How does Satan tempt us?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan will be defeated.
Okay. As I like to share with you, or anyone my predicated view concerning the Bible narrative, people may continue to believe however they choose. It’s totally subjective between you and God, and not a whole group of people like many people may suggest today. Thought culture and cultic groups can suggest otherwise as though the subjectivity exclusively involves themselves personally, as a group whom every they confide in their narrative opposed to the biblical narrative.

I suggest Satan has been gone for a long time now, however we continue to see differently by subjection, and I’m okay with that Bob.

Thank you.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. As I like to share with you, or anyone my predicated view concerning the Bible narrative, people may continue to believe however they choose. It’s totally subjective between you and God, and not a whole group of people like many people may suggest today. Thought culture and cultic groups can suggest otherwise as though the subjectivity exclusively involves themselves personally, as a group whom every they confide in their narrative opposed to the biblical narrative.

I suggest Satan has been gone for a long time now, however we continue to see differently by subjection, and I’m okay with that Bob.

Thank you.
One thing for sure - the world is led astray by lies, wherever they are coming from.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might be helpful to know.
Yes, Paul did indicate that we are aware of the Devil's designs. And Christ made a point of warning his Disciples of false Christs and false prophets.

So I would suggest that Satan is in the non-Christian part of the world, trying to imitate God's Kingdom on earth, trying to sell us on the idea that unbelief is normal, that rationalism is the way to get needs met, and not prayer nor obedience.

Reactions: Bob Estey

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing for sure - the world is led astray by lies, wherever they are coming from.
And God so loved the world, he sent his son. While darkness is prevailant so is light. The fight, in my opinion, is fighting the ways of the world and the spirit(s) of it. Spirit of greed, hatred, etc… to many people really give credit to Satan more than they do themselves cause the individual self is the problem.

Between this ways of this world, and the ways of heaven. Thankfully Yahava made the availability to access him to all. Some love darkness more than the light.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God so loved the world, he sent his son. While darkness is prevailant so is light. The fight, in my opinion, is fighting the ways of the world and the spirit(s) of it. Spirit of greed, hatred, etc… to many people really give credit to Satan more than they do themselves cause the individual self is the problem.

Between this ways of this world, and the ways of heaven. Thankfully Yahava made the availability to access him to all. Some love darkness more than the light.
You say that Satan has been defeated and no longer has influence. What has changed since his defeat?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say that Satan has been defeated and no longer has influence. What has changed since his defeat?
You never talk about darkness which existed in the beginning? Why? Why focus so much on Satan? What is the point? He is gone? There is no more material religion, of the Age which Jesus saved the bride. That’s what is changed, Satan is no longer useful. All have access to God, and it’s themselves and the world that tend to get confused ideas or no desire for God.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never talk about darkness which existed in the beginning? Why? Why focus so much on Satan? What is the point? He is gone? There is no more material religion, of the Age which Jesus saved the bride. That’s what is changed, Satan is no longer useful. All have access to God, and it’s themselves and the world that tend to get confused ideas or no desire for God.
You say Satan is defeated, but the world is still deceived. What has changed?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say Satan is defeated, but the world is still deceived. What has changed?
There is no covenant agreement in which Satan used in order to condemn.

The Law has been fulfilled, and Jesus has come back like he promised in that age and day.

If the Law is not been fulfilled. Then yes Satan is still around, and Jesus is coming back.

There are two perspectives to choose from

There is no more Material Religon of Israel which Jesus came saved the bride and the wrath of God came down on Israel.

Judgment of those of Noah’s day, the Angels held in chains, Satan, and all those who were in hell, all came forth to be judged and were judged.

Many people continue to believe they are gonna go see all those things be done once they leave the world, however I believe those things occurred at the end of the Materialistic Age of the Law of Moses which Jesus was born under, and tempted by Satan.

There is no more Law of Moses. It was fulfilled in Christ unless he failed.

