How do you view God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Lifelong_sinner

Having come to accept the notion that one day passing away from this life, to stand before the creator, is why I fear God. If we seen God today as Moses did on the mountain, I’m sure we would all tremble in fear. The fear for me isn’t so much of being scared or afraid, it’s more of a respect and Awe at whom He is being God who spoke everything into existence by his Word.

Do you have the same thoughts on this matter? (Having come closer to God (draw near to God and he will draw near to you) I accept my faults, and sometimes I can be impatient with others, and I have judged people in my mind and down play them — in these dark thoughts of my heart the only source I run to is Jesus, who has done everything we could not do, and it brings me to being thankful (for what he has done for all people) and I ask him to help me get rid of those dark thoughts when they arise and plague me).

Love you brother.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do I view God? Before I knew better I viewed him as judgmental and stern; a god who would punish people for their sins. But after becoming a Christian I began to see him in a new light as kind and loving and as a protector and provider. I see him now as awesome and mighty and humbled by the fact he love me and cares for me

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Lifelong_sinner

Having come to accept the notion that one day passing away from this life, to stand before the creator, is why I fear God. If we seen God today as Moses did on the mountain, I’m sure we would all tremble in fear. The fear for me isn’t so much of being scared or afraid, it’s more of a respect and Awe at whom He is being God who spoke everything into existence by his Word.

Do you have the same thoughts on this matter? (Having come closer to God (draw near to God and he will draw near to you) I accept my faults, and sometimes I can be impatient with others, and I have judged people in my mind and down play them — in these dark thoughts of my heart the only source I run to is Jesus, who has done everything we could not do, and it brings me to being thankful (for what he has done for all people) and I ask him to help me get rid of those dark thoughts when they arise and plague me).

Love you brother.
What do you think of these passages ?

Who did Moses see ?

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

John 6:46
No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

1 Tim 6:13-16
I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time — God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

1 John 4:12
12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do I view God? Before I knew better I viewed him as judgmental and stern; a god who would punish people for their sins. But after becoming a Christian I began to see him in a new light as kind and loving and as a protector and provider. I see him now as awesome and mighty and humbled by the fact he love me and cares for me

Pearl,

Thank you for sharing this, because that is how it was for me when I first became a Christian, I looked at God as judgmental and stern and it meant I needed to be judgmental and stern and judge everyone around me. Even as a Christian there was still hate in my heart, it was until coming to realize all that God had done for the world, in and through Jesus, and came to an understanding of historical context as well, my heart and mind was changed, by the Father working in and through by the Holy Spirit with faith in Christ! So amazing how much he does truly and care about all people and desires for all to come to a relationship with Him, by growing in the knowledge of the Bible hopefully lead by the spirit.

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think of these passages ?

Who did Moses see ?

John 1:18
No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

John 6:46
No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

1 Tim 6:13-16
I charge you 14 to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 which God will bring about in his own time — God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

1 John 4:12
12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

I agree with them. This the scripture I was referring to :

Moses Comforts the People
(Deuteronomy 5:22–33; Hebrews 12:18–29)

18When all the people witnessed the thunder and lightning, the sounding of the ram’s horn, and the mountain enveloped in smoke, they trembled and stood at a distance. 19“Speak to us yourself and we will listen,” they said to Moses. “But do not let God speak to us, or we will die.”20“Do not be afraid,” Moses replied. “For God has come to test you, so that the fear of Him may be before you, to keep you from sinning.” 21And the people stood at a distance as Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

If you ever see me say something; Just ask me where do you get that from? @Christophany.

Love you!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with them. This the scripture I was referring to :

Moses Comforts the People
(Deuteronomy 5:22–33; Hebrews 12:18–29)

18When all the people witnessed the thunder and lightning, the sounding of the ram’s horn, and the mountain enveloped in smoke, they trembled and stood at a distance. 19“Speak to us yourself and we will listen,” they said to Moses. “But do not let God speak to us, or we will die.”20“Do not be afraid,” Moses replied. “For God has come to test you, so that the fear of Him may be before you, to keep you from sinning.” 21And the people stood at a distance as Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

If you ever see me say something; Just ask me where do you get that from? @Christophany.

