1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How does an adult become a Catholic?

Discussion in 'The Church Forum' started by Josho, Jul 2, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truther

Truther Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    LOL

amigo de christo likes this.
  2. Addy

Addy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    LOLOL

Truther likes this.
  3. amigo de christo

amigo de christo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Stand firm truther , stand firm . can you imagine todays generation in the days when revelation was revealed to john ..
    They would be saying the same things like , BUT how do you know GOD didnt call them to JEZEBEL .
    No one wants to correct anymore . THEY IN IT FOR THE FALSE UNITY . A unity i had rather die than to accept .
    Warn on my friend . The RCC is dangerous and has destroyed many a soul . And the protestant realm has sold their churches out
    to her will .

Marvelloustime and Truther like this.
  4. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    LOLOLOL
    (anything you ca do I can do better.)

5. Truther

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Amen, the protestant churches are the daughters of the RCC(great whore of Rev).

Shame on them all for distorting the truth and resisting Peter per Acts 2:38.

Their end will be utter destruction per Rev,

amigo de christo likes this.
  6. Addy

Addy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    That is a whole other topic. Just saw you in here and wanted to say hi....

Truther likes this.
  7. Truther

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Howdy. Hope the day is great

8. Truther

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Howdy. Hope your day is great!

9. Addy

Addy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    My day is wonderful... seems like every few months... I find you somewhere and something you say makes me smile.
    See you in a month or so....

Truther likes this.
  10. amigo de christo

amigo de christo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Regardless of all that was said and done by many and by many leaders . In the end we stand before CHRIST .
    In the end HE will say unto one group depart from me , and to another well done .
    IN the end JESUS is the judge . IN the end we stand before Him .
    IN the end HIS word shall be the judge . My advice is , we open our bibles are learn THAT JESUS for ourselves
    and all the doctrine also the apostles left . Either we are HIS or we are not His . Examine this day , my call is to all ,
    WHOM Ye do serve . But if its any image or mindset that is contrary to the Christ and the apostels , IT WONT save squat .
    Be ye hearers and doers of the Word . Loving from the heart all things He did teach and instruct .
    Peter must have taken him serious . Cause even after the baptism of the Holy Ghost , he was heard saying
    can any man forbid water that these also may be baptized . Folks are gonna heed and do whatever their hearts desire .
    But lambs HEED and DO what JESUS TAUGHT , FOR THEIR HEART DESIRES HIM . May that sink in real deep unto all the readers .

Truther and Marvelloustime like this.
  11. Pearl

Pearl Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Actually @Mungo I didn't say those things. I quoted them - big difference - but I do agree with them. And them come from an ex/former Catholic.

12. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

Mungo and Illuminator like this.
  13. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    You quoted approvingly so not a big difference.
    And the claims are still false.

14. Addy

Addy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    It took years to shake off the guilt and shame that comes with Catholicism.... They do a really good brain washing job to ensure that members
    are filled with fear regarding "going to hell".

I have shared this on another thread a long time ago... but two days after my mother died in 2007... I made an appointment with the priest who had resided over her funeral... and I informed him I wanted his blessing to never have to step foot in a Catholic church again.... He was gracious with his words... He told me that if the church had caused me so much heart break that I could not in good conscience continue in my Catholic walk... than YES.... I had his blessing to leave... and that NO... I would not go to hell for that... His blessing meant nothing as far as authority or power... but it was the beginning of my FREEDOM to CHRIST...

To this day... I will not EVER attend anything in a Catholic building... not even a yard sale or bake sale.

According to the doctrine of the church... I am indeed going to hell... because I walked away from the "truth".... The damage that the church causes is deep and thorough... I call the Catholic church a cult... It's all a big twisted ball of evil.

I write these things so that former Catholics may find some comfort and solace.

Pearl likes this.
  15. Josho

Josho Millennial Christian Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Just saying.....

Wouldn't it be a better use of time leading non-Christians to Jesus, rather than trying to convert Catholic members to protestantism?

Mungo likes this.
  16. Addy

Addy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    @Josho ... I'm not the one who started this thread.... Just saying.

17. Josho

Josho Millennial Christian Staff Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    The main question of this thread have already been answered and I think it's past it's expiry date and time to lock it.

I have asked these things, because I may consider becoming a Catholic in the future and I may not either, I have even recently had thoughts of maybe perhaps becoming a Catholic Monk or Priest in the future, if I was to remain celibate.

There are certain aspects of Catholicism I like, like the Eucharist and crossing thy heart. I also like the look of the meditative lives of the Monks and Nuns, living a humble life entirely devoted to God, and the Catholic Saints are also an inspiration.

amadeus, Illuminator and Mungo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.