How Is It For You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wayofthespirit

More often partly wrong than wholly right
Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
I mean ‘between you and God’

One thing that I feel strongly about is that both the question and the answer is ‘between you and God’ and ‘between me and God’, and ought not to be between you and me in terms of each telling the other how it should be.

But that is how I feel and whether or not you feel likewise is between you and God.

You think that you should tell others how it should be for them?

Well fair enough if that’s how it is for you.

This thread is for you to tell others how it is for you (if you wish to do so)

I will chip in to tell you how it is for me, but if you wish to wait until I have done so before telling how it is for you, then that too is fair enough.

Do you understand what I’m asking, or have I woken up in this morning in the land of Gobbledegook?

wayofthespirit

More often partly wrong than wholly right
Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
This morning I’m thinking in particular about the way in which God speaks to us (well…… the way that he speaks to me)
For me (acknowledging that it’s different for others) God does not speak via my five human senses (in that he doesn’t do so by written words that I can see, nor does he appear in person to my human eye, nor does he speak audibly to my human ear)
Written words may well frequently be the means that he uses in order to speak to me but it’s only one means together with many others.
I believe that God speaks to me via ‘dreams and visions’ but that, for me, is not seeing God with the human eye.
Also I believe that whereas God spoke differently to ‘man’ before Christ came into the world ‘in the flesh’, he now principally ‘speaks’ to me via ‘Christ within’

And if you insist on ‘written words’ in support of how I feel that God ‘speaks’ to me then I give you 2 Cor. 3:3-6
“the epistle of Christ written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart; not of the letter, for the letter kills, but of the spirit that gives life”.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
Feelings are Important. And the Spirit of God can give signs through many means. Conciquence of events, etc. But, Jesus had to fulfill the law. Which is why he quoted scripture so much, and talked to those who don't get it in parables. To make them think. So they could make a descision. Hopefully the right one. He says we need to follow his example, in obeying the law, in the same way he fulfilled it. Even though we don't measure up to it.