how does the spirit connect with the body after death and is the body dead? (ressurection) ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Holy999, do you mean how is the spirit reunited with our body at the time of the resurrection of the dead, or did you mean something else?

As far as our bodies go, the death that we suffer here is physical, so yes, it is, in point of fact, our physical bodies that die when we pass on from this life.

At the resurrection we will be given new, glorified/spiritual bodies (spiritual, but somehow physical as well, like the Lord Jesus' body was following His resurrection and still is today), fitted for eternal life.

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
Hello @Holy999, do you mean how is the spirit reunited with our body at the time of the resurrection of the dead, or did you mean something else?

As far as our bodies go, the death that we suffer here is physical, so yes, it is, in point of fact, our physical bodies that die when we pass on from this life.

At the resurrection we will be given new, glorified/spiritual bodies (spiritual, but somehow physical as well, like the Lord Jesus' body was following His resurrection and still is today), fitted for eternal life.

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
if the body waits how

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if the body waits how
Hello again Holy999, I'm not sure that I understand your question(?) To speak of something that is dead (and therefore inanimate) "waiting" seems a bit of an odd thought. It would be like asking how a rock waits ;)

I suppose you could say "in the condition that it was buried in" and/or in a state of decay. I think that I may be misunderstanding your question however, so please elaborate a bit for me.

Thank you :)

--Papa Smurf

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
Hello again Holy999, I'm not sure that I understand your question(?) To speak of something that is dead (and therefore inanimate) "waiting" seems a bit of an odd thought. It would be like asking how a rock waits ;)

I suppose you could say "in the condition that it was buried in" and/or in a state of decay. I think that I may be misunderstanding your question however, so please elaborate a bit for me.

Thank you :)

--Papa Smurf
Hello @Holy999, do you mean how is the spirit reunited with our body at the time of the resurrection of the dead,

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
The resurrection is believed to unite the spirit with the body again

Papa Smurf

Jul 6, 2023
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.........how is the spirit reunited with our body at the time of the resurrection of the dead?
That is something that the Bible never tells us, "how" it happens, that is. We believe that it does because that's what the Bible tells us. Like the Trinitarian Godhead, the Virgin Birth, the Lord Jesus being both 100% human AND 100% God at the same time, God's transcendence, His omnipresence, on and on, etc., what happens at the resurrection of the dead is a Biblical "mystery" (something that cannot be fully understood or explained, at least not on this side of the grave, but that we hold as true anyway because the Bible tells us that it is).

The following verse is a good one to remember when Biblical "mysteries" become the topic of discussion, because it reminds us that while we may not know everything that we 'want' to know right now, God has provided us with all that we 'need' to know to find Him and come to saving faith in Him :Amen:

Deuteronomy 29
29 The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

• Love