How many ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I actually don't even wear them anymore, not even any rings on the fingers either. I just gradually stopped all the decorating, lol. My life is very different now...back in the day, I dressed to the nines and wore all my jewelry when going to the bars! Been many a year since those days :)
Okay! :)

Some Christian women go bare earlobed to church. Others put them all in!

At the very conservative local church that my wife and I attend, even a majority of the young men and boys have ear piercings and wear their earrings to church; it seems to be a widespread custom among young men and boys from immigrant families.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

At the very conservative local church that my wife and I attend, even a majority of the young men and boys have ear piercings and wear their earrings to church; it seems to be a widespread custom among young men and boys from immigrant families.
It's really not such a big deal in the UK. Nobody ever comments on earrings - male or female ones.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's really not such a big deal in the UK. Nobody ever comments on earrings - male or female ones.
If our very conservative local church over here is anything to go by, there are anyway those who attend of both genders who not only would say that both genders can do ear piercing confidently, they evidently do.

2c...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is widespread for everyone anymore, immigrant or not! I think just about everyone I see on a daily basis has, at the very least one tattoo. I do not see anything wrong with it but, it's just not my thing...cultures change so quickly as does fashion....all the "in" things. Tattoos, piercings and such just do not at all hold my interest. Sorry Farouk, I know you are quite into all this stuff and that is fine. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: Like I said,
It is widespread for everyone anymore, immigrant or not!
Indeed; and since years back already all the boys who played ball in my street probably wore earrings in both ears - insofar as I even noticed at all - it puts to rest any archaic suggestion that it's somehow not a manly thing to do.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: I think it's still true that it's something that among young men and boys from immigrant families an especially strong wish to do that is evidently especially strong.

Last edited:

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CovenantPromise FYI... another thread...
Can a woman adorn herself while being subject to her husband?
Did you know the ancient Israelite men wore jewelry and women who were taken -married, wore nose rings? They were made of gold or silver. That was actually how one knew a woman was married. The man would place the ring in his wife's nose. Women made finery and jewelry in the OT to sell and trade. 1 Peter 3 is to be looked at with the understanding that a woman's worth is not in her jewelry and finery and outward beauty. And women should not spend their money on gold and silver and pearls and expensive apparel . It is the inner spirit that is of great price in the sight of God. But in subjection to her husband , if he want's to buy his wife something beautiful she should not refuse it. For she is for him. Christ adorns his Bride in heaven and a husband may do so on earth, tastefully. And she being adorned,( if it is her husband's desire), it is in subjection to him. Women should not waste their money on expensive stuff as many women do. Nor walk around with out stretched necks and flaunting their sex appeal. It is a quiet gentle spirit , a woman who fears the Lord who should be praised.

As for men wearing jewelry there is nothing in scripture (that I have found yet maybe someone else can point to it) saying he cannot. There is the issue of men dressing like women ,Lol! And there is scripture which speaks about not seeking worldly riches. Most guys are not into jewelry as women are. Those who are well.....as Solomon said " Vanities of vanities all is vanity".

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Maybe somewhere down the line...probably not right away though. And probably not a ring...I'm thinking more in terms of a stud.
@justbyfaith Anyway, it's a thoroughly manly thing to do these days. In some areas where boys grow up it's what is done. (Including among the majority of young men and boys at the very conservative local church that my wife and I attend.)

Toni said:
My son wanted his ear pierced ... all my friends that have boys had their ears done. He wanted to be just like them. I let him choose and so he got it done...
circleofmoms dot com

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Josho FYI:

Pearl said:

It's just not a big deal.

And often it's moms that organize it for boys.

FYI:
LM440 said:
My mom took me to get one ear pierced when I was about twelve. .. I didn't even know what was happening when she told me we were going to the mall. It was just me and Mom .. we shared a special time together. .. Later I ended up getting the other side done to even things out. .. I still wear earrings always and remember getting the piercing. .. no reason to deny it. In this time, ear piercings are fully accepted for both genders. It's just not a big deal ...
source:sg dot answers dot yahoo

At the very conservative local church that my wife and I attend, where a majority of the young men and boys have ear piercings and wear their earrings to church, I can even imagine that it was likely their moms that organized it all. So at our very conservative local church also, it's just not a big deal.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No it's not a big deal.

It's just my personal opinion that I posted on the other thread, no offense to anyone, but I just don't understand men getting ear piercings. But fine if you like it though. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Q: How much does a pirate pay for his piercings?
A: A buck an ear!
full

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
s-l1000.jpg
ebay
No not my style. Too old fashioned!

I guess I see what you mean; maybe they are a bit like conventional gypsy type hoops that were formerly popular, I don't know.

Sometimes a pendant style that is both more classical and more elegant is preferred.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
s-l1000.jpg
ebay

I guess I see what you mean; maybe they are a bit like conventional gypsy type hoops that were formerly popular, I don't know.

Sometimes a pendant style that is both more classical and more elegantly is preferred.
Earrings are very personal as are handbags and purses. You can look at hundreds till you find the right ones for you.