How does an adult become a Catholic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not crazy(going against His own will).

That was her own idea.

God leads us to perfect truth, which the RCC is just the opposite of.
Stand firm truther , stand firm . can you imagine todays generation in the days when revelation was revealed to john ..
They would be saying the same things like , BUT how do you know GOD didnt call them to JEZEBEL .
No one wants to correct anymore . THEY IN IT FOR THE FALSE UNITY . A unity i had rather die than to accept .
Warn on my friend . The RCC is dangerous and has destroyed many a soul . And the protestant realm has sold their churches out
to her will .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stand firm truther , stand firm . can you imagine todays generation in the days when revelation was revealed to john ..
They would be saying the same things like , BUT how do you know GOD didnt call them to JEZEBEL .
No one wants to correct anymore . THEY IN IT FOR THE FALSE UNITY . A unity i had rather die than to accept .
Warn on my friend . The RCC is dangerous and has destroyed many a soul . And the protestant realm has sold their churches out
to her will .
Amen, the protestant churches are the daughters of the RCC(great whore of Rev).

Shame on them all for distorting the truth and resisting Peter per Acts 2:38.

Their end will be utter destruction per Rev,

Reactions: amigo de christo

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That is a whole other topic. Just saw you in here and wanted to say hi....

Reactions: Truther

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Regardless of all that was said and done by many and by many leaders . In the end we stand before CHRIST .
In the end HE will say unto one group depart from me , and to another well done .
IN the end JESUS is the judge . IN the end we stand before Him .
IN the end HIS word shall be the judge . My advice is , we open our bibles are learn THAT JESUS for ourselves
and all the doctrine also the apostles left . Either we are HIS or we are not His . Examine this day , my call is to all ,
WHOM Ye do serve . But if its any image or mindset that is contrary to the Christ and the apostels , IT WONT save squat .
Be ye hearers and doers of the Word . Loving from the heart all things He did teach and instruct .
Peter must have taken him serious . Cause even after the baptism of the Holy Ghost , he was heard saying
can any man forbid water that these also may be baptized . Folks are gonna heed and do whatever their hearts desire .
But lambs HEED and DO what JESUS TAUGHT , FOR THEIR HEART DESIRES HIM . May that sink in real deep unto all the readers .

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually @Mungo I didn't say those things. I quoted them - big difference - but I do agree with them. And them come from an ex/former Catholic.

You quoted approvingly so not a big difference.
And the claims are still false.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Never heard it summed up better than that @Addy. I specially liked:

It's not the Catholics that are bad... they are people and many of them are innocent by ignorance... It's the Doctrine of Catholicism that is bad.

Catholicism is an EXTREME form of LEGALISM... and it is not remotely pleasing to God.
It took years to shake off the guilt and shame that comes with Catholicism.... They do a really good brain washing job to ensure that members
are filled with fear regarding "going to hell".

I have shared this on another thread a long time ago... but two days after my mother died in 2007... I made an appointment with the priest who had resided over her funeral... and I informed him I wanted his blessing to never have to step foot in a Catholic church again.... He was gracious with his words... He told me that if the church had caused me so much heart break that I could not in good conscience continue in my Catholic walk... than YES.... I had his blessing to leave... and that NO... I would not go to hell for that... His blessing meant nothing as far as authority or power... but it was the beginning of my FREEDOM to CHRIST...

To this day... I will not EVER attend anything in a Catholic building... not even a yard sale or bake sale.

According to the doctrine of the church... I am indeed going to hell... because I walked away from the "truth".... The damage that the church causes is deep and thorough... I call the Catholic church a cult... It's all a big twisted ball of evil.

I write these things so that former Catholics may find some comfort and solace.

Reactions: Pearl

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just saying.....

Wouldn't it be a better use of time leading non-Christians to Jesus, rather than trying to convert Catholic members to protestantism?

Reactions: Mungo

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The main question of this thread have already been answered and I think it's past it's expiry date and time to lock it.

I have asked these things, because I may consider becoming a Catholic in the future and I may not either, I have even recently had thoughts of maybe perhaps becoming a Catholic Monk or Priest in the future, if I was to remain celibate.

There are certain aspects of Catholicism I like, like the Eucharist and crossing thy heart. I also like the look of the meditative lives of the Monks and Nuns, living a humble life entirely devoted to God, and the Catholic Saints are also an inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.