How Does the Church today, differ from the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo,

The "God is Love" is in the liberal churches and at the doors and in the pews of conservative churches. I heard a Methodist Woman bishop say, when talking about ordaining gays, that she will choose love over the bible. But , there is something else. I cringe when someone says "I don't know what's in their heart", when someone in the church isn't conforming.
OH i cringe too my friend . cause i BELEIVE JESUS . YE CAN KNOW , KNOW , KNOW THEM by THEIR FRUITS .
The FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all goodness ,righteousness and truth
PROVING what is acceptable to , GOD . and SIN AINT .
but what is the fruit of the wicked , read proverbs . THE FRUIT OF THE WICKED IS TO SIN .
THERE IT IS . And again i would like to say , ANYONE who says I CHOSE LOVE over the BIBLE
DONT KNOW THE BIBLE and THEY DO NOT KNOW GOD , THEY DO NOT KNOW HIS LOVE EITHER .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its true ol amigo is a straight shooter . But if we read the BIBLE and see that CHRIST and those apostels
I DONT THINK the folks that did that WOULD HAVE ANY PROBLEMS with me .
BUT to put that to the test , OPEN BIBLE , read BIBLE , STAY READING BIBLE . AND YOU SEE FOR YOURSELF .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The definition of the word, "Christian", as you have indicated with quotation marks, has been changed. Are they truly followers of Christ, if they pay little or no attention to what He said when walking as a man on planet Earth 2000 years ago?
You asked a great question my friend . And i bet deep down YOU KNOW THE ANSWER .
But allow me some parting words . if the jesus we follow , know and love, contradicts the biblical one ,
WELL THEN WE DONT FOLLOW JESUS at all .
SEE , we all know not a one of us deservers Grace . but by that same grace that did appear to us
THAT GRACE TEACHES US SOMETHING , IT PLANTS A LOVE UPON OUR HEARTS .
And it aint no love for our old ways of the lusts of the flesh either .
But i should know , I WAS that man . FOLLOWED anther jesus , disregaurded his teachings
And thoughts me was saved . THANK GOD FOR HIS GRACE is all i can say .
THAT LIFE CHANING , new HEART GIVING GRACE that LOVETH THE THINGS OF GOD , JUST LOVES THOSE HOLY PURE WORDS .
NOW that is what i call a SPIRITUAL MIRACLE indeed . cause if GOD did that to a man like me who was about the worst
and changed my vile heart , THAT RIGHT THERE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING INDEED .
A miracle of sorts . To take the heart of a wicked vile thing and change it so into that which NOW loveth and embraces
the things of GOD . NOW IF GOD DID THAT FOR ME , BELIEVE ME HE COULD HAVE DONE IT FOR ANYONE .
CAUSE i have to be real honest AMADUES . IT WASNT LIKE GOD was looking down from heaven
and saw me in all my glory and said , WOW now that man iS A GOOD ONE , I CAN USE THAT MAN .
OH NO AMADUES . GOD KNEW MY HEART and lets just say THE WORD GOOD , WERENT IN IT .
GOD didnt choose me cause i was better than anyone . HE SIMPLY SAVED ME AND CHANGED ME BY HIS GRACE .
CAUSE GOD IS MERCIFUL. I TAKE THAT TO THE BANK my friend . GOD saved me for one reason .
CAUSE HE IS MERCIFUL . PEROID .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked a great question my friend . And i bet deep down YOU KNOW THE ANSWER .
But allow me some parting words . if the jesus we follow , know and love, contradicts the biblical one ,
WELL THEN WE DONT FOLLOW JESUS at all .
SEE , we all know not a one of us deservers Grace . but by that same grace that did appear to us
THAT GRACE TEACHES US SOMETHING , IT PLANTS A LOVE UPON OUR HEARTS .
And it aint no love for our old ways of the lusts of the flesh either .
But i should know , I WAS that man . FOLLOWED anther jesus , disregaurded his teachings
And thoughts me was saved . THANK GOD FOR HIS GRACE is all i can say .
THAT LIFE CHANING , new HEART GIVING GRACE that LOVETH THE THINGS OF GOD , JUST LOVES THOSE HOLY PURE WORDS .
NOW that is what i call a SPIRITUAL MIRACLE indeed . cause if GOD did that to a man like me who was about the worst
and changed my vile heart , THAT RIGHT THERE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING INDEED .
A miracle of sorts . To take the heart of a wicked vile thing and change it so into that which NOW loveth and embraces
the things of GOD . NOW IF GOD DID THAT FOR ME , BELIEVE ME HE COULD HAVE DONE IT FOR ANYONE .
CAUSE i have to be real honest AMADUES . IT WASNT LIKE GOD was looking down from heaven
and saw me in all my glory and said , WOW now that man iS A GOOD ONE , I CAN USE THAT MAN .
OH NO AMADUES . GOD KNEW MY HEART and lets just say THE WORD GOOD , WERENT IN IT .
GOD didnt choose me cause i was better than anyone . HE SIMPLY SAVED ME AND CHANGED ME BY HIS GRACE .
CAUSE GOD IS MERCIFUL. I TAKE THAT TO THE BANK my friend . GOD saved me for one reason .
CAUSE HE IS MERCIFUL . PEROID .
Give God the glory!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure the early churches were perfect Nancy, look at the issues and problems Paul had to address in his letters, the issues were all linked to attitudes and battles that were arising in the churches.. Sure in the beginning of acts it does appear that they were separate and acting with so many different attitudes, but they were experiencing a new thing. They were ‘ on fire ‘ so to speak. Time changes many things and throughout scripture we can see how it was a battle for Gods people to remain free from sins. Look at the list of churches in revelation, each one had good and bad ‘ reports ‘ so to speak, they started off so well but history has shown that many of the churches represented there did not survive. ( I realise that those churches were also symbolic, but in Johns time they did represent actual churches, groups of Gods people endeavouring to live as God intended. So were they any different, what caused their demise. We sometimes look back on the Churches or Gods people in the the OT and NT through rose coloured glasses , but they were far from perfect. The issues may have been different ones, but they all would have been rooted in wrong attitudes or choices.
The Armish people are the closest to a group of Christians who do adhere to Gods principles rather than the world , and even that is changing as the younger generations are being allowed to leave and decide whether they remain or leave their culture. ( which shows a change , influence )
So if each of us were to weigh ourselves up against how they live, well we would very quickly establish just how much of the world has infiltrated us as Gods people, and yet God called us and has used each one of us within the culture and families in which we live.…….
Rita

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH i cringe too my friend . cause i BELEIVE JESUS . YE CAN KNOW , KNOW , KNOW THEM by THEIR FRUITS .
The FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all goodness ,righteousness and truth
PROVING what is acceptable to , GOD . and SIN AINT .
but what is the fruit of the wicked , read proverbs . THE FRUIT OF THE WICKED IS TO SIN .
THERE IT IS . And again i would like to say , ANYONE who says I CHOSE LOVE over the BIBLE
DONT KNOW THE BIBLE and THEY DO NOT KNOW GOD , THEY DO NOT KNOW HIS LOVE EITHER .
Good words my friend,
They use "God is Love" to equal "Love is God". So when they say God is Love, the secret meaning is Love is God. Then the worship is Love, not God. Its Satanic to say the least but its in churches.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We sometimes look back on the Churches or Gods people in the the OT and NT through rose coloured glasses , but they were far from perfect. The issues may
Good point.
---
As you mentioned..
- Amish has issues/problems.
I visited Lancaster, PA (US)...years ago.
- Amish & Mennonite
---
I remember..having discussions at the breakfast meeting.
One fellow said,
"I could not find the perfect church..
I have been searching..for many years!"

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point.
---
As you mentioned..
- Amish has issues/problems.
I visited Lancaster, PA (US)...years ago.
- Amish & Mennonite
---
I remember..having discussions at the breakfast meeting.
One fellow said,
"I could not find the perfect church..
I have been searching..for many years!"

The only perfect church is Jesus's church. We simply won't know all of its facets of it until (I presume) we are with Jesus.

Jesus tried to dumb it down for us. Love God and love one another. That's it.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good words my friend,
They use "God is Love" to equal "Love is God". So when they say God is Love, the secret meaning is Love is God. Then the worship is Love, not God. Its Satanic to say the least but its in churches.

Yea, "love is love".patrick-stewart-facepalm.gif

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who on Earth is in perfect conformity with God?
Women should not sing in the choir on stage with yoga pants on, It isn't a cattle call. Ushers should not wear skin tight jeans, this is the world in the church. 50 yrs ago its unheard of. Wear what you want outside, but not for working and representing the church. Someone coming to church can wear what they want , but the church needs to set an example.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure the early churches were perfect Nancy, look at the issues and problems Paul had to address in his letters, the issues were all linked to attitudes and battles that were arising in the churches.. Sure in the beginning of acts it does appear that they were separate and acting with so many different attitudes, but they were experiencing a new thing. They were ‘ on fire ‘ so to speak. Time changes many things and throughout scripture we can see how it was a battle for Gods people to remain free from sins. Look at the list of churches in revelation, each one had good and bad ‘ reports ‘ so to speak, they started off so well but history has shown that many of the churches represented there did not survive. ( I realise that those churches were also symbolic, but in Johns time they did represent actual churches, groups of Gods people endeavouring to live as God intended. So were they any different, what caused their demise. We sometimes look back on the Churches or Gods people in the the OT and NT through rose coloured glasses , but they were far from perfect. The issues may have been different ones, but they all would have been rooted in wrong attitudes or choices.
The Armish people are the closest to a group of Christians who do adhere to Gods principles rather than the world , and even that is changing as the younger generations are being allowed to leave and decide whether they remain or leave their culture. ( which shows a change , influence )
So if each of us were to weigh ourselves up against how they live, well we would very quickly establish just how much of the world has infiltrated us as Gods people, and yet God called us and has used each one of us within the culture and families in which we live.…….
Rita
True Reets,
I know they weren't perfect by any means yet, the 1st Century church seemed more in order than so many today. I do think they loved one another as Jesus loved the church. I can see that happening lot's more than today. As, in this day and age, "sin abounds" and more and more; "the love of many shall grow cold". Boy howdy has the world ever infiltrated the church as a whole! Ah yes, the Amish...they are definitely "peculiar people"...they just might be onto something...we have many around here. When looking at houses, or going to visit my one sister, you pass their buggee's and horses. I admire them and their ways-for the most part. Wouldn't want to be forced to marry someone they choose, IF they do that, not sure.

Agreed, Act's had tons of issues, just look at Ananias and Sapphira, yikes! Then, comparing today's churches there must be a stark difference in at least, agape love? Only because we have much more devious sin in the world (perhaps because the population has grown immensely?) Satan's image is stamped all over the earth.

And you are correct about God using His people even in the worst generation, amen.
Thanks for your reply.
xx

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
But here is the difference . The early church had true leaders who followed the true pattern
which would build up the churches . Today its the leaders failing the churches and thus they get worse and fast too .
Every church will always need good grounded leadership . But when that fails , THE CHURCH FAILS .
Time to get the BIBLE back in the front of every singel church .
And time to get busy correcting any and all error within those churches and very fast too .
Time to get serious and grave leaders back in the churches again .
Cause when leaven is left uncorrected for sake of unity , the church tankes to the pits of delusion .
The leadership not only wont correct sins and errors anymore , HECK it attacks those who even dare
to make a stand to correct such leaven . THEY SOLD OUT . And i wont be sitting under a one of them that done so .
IF the leadership wont keep the pattern the apostels did , IT AINT TRUE LEADERSHIP .
And if leaders wont repent , BOOT THEM OUT too . Its time to make the DOCTRINE GREAT AGAIN .
Well pure and holy bible doctrine has always been great . SO perhaps i should say ITS TIME TO PREACH THAT
WONDERFUL GREAT SOUND BIBLCAL , PURE AND HOLY PATTERN AGAIN in them churches .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Reets,
I know they weren't perfect by any means yet, the 1st Century church seemed more in order than so many today. I do think they loved one another as Jesus loved the church. I can see that happening lot's more than today. As, in this day and age, "sin abounds" and more and more; "the love of many shall grow cold". Boy howdy has the world ever infiltrated the church as a whole! Ah yes, the Amish...they are definitely "peculiar people"...they just might be onto something...we have many around here. When looking at houses, or going to visit my one sister, you pass their buggee's and horses. I admire them and their ways-for the most part. Wouldn't want to be forced to marry someone they choose, IF they do that, not sure.

Agreed, Act's had tons of issues, just look at Ananias and Sapphira, yikes! Then, comparing today's churches there must be a stark difference in at least, agape love? Only because we have much more devious sin in the world (perhaps because the population has grown immensely?) Satan's image is stamped all over the earth.

And you are correct about God using His people even in the worst generation, amen.
Thanks for your reply.
xx
Yeah . they loved the church AS JESUS LOVED . today the leaders love as does the world . It aint working .
And if we notice the early church corrected sin . OH there is always gonna be errors in the peoples
within churches . BUT the problem is , WHEN it aint corrected IT GROWS .
They had issues , BUT THEM ISSUES GOT CORRECTED .
Since more and more churches have left off the quick correction , THEY LUMPED WORSE and worse .
The only , and boy do i say and mean ONLY , pattern that works for anything and everything , IS THE bibical pattern
But instead the churches began to do what , OVERLOOK more and more sin and errors
all under the banner its lovey do and judge not . WELL they tanked doing that .
ALL error must be corrected in them churches . Any and all error . And the pattern for correction
and all things must be kept . DEEP down in your heart , WHO do you think First set that pattern and WHY .
JESUS DID . and by the SPIRIT the apostels kept it . AND WHY , CAUSE GOD KNOWS HOW TO KEEP THE CHURCH SAFE
and THRIVING . SO we as human beings OUT TO KEEP that identical GOD INSPIRED pattern .
The problem with men is MEN . they always think oh i can do this better . DONT and WONT WORK OUT either .
SO pardon the phrase , BUT ITS TIME TO MAKE DOCTRINE GREAT AGAIN . AKA , PUT IT IN THE CHURCHES .
BIBLE pattern time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women should not sing in the choir on stage with yoga pants on, It isn't a cattle call. Ushers should not wear skin tight jeans, this is the world in the church. 50 yrs ago its unheard of. Wear what you want outside, but not for working and representing the church. Someone coming to church can wear what they want , but the church needs to set an example.
I didnt vote nor am i political so forgive this phrase .
BUT ITS TIME TO MAKE CHURCHES GREAT AGAIN , or actually GODLY AGAIN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who on Earth is in perfect conformity with God?
That is just an excuse to overlook sins and errors .
I suggest we learn from the true apostels , from the SPIRIT inspired pattern they left .
Notice , when writing to the galations
paul wrote and spoke about an error with peter and others .
Notice the letter didnt sound like this
When i came to antioch i found peter in a dissmulation .
NOW CHURCH , HEY , DONT YALL JUDGE THAT MAN , WE OUGHT TO HUG SUCH and make him feel welcome
WE aint perfect church . So i hugged him and told him PAPA GOD IS LOVE .
NOPE . HE didnt write that . are you ready to see what HE DID write .
I REBUKED PETER BEFORE THEM ALL .
SEE that one error peter did , caused many others to QUICKLY GET caught up with the dissumlation .
Even barnbas got caught up and fast with it .
ERROR MOVES IN FAST pard .
Now again lets look at what paul writes to timothy . to titus too .
NOTICE it didnt say this .
Wherefore DONT JUDGE , DONT JUDGE we aint perfect , papa GOD is love .
IT says Wherefore REBUKE THOSE WHO SIN BEFORE ALL that others might ALSO FEAR
or REBUKE THEM SHARPLY that they may be sound in the faith .
This judge not , we aint perfect talk , ITS GOTTA go my friend . IT dont work for the good of any church .
ITS TIME to make correction great again so as the church can grow as it ought too . and not be leavened up .
HOPE that helps . cause i got a whole lot more i can bring about how we ought to be correcting
heck not even eating with brethren who are in sin and wont repent .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good words my friend,
exactly my friend . I have heard some even use that phrase , LOVE IS GOD .
They are building on the the lie and fast too .

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But here is the difference . The early church had true leaders who followed the true pattern
which would build up the churches . Today its the leaders failing the churches and thus they get worse and fast too .
Every church will always need good grounded leadership . But when that fails , THE CHURCH FAILS .
Time to get the BIBLE back in the front of every singel church .
And time to get busy correcting any and all error within those churches and very fast too .
Time to get serious and grave leaders back in the churches again .
Cause when leaven is left uncorrected for sake of unity , the church tankes to the pits of delusion .
The leadership not only wont correct sins and errors anymore , HECK it attacks those who even dare
to make a stand to correct such leaven . THEY SOLD OUT . And i wont be sitting under a one of them that done so .
IF the leadership wont keep the pattern the apostels did , IT AINT TRUE LEADERSHIP .
And if leaders wont repent , BOOT THEM OUT too . Its time to make the DOCTRINE GREAT AGAIN .
Well pure and holy bible doctrine has always been great . SO perhaps i should say ITS TIME TO PREACH THAT
WONDERFUL GREAT SOUND BIBLCAL , PURE AND HOLY PATTERN AGAIN in them churches .
Not sure about that amigo, there were power struggles within the individual churches about ‘ who the people should follow ‘ and in all honesty these struggles existed even with the apostles guiding the churches. There was arguments about the laws, cultures and members being treated unfairly because they were not part of the right Jewish sect. So these church had good teaching , and the gospels from the apostles, as we do , but they still went astray.
Don’t get me wrong , you raise a good point.
Whether we like it or not the Church is made up of people who mess up, at the heart of the gospel is accountability and forgiveness- they go hand in hand, maybe that’s where the balance is out of sync.
We often need to remember the real battle within the spiritual realm, the battle changed directions 2000 years ago , Satans first line of attack would be the Church, so of course there were and always will be issues, conflict ect.
Rita