How is Love, greater than Faith, and Hope?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister marvelous when you see this thread , BRING THE TRUE DEFINITION of CHARITY that i posted .
This fellow follows and knows only sensual love . Its time to show what the true agape biblical definitoin of CHARTIY TRULY IS
AND WHAT IT AINT .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sister marvelous when you see this thread , BRING THE TRUE DEFINITION of CHARITY that i posted .
This fellow follows and knows only sensual love . Its time to show what the true agape biblical definitoin of CHARTIY TRULY IS
AND WHAT IT AINT .
With please dear brother @amigo de christo
Praise the Lord.

Here, my brother in Christ explains the definition of God’s love, (charity in our KJV bibles).

“Let us understand the love that comes From God .
For GOD is love and love comes from God .
If we have not charity then it profits us nothing .
So let us examine well for ourselves what charity truly is according to God . According to the truth .
For if we have not charity , i warn us all it profits us nothing .
Many can claim to KNOW GOD , yet if they have not charity , they lie and walk in darkness .
So its very important that we truly do have charity .
For our source i shall take us to the bible . To show us what the true version of charity truly is and what it entails .
If i came hollering GOD is love yet i shot up a building , would anyone believe that i knew GOD or truly had love . OF course not . Murder is evil . its not love .
Now let us examine the charity that the true church knew and taught .
Open bibles to corinthians chapter thirteen .
As we see paul is busy writing to the corinthain church to express the dire importance of having charity .
Let us examine a few things .
IF we read , we notice that paul says that even if i gave my BODY to be burned and had not Charity it would profit me nothing .
SO having CHARITY is a dire needful thing . Lets look again at what He says .
Even if i gave ALL OF MY GOODS TO THE POOR , yet had not charity it profits me nothing .
So lets examine this as well . EVEN IF gave all of my goods , ALL of them , YET had not charity it profits me nothing .
Notice he said ALL of my goods . SO is it possible to be a giver to the poor and yet not have charity . YES IT IS . I was in boyscouts once
we were well taught to do good to people , to give to others . YET i was a pagan lost in my sin who knew not GOD and had not charity .
YES one can have charitable acts and yet STILL not have charity .
SO we better dig in real deep to what CHARITY TRULY IS . CAUSE If we do not have it , WE DO NOT KNOW GOD .
Ever wonder why JESUS said , that many will say , BUT LORD didnt we do many good works in your name , YET HE STILL says I NEVER KNEW YOU ...................YE who worked what .......................INQUITY .
SO lets continue on . Paul says very clear what CHARITY IS and what it IS NOT .
Charity LOVETH TRUTH . TRUTH . IT REJOICES IN TRUTH . TRUTH .
Charity does NOT , however REJOICE IN INQUITY . As we see that is the reason JESUS said DEPART FROM ME , YE WHO WORKED INQUITY .
But let us continue . It goes on to say that charity does not behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
SO if we behave unseeminly ITS PROOF we do NOT have charity .
NOW GOD IS LOVE . WE better KNOW that we have HIS LOVE , HIS CHARITY UPON OUR HEARTS .
FOR if we love not , IF we have not charity , IT wont matter if i gave all my goods to the poor . IT PROFITS ME NOTHING .
SO let us examine to see what things are unseemingly .
For that i invite us to read romans chapter one .
Notice it says back biters , haters of God
Let me quoate something .
And likewise even the men gave up the natural use of the woman and burned in their lust one towards another
Working that WHICH IS UNSEEMINGLY .
OH dear . That means it wont matter if folks gave all the goods they had to the poor , IF THEY behave UNSEEMINGLY , THEY AINT GOT CHARITY .
Now let that sink in . I LOVE FOLKS . ITS WHY I WARN any who calls themselves christain to repent of inquity .
I mean if we do not have charity , WE DOOMED . WE are not of GOD . And do remember that charity REJOICES ONLY IN THE TRUTH
NOT in inquity . IT DONT HONOR SIN . IT DONT call sin good . It dont allow sin upon its brothers . IT warns folks .
I allow my near and dear sister to post the verses to all from corinithains chapter thirteen and romans chapter one .
I DO THIS OUT OF LOVE FOR ALL PEOPLES . EVEN THOSE WHO HATE ME MOST . MY DESIRE IS LIFE FOR EVEN THOSE WHO WISH MY DEATH .
WE better KNOW we have CHARITY . OR WE DONT KNOW GOD . Its just another jesus and another gosple and that cannot save . “

“For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:26-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:1-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Reactions: MatthewG