Love you!
So who did Moses see ?

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting take on this. But a question i often have and which noone has been able to explain to me is, why arent you scared of God? You do realize He will judge you right? And that He is perfect and we arent? How do you not think about the judgement??
Because there is no fear in love we are not to be judged the same as those who are not in Christ are to be judged. My building may be judged according to what i have built but my foundation is Christ and it is on Christ that i stand and trust in that is why i have no fear that is why i can be so fearless with him. God desires more than anything a close intimate relationship with us one like a small child and a loving father he treasures those who would run into his arms while also having the reverence to shake in his presence

in fact one day i hope to kneel before him trembling not out of fear but because of the awesomeness of his presence,trembling yet smiling just imagining it excites me. or to be in his presence of glory to be overcome with his majesty to the point that we can only shout praise and honor as if posessed these things are things i think about because i am in awe of him i do not fear him though i know he can smite me at any second or judge me according to my own failings which i am more than deserving of but because i have such a close and intimate relationship with him and am covered in his love and grace i can freely run into his arms at judgement day without fear

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

judgmental and stern. I dont see Him as judgmental, but He is stern. He has to be if He is fair. I get the same feeling you see Him as mark does, all love. I wish i could see Him like that, but i do believe He is very stern, some He will be happy with, others He will be very very angry with. Matter of fact, i’ll do one better, i’ll tell you what i think will happen on judgment day.

i believe first and foremost, everyones judgement will be unique. We all sin the same sins, ie. Lie, cheat, steal, etc. but our sins are done in a unique context, my lies are to these people over here while your lies are to other people over there. So heres how i think it will go the day that i die.

First, i die. Then angels will appear and take me to wherever the judgement takes place. And i think they will do this in a very subduing way. I think its to force me to face judgement as i dont think i would willingly on my own. Then after they take me to wherever the Lord is, they will continue to subdue me and make sure i am on my knees. Side note: not sure we’ll have knees as spirits, but you get my point.
Then Jesus will begin the judgement phase. I dont know how long that will take actually, but i do believe He will be very angry and stern and if He doesnt like my response, He’ll have an angel “suggest” i give a truthful answer. Then after the judgement is over, He’ll pronounce me as guilty, and His angels will pick me up, carry me to the doorway to hell, and throw me through it. Thats what judgement day looks like in my mind. Again, i dont know how long that part will take, i do think as spirits, we will still feel pain there, of which i will be in a lot of. I do believe Jesus will have His revenge for me being so evil and i will suffer before i even get to hell itself.

thats what i think my personal judgement will be like. Some im sure it wont be anywhere near as bad as mine.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
judgmental and stern. I dont see Him as judgmental, but He is stern. He has to be if He is fair. I get the same feeling you see Him as mark does, all love. I wish i could see Him like that, but i do believe He is very stern, some He will be happy with, others He will be very very angry with. Matter of fact, i’ll do one better, i’ll tell you what i think will happen on judgment day.

i believe first and foremost, everyones judgement will be unique. We all sin the same sins, ie. Lie, cheat, steal, etc. but our sins are done in a unique context, my lies are to these people over here while your lies are to other people over there. So heres how i think it will go the day that i die.

First, i die. Then angels will appear and take me to wherever the judgement takes place. And i think they will do this in a very subduing way. I think its to force me to face judgement as i dont think i would willingly on my own. Then after they take me to wherever the Lord is, they will continue to subdue me and make sure i am on my knees. Side note: not sure we’ll have knees as spirits, but you get my point.
Then Jesus will begin the judgement phase. I dont know how long that will take actually, but i do believe He will be very angry and stern and if He doesnt like my response, He’ll have an angel “suggest” i give a truthful answer. Then after the judgement is over, He’ll pronounce me as guilty, and His angels will pick me up, carry me to the doorway to hell, and throw me through it. Thats what judgement day looks like in my mind. Again, i dont know how long that part will take, i do think as spirits, we will still feel pain there, of which i will be in a lot of. I do believe Jesus will have His revenge for me being so evil and i will suffer before i even get to hell itself.

thats what i think my personal judgement will be like. Some im sure it wont be anywhere near as bad as mine.

Profound! Thank you for sharing, brother.

I am of the belief that people are allowed the freedom to believe and think how they will. Very interesting self-perspective.

Love you!

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My friend you need a whole new outlook on your relationship with God. once you are saved you are his beloved child nothing else no hell for you no fiery anger no stern looks of judgement only forgiveness and mercy. Do you not know how he sees you at all? Do you not know how precious and important you are to him? in his eyes you are perfect no if and's or butts and if you try to say any different he will shut you up riught then and there before you can speak

You are beyond loved you are coveted in the highest degree treasured and honored you will one day be showered with honor and given a royal garment along with a scepter of glory simply because you are his. if you only knew how blind you are and i am legally blind so that is saying a lot

Reactions: Lambano

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend you need a whole new outlook on your relationship with God. once you are saved you are his beloved child nothing else no hell for you no fiery anger no stern looks of judgement only forgiveness and mercy. Do you not know how he sees you at all? Do you not know how precious and important you are to him? in his eyes you are perfect no if and's or butts and if you try to say any different he will shut you up riught then and there before you can speak

You are beyond loved you are coveted in the highest degree treasured and honored you will one day be showered with honor and given a royal garment along with a scepter of glory simply because you are his. if you only knew how blind you are and i am legally blind so that is saying a lot

you must be very young.

im very aware of how God sees me. And its not good. Trust me, i KNOW i aint perfect and i know He knows that. I’ve lived a long sinful life, worse than most, and when you’ve done the things i’ve done, at some point, you realize its too late. I figure only thing i’ll get from God is what i deserve and its none too good. But i know He’s fair, and when He gives it to me, i deserve it and i try not to fuss about it much. At this point, the only thing i ask God for is 1. Let me live long enough to take care of my mom. And 2. To save me. I dont ask for anything else from Him. I figure He’s already done more than He should have.

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you must be very young.

im very aware of how God sees me. And its not good. Trust me, i KNOW i aint perfect and i know He knows that. I’ve lived a long sinful life, worse than most, and when you’ve done the things i’ve done, at some point, you realize its too late. I figure only thing i’ll get from God is what i deserve and its none too good. But i know He’s fair, and when He gives it to me, i deserve it and i try not to fuss about it much. At this point, the only thing i ask God for is 1. Let me live long enough to take care of my mom. And 2. To save me. I dont ask for anything else from Him. I figure He’s already done more than He should have.
Age has nothing to do with it I just know how he works and how he sees. See you think the worst of yourself and much like the tax collecter you humble yourself before God calling youself a sinner but I see with different eyes I see you reddemed made worthy and righteous you dress yourself in ragged clothing of lowliness not thinking you deserve anything more yet i say all you have done is wiped clean and now you are free to rest and live in his love and grace.

Don't count yourself who were don't even count yourself who are now count yourself who you are in CChrist what he has made you in his kingdom what he says of you who he says you are. Paul did much worse things than you did and yet look at what happened with him how much more will he do with you?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
profound, you might have won the internet today with that word. :p

Haha maybe so, fixing to go on to work here, spent to much time on the internet but got a little work done on new study - The Worlds Hatred, founded in the Bible study.

Ill share you a bit of my prayer life; I tend to pray for all the people of my family and those who come across my mind during the prayers, and I also tell and admit to God that I am not perfect, and I never will be perfect. That his Son was the only one who makes anyone right before God in faith in the Gospel of Christ which is the power unto salvation, also asking God to help me by the holy spirit.

Sometimes I use to be very harsh with myself, with my flesh being so strong as I would allow to speak outlaid "Matthew you are stupid, your dumb, no one likes you, why did you do that", and eventually those things stopped the more I started relying and trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ in what he had not just done for 'me' but for all people, and that God is good and he is love, we can not get past the Goodness of God that leads us to repentance.

Just something to help encourage you brother, that is all I know you didn't ask for it but I love you.

Romans 2:4 Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?

We all mess up, and that is why it is good to be honest with ourselves, others, and especially towards God.

Love you brother, take care. (My private message is open to any and all anytime - you just wanna say hi or see what is up).

Reactions: Cross8527

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here lately there has been an ongoing conflict about things mostly related to calvinism it seems, like OSAS, the doctrine of election. The one thing i think that determines our theology is how we each see God. Some see only His good side, others only see their own good side.

im curious as to how do you view God?
God is love.
love0085.gif

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My relationship with God is very special to me. Mostly its just conversation, getting things off my chest and expressing how I feel about certain things to him. In my darkest times, when I am mentally unstable (im schizoaffective), I feel as if im attacked spiritually and I feel as if he is with me, comforting me. I feel very grateful for the vision he placed into me and for an ongoing relationship I have with him. And when I say relationship, its not reading scriptures. To me thats just getting to know a story. That isn't praise to me. Praise is sincere gratitude towards him. Gratitude that I have because he has seen me through the worst in my life. I feel very blessed to have something that is stronger than Faith. A floating face gave me an Oath saying that I was his. I have these spiritual experiences that were hidden from me and were later revealed to me that makes it so personal to me. Like a higher power has shown interest in me. I don't understand everything or know what it all means, But Its actually knowing God is real, and not having to base that beliefs on scriptures or any religion in particular. I'm not tied down to a specific belief or "master". I truly have wings, and have been freed from the shackles of theology, doctrine, and religion. My God is personal. I feel as if the specifics of what I believe doesn't truly matter, he wants me and I have this deep gratitude that he cares.

If people only find their comfort in scriptures, i urge you to search for God anywhere and everywhere and do not rest until you have find him, then find him again, and again. Keep searching for him after you find him, and you will keep finding him and this relationship will emerge.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you view God?
OP^

View as in SEE God?
...I have never SEEN God “yet”.
...But HAVE seen, the reflection of His works.

View as in OPINION of God?
...One, Creator, Maker, Love, Spirit, Holy, Pure, Perfect, Glorious, True, Faithful, Faultless, Sinless, Absolute Truth, Wisest, Graceful, Forgiving, Forgiver, Giver of Life, Taker of Life, Giver of Knowledge, Giver of Understanding, Peace giver, Just, Ever Eternal, Ever Present, All Knowing, All Powerful, Patient, Servant, Savior, Quickener, Helper, Keeper, Sustainer, Lord, King, Destroyer, Jealous.

Glory to God,
Taken

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The conceptual model Jesus gave us for God was Αββα, "Father". This resonates with me.

I don't know how your relationship with your human father was. For those whose fathers were abusive (including sexually abusive), absent, cold, messed-up, addicted, this model doesn't work. My own father had his faults, but he was a good man. He could fix anything, he provided for his family, he was faithful to my mother, he showed affection, he disciplined when necessary but rewarded when appropriate. And he taught me that a real man must be willing to give up his own life to protect the ones he loves.

When I read the Gospels, I watch what Jesus said and did. Yes, Jesus talked about judgment, about Gehenna, but I heard Him talk about searching for lost coins, about leaving the 99 in search of the one lost sheep, about all the workers getting a living wage, about forgiving one another, about feeding the hungry and clothing the naked and caring for this sick and visiting the imprisoned. About a tax-collector who humbly confessed his sin before God being justified. About a non-elect Samaritan performing the righteousness required of the Elect. About a father welcoming back a son who had insulted him and deserted him. He told us to love our enemies, as our Heavenly Father loves His enemies. And I heard Him instruct us to love one another, even as much as He loved us.

I saw what He did. Jesus, the friend of the outcasts; the friend of tax-collectors and sinners. Jesus, who welcomed the sinful woman who washed His feet. Jesus, who engaged with a Samaritan woman at the well. Jesus, who forgave the woman caught en flagrante delicto in the act of adultery. Jesus, who rewarded those who trusted Him, like the lepers, the Centurian, the blind man, the woman with the bleeding, the man with a demon-possessed son, the cripple whose friends had the chutzpah to lower his pallet down through the roof, the man with the dying daughter. Jesus, who raised Mary and Martha's brother from the dead. Jesus, who laid down His life for His friends.

Jesus, the Son of God.

Y'know, they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Like Father, like son.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Put simply, I think of him as a very loving and caring Father. And because of that, I now see my own father - my Daddy - in a new light.

Reactions: Lambano