How do you know your saved??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know...what a way for a new member to introduce himself here.....RIGHT:p
I belong to several other Christian forums and this is always a good topic to discuss because Christianity has become such a "FruitbowL" of different doctrines, that I wondered how all of you are sure of your standing with Christ in your choices to be the Christian you are called to be?

You could ask me this too, but I've been a believer in Christ over 40 years, and asked myself that question from the very beginning of my faith, and for many of those years have searched to find the answer for myself. DID I MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE (No I'm not SCREAMING at you-LOL).

Actually, in my own faith and walk, I have had to change some things over time, as I heard things said, and saw things done and read things in the bible I hadn't seen before, or maybe hadn't understood until then. Not just changes in what I believed, but even how I should live out my faith actively in what I do.

Be nice to hear from you.

My name is OLIGOS.

That was fast! :) Well no one is finally saved before the end. Until then we are in play...in training...in a race. And being saved to what? Many will be saved and cast away into darkness there to roam in the wilderness forever.

So salvation is not an issue...but being a light in the world IS.

I find that modern church people have opted for being the "saved" of the world rather than being the "light" of the world.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I belong to several other Christian forums and this is always a good topic to discuss because Christianity has become such a "FruitbowL" of different doctrines, that I wondered how all of you are sure of your standing with Christ in your choices to be the Christian you are called to be?

You could ask me this too, but I've been a believer in Christ over 40 years, and asked myself that question from the very beginning of my faith, and for many of those years have searched to find the answer for myself. DID I MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE (No I'm not SCREAMING at you-LOL).

Actually, in my own faith and walk, I have had to change some things over time, as I heard things said, and saw things done and read things in the bible I hadn't seen before, or maybe hadn't understood until then. Not just changes in what I believed, but even how I should live out my faith actively in what I do.

My name is OLIGOS.

John shows us a test, but it is fluid. In other words, we must keep on keeping on to the end. Otherwise, as in Romans 11 we can be cut off.

So for your assurance, ask yourself if all your prayers are answered according to 1 John 3:18-24. If we keep the commandments of Jesus, love our neighbor as ourselves and abide in Him, all our prayers are answered. So that is a tangible measuring tape that today you are in a saved state and on the narrow path. Do the same tomorrow and for the rest of your life.

18 My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. ... 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My name is OLIGOS.

Welcome here OLIGOS!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CharismaticLady:).
As a new member myself, it's so good to hear from you.
I'll give you my take on answered prayers "gingerly", as I'm new here and don't want to get into any "scuffles" over opinions.
I have many unanswered prayers as I am late into my years, but what I have learned from reading how Jesus prayed I have adopted for myself.
Jesus always prayed, "Not my will but Thine be done".
In Jer. 29: 11-14, God said, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil, for a future and a hope."

God not only has plans for my life, but plans for others lives to, even for those I pray for, so when I "TALK" to God, and pray for others or myself, I always recognize that "God is soverign", everything is His choice about what I pray for and my prayers may be in conflict with His plans, so when I pray, I always end my prayers with "If it's your will."
Many prayers HAVE NOT been answered over the years, but I am still content in Gods love.

I hope that works for you and your thinking. God bless you and all reading this.
My name is OLIGOS

Good word Oligos,
There are some things that we KNOW for sure are Gods will, through His word. Then, there are some that fall into the grey area and, as long as we do not pray "amiss", I do believe He will answer. He in effect does answer every prayer...yes, no, wait. So, we continue to pray His will always be done, just as Jesus did in the garden asking for the cup to be taken away...Your Will Father, not mine.
BTW- is Oligos your given name? And, what does it mean? :)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll give you my take on answered prayers "gingerly", as I'm new here and don't want to get into any "scuffles" over opinions.
I have many unanswered prayers as I am late into my years, but what I have learned from reading how Jesus prayed I have adopted for myself.
In Jer. 29: 11-14, God said, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for good and not evil, for a future and a hope."

