How Do You Show Love To Believers of Other Denominations?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. This is a bit of a rant. I'm about sick of all these threads that bash on denominations whose doctrines aren't widely shared. At least 3 denominations are routinely targeted here: JW, LDS & SDA. I pray this thread may transform this community from theoreticians to putting into practice the command to love others as Christ loved us.

This post by @MatthewG is outstanding on point.

I think it’s ridiculous to judge people in disposition…

And out of respect while people are able to speak and have time with people they can always pull a Bible out and read and share with each other.

Some may see things differently but if we hate them that is a problem, if we believe God hates them do to their “dispositional” beliefs… I believe that is a very wrong way to do about handling helping hear things of in the Bible and let them choose for themselves…

Organizations don’t save people. Organizations don’t change a heart. It’s the Gospel of Christ, the death, burial, and resurrection that does change a life and heart by the spirit God gives them.., even if they are in Jehovah witness or Mormonism organization….

God knows who are his… he knows because they are his and they love… like they are suppose to any don’t condemn other people just cause you don’t like them or agree with them… no one said you had to agree with the organization… it’s a persons individual expressed faith, and the fruits of it which shows love which comes from Yahweh.

Please let us know how we can show more love to such folks.
@Aunty Jane
@Keiw
@Jane_Doe22
@BARNEY BRIGHT
@BarneyFife

A couple of pertinent Bible verses to guide the conversation
Roman 14:1 It’s high time that you welcome all people weak in the faith without debating and disputing their opinions.

Romans 14:13 In light of this, we must resolve never to judge others and never to place an obstacle or impediment in their paths that could cause them to trip and fall.

James 4:11-12
My brothers and sisters, do not assault each other with criticism. If you decide your job is to accuse and judge another believer, then you are a self-appointed critic and judge of the law; if so, then you are no longer a doer of the law and subject to its rule; you stand over it as a judge. Know this—there is One who stands supreme as Judge and Lawgiver. He alone is able to save and to destroy, so who are you to step in and try to judge another?

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agreed there is no benefit in thrashing other peoples belief in religion

However, if somebody’s religion includes cannibalism
Including Satanism

Are we just supposed to be quiet and look the other way?
Are we supposed to love people that are killing children and drinking their blood?

If you think the things I am saying is not going on right now then you got your head in a hole
Just look at our movie stars

In the next month, I believe all the truth is going to come out and shock the world

I hate God enemies
There I said it

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agreed there is no benefit in thrashing other peoples belief in religion

However, if somebody’s religion includes cannibalism
Including Satanism

Are we just supposed to be quiet and look the other way?
Are we supposed to love people that are killing children and drinking their blood?

If you think the things I am saying is not going on right now then you got your head in a hole
Just look at our movie stars

In the next month, I believe all the truth is going to come out and shock the world

I hate God enemies
There I said it

Murdering people is a crime. Aren’t we suppose to report that? You went in a total different direction.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Murdering people is a crime. Aren’t we suppose to report that? You went in a total different direction.
My thoughts exactly. I think what we are seeing is the proverbial take the log out of your own eye to see clearly in taking the spec out of your neighbors eye.

The post was a case study in cognotive dissonance.
OP: Love those in other denominations.​

WTH people!

@Stash, this thread is not theoretical. It is not about the merits of looking the other way in violent crimes. It's about How Do You Show Love To Believers of Other Denominations? I look forward to examples you provide about what you do to love other denominations as Christ has loved you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. This is a bit of a rant. I'm about sick of all these threads that bash on denominations whose doctrines aren't widely shared. At least 3 denominations are routinely targeted here: JW, LDS & SDA. I pray this thread may transform this community from theoreticians to putting into practice the command to love others as Christ loved us.

This post by @MatthewG is outstanding on point.

Please let us know how we can show more love to such folks.
@Aunty Jane
@Keiw
@Jane_Doe22
@BARNEY BRIGHT
@BarneyFife

A couple of pertinent Bible verses to guide the conversation
Roman 14:1 It’s high time that you welcome all people weak in the faith without debating and disputing their opinions.

Romans 14:13 In light of this, we must resolve never to judge others and never to place an obstacle or impediment in their paths that could cause them to trip and fall.

James 4:11-12
My brothers and sisters, do not assault each other with criticism. If you decide your job is to accuse and judge another believer, then you are a self-appointed critic and judge of the law; if so, then you are no longer a doer of the law and subject to its rule; you stand over it as a judge. Know this—there is One who stands supreme as Judge and Lawgiver. He alone is able to save and to destroy, so who are you to step in and try to judge another?

