How Do You Make Friends At A Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am growing better slowly, and have reached out to a small church nearby, but find myself confused as to what to do to make friends. I am not socially inept nor am I shy in the slightest, but I am damaged, and I have no minder to tell me what is correct and not correct for a church.
I'm sorry to hear about your condition and your dilemma. Since you have expressed yourself quite well, it would seem that you believe you are more disabled than you actually are. You may be short-changing yourself.

In any event, since you wish to make more friends within this group of believers, perhaps you can approach the pastor after one of the meetings and ask for a private meeting with him. Share with him what you have shared here, and request that after the next Wednesday evening meeting you would like to speak to the gathering for five minutes.

Then tell the Christians there exactly what you have said here (indeed print it off and read it if you have to) and let it rest. Then the onus will be on those Christians to bear one another's burdens and thus fulfil the Law of Christ (as Scripture states).

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear about your condition and your dilemma. Since you have expressed yourself quite well, it would seem that you believe you are more disabled than you actually are. You may be short-changing yourself.

In any event, since you wish to make more friends within this group of believers, perhaps you can approach the pastor after one of the meetings and ask for a private meeting with him. Share with him what you have shared here, and request that after the next Wednesday evening meeting you would like to speak to the gathering for five minutes.

Then tell the Christians there exactly what you have said here (indeed print it off and read it if you have to) and let it rest. Then the onus will be on those Christians to bear one another's burdens and thus fulfil the Law of Christ (as Scripture states).

Great advice Enoch111

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello dear Sister Kira, and welcome to these forums of Christian fellowship.
I read your post with utmost interest, and find no reason you would not be met with Christian love you seem to desire. I personally am not able to attend church services regularly, and when I do I am just myself; jeans, a t-shirt, and a smile for any who I meet. Families are usually adsorbed in their own prearranged get-togethers, and then many of the singles are just keeping their heads above water so to speak.

Friendships are built most time with effort; pain, sufferings, and love. One manner of becoming one with others is to become involved in Church organized dinners, such as cooking, serving, or even cleaning up afterwards.

Most churches have people that visit the sick that you may want to seek out through your pastor. Your present thorn in the flesh and ability to go forward is certainly fodder to some that may be struggling with their own lives. Such love shown most times produces the very comradeship among brethren you want.

I see the need to pray for your deliverance, and to find the very real mission our Father is preparing you for exclusively. Don’t despise the day of small things, for God can make them days of rejoicing. King David with all he had once said: Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and that’s what we should want.

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

As ByGrace would say "good word!"

Reactions: Helen