God not only has plans for my life, but plans for others lives to, even for those I pray for, so when I "TALK" to God, and pray for others or myself, I always recognize that "God is soverign", everything is His choice about what I pray for and my prayers may be in conflict with His plans, so when I pray, I always end my prayers with "If it's your will."
Many prayers HAVE NOT been answered over the years, but I am still content in Gods love.

I hope that works for you and your thinking. God bless you and all reading this.
My name is OLIGOS

Hi and welcome. When addressing someone you can either hit the Reply button at the bottom of their post, or like you did write the person's name but always put an @ connected to the front of their name like this @Seasoned by Grace. That way they will get an "alert"

Also if you want to comment on just part of a post you can highlight that section and a quote box will come up. Select quote, then scroll to the bottom of the page to a new post and hit the insert button. You can also do that with multiple sections of a post or other posts and they will all be stored as quotes until you hit the insert button. Then you can type your responses to each section in between.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My name is OLIGOS

"If it's your will" is not an assurance that you will receive what you've asked for in prayer. The key is knowing His will before you pray. That takes listening. John 15:7; 1 John 5:14-15

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:6
1 John 3:9

That's just two quick Scripture references. Compare yourself to Scripture, examine your fruit and desires. Do you enjoy sin? Are you growing in sanctification and holiness? We all must examine ourselves, myself included. Be vulnerable and open with God with any doubts, eternity is too long for us not to be honest.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If it's your will" is not an assurance that you will receive what you've asked for in prayer. The key is knowing His will before you pray. That takes listening. John 15:7; 1 John 5:14-15
answered/ unanswered prayer are a mystery to us. we simply can not explain i know a pastor who has a son that keeps getting into legal trouble. he has been in and out of Church gpa is old time preacher/uncle that is preacher/ his dad a preacher. he knows the basics of the word but yet every time he get involved doing drugs trouble again. at this moment facing time AGAIN .yes many are and have prayed for him. i have things i prayed about. he made a way in his own time. somethings i still pray about and still waiting . i have heard others say everything i prayed for i got... i would question that

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you CharismaticLady for the instruction on posting - Much appreciated :)

I don't need any assurance that God will answer my prayers. I am at peace with Him loving me and choosing what's best, and Him already having my very best, and He loves everyone I pray for to, and because of His omniscience, knows my prayers before ever prayed and He has everything already figured out. Nothing surprises God. I rest my prayers in His hands, His heart and His love. His will and answers are my desire.
He has proven Himself to be faithful more times than I can count.

God bless you my sister.
My nameis OLIGOS
Just a bit more here! If we were always completely like Him we would never ask amiss. James warns us about asking amiss because many or most believers are not always and completely like Him. But, we should ever be working and allowing the Holy Spirit in us work to becoming more like Him.To stand still is to stagnate and die!

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ME TOO!!!!!
People have to be careful. Bible says,"satan" comes as an angel of light, so all of us have to be careful of the answers we get, and their results.
I've had to learn the sound of Gods voice and read and learn the person speaking intentions. It's not always God. Satan is so devisive.

My name is OLIGOS

and @Ezra

I am probably one you've heard say that. For the first 30 years of going to church not one prayer was answered. Then I truly repented and was filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit and from then on I could hear His voice often enough that He would tell me what to pray and I would and it would be answered. So for the last 43 years all my prayers are answered. I also make sure I go to bed with a clear conscience, and am either in the Word or teaching the Word daily. So, no, it is not an angel of light that is answering my prayers. What an accusation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

My life confirms that the Scriptures are true. He assures me I am saved by answering my prayers. How do you know you are saved if your life doesn't confirm the Scriptures are true?

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you CharismaticLady for the instruction on posting - Much appreciated :)

I don't need any assurance that God will answer my prayers. I am at peace with Him loving me and choosing what's best, and Him already having my very best, and He loves everyone I pray for to, and because of His omniscience, knows my prayers before ever prayed and He has everything already figured out. Nothing surprises God. I rest my prayers in His hands, His heart and His love. His will and answers are my desire.
He has proven Himself to be faithful more times than I can count.