People are just bored I guess. And the only way reason they call out people of denominations is no different than calling out presidents as though they are just detrimental to the cause…

That was what ol Shawn McCrannet had done, when on tv along time ago. He was compare Mormonism with Christianity (of course he expressed a lot of religious traditions in his first phase of transition to being a Christian) on a show called Heart of the Matter.

After tiring with Mormons, he decided to go the top 10 churches in his area and start going after the falsified religious Christian teachings… in which that cost him the tv line up show, due to …

“You cant speak on Christian’s like such.”

Same thing as the Pharisees and their manipulation of the masses to buy animals to make their sins be atoned for after sacrifice…

It’s really sad… that a person of a different background, is gonna be deemed a false believer when they proclaim the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Yeshua…

Look, there is coworker I don’t like, because of his actions. I don’t hate him because of being a human beings however it’s normally the actions performed by indicates the decision in my mind, of how far can this relationship go with a strain like this with him also not liking me, also…

I can only continue to express respect enough to not wanna desire to cause a fight or disturb what is already known… cause sometimes at work you can report things but they never do get addressed sometimes…

It’s the Holy Spirit of God, people who say they follow after Yeshua that we live by…. In order to hold our flesh back from making harmful decisions to others and ourselves…

“Claiming someone is not a Christian cause of a religious sect they are from - is illogical.”

Who has give Christian’s the authority to condemn? You can teach the Bible show and teach what you learn from it; and over all if you melt that thing down in a pot, what remains is…

Faith and love.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should always treat one another with dignity, because each one of us is made in the image and likeness of God.

Love is not an emotion, stomach butterflies, or a privately held conviction. Love is willing the good of the other, as other. Period. No strings attached. If we love someone, we want their good for them. That's all.

We are our brothers keeper. If we see a brother in error, then we have a moral obligation to offer him the truth, albeit in the most effective way for that person. For most people, this will be kindly.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bashing a denomination or belief system is wrong. no matter what it is.

In the same token. People think if you say anything that does not agree with them, you are bashing them.

so it goes both ways.

If you can not take a disagreement without feeling attacked, your just as guilty in my view as those who are actually attacking you..

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A "denomination" is one thing and false Christianity is something else entirely. Honestly, I'm not that crazy about denominations in general. We should always treat others with love and respect though, even our enemies; however, loving someone doesn't mean compromising the truth. Calling someone a hater just because they won't compromise is a common tactic of the enemy; I guess because it's so effective on a lot of people.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This morning while skimming through my recent unread posts, I saw a picture that spoke volumes to me about one member. It helped me to understand that member more.

Sadly, there are a lot more members on this forum who tick the "I am a Christian Box," that unwittingly do not meet the standards that that ticked box demands of us.

The question that needs to be answered for myself, is, does my online persona actually stack up to the claim that I ticked that said, "I am a Christian."

We all have things that we should be ashamed of. We all hold to beliefs that are not scriptural. We all know how to express ourselves such that we are more acceptable than what our persona can actually demand.

Persona: - A persona is a strategic mask of identity in public, the public image of one's personality, the social role that one adopts, or simply a fictional character. It is also considered "an intermediary between the individual and the institution." (Source: - Wikipedia)

How often are we posting just to defend our personal persona?

Shalom

Reactions: Rita and APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read the last number of posts. I see the preference is to remain philosophical. This thread is about the practical. No one has answered how they show live to other denominations whose doctrines they don’t share.

A lot of Sunday morning Christians here. Not too many Winter Soldiers stepping forward. I recall the Pope washing the feet of a Muslim Cleric.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Wrangler I just wanted to thank you for the intent of this thread and hope that civil dialogue can be maintained when discussing touchy subjects….we are not to judge our fellow man in their choices but to facilitate their decisions by offering food for thought, especially from the Scriptures which have the power of their author behind them….but at the end of the day, John 6:65 is firm. No one can come to the son without an invitation from his Father.

But concerning the post in question, @MatthewG and @Wrangler ….I believe you have misunderstood @Stash ’s post and his motive in stating what he did. I understand what he is talking about, but exposing those things here is not appropriate. God himself will reveal the subject matter of Stash’s post in his due time, but let’s just say that we have no idea how evil the works of the devil can be in the counterfeit religious systems that claim to be “Christian”, but are corrupt beyond our comprehension.
The post was a case study in cognotive dissonance.
OP: Love those in other denominations.Post: Should we look the other way on violent crimes?
When you know the truth that is at present being exposed by those who are courageous enough to speak about the unspeakable, it’s not cognitive dissonance, but a warning.

