How Is Your Mall Doing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to love radio shack. I grew up creating LED projects and timer projects. We used to have a HeNe LASER that we applied to a spinning slanted mirror to make a light show. Smoking cigars for the smoke effect. Then when I experimented I would go to Radio Shack and Frys Electronics for my magnetic wiring and UV lamps. Ah the days or gone now I just work on theory now, much cheaper and takes less of my efforts.

takes a long time for parts that have to come from China, too. There are over 1,000 resisters in here (not mine) and it is either excessive or a life time supply

Thats not my deal it is just the makeshift lab I live with

Both of these sound seriously cool. (You can tell I’m an engineering nerd.)

Reactions: DuckieLady

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of these sound seriously cool. (You can tell I’m an engineering nerd.)
One time we opened up the gas laser and I accidentally touched one of the connectors probably the Cathode and bam, I got the shock of a lifetime. I think they run about 4,000 volts AC. Didn't do that again :(

54b54725d1946339327126a6bc3ce3d9d57be73e1509c9d798e50189874304a1_1.jpg

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about the mall but the shopping center nearby is really busy, I hear.

I can't say I would miss the mall if it were to go under, though it might indicate some economic problems.

As a young girl, I used to like walking around the mall, now I just get a bad feeling like I'm very out of place.

I get all my clothes from secondhand and thrift stores. I don't think Ill ever go back to shopping at the mall. If I want something new, I tend to buy from an online boutique.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time we opened up the gas laser and I accidentally touched one of the connectors probably the Cathode and bam, I got the shock of a lifetime. I think they run about 4,000 volts AC. Didn't do that again :(

Remember the days of taking vacuum tubes in to Radio Shack to be tested? Daddy used to fix his friends' TV sets, radios, and such. When he had one of those things open, he told us to never, ever touch anything. Even when unplugged, they had some huge capacitance that stored up some serious DC charge. You could get zapped real easily.