pray that everyone who comes across this Post is persuaded in that same manner, just as Paul was and am I am. God is Good, and Jesus will hold us secure safe and sound until the time He Returns or calls us Home!!! What a Savior we have!!!