A lot has changed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bob Estey I personally believe spiritually all people are walking in the Garden of Eden. Choosing the tree of life (Gospel and victory of Christ), or tree of knowledge and good and evil (organized religions), there is no need to always have Satan on the mind, his mind was crushed inward. He is the resemblance of darkness and it’s influence.

When someone does someone hateful to another person, is that a demon? Is that Satan?

Or is that person deciding and choosing to do those things because they want to?

Will you help me answer these few questions?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no covenant agreement in which Satan used in order to condemn.

The Law has been fulfilled, and Jesus has come back like he promised in that age and day.

If the Law is not been fulfilled. Then yes Satan is still around, and Jesus is coming back.

There are two perspectives to choose from

There is no more Material Religon of Israel which Jesus came saved the bride and the wrath of God came down on Israel.

Judgment of those of Noah’s day, the Angels held in chains, Satan, and all those who were in hell, all came forth to be judged and were judged.

Many people continue to believe they are gonna go see all those things be done once they leave the world, however I believe those things occurred at the end of the Materialistic Age of the Law of Moses which Jesus was born under, and tempted by Satan.

There is no more Law of Moses. It was fulfilled in Christ unless he failed.

A lot has changed.
Jesus didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17).

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s the common denominator of saying look Satan still alive because of this. I don’t think like that.

Humans make choices.

Your own nephew can decide by himself to murder. Children learn about it early in life, from grade school.

The world has been a lot better in my opinion concerning the state which was seen prior to the destruction of Israel and the doing away with Satan.

Use to, you, believe in Christ you would be murdered on sight. That’s not like today.

That doesn’t mean there is no darkness, still lurking within our own soul. I can tell right from wrong, by just my conscious. Some conscious become seared; however Jesus can still heal their wounds and their vacant dark heart.
It's interesting that the bible concerns itself mostly with Israel and their wanderings in the world, to and fro, up and down in it.
Everytime they go to Egypt they go down into into Egypt and everytime they come out of Egypt, they come up out of egypt.

What we don't know in detail is what and how the other nations lived around them.
Some of them made war with Israel and others Israel made war with.
And we hear rumours and gossip about what thes other nations were doing, but we don't get the details of what or how they were living accoding to God's purpose.

We can only judge ourselves by how Israel lived their way. And God made them an example of what not to do.
The same way Jesus gave us an example of what we're supposed to do.

And the world is a lot smaller today, everything is connected. We can see into someones life half way across the world through youtube or tik toc.

I'm not so sure the world is or isn't in a better place, as we only have Israel and that nation to judge by.
Hugs

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bob Estey I personally believe spiritually all people are walking in the Garden of Eden. Choosing the tree of life (Gospel and victory of Christ), or tree of knowledge and good and evil (organized religions), there is no need to always have Satan on the mind, his mind was crushed inward. He is the resemblance of darkness and it’s influence.

When someone does someone hateful to another person, is that a demon? Is that Satan?

Or is that person deciding and choosing to do those things because they want to?

Will you help me answer these few questions?
You say I always have Satan on my mind. This is a thread about Satan. What did you think we were going to talk about?

Reactions: Cassandra

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe people are influenced by bad thoughts.
Jesus calls them tares that the enemy plants in our hearts and minds when we're not being vigilant and keeping our eyes on him.
And as you say, we are our own worst enemy and I agree with that.
But where did those original bad thoughts come from?
And do they carry over from generation to generation?
Maybe Satan don't have to still be in existance, but his kids are. And they're causing a lot of havoc in the world today.
Have you looked at Hollywood or Disney lately...
Those wicked ideas and images are coming from somewhere. And it's all for profit and gain and self amusement.
And the children are the ones who suffer the most.

We aught to be building up storehouses with millstones in my opinion.
Mar 9:42
And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

But that's for the Lord to determine.
They will get their reward.
Hugs

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took it literally.
It’s okay bob. It’s just sharing information. It’s not like this is a normal conversation. Normal conversation people also answer other people’s questions. So I shouldn’t take anything on the internet personal. Even though I have before.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe people are influenced by bad thoughts.
Jesus calls them tares that the enemy plants in our hearts and minds when we're not being vigilant and keeping our eyes on him.
And as you say, we are our own worst enemy and I agree with that.
But where did those original bad thoughts come from?
And do they carry over from generation to generation?
Maybe Satan don't have to still be in existance, but his kids are. And they're causing a lot of havoc in the world today.
Have you looked at Hollywood or Disney lately...
Those wicked ideas and images are coming from somewhere. And it's all for profit and gain and self amusement.
And the children are the ones who suffer the most.

We aught to be building up storehouses with millstones in my opinion.
Mar 9:42
And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

But that's for the Lord to determine.
They will get their reward.
Hugs
Ziggy this is a useful way to see things from the scope of the spirit. I don’t know about children of the devil but perhaps Satan is just representing all the darkness offers opposed to God. And perhaps the devil can be see at the one who went asking Eve the question he did. The originator of lying. The disobedient ate from the tree disobeying God.

So while the devil is gone in my opinion, the darkness of separation from God and mankind happened.

This is why I cling on to darkness vs light. It’s not God vs Satan. Satan was used by God. With a promise to die. Darkness resides in us, and the world while God calls out to his creations, the world still entertains itself. Yet God so loved the world; Jesus came to save it. He did.

It is like we walk in the Garden making our own choice which can effect children by parents who did them wrong, or even right.

Anyone can embrace dark thoughts and hate, Satan was just a representative puppet if you ask me, who made his choice.

Maybe not like Satan with pitchfork - just an Angel with a lust for power. He has control for a little bit, 1500 or so I guess with the connecting Jesus and his promise to rid of him, and Bible prophecy proclaimed it to be done.

Just some thoughts thank you.

Reactions: Ziggy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What we have in this conversation is a preterist basing his claims that Satan no longer has any influence on th e earth at this present time.

That is untrue. Satan has not gone away yet "to get a kingdom" which is, according to Jesus, is going to be Satan's cover story for being judged in our near future and then being imprisoned in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years to await the time of his punishment.

In Ezekiel 34:25 Go has Promised Israel that the "evil beasts" will cease to live upon the face of the earth and that they will have peace. Satan and his other rebelling fallen Angels will be judged at the same time as the Kings of the Earth and together they will be imprisoned in a pit, i.e., the Bottomless Pit, for many years to await the time of their punishment.

What we do know is that the judgement of the kings of the earth at Armageddon will occur in around 20 years from now and it is at this time that Satan and his rebelling heavenly hosts who have joined with Satan will also be judged.

History confirms for us that the Kings of the earth have not been judged yet, but we do know that the three frog like evil spirit have come to begin the process of drawing the kings of the earth to the place known as Armageddon.

If, in around 20 years' time, the kings of the earth are being gathered together at Armageddon to be judged, then, Satan and his rebelling angels are still exercising their influence upon the face of the earth and as such the Preterist understanding that Satan no longer has influence over people and the events on the earth, has holes in the preterist's theory that all of prophecy has already been fulfilled. The Preterist's theories come directly from the influence of Satan, as do other theories concerning the End Times which are not Biblically based.

In the garden of Eden, Satan planted a seed of doubt in Eve's mind which she had to explore for herself to see if what Satan had hinted at was true. This event is known as the fall. Satan is still planting seeds of doubt in peoples' minds where they fell that they have to answer themselves without asking God for the right response to the seeds of doubt that Satan plants in our minds.

Satan will exercise his influence over us or attempt to do so through his good and faithful servants through deception, right up and until he is captured and dispatched into the Lake of Fire where the Beast and the false prophet will also be dispatched to prior to Satan, after they come up out of the Bottomless pit in their last ditched attempt to oppose God's redemption plan for those who chose to rely on God for all of their needs by continually seeking their nourishment and living water from God's fertile field.

We all need to evaluate our "pet theories" concerning God and the plans that He has for the redemption of the Saints in the future and to see where our reliance for our well-being will come from. It all comes down to the choice that we make as to whom we will trust the most.

Shalom