God bless you my sister.
My nameis OLIGOS

Well, wow - You have that "Peace that surpasses all understanding"! :) Isn't it like, the best thing to leave all worry behind us? He took my fear, for real and when it dawned on me that ... 'you have no control over these things, why fret?' it just kind of clicked. Always fearing what the next day, month, week, year will bring... that's not faith, that's not trust, actually the opposite of! I could have written your post as I can relate to this...and YES, "He has proven Himself to be faithful more times than I can count." <---- For sure! It's too bad we can tend to forget these things. We should be praying that all of the provisions and promises, blessings He has given us will be always in the forefront of our minds, with eternal gratitude!
Great post.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My lady friend in Christ.
For me the scriptures are true because Christ died for me, My life confirms nothing but that I'm a sinner. I need no assurance when God has proven to me over and over of His reality confirmed by the death of Christ on the Christ. Also my conversion , believing in Christ as my savior, and repenting from my sins that lead me to baptism, and the receiving of the Holy Spirit that assures me of my standing with Christ.
My assurance in Christ because I honor scripture.
Bless you CharismaticLady in your growth and maturity as He has us all.

My name is OLIGOS

You say you are still a sinner? Jesus has not taken away all your past sin as He promised and made you now, no longer a sinner, but a child of God?

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

My name is OLIGOS.

Hello again.

Unlike my good friend @Episkopos here...
I believe I am saved ( and I am dogmatic about it ;) :D sorry, inside joke )

Saved back in 1964 ..
About five days after I came to faith I did question, and told the Lord .." There is no way I can go through my life not being sure." ( I was 22 ) God heard my childish cry and showed me that I could trust Him . I never once questioned Him ( on that) from there. Or ever doubted. I'll leave that for others...there are many. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

AMEN! We agree. ( it's been a while...)

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and @Ezra

I am probably one you've heard say that. For the first 30 years of going to church not one prayer was answered. Then I truly repented and was filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit and from then on I could hear His voice often enough that He would tell me what to pray and I would and it would be answered. So for the last 43 years all my prayers are answered. I also make sure I go to bed with a clear conscience, and am either in the Word or teaching the Word daily. So, no, it is not an angel of light that is answering my prayers. What an accusation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

My life confirms that the Scriptures are true. He assures me I am saved by answering my prayers. How do you know you are saved if your life doesn't confirm the Scriptures are true?
has everyone you prayed for that was stricken with cancer been healed ? i mean some times God decides to take them out. i also make sure I go to bed with a clear conscience, and am either in the Word or teaching the Word daily. hil i dont teach daily i am in the word searching something almost everyday ...BTW let m know when you can go to the funeral home and raise the dead after being embalmed. sometimes he answers in a different way.. remember the apostle paul the thorn in the flesh .the messenger of satan sent to buffet him.. God said NO my grace is sufficient :eek:

Reactions: DNB

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad God doesn't answer all my prayers, especially my early ones when I was much more self-centered and selfish, and treated God more like a personal "Genie" to be at my beckon call.
Even today after over 40+ years of following Christ, I am thankful that His plans are so much greater than mine, and that now I am at peace that His "Selection process" about my prayers' and requests are still processed through His plans for me and not my plans,
I love His plans and I am entering a "NEW SEASON" of my life and can't wait to see what God has in mind for me and all those who come into my life for their sake and His.

May God bless you all richly.

My name is Oligos.

"I don't know about everyone else, but I'm glad God doesn't answer all my prayers..."

Oh yes indeed. There are things I had prayed for back in my B.C. days that have, all these years later, to a tee! And, things I only thought I wanted...nah. I guess I must have forgotten to put, "your will be done...at the end of those prayers. Yet, He has even brought me through these things and lifts me out the holes I dug for myself...talk about grace and mercy!

"I am at peace that His "Selection process" about my prayers' and requests are still processed through His plans for me and not my plans,"

Praise Him for this! And, why would ANYBODY rather their own plans over our "Perfect in all His ways" God?? Who, happens to have OUR best interests at heart? I don't LIKE my decisions any longer, pretty much always going to be disappointment going that route...

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace