how much did you spend on July Fourth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because it's a US holiday doesn't mean my nightly conference calls with China, Japan, and Korea are cancelled. :(

Not going to the concert in the park. Not barbecuing anything. Not shooting off fireworks. Not spending a dime this year.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Just spent $83 on some burgers and food for July fourth and I just have my four kids coming over. That works out to $16+ per person, and I do not drink alcohol nor do my kids (in front of me), so that could up that price for your family.

What happenned to that 16cent savings last year?

Running Short On Funds For A July 4th Barbecue, Man Opens The Family Safe To Retrieve The 16 Cents He Saved Last Year | Babylon Bee

Am I missing some because my calendar on my phone says it's the 2nd...

Has it been 4th of July the whole day and I didn't know it? I'm so confused.

Anyway, $5.33.

My son woke me up asking for a dollar for something from the fireworks stand, so I had him take me to "supervise." So I got him a $5 goodie bag of stuff and told him to have at it.

He went to a free dance at a park and I played around with beauty treatments at home.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Just went out shopping for the stuff for my BBQ today, hence the post, as I was shocked by how much I paid?

Hahaha... Sorry, I was overworked and there were events happening yesterday so I was overly confused.

Well sometimes I work as cashier, so today, I ran up half the town getting ready for 4th of July.
So I'll tell you firsthand, people spend hundreds.

***Hundreds.***

Reactions: Taken and marks

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did my monthly grocery food shopping today and spent $250.00
The only thing I baught for 4th of July was watermelon.
I'm not going anywhere and I'm not expecing company.
So I'll be here spitting out seeds all weekend with my friends.
:D
Happy Independence Day!!

(some states not allowing fireworks due to endangered bird species, but they say it's ok to have them in September)

IDK...
makes sense to me.. o_O
Hugs

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did my monthly grocery food shopping today and spent $250.00
The only thing I baught for 4th of July was watermelon.
I'm not going anywhere and I'm not expecing company.
So I'll be here spitting out seeds all weekend with my friends.
:D
Happy Independence Day!!

(some states not allowing fireworks due to endangered bird species, but they say it's ok to have them in September)

IDK...
makes sense to me.. o_O
Hugs

It's because birds go back to hibernate in their caves during September

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's because birds go back to hibernate in their caves during September
Probably true.
But we been celebrating July 4th with fireworks for 250 years. I don't know if they took notice for just one night out of entire year.
They rather leave the pyroworks to the people who like to burn loot and murder.
Until September anyways..
IDK..
Hugs

Reactions: DuckieLady

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
289027626_5305687232841444_143759411139869635_n.jpg

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t spend anything, but then I never spend money on any holiday, really. Not married, no kids. I just turn something up loud so little doggie doesn’t go berserk. I have some shrimp in the freezer…might make shrimp salad and crackers for dinner, maybe a cucumber salad…I’m sure my sister will invite me over but…I really just like to stay home any more.
Can’t remember the last time I wanted to go watch fireworks…maybe 20 years ago? No…over 30! They don’t impress me for some reason, lol.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Food / drinks bought for a particular occasion, will have left overs for another meal, so can’t really put a price on one meal. We plan our meals accordingly to use leftovers. Any true scraps, garbage, bones, are given the animals. My biggest complaint is when having to buy store groceries, and then having to get rid of the ridiculous sealing, packaging, within packaging of their “dead deprecated” grocery food items.
For my wife and I, I spent $8 for a pack of hot dogs, and we had to eat them all because our refridgerator is broken. Another $3 for a bag of potato chips, and $5 for an apple pie. The rest we already had. So then $8/person.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t spend anything, but then I never spend money on any holiday, really. Not married, no kids. I just turn something up loud so little doggie doesn’t go berserk. I have some shrimp in the freezer…might make shrimp salad and crackers for dinner, maybe a cucumber salad…I’m sure my sister will invite me over but…I really just like to stay home any more.
Can’t remember the last time I wanted to go watch fireworks…maybe 20 years ago? No…over 30! They don’t impress me for some reason, lol.
One of the more memorable times we watched a fireworks show, I was watching a war vet near me, cringing, jumping, every boom. He was there for the show, but couldn't turn off the trauma. I've never looked at it the same since.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For my wife and I, I spent $8 for a pack of hot dogs, and we had to eat them all because our refridgerator is broken. Another $3 for a bag of potato chips, and $5 for an apple pie. The rest we already had. So then $8/person.

Much love!

Oh, oooh. A-ok on the meal and fridge break down. Had that fiasco a few weeks ago with the fridge. Two weeks for parts and two days for time to fix. Lucky to have a mini spare fridge, but I mean mini! Not that much fun when during the heat when deciding between a meal or cold drinks. Hope you get a repair or replacement soon.

Reactions: Ziggy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, oooh. A-ok on the meal and fridge break down. Had that fiasco a few weeks ago with the fridge. Two weeks for parts and two days for time to fix. Lucky to have a mini spare fridge, but I mean mini! Not that much fun when during the heat when deciding between a meal or cold drinks. Hope you get a repair or replacement soon.
Coming 1 week from today. And no mini-fridge, but the one here at work is helping us out for the moment!

Much love!

Reactions: Taken and Ziggy

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For my wife and I, I spent $8 for a pack of hot dogs, and we had to eat them all because our refridgerator is broken
634790122806229650.jpg

Because I have had to do that, too.

Unfortunately I didn't have a lot to spend so every day I filled a large bowl with ice and put it in the bottom. I had to change it daily, but it was large enough to keep some meat in overnight. Terracotta is the best way to go from what I hear.

I believe wet burlap, or some kind of cloth, would keep cheese "well enough."

But mostly it was a pain.

At the same time, when hard times came and I had to learn to be resourceful, I always learned something useful and it always seemed to have paid off later because it ended up being something we *all* needed to know. I feel like God prepared me in those times, so I've learned to be thankful for them.

Alternative Refrigeration - Three Methods of Passive Cooling

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
634790122806229650.jpg

Because I have had to do that, too.

Unfortunately I didn't have a lot to spend so every day I filled a large bowl with ice and put it in the bottom. I had to change it daily, but it was large enough to keep some meat in overnight. Terracotta is the best way to go from what I hear.

I believe wet burlap, or some kind of cloth, would keep cheese "well enough."

But mostly it was a pain.

At the same time, when hard times came and I had to learn to be resourceful, