How many ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't you guys know there are all sorts of treatment for tinnitus?

Yes, obviously ...but I have never heard of it ever working for anyone...not really. And I am sceptical of paying out money for a risk.
I was never a gambler at heart. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have one hole in each ear. The ones I was born with and they're quite functional.

I do have rings in both ears. The wretched tinnitus I've suffered with for decades!
I also have that tinnitus along with a high frequency hearing loss. It happened to me in 1965 firing a 50 caliber machine gun for the US Army without earplugs. The ringing has never stopped...

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you guys know there are all sorts of treatment for tinnitus?
Tell Uncle Sam and the VA that. My hearing loss and tinnitus occurred while on active duty. They pay me the minimum monthly partial disability payment as well as supplying hearing aids and batteries for life, but no solution for the tinnitus offered. Anything related to my hearing is service connected and covered 100% but I would suppose the VA has to have money to fix it.

Reactions: Nancy

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a lifelong hunter, shooter and reloader I shot my hearing away years ago. Working in engineering in industry around forest product production equipment didn't help. Squeeling 24/7/365 for 3.5 decades.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rush Limbaugh is completely deaf and only hears by special cochlear implants. My hearing is not good but I have some.
I have only the hearing aids. Without them I can hear but I miss a lot of things or misunderstand things. The hearing aids help but do not eliminate these problems. If there is better technology available I guess Uncle Sam is not offering it to veterans. I don't really complain much as many have it a lot worse than me. My wife complains a bit as when she is available she often has to relay to me what I could not properly hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: larry2 and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It looks like they ALL wore them back when...
Ex 32
2 "And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me. 3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron..."

\...then we get the golden calf...
I supposed the sad, golden calf episode could also be used in an argument that they should indeed all have kept wearing their earrings instead of removing them...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hahaha!! Very good one Frank... my ears are still very functional ...unfortunately my husband does not...I have to shout...and he refuses to have aids..the same as he squints rather than wear glasses..at 81 he is very macho...and looks about 65. Still plays squash three nights a week...and often wins.

But, like you I also have the ringing in the ears...since 1998 ...mostly I can tune it out and pretend that it is angels singing....

....View attachment 4343
Sorry about your tinitus.

Seems as if ringing in the ears is something you could really do without. (My wife has it, also.) I can sympathize indeed with those who have this affliction.

In another sense, rings in the ears - i.e., through the earlobes - is something that a lot of ppl feel they can't do without; they are optional, but "needed" because they don't feel properly dressed without them.

You mentioned studs - diamond studs - in an earlier post. It seems that even some young men - particularly black young men - find there is something so compelling about largish studs that they don't feel properly dressed without them; they seem to find something so compelling about them, right?

For so many young people, it's what young men as well as young women do now; and - whether or not one would now choose it for oneself, or whether one would actually give, say, a grandson the gift of fine quality ear studs, I find it frankly benign and perfectly wholesome on both genders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you've not acquired any more or developed any further thoughts, then.
No....not as of yet.

Have a blessed night....I am going to sleep! Maybe talk to you tomorrow.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No....not as of yet.

Have a blessed night....I am going to sleep! Maybe talk to you tomorrow.
Ttyl, see you tomorrow; have a nice night; blessings.

Yes, it can be just nice, I guess especially if the extra holes are gotten with a view to giving someone else - who really wants to do it but lacks the confidence - a bit of encouragement (which I think was your aim that you once explained; nice).

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I missing something? "If I can't have my help paid for by the government, I will cut off my nose to spite my face, and live with ringing in my ears!!!"
MY HEARING PROBLEM WAS CAUSED BY FLYING IN AN H-13 WITHOUT A HEADSET ON. But, I use my own private insurance to pay for what I need.
I don't even have TRICARE, but I won't suffer because I have to pay for my own insurance.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell Uncle Sam and the VA that. My hearing loss and tinnitus occurred while on active duty. They pay me the minimum monthly partial disability payment as well as supplying hearing aids and batteries for life, but no solution for the tinnitus offered. Anything related to my hearing is service connected and covered 100% but I would suppose the VA has to have money to fix it.

With 2 of my brothers, my mom and dad using the VA we have come to the conclusion that if they don't diagnose it, they don't have to treat it. This year I will be going fully private as, the VA hospital leaves a bad taste in my mouth...mostly because of the lack of treatment for my father and allowing cancer to spread through his body while saying he just has pneumonia. He had colon cancer, spread to his lungs then to his brain...he passed at 63 yr and was so very sick and weak for the last 6-8 years of his life. He was 86 lbs. when he died...in the VA. Lot's more but, won't de-rail this thread with more :oops:

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I missing something? "If I can't have my help paid for by the government, I will cut off my nose to spite my face, and live with ringing in my ears!!!"
MY HEARING PROBLEM WAS CAUSED BY FLYING IN AN H-13 WITHOUT A HEADSET ON. But, I use my own private insurance to pay for what I need.
I don't even have TRICARE, but I won't suffer because I have to pay for my own insurance.
My complaint was really not about the ringing in my ears. I've had that so long I'm very used it. It is not worth it to me to pay to have anything done. My other insurance might pay for it but so far it has not been a pressing issue for me.

My complaint was that veterans in general get short changed on their treatment. I could go to the VA for everything but I do better sticking to Medicare and my secondary insurance with private doctors. Not all veteran's have such an option. Many have no insurance and insufficient money.

Last edited: