How in this ignorant world..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
Then why don't you speak my language, which is the Word of God. I can understand it pretty well. If you use that to show me I'm wrong I'll listen. It's not hard to figure it out.All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: Otherwise it's the folly of mans heart that leads him astray.The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48930)
Sometimes I don't think you can see another meaning to what I'm saying... But I can safely say that some people can see what I'm truly saying.
Then why don't you speak my language, which is the Word of God. I can understand it pretty well. If you use that to show me I'm wrong I'll listen. It's not hard to figure it out.All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:Otherwise it's the folly of mans heart that leads him astray.The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? If you do this I will understand. Or pray for it if I don't

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(cronnie36;48933)
Then why don't you speak my language, which is the Word of God. I can understand it pretty well. If you use that to show me I'm wrong I'll listen. It's not hard to figure it out.All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:Otherwise it's the folly of mans heart that leads him astray.The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? If you do this I will understand. Or pray for it if I don't
Hey Cronnie36: If you speak God's language, what does Genesis 35:11 mean?It's important because that is part of the Abrahamic covenant and included on that covenant was promise of Messiah. The whole story of the bible hinges on that.Just having a little fun this afternoon.
biggrin.gif

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(tim_from_pa;48934)
Hey Cronnie36: If you speak God's language, what does Genesis 35:11 mean?It's important because that is part of the Abrahamic covenant and included on that covenant was promise of Messiah. The whole story of the bible hinges on that.Just having a little fun this afternoon.
biggrin.gif

10 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel. 11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins; 12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land. 13 And God went up from him in the place where he talked with him. 14 And Jacob set up a pillar in the place where he talked with him, even a pillar of stone: and he poured a drink offering thereon, and he poured oil thereon. 15 And Jacob called the name of the place where God spake with him, Bethel. It seems that God keeps His word doesn't it? I believe other than the obvious this also applies.

truth_seeker

Mar 26, 2008
(cronnie36;48821)
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
this is a bad translation from the kings james version bible, which has led to many disputes over decades. because by this verse, people say that god creates evil, but that's what it may not have said in the greek translations.let's take a look at other translations of that same verse from other bibles as well:The NIV says, "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things." (Note it does not say "peace – evil".)The New American Standard Bible says: "The One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these." (Note it does not say "peace – evil".)And the English Standard Version: "I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things."NLT: 7 I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times.(Note it does not say "evil".)Stern's Complete Jewish Bible says: "I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I Adonai do all these thingsThe text from KJV has actually taken the text beyond its intent, and there's alot of other bad translations that have come out of KJV, this is why people have re-written the bible in different versions, hence why we have so many of them. the complete jewish bible and NLT are better translations than the KJV, but that's my opinion.the word "evil" in the KJV is an incorrect translation of the verse. it should've been war, clamity, woe, plauges, diseases etc, etc.important question though to ask yourself ... if he did create evil, then that would imply that He created something to intentionally rebel against His authority? This makes absolutely no sense.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(truth_seeker;48936)
this is a bad translation from the kings james version bible, which has led to many disputes over decades. because by this verse, people say that god creates evil, but that's what it may not have said in the greek translations.let's take a look at other translations of that same verse from other bibles as well:The NIV says, "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things." (Note it does not say "peace – evil".)The New American Standard Bible says: "The One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these." (Note it does not say "peace – evil".)And the English Standard Version: "I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things."NLT: 7 I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times.(Note it does not say "evil".)Stern's Complete Jewish Bible says: "I form light, I create darkness; I make well-being, I create woe; I Adonai do all these thingsThe text from KJV has actually taken the text beyond its intent, and there's alot of other bad translations that have come out of KJV, this is why people have re-written the bible in different versions, hence why we have so many of them. the complete jewish bible and NLT are better translations than the KJV, but that's my opinion.the word "evil" in the KJV is an incorrect translation of the verse. it should've been war, clamity, woe, plauges, diseases etc, etc.important question though to ask yourself ... if he did create evil, then that would imply that He created something to intentionally rebel against His authority? This makes absolutely no sense.
How do you explain those versions be the best over the KJV when you look at my thread in my sig. They have clearly attacked Christ and God's Words.

truth_seeker

Mar 26, 2008
(thesuperjag;48937)
How do you explain those versions be the best over the KJV when you look at my thread in my sig. They have clearly attacked Christ and God's Words.
i wasnt saying those bible-versions are better than KJV. i was simply saying that there are some bad translations from KJV, and there some better translations in other bibles. i'm not saying that everything in KJV is absolutely false or fake, no way, i'm not saying that. but that there are some bad translations in KJV and Isa. 45:7 is a good example of that. because the world "evil" used in KJV in that verse is a bad translation. at that end of the day, we are just humans and we mistakes, and bad translations is one of them. i'm sure everyone can agree to that.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(truth_seeker;48938)
(thesuperjag;48937)
i wasnt saying those bible-versions are better than KJV. i was simply saying that there are some bad translations from KJV, and there some better translations in other bibles. i'm not saying that everything in KJV is absolutely false or fake, no way, i'm not saying that. but that there are some bad translations in KJV and Isa. 45:7 is a good example of that. because the world "evil" used in KJV in that verse is a bad translation. at that end of the day, we are just humans and we mistakes, and bad translations is one of them. i'm sure everyone can agree to that.Yea, that verse is a bad translation, I can safely agree to that for a reason, by looking at other verses like Psalm 97:10, Proverbs 8:13, and the fact that the bible clearly says that Christ is the only sinless person in the world. (II Corinthians 5:21, I Peter 2:22, I John 3:5, Hebrews 4:15) And knowing that Christ is God. (John 1:1, John 10:30, I John 5:7) it is safely clear to say that God can not create evil (ie SIN) As God hates Evil. (Psalm 97:10, Proverbs 8:13)

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(truth_seeker;48936)
Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not. Hell is an evil place He created it and it's torments and if any man denies it then He is likely to fall into it:Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness See how simple it is. There is no way to dispute this unless you have a froward mouth and a wicked imagination. I wish men would spend more time taking God's Word for what it is and learning, and less time running their ignorant mouths and denying the power of God to send us His PERFECT message. Men who do this will die in their ignorance:Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. He doesn't want to punish anyone, but when He does they know why and they will glorify Him whether He listens or not. TO HIS GLORY!! AMEN!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(cronnie;48941)
(truth_seeker;48936)
Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.Hell is an evil place He created it and it's torments and if any man denies it then He is likely to fall into it:Give glory to the LORD your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darknessSee how simple it is.There is no way to dispute this unless you have a froward mouth and a wicked imagination.I wish men would spend more time taking God's Word for what it is and learning, and less time running their ignorant mouths and denying the power of God to send us His PERFECT message. Men who do this will die in their ignorance:Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.He doesn't want to punish anyone, but when He does they know why and they will glorify Him whether He listens or not. TO HIS GLORY!! AMEN!This Hell you speak of doesn't even exist yet. Because nobody (dead or alive) has even reached Judgement Day yet. The only person who is judged by God to the Lake of Fire is Satan. And Satan is still alive and well.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(thesuperjag;48942)
This Hell you speak of doesn't even exist yet. Because nobody (dead or alive) has even reached Judgement Day yet. The only person who is judged by God to the Lake of Fire is Satan. And Satan is still alive and well.
There is alot of scripture to prove the ignorance of your statement but let's go with this so you understand something about God. Ande this is spoken in past tense so behold your folly.For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Actually it speaks in both past and present tense, but do not deny The Word God sent to save you. I didn't post any faces. How do I remove these smileys?

Craig19

Apr 26, 2008
Sigh guys this is useless. Cronnie believe what you want to believe we have shown you the truth over and over yet you still deny it. I pray for you. Again I say you are highlighting certain scriptures and not looking at chapters and the Bible in the whole.God is light and only light. Humans and satan corrupt it. Yes He created us but the evil we do is our own CHOICE it was not created by HIM.Now please can we stop fighting about this if we can not change your mind then lets agree to disagree. But otherwise this is getting pointless.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(Craig19;48967)
Sigh guys this is useless. Cronnie believe what you want to believe we have shown you the truth over and over yet you still deny it. I pray for you. Again I say you are highlighting certain scriptures and not looking at chapters and the Bible in the whole.God is light and only light. Humans and satan corrupt it. Yes He created us but the evil we do is our own CHOICE it was not created by HIM.Now please can we stop fighting about this if we can not change your mind then lets agree to disagree. But otherwise this is getting pointless.
I think I have shown you the truth. You are not exactly cutting my ideas asunder with the Word of God. I think you are trying to avoid what you can't deny. I'm sorry to hear thatHeresy is a dislocation of some complete and self-supporting system of belief, especially a religion, by the introduction of a novel denial of some essential part thereinA heretic is a person who expresses or acts on opinions considered to be heresy.10A man that is a heretic, after the first and second admonition, avoid: 11Knowing that he, that is such an one, is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned by his own judgment. Now you can correct yourself. Isn't the Word great, follow it and you will live.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(tim_from_pa)
Originally Posted by tim_from_pa View PostHey Cronnie36: If you speak God's language, what does Genesis 35:11 mean?It's important because that is part of the Abrahamic covenant and included on that covenant was promise of Messiah. The whole story of the bible hinges on that.Just having a little fun this afternoon.
(cronnie36;48935)
10 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel. 11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins; 12 And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land. 13 And God went up from him in the place where he talked with him. 14 And Jacob set up a pillar in the place where he talked with him, even a pillar of stone: and he poured a drink offering thereon, and he poured oil thereon. 15 And Jacob called the name of the place where God spake with him, Bethel. It seems that God keeps His word doesn't it? I believe other than the obvious this also applies.
cronnie36:You just requoted the passage. To which people does this promise apply?

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
I believe that in the simple fact that God created everything... He had to have also created evil. That doesn't mean He is evil, or even practices evil. It simply means that He created it, and I have no problem with that.God created all things, and He says what is good, and He says what is bad. Just because He created what *is evil*, does not make Him a participent of evil things. Quite the opposite. He created evil to represent everything He *is not*.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(tim_from_pa;48971)
cronnie36:You just requoted the passage. To which people does this promise apply?
How about the seed of Abraham? Am I off track here? Wasn't this originally promised to Abraham and it was counted as righteousness to him because of his faith? Isn't that right? And then salvation came to all through Jesus and all men are now able to seek God without spot. I think this is correct if I am wrong I'm sure you can explain it better to me. Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.Right?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(cronnie36;48984)
How about the seed of Abraham? Am I off track here? Wasn't this originally promised to Abraham and it was counted as righteousness to him because of his faith? Isn't that right? And then salvation came to all through Jesus and all men are now able to seek God without spot. I think this is correct if I am wrong I'm sure you can explain it better to me. Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.Right?
That's right. And the seed of Abraham are the physical descendants and amongst those are seed graphed in even from other family lines. And nations means nations (as in political) and kings means kings as in a genealogy, over these nations.This means that the actual physical seed of Abraham were prophesied to become many nations in whom the blessing to the rest of the world would be given by them. In this age, that is the gospel.Glad we are on the same understanding.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(cronnie36;48969)
I think I have shown you the truth. You are not exactly cutting my ideas asunder with the Word of God. I think you are trying to avoid what you can't deny. I'm sorry to hear thatHeresy is a dislocation of some complete and self-supporting system of belief, especially a religion, by the introduction of a novel denial of some essential part thereinA heretic is a person who expresses or acts on opinions considered to be heresy.10A man that is a heretic, after the first and second admonition, avoid: 11Knowing that he, that is such an one, is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned by his own judgment. Now you can correct yourself. Isn't the Word great, follow it and you will live.
You have not shown much of any truth here but your own God did not create evil for his pleasure as the language shows, saying he did is your word not Godsthe Word fear is better translated Revere as Wakka showed you. So again this is your word not Gods. No one will burn in hell forever they will be turned to ashes/cease to exist

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his nameEver hear of for ever and ever? Because it's eternal torment! And yes to be tossed away from God is a death, but your spirit is eternal and you may wind up with it clothed in filthy putrid rags in hell for ever if you do not give glory to God now, And God is even in hell you will wear what He puts on your spirit. That body will not die.If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. God says what He means the first time and He doesn't need any one to translate or speak for Him. That is lunacy and heresy. I hate this world.