How Iran and Iraq Fulfilled the Ram Butting Southward in Dan 8:4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The video below reveals how Iran fulfilled the ram butting southward, described in Dan 8:4 when it discloses that Iran attacked a Kuwaiti oil terminal in the Persian Gulf and sank oil tankers serving Saudi Arabia during the Iran Iraq War, which took place between 1979 and 1989. This video also reveals that the ram butted southward when Iraqi President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in August of 1990.

Dan 8:4 I saw the ram butting westward, northward, and southward, and no other beasts could stand before him, nor was there anyone to rescue from his power; but he did as he pleased and magnified himself.

How Iran and Iraq Fulfilled the Ram Butting Southward in Dan 8:4

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is the second time that you have posted a similar video based on Daniel 8:4. Unfortunately, the link does not work.

As previously stated in a number of replies in that thread, your interpretation is not in line with the understanding given to Daniel as recorded later in the chapter.

For example: -
As written further on in Daniel 8, we are told the interpretation of the prophecy where the meaning is made plain and is not in line with your interpretation of Daniel 8.​
Daniel 8:20-25: - 20 The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. 21 The shaggy goat represents the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king. 22 The four horns that replaced the broken one represents four kingdoms that will rise from that nation but will not have the same power.​
23 In the latter part of their reign, when the rebellion has reached its full measure, an insolent king, skilled in intrigue, will come to the throne. 24 His power will be great, but it will not be his own. He will cause terrible destruction and succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy the mighty men along with the holy people. 25 Through his craft and by his hand, he will cause deceit to prosper, and in his own mind he will make himself great. In a time of peace, he will destroy many, and he will even stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be broken off, but not by human hands.​
Your understanding does not match up with the quoted passage of Daniel 8 which explains the interpretation with respect to the nations, that we should have, of Daniel 8:3-14. Your presented interpretation is going against this passage.​
If you want to understand what is happening to the Land of Babylon during our present time, I suggest that you spend time considering Jeremiah 50-51 as Jeremiah's prophetic words in these two chapters cover Present Day Babylon, which was called Iraq when the Middle East was divided up by France and Britian. This we can read in the historical records. Jeremiah tells us that Babylon will be made desolate and be devastated for a period of time a little longer that 2,000 years, beginning around the year 120 BC and ending in 1926 AD as prophesised in Revelation 16:17-21.​
The 2,300-day prophecy in Daniel 8:13-14, where the 2,300 days represent 2,300 years, began around 250 BC and will end around 20-25 years from now.​
Sadly my toes will have curled upwards by around then and I will probably not see the ending of this particular prophecy in Daniel 8.​

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You posted essential the same thing in the thread How Saddam Hussein Fulfilled Ram Butting Northward in Dan 8:4

The video below reveals that during the Iran Iraq War, which took place between 1979 and 1989 Saddam Hussein, who symbolized the second longer horn that come up last in the vision in Dan 8, fulfilled the ram butting northward, which is described in Dan 8:4, when he put down several Kurdish rebellions in the north.
Dan 8:4 I saw the ram butting westward, northward, and southward, and no other beasts could stand before him, nor was there anyone to rescue from his power; but he did as he pleased and magnified himself.
How Saddam Hussein Fulfilled Ram Butting Northward in Dan 8:4

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 2,300-day prophecy in Daniel 8:13-14, where the 2,300 days represent 2,300 years, began around 250 BC and will end around 20-25 years from now.
Dan 8:14 And he said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored.” Evenings and mornings are not years. Start reading the scriptures.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Try reading.

I would read the link you provided in this thread but it does not work.
Dan 8:14 And he said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored.” Evenings and mornings are not years. Start reading the scriptures.

Well, I do not disagree with scriptures in Daniel 8:14, however, in the Book of Daniel, a day often represented a year in the prophecies that he recorded. But who is arguing about that. Daniel 8:14 started around 250 BC and will end in another 20-25 years from now. Revelation 16:12-16 tells us that the, as also recorded in Isaiah 24:21-22, that the beasts of Daniel 7:1-12, fallen heavenly hosts, and the kings of the earth will be judged and then imprisoned in a pit, i.e., the Bottomless pit for many days, namely 1,000 years before it is unlocked for the little while period.

It seems to me that you are grasping a straws and trying to reach conclusion without really understanding God's prophetic utterances.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It’s actually 1150 days as one morning and one evening equals one day

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel chapter 8:3 to 8:11. The Ram is America. The lost house of Israel is always referred to as lost sheep. The scholar of verse 7 is a political wound to president Nixon. He left office. One term president. Verse 8 is the United nations. Near future, the one world political system receives deadly wound. Verse 9, the little horn is satan in his role as antichrist. He heals deadly wound by establishing world peace. Now its a one world religious system. Antichrist will come near future.

jamesdalbright

Apr 30, 2023
PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel chapter 8:3 to 8:11. The Ram is America. The lost house of Israel is always referred to as lost sheep. The scholar of verse 7 is a political wound to president Nixon. He left office. One term president. Verse 8 is the United nations. Near future, the one world political system receives deadly wound. Verse 9, the little horn is satan in his role as antichrist. He heals deadly wound by establishing world peace. Now its a one world religious system. Antichrist will come near future.
If you go through Dan 8 word for word from the beginning and post how every point found in every verse was fulfilled you will see how far off your view is.