How do you let people know you’re a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you let people know you’re a Christian?

• 1. Hopefully by my actions

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 2. Taxation is theft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Tell them you eat Chick-fil-A at least once a week

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 4. I tell them I'm a Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Talk? To people?

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible makes it clear one cannot have another God and be safe.

There's no way to make the God of the Bible acceptable to a but a Trinitarian.

Even in the Old Testament it was Trinity.
:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts" Prov 21:2

Reactions: Hisman

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible makes it clear one cannot have another God and be safe.

There's no way to make the God of the Bible acceptable to a but a Trinitarian.

Even in the Old Testament it was Trinity.

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1977 Edition, Vol. 13, p. 1021 -- The first use of the Latin word "trinitas" (trinity) with reference to God, is found in Tertulian's writings (about 213 A.D.) He was the first to use the term "persons" (plural) in a Trinitarian context.

Encyclopedia Americana, 1957 Edition, Vol. 27, p. 69 -- The word "Trinity" is not in Scripture. The term "persons" (plural) is not applied in Scripture to the Trinity.

World Book Encyclopedia, 1984 Edition, Vol. T, p. 363 -- Belief in Father, Son and Holy Ghost was first defined by the earliest general council of churches. This was the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D.

New International Encyclopedia, Vol. 22 p. 476 -- The Catholic faith is this; We worship one God in Trinity, but there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son and another of the Holy Ghost. The Glory equal -- the Majesty co-eternal. The doctrine is not found in its fully developed form in the Scriptures. Modern theology does not seek to find it in the Old Testament. At the time of the Reformation the Protestant Church took over the doctrine of the Trinity without serious examination.

Life Magazine, October 30, 1950, Vol. 29, No. 18, p. 51 -- The Catholics made this statement concerning their doctrine of the Trinity, to defend the dogma of the assumption of Mary, in an article written by Graham Greene: "Our opponents sometimes claim that no belief should be held dogmatically which is not explicitly stated in Scripture ... But the PROTESTANT CHURCHES have themselves accepted such dogmas as THE TRINITY, for which there is NO SUCH PRECISE AUTHORITY In the Gospels."

Reactions: Hisman

Hisman

Mar 31, 2019
westen
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I went through a number of phases....street preaching...among them. But I found that it was just me trying too hard to be a light in the world.

It is better to seek the Lord and wait on Him...in order to be sent out by the Spirit. Even though I also did that...in my mind I thought God needed more help

Agree , been there, done that too. By your post I think we were twins st birth ....

We always had a 3’x4’ poster in our front window. T’shirts, car stickers , street preaching , the whole nine yards.
Looking back , it was to help ourselves feel better “doing our bit for Jesus”...
It was probably very off putting. But, who cares, at least WE felt like REAL Christians. :oops:

Now I effortlessly just start conversations with anyone about anything , and allow the Holy Spirit to do HIS thing, He does it better than I did.

Hisman

Mar 31, 2019
westen
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A follower of Christ is one who follows his teaching relies on him for salvation.

As a oneness Pentecostal, you do not.

Hahahaha!!!

You are kidding right ??
In the short time that I have been on this Site it is easy , even for me , to read this mans posts and see that he has a deep meaningful relationship with Father God.
Which is not quite the same message I get from your posts!

@amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, Christians in general are so badly behaved that I am not eager to be identified as one of them.
Indeed, the very word, Christian, does not mean to many people today a follower or disciple of Jesus... or if it does, they really do not understand who or what Jesus was or is according to the scriptures in any case.

Reactions: Nancy and Hisman

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, the very word, Christian, does not mean to many people today a follower or disciple of Jesus... or if it does, they really do not understand who or what Jesus was or is according to the scriptures in any case.
There are many in Cults and false doctrines claiming to be Christian when they are not.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many in Cults and false doctrines claiming to be Christian when they are not.
Even if this were so, whose job would it be to weed them out and burn them up now?

"He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." Matt 13:28-30

So then leave the gathering and separation to the reapers at harvest time. Are you a reaper for God? Is this harvest time for men still walking their course who still have hope that they may take hold of before they run out of time?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if this were so, whose job would it be to weed them out and burn them up now?

"He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn." Matt 13:28-30

So then leave the gathering and separation to the reapers at harvest time. Are you a reaper for God? Is this harvest time for men still walking their course who still have hope that they may take hold of before they run out of time?

Def not OUR job to sort them out or burn them...

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That job has been the job of Christians since the resurrection.

The biblical harvest you are referring to is in the tribulation Where there is no church.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That job has been the job of Christians since the resurrection.

The biblical harvest you are referring to is in the tribulation Where there is no church.
One day soon, we may hope you will try using scriptures as interpreted by and through the Holy Spirit instead of filling the gaps yourself from man's written extrabiblical histories and/or evidences.

Is it really our job to burn the witches and the erroneously translated Bibles? People are called by God, but we should not presume and generalize with regard to the Body of Christ which consists of many members with very different functions as they listen to and obey what the Head [Jesus] speaks to them.

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:3-4

Reactions: Nancy and Episkopos

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lately, I have been referring to myself, for lack of nothing, a "follower of Christ". The word Christian is almost like a "buzz word" anymore. Means nothing to me when one "claims" the name of Christian.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lately, I have been referring to myself, for lack of nothing, a "follower of Christ". The word Christian is almost like a "buzz word" anymore. Means nothing to me when one "claims" the name of Christian.
Just so! The bad thing is that it gives too many people the false impression that this and other western nations are really "Christian" in nature when by just looking around, anyone who really knows Jesus, will see a problem with that.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not wear trinkets or tell anyone or talk about Christianity but I do get people I meat for the first time that know that I am, some how they just know, because they point it out to me, I have even had some say are you a priest.

If one is interested in talking about Christianity I will talk with them about such till the cows com home but I never go out to try bring such up, as then you will face only trouble, like on the job site never ! or you will be hounded no end 24/7 by morons who will only try to do wrong by you and such people are not worth it and I don't have time for that rubbish, but there are some at times that are radical Christians and they say why don't you this and that, but I am not a radical and if they want to talk about Christianity, I am all for it, but I follow no religious denomination as I look only to Jesus Christ.
Religions don't cut it with me as they are always a disappointment to me, but the Lord Jesus never disappoints.

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But by what you said why are you on any forum?

That's like asking why I go on breathing.

Hebrews 10:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's like asking why I go on breathing.

Hebrews 10:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
After what you had said before I was just asking a question.