How Jesus has ALREADY Reconciled Us and the World unto God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!!....without Faith that comes from God, then there is no faith at all, just their own human faith...some are blinded to the truth I’m afraid...
Some even deny the word of God below....
1 Corinthians 12
King James BiblePar ▾
Spiritual Gifts Bestowed
1Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 2Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
But some, like you, have no idea whatsoever what it is talking about.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1:5-8

5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Ephesians 4:14
So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by EVERY WIND OF DOCTRINE, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JBO
Why do you put up with it, being called ignorant, lacking understanding, almost (maybe has) calling you an unbeliever?

Galatians 6:5-8
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But some, like you, have no idea whatsoever what it is talking about.

When you understand what it means, that God gives us Faith?...then just maybe, we can have a deep discussion in the Spirit...instead of discussing in the flesh?

Only God can give us Faith...as per his word says..

Romans 12:3​

King James Version​

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Without God’s measure of faith given unto us.....how can our Faith grow in our heart/ spirit?

Gods seed is placed in the heart of his child.....where it will grow and flourish...why....because God planted it there, via his Holy Spirit...we cannot know God without his Spirit?

God given Faith grows in the heart of his child, because they have been given it by God?

John 3:6​

King James Version​

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.which means?

we are Alive in Christ....?

How do we know we are Alive in Christ?

Romans 8:9​

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”

What is God saying when he says we aren’t in the flesh but in the Spirit?

You are the one who doesn’t know what I’m talking about and your ignorance regarding “ all scripture “ that I post, is clearly noted....
If you preach that I haven’t a clue what I’m talking about, then PLEASE challenge the word of God that has been posted?
Instead of repeating the same old same old, that you do..

I have been Born Again of imperishable seed....if it’s not the seed of God, the Holy Spirit, then what is it?

You said God doesn’t give us Faith...his word proves you wrong?

1 Corinthians 12
King James BiblePar ▾
Spiritual Gifts Bestowed
1Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 2Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
4Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Human faith is nothing without the Spirit?...or are you saying God is a liar?..

Tell me....who leads you through scripture?

1 Corinthians 2:14​

King James Version​

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Faith is only given to those that hear and believe the Gospel. "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.
John 6:44
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

New Living Translation
For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up.

English Standard Version
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day

Instead to repeating yourself to me...with a few verses..challenge the scripture I post please?

Let’s have a deep and meaningful discussion in the Spirit?

How can we have God given Faith....without God giving it to us, via his Spirit?

How can human faith know that God exists?

Only God given Faith, that we receive when we have been Born Again of imperishable seed , it’s the Holy Spirit who gives us Faith....human faith I’m afraid..is no faith at all.

Faith is given to those who the Father draws to Jesus and believes in his Name..there is NO Faith given by God without believing in Jesus...( even belief in Jesus comes from God)..we’ve already established that..........we are then, Born Again of imperishable seed?the seed has been planted into our hearts, the seed of God Given “ FAITH “ that seed is the Holy Spirit...then we have the God given Faith to know that Jesus truly existed....

Romans 12:3

King James Version

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

We are also in the Spirit...if you don’t believe me, then I suggest you challenge what God says, that I have been posting.

Romans 8:9​

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”.....

What is God saying , when he says we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit?

Do you think Gods word is dead?...or Alive and Active?

1 Peter 1:23
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

New Living Translation
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

English Standard Version
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Faith is given by God, as per scripture I posted.

I have been Born Again of imperishable seed..
I was Born Again like the wind, as per Gods word says.

How you received faith, I have no idea,...I received God given Faith, when I was Born Again of imperishable seed....that is Gods word.....and it can never die or be taken away.

I was Born Again as per the word of God says...we must be Born Again, as Gods word says...what does that mean?

The Holy Spirit lives in my heart....I am “ Alive” in Christ and I walk in the Spirit?

How would I know that I am walking in the Spirit?

Are you calling God a Liar?

1 Corinthians 12
King James BiblePar ▾
Spiritual Gifts Bestowed

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

RECONCILIATION -KJ DICTONARY
noun
1. The act of reconciling parties at variance; renewal of friendship after disagreement or enmity.
( The sin of disobedience caused the fall of Adam, therefore all men are born in and of sin.)
Romans 5:19-22
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
...............… But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: that as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

2. In Scripture, the means by which sinners are reconciled and brought into a state of favor with God, after natural estrangement or enmity; the atonement; expiation.
( This will only ever happen in Christ)
John 1:1-14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Jesus said,
John 8:
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

We are reconciled to God only by the atoning blood of Jesus, for without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. Hebrews 9:22-28.

Once again James 1:5, if any lack wisdom, let him as of God.........

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Spiritual Blessings
(Romans 8:28–34)

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. 4For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the Beloved One.

7In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And He has made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to bring all things in heaven and on earth together in Christ.

11In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, would be for the praise of His glory.

13And in Him, having heard and believed the word of truth—the gospel of your salvation—you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the pledge of our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession, to the praise of His glory

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nowhere does it ever say that faith is a gift from God. If it were, He would give it to everyone. You are probably thinking of Ephesians 2:8, but you would be wrong. The gift is salvation, salvation by grace through faith.

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

The word "that" is from the Greek "touto" which is in the neuter gender. It cannot refer back either to grace or to faith which are both feminine genders. It must then refer back to the entire phrase, "by grace you have been saved through faith".

The words "it is" doesn't exist in the Greek. It is supplied by the English translators/interpreters.

The power to believe could well be considered a gift, but it is a gift given to the whole of humanity in creation. The power or ability to believe and the act of believing are two different things entirely. Grace is God's part; believing in God is man's part. God has given us the entire Bible which holds all the information and data to convince us of the truth of God, His person and His work. Everything you need is there to believe God and to trust God. Believing and trusting God is, by definition having faith in God,
Faith is a Gift of God and no where does it say Faith isn't the Gift of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TULIP is absolute heresy.

Peter says in 1 Peter 1:1-2 that the elect are according to the foreknowledge of God; that is not according to predestination. God knew who would love him and it is those who are called according to His purpose (Rom 8:28). The rest of Romans 8:29-30 follows from that.
TULIP is the Gospel, so your attitude towards the Gospel Truth is being manifested.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is a wonderful spiritual gift from God!!
Faith/Believing is because of Grace which Grace is the Gift of God. True believers believe because of Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Grace is a Gift Eph 3:7

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Believers were also made believers according to the Gift of the Grace of God given by the effectual working of His Power.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word available to all...is Gods Living seed...you do not need to read a Bible to receive the Living seed of God.
Yes, without the Bible all you can believe about God is that He exists. Without the Bible you can know and believe nothing about Jesus, the Son of God, or the Holy Spirit. Without the Bible you can know and believe nothing about salvation or the need for it.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Faith/Believing is because of Grace which Grace is the Gift of God. True believers believe because of Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Grace is a Gift Eph 3:7

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Believers were also made believers according to the Gift of the Grace of God given by the effectual working of His Power.

Ephesians 2:10 ESV / 8 helpful votes​

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, without the Bible all you can believe about God is that He exists. Without the Bible you can know and believe nothing about Jesus, the Son of God, or the Holy Spirit. Without the Bible you can know and believe nothing about salvation or the need for it.
Sorry..without the Holy Spirit you would only be leading yourself through scripture.

Hogwash..we are Born Again like the wind, you don’t need a Bible for that to happen...that’s just your carnal thinking.

After we become Born Again of imperishable seed...we then go and buy a Bible....as it is the Living seed of God that we read..and without his Living word, the Bible...we could never get to know him...that’s our spiritual food for a Born Again....we have been Born of Gods seed....therefore we belong to him and Spirit who lives in our heart, leads us through scripture.

Your understanding of the Holy Spirit are very limited..imo....and yet again no in-depth discussion in the Spirit...just your personal hogwash.

Challenge me in scripture....not personal remarks?.. @JBO

Once again...limited talk in the Spirit

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Born Again of imperishable seed?....yes?
Yes.

1Pe 1:23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

But I don't think you have the faintest notion of what the living and abiding word of God even is. What do you think the living and abiding word of God is? Where do you find it? Wondering around in your head somewhere?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes.

1Pe 1:23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

But I don't think you have the faintest notion of what the living and abiding word of God even is. What do you think the living and abiding word of God is? Where do you find it? Wondering around in your head somewhere?
Are you trolling?

I have explained to you in depth, what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed.

Now, you explain where the Living word of God lives?

How were you Born again of imperishable seed?

Is the Holy Spirit Alive in your heart?

We are Born Again like the wind?

A Born Again has been ...Spirit gives birth to spirit?
Flesh gives birth to flesh?

So, my question to you is...why haven’t you been able to interpret scripture that I posted?

Instead of firing back with personal comments?

What kind of question is that to me, that you have just posted?
Not sure why you don’t understand God’s Living word?

Did you receive God’s seed into your heart?

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry..without the Holy Spirit you would only be leading yourself through scripture.

Hogwash..we are Born Again like the wind, you don’t need a Bible for that to happen...that’s just your carnal thinking.

After we become Born Again of imperishable seed...we then go and buy a Bible....as it is the Living seed of God that we read..and without his Living word, the Bible...we could never get to know him...that’s our spiritual food for a Born Again....we have been Born of Gods seed....therefore we belong to him and Spirit who lives in our heart, leads us through scripture.

Your understanding of the Holy Spirit are very limited..imo....and yet again no in-depth discussion in the Spirit...just your personal hogwash.

Challenge me in scripture....not personal remarks?.. @JBO

Once again...limited talk in the Spirit
Do you seriously believe that you are born again and then you read about God in the Bible? Now that is the epitome of personal hogwash, your personal hogwash.

Status
Not open for further replies.