How to resolve conflicts among Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said in Matthew 18:

15“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
Paul added in 1 Corinthians 6:

1 If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? ... 4 Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? 5 I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother takes another to court—and this in front of unbelievers!
7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?

Last edited:

Dr. Jonathan Österman

Jan 5, 2024
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

How to resolve conflicts among Christians?​

If I remembered it correctly, our Lord Christ Jesus warned us against being judgemental toward any people, and also against fault-finding in any people.

And Christ also urged us to love our enemies, and to turn the other cheek to them too, if need be.

I am not complaining, but it would be nice if I saw more of that on this forum.

Reactions: Rita and Lambano

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said in Matthew 18:
>15“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

Paul added in
1 Corinthians 6:
>1 If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? ... 4 Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, do you ask for a ruling from those whose way of life is scorned in the church? 5 I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers? 6But instead, one brother takes another to court—and this in front of unbelievers!
>
>7 The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?
Totally agree. But as a note I might add this. We live in difficult times--a time when Christianity is eroding in formerly Christian states. Christendom has always been "sketchy," but it is getting even more sketchy as the consensus of those who wish to cater to their carnality grows. "Leaven leavens the whole lump."

I've tried this process in my own church in the past, and the result was surprising. The church leadership turned against me, my wife, and my family. I conceded, and left the issue up to God. However, we were absolutely in the right, and things went south for the church.

It really was a serious moral issue, but we had to let it go. I don't think our church has ever fully recovered--not just from what they did to us, but also from what was in them to start with to make them respond as they did.

I say this because even though you operate by the proper process, we have to recognize that anything can be corrupted. The very people we report to may themselves suffer from bias and corruption. We simply have to look to the Lord, particularly when there is nobody else to look to. We will be vindicated if we are right.

I know we could've just jumped ship, and found another church. However, we were trusting the Lord, and thought that if we remained humble, and truly gave things over to the Lord, perhaps the church will conform to our example rather than follow the leadership in their corruption?

In fact, they were good people in many ways, and only corrupt in their presumptions. We had to give them time to correct their own behavior under their own relationship with God. God did not make me a prophet to them.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
***Spirit of Variance (strife)
***Spiritual Ego

In which case our only options are to stop... Give them a strange look.... And then hastily go on our way!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know we could've just jumped ship, and found another church. However, we were trusting the Lord, and thought that if we remained humble, and truly gave things over to the Lord, perhaps the church will conform to our example rather than follow the leadership in their corruption?
That's admirable, Brother. God will reward you for that one way or another :)

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's admirable, Brother. God will reward you for that one way or another :)
Thanks Tony, I can tell what kind of Christian you are. And I give you all my encouragement and support. Wonderful questions!

I love trying to answer questions. I have had relatively few encounters from God in my dreams. But one dream was particularly outstanding. In my dream God spoke (apart from the dream) and informed me that He could answer any question I have.

I woke up, realizing what God had said to me, and immediately began to ask God tough questions. As I did so, answers came immediately to my mind. Excitedly I went to my wife, who was already awake, and told her to ask me anything!

After awhile, the euphoria ended, and I certainly don't feel that God always gives me answers. But I do know that He can answer questions, if He wants to, and often does want to give us answers.

Isn't it amazing that when you're with an unbeliever or needy Christian that the Holy Spirit immediately gives you things to say?

I'm not particularly conversational or articulate, by nature. But I enjoy the ability of the Holy Spirit to give us wisdom when we ask. A wonderful old saintly lady exhorted us in class many, many years ago: "Ask for Wisdom!" :)

Many blessings, Tony.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

How to resolve conflicts among 'Christians'?​

Don't engage them on anything meaningful. They've decided their bias.....their judgement a foregone conclusion.