Power, wealth and fame are the prime corrupters of humanity…..and believe me satan knows how to use them to his advantage. The people in high places who think that they can do whatever they like and not be held accountable, are in for a shock…..have we not seen examples of this in the news? It goes way deeper than we can imagine.
@Stash, this thread is not theoretical. It is not about the merits of looking the other way in violent crimes.
The “violent crimes” are not those being committed by the general public who might be one denomination or another, but the inner workings done in secret by the religious bodies who wear a veil of secrecy and appear to be pious.
Jesus said that the Pharisees were like “whitewashed graves”…’appearing to be clean on the outside but were full of rotten practices’. In ancient Israel when they fell away to false worship, the things they were doing in secret so offended their God to the degree that he had to step in and put a stop to it…..and in reading Ezekiel ch 9 we can understand that there is a correlation between what God saw back then, and what he is seeing again now.
When God had foretold the just punishment for apostate Israel, he said to Ezekiel…..

Ezek 9:9-10…
”…The error of the house of Israel and Judah is very, very great. The land is filled with bloodshed, and the city is full of corruption. For they say, ‘Jehovah has left the land, and Jehovah is not seeing.’ 10 But as for me, my eye will not feel sorry; nor will I show compassion. The consequences of their way I will bring down on their own head.”

We are about to see the same scenario played out, and what God has been seeing for a very long time will be exposed to the absolute horror of those taken in by the error of their church leaders and all who are complicit.

2 Peter 3:9-10…
”The Lord does not delay his promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief; on that day the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, the elements will burn and be dissolved, and the earth and the works on it will be disclosed.“

Soon now, we will see God’s justice meted out to those who think he is not seeing what they are doing….
Their appalling works, under the guise of “Christianity”, will be “disclosed”.

We are not to judge our fellow man in his choices, but to judge what is truth from God’s word. Stating our beliefs here even if they are not accepted by many, it is still giving people a wider view that they may have ever entertained. Our choices determine our eternal future.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think discernment is key.

So too is research.

JW is a cult.Period.
LDS is too. We are to have no other gods before God. The Book of Joseph Smith (Mormon) is a book that presumes to add to the Bible. It is a lie.
Smith was a liar, with regard to his claim of an encounter with an angel and golden tablets, a pervert and a pedophile.

Therefore,there is no credible claim that Christians are bashing other Christians if those claiming to be bashed are cult members.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wrangler

Do people need to also understand what love consists of? Those who do not know will never be able to understand if they do not have it defined for them? Especially the biblical definition.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
JW is a cult.Period.

Therefore,there is no credible claim that Christians are bashing other Christians if those claiming to be bashed are cult members.
Wasn’t “Christianity“ seen as a “cult” in Jesus’ day? Was Jesus ‘the leader of a cult‘ because he criticized the leadership of the religion of God’s people back then?

Those who stuck with the status quo, based on the things said about Jesus and his disciples, missed out on a place in God’s kingdom and Jesus condemned their leaders to “Gehenna”…..

Nothing in a world ruled by the master of deception is as it appears……only those who have their eyes opened by God will recover from the blindness that afflicts the majority. (2 Cor 4:3-4; Matt 7: 13-14; 21-23)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth hurts.

Do the research rather than sigh in ignorance.

JW nor LDS are Christian denominations.
Hello friend,

While you subjectively suggest that there are no people whom are Christian within those denominations you would be wrong. They both teach, the death, burial and resurrection. Are you suggesting that because they may have some differences between them and Christianity, does having faith in the gospel of Yeshua, keep them away from having a relationship with Yahweh?

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think JWs take the most heat here, followed by Catholics -- and sometimes they go after each other! Catholics don't seem to be able to see any value in JW doctrine, and vice versa, which is a shame because both sects have some good theological points. One way to show love is to acknowledge those points where they exist, if only confirmation bias can be recognized and set aside.

Other than that, easing up on the stridency with which positions are expressed would help.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that judgement apply to so called Calvinists here?
Hello again friend,

I’m just asking if it would not be a good thing to define how love is revealed to be expressed, if a person doesn’t know them. They do not know them. If they matter or not to them, is also determining on what they suggest is reality or what is not reality.