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a simple question . How come when biblical charity shows up folks get quiet . Specially when romans ONE comes attached .
Why is this church age so fearful of this rainbow agenda .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman’s moves on from chapter 1,

Apostle Paul stated to the saints at Rome,

“Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:1-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman’s moves on from chapter 1,

Apostle Paul stated to the saints at Rome,

“Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:1-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Do ye not judge those who are within , GOD judges those who are outside , THEREFORE put that man OUT .
Paul wrote that as well .
It aint condmening to Warn folks not to sin . Its condmenation and hate to allow them to continue in sin .
Folks are terrified about this rainbow agenda . Terrified . BUT IF WE LOVE them we would warn them .
IF any brother or sister is in sin , we warn them to cease said sin . PEROID .
YE shall not hate your neighbor in your heart . DO you realize that we are not to hate our neighbor .
SO allow me to finish that .
YE shall not hate your nieghbor in your heart , you shall in any way rebuke , correct him and not allow sin upon him .
SO not correcting but rather allowing brethren to reamin in sin , IS HATE . HE who hates his brethren walks in darkness
and is a murderer and ye know that no murderer has eternal life in them .
I suggest you start learning the entire new testament for YOURSELF . Hurry mathew , cause some of the things
you teach are dire dangerous and deadly for one to beleive it and worse to also teach it to others .
I am just trying to help you .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for you trying to help me, but I don’t go around pestering you to change, so please be mindful of allowing me the freedom to be my own person in Christ.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for you trying to help me, but I don’t go around pestering you to change, so please be mindful of allowing me the freedom to be my own person in Christ.
That is why the churches have truly fallen . Everyone thinks he or she is entitled to their own opinion , even when the opinions
go directly against scripture , against Christ and etc . And most folks just let it be . That is why the churches leavened so full so fast .
No one wants to truly help anyone . THEY had rather just hug and get along and do so at the cost of truth .
I wish folks would just return to bibles and truly learn THAT JESUS , that gospel , and all things the apostels taught .
We cant pick and choose what things to beleive .
I mean if you are trying to bake a pumpkin pie and you have all the directions in a cook book
but you decide hey i will take this out or hey maybe i will add something else in , IT WONT BE PUMPKIN PIE at the end .
SO if we call our selves christain , WELL WE BETTER make sure we are . LEARN that JESUS , learn that doctrine well .

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do ye not judge those who are within , GOD judges those who are outside , THEREFORE put that man OUT .
Paul wrote that as well .
It aint condmening to Warn folks not to sin . Its condmenation and hate to allow them to continue in sin .
Folks are terrified about this rainbow agenda . Terrified . BUT IF WE LOVE them we would warn them .
IF any brother or sister is in sin , we warn them to cease said sin . PEROID .
YE shall not hate your neighbor in your heart . DO you realize that we are not to hate our neighbor .
SO allow me to finish that .
YE shall not hate your nieghbor in your heart , you shall in any way rebuke , correct him and not allow sin upon him .
SO not correcting but rather allowing brethren to reamin in sin , IS HATE . HE who hates his brethren walks in darkness
and is a murderer and ye know that no murderer has eternal life in them .
I suggest you start learning the entire new testament for YOURSELF . Hurry mathew , cause some of the things
you teach are dire dangerous and deadly for one to beleive it and worse to also teach it to others .
I am just trying to help you .
Amen this passage came to mind at our life group Tuesday night. The retired pastors wife was struggling with an unsaved person at work who frequently uses the Lords name in vain. After listening to everyone's advice the Lord brought that passage to mind and I shared its not up to us to judge them, if they were a professing Christian then you might be able to have that discussion with them. Her husband ( pastor ) affirmed what I said and we left it at that. Pretty much ended that discussion.

Reactions: amigo de christo

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: How is LOVE Greater than faith and hope?:
My ponderings about this Wonderful Matter:

A) It Existed ("God Is LOVE") Eternally Before man, and
"faith and hope" existed. Comparing them, then we have:​

B) Faith (one-sided) is our responding to God's Gracious, and
LOVING Offer Of HIS Precious SON For The ETERNAL Salvation
of our souls.​

C) Hope (Also one-sided) is our "looking, watching, And Patiently waiting
For our Blessed Hope," The Coming Of our Great God And Saviour,
Jesus Christ, to "glorify" us, and Take us To our ETERNAL Home! Amen?​

D) LOVE Then Is The Greatest, Being TWO-Sided, (1) Coming From God,
and "Shed Abroad In our hearts," by faith, and Then, as we submit to
His Leading, (2) being shown to others through all of our "good works"!!

"And now abideth faith, hope, Charity, these three; but The
Greatest of these is Charity (LOVE)!" (1 Corinthians_13:13)
GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

There was a time in my life where I deemed knowledge greater than everything else. I still do believe that Knowledge of God from the biblical source called the bible is still valid today and will forever be when ever my death comes and I am taken away from this world. Knowledge puffs up a person, did you know that is in the bible? 1 Corinthians 8:1; is where this is found stated by Paul of course he goes on to talk about sexual sin among the assembly there in Corinth. So knowledge puffs up, it puffs up ones ego, and I am sure am guilty of having it happen to me where I have become prideful over another, surely you have too.

Your heart can become callous, towards another person sometimes if you believe that knowledge is the power to win an argument or a fight online of all places, to be in a setting like that at your own home where you desire to have peace, rest and comfort to fight over who decides which Television Show had the best scene based on your knowledge of all the script doesn't mean really jack. Neither one of you are going to have comfort, or rest, or peace, because one is going to be puffed up against the other.

Love however builds up, it edifies and uplifts another, it is so important to take in and consider other peoples views even if you disagree with them, and simply acknowledge them as human beings that are part of the body of Christ, or even if they are an unbeliever, to have love towards them as they are. Do you not think Jesus would do the same thing? He loved you as you were when you came to him, did he not?

So why is love greater than faith, and hope? Love being the greatest is because you need to have it first, for God and for Others.

If you deem yourself right all the time without consideration of other points of views (which personally in my own life I have seen all types of different views having never going to church but studying under someone who brought those differences up to let the viewer know that there are different points of views on these things), without saying nah nah nah you're wrong, and this is how I am gonna prove that you are wrong by saying my opinion and that is it, or sharing scripture that points out my own view and obscuring another into a corner where the normal reaction is to fight their way out so that they do not get punched in the face, and be agitated by the individual who is putting me down as those they are superior.

Get this my friend, no one is better than the other. Remember that always, that God desires us to love our neighbor as ourselves, and that even includes allowing people to have freedom of expression and thoughts, and differing opinions, and it is okay. Many claim that they believe in the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour, who am I to judge them? All I know is that Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

Which one is important to you?
God is LOVE. Faith and hope are fruit of the Spirit for those of us who live in a fallen world. Think of it, in heaven, will we need faith and hope? No. There will be no doubt as to our eternal future, it will be fixed, it will be certain. Right now, for many the future looks grim and our faith is weak at times so we are hopeful. Love never fails, faith and hope sometimes do, we loose them.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

There was a time in my life where I deemed knowledge greater than everything else. I still do believe that Knowledge of God from the biblical source called the bible is still valid today and will forever be when ever my death comes and I am taken away from this world. Knowledge puffs up a person, did you know that is in the bible? 1 Corinthians 8:1; is where this is found stated by Paul of course he goes on to talk about sexual sin among the assembly there in Corinth. So knowledge puffs up, it puffs up ones ego, and I am sure am guilty of having it happen to me where I have become prideful over another, surely you have too.

Your heart can become callous, towards another person sometimes if you believe that knowledge is the power to win an argument or a fight online of all places, to be in a setting like that at your own home where you desire to have peace, rest and comfort to fight over who decides which Television Show had the best scene based on your knowledge of all the script doesn't mean really jack. Neither one of you are going to have comfort, or rest, or peace, because one is going to be puffed up against the other.

Love however builds up, it edifies and uplifts another, it is so important to take in and consider other peoples views even if you disagree with them, and simply acknowledge them as human beings that are part of the body of Christ, or even if they are an unbeliever, to have love towards them as they are. Do you not think Jesus would do the same thing? He loved you as you were when you came to him, did he not?

So why is love greater than faith, and hope? Love being the greatest is because you need to have it first, for God and for Others.

If you deem yourself right all the time without consideration of other points of views (which personally in my own life I have seen all types of different views having never going to church but studying under someone who brought those differences up to let the viewer know that there are different points of views on these things), without saying nah nah nah you're wrong, and this is how I am gonna prove that you are wrong by saying my opinion and that is it, or sharing scripture that points out my own view and obscuring another into a corner where the normal reaction is to fight their way out so that they do not get punched in the face, and be agitated by the individual who is putting me down as those they are superior.

Get this my friend, no one is better than the other. Remember that always, that God desires us to love our neighbor as ourselves, and that even includes allowing people to have freedom of expression and thoughts, and differing opinions, and it is okay. Many claim that they believe in the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour, who am I to judge them? All I know is that Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

Which one is important to you?

You pretty much covered it Matt, but I will add, love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet 4:8