How many ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul So do you ever occasionally put in 2 such pairs at the same time?
I had my ears pierced first time when I was 16...Mom took me to our family doctor and had done for my birthday gift......I had them pierced again when my daughter was getting hers done but she got scared so I let them do mine first so she could watch and to help ease her fears....
What sucks is my ears are allergic to most metals so I can't wear earrings because my ear lobes swell up too much...and they become very painful.

Reactions: farouk

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jennifer So did you do it in the end?
No. I didn't have the money for it. The piercing jewelry piece was more then what I could bargain for so I changed my mind and bought me something different instead..it's ok I'm not worried about it..it was just something I thought of doing..but I don't really need to do...and I don't think it matters if it's a needle or gun..just make sure it's someone you can trust and know what they doing so well your ears don't get infected or something...

Last edited:
Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No. I didn't have the money for it. The piercing jewelry piece was more then what I could bargain for so I changed my mind and bought me something different instead..it's ok I'm not worried about it..it was just something I thought of doing..but I don't really need to do...and I don't think it matters if it's a needle or gun..just make sure it's someone you can trust and know what they doing so well your ears don't get infected or something...
Not sure how much Claire's costs (but you might not feel like going to Claire's in any case...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I had my ears pierced first time when I was 16...Mom took me to our family doctor and had done for my birthday gift......I had them pierced again when my daughter was getting hers done but she got scared so I let them do mine first so she could watch and to help ease her fears....
What sucks is my ears are allergic to most metals so I can't wear earrings because my ear lobes swell up too much...and they become very painful.
@Heart2Soul
If you didn't mind enlarging the holes just a bit then you could always wear the chunky wooden ones that don't have the metal that you're allergic to.
(i.e., the little ones; not necessarily the big ones).

Plugs & Tunnels | Ear Stretching Plugs | Ear Gauges Online

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to make the holes really big; in the link, some of the selection are for quite small holes with wooden ones. You must know, anyway.
As a nurse In have seen some major complications as a result of this type of piercings. It is disastrous and disfiguring in such a permanent way and you can't undo it without having it done surgically.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As a nurse In have seen some major complications as a result of this type of piercings. It is disastrous and disfiguring in such a permanent way and you can't undo it without having it done surgically.
Some of the bigger ones, certainly; some of the smaller ones are for 10 gauge, which is only 2.5mm. For some ppl who can't use metal, but don't want to make the holes too big, these small wooden ones might be an option, anyway.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
How many ear piercings? None.
@RainAndIceCream Thanks for your comment.

At the small local church where my wife and I have attended, it seemed a while ago that a majority of the boys/young men would be wearing earrings. While nowadays earring wearing is such a widespread custom - often for both genders; and doubles being almost the norm for many women, replacing the classic one each side - maybe one day bare earlobes will become the height of avant-garde fashion! (if this makes any sense?)

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At the small local church where my wife and I have attended, it seemed a while ago that a majority of the boys/young men would be wearing earrings. While nowadays earring wearing is such a widespread custom - often for both genders; and doubles being almost the norm for many women, replacing the classic one each side - maybe one day bare earlobes will become the height of avant-garde fashion! (if this makes any sense?)
I think the way the world is going now that we should expect to see many things we've never imagined possible prior.

Men wearing earrings, one or more in each ear, is in my view part of the blurring of gender boundaries. Something that is a side effect of the LGBTQ norming of sin and its collaborative vehicle, the transgender agenda bearing the wherewithal to play God, through pharmaceutical morphing and surgical mutilation. That's another thread.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's another thread.
Like you said, it's another topic.

I think it can be worthwhile remembering men in the Bible had pierced ears as well as women; e.g., the Old Testament bondservant, which is part of the verbal imagery of Psalm 40: 'Mine ears hast Thou opened'; 'opened' = Hebrew: 'digged', i.e., pierced.

As regards today, I saw quotes indicating that often it's mothers who facilitate their sons' acquisition of earrings as well of their daughters'; it's so widespread now.

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
FYI, saw these quotes:
Toni said:
My son wanted his ear pierced ... all my friends that have boys had their ears done. .. I let him .. so he got it done...
circleofmoms dot com

LM440 said:
My mom took me to get one ear pierced when I was about twelve. .. I didn't even know what was happening when she told me we were going to the mall.
sg dot answers dot yahoo

It's not for a number of decades been - even remotely - an unusual custom.

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you said, it's another topic.

I think it can be worthwhile remembering men in the Bible had pierced ears as well as women; e.g., the Old Testament bondservant, which is part of the verbal imagery of Psalm 40: 'Mine ears hast Thou opened'; 'opened' = Hebrew: 'digged', i.e., pierced.

As regards today, I saw quotes indicating that often it's mothers who facilitate their sons' acquisition of earrings as well of their daughters'; it's so widespread now.
Of what import though are quotes concerning the topic of sons acquiring earrings?
I would also suggest that David's song to the choir director in Psalm 40 is not referring to pierced ear lobes at all. One does not hear through their ear lobes, but through their ears.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

farouk...I need to speak up. These subjects you continually speak to; earrings and tattoos are an embarrassment to me. Why you might ask. Because they are so obviously carnal....to go into detailed explanations, to take a vote....to continually feed what I consider nauseatingly worldly subjects on a Christian forum.....matters thats should long be discarded as immature and not worthy of mention you seem to glory in as if they were matters of importance.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Of what import though are quotes concerning the topic of sons acquiring earrings?
I would also suggest that David's song to the choir director in Psalm 40 is not referring to pierced ear lobes at all. One does not hear through their ear lobes, but through their ears.
The imagery is of the bondservant whose ear was pierced to show willing, perpetual service to the Master. In Hebrew, 'opened' is literally 'digged'.

Reactions: RainAndIceCream

RainAndIceCream

May 26, 2020
I woke up like this
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The imagery is of the bondservant whose ear was pierced to show willing, perpetual service to the Master. In Hebrew, 'opened' is literally 'digged'.
That then was my mistake. I thought you were referring to Psalm 40, which is not a reference to pierced ears, rather than Exodus 21. “When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing… But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.” (verses 1-6)

*edited for phrasing

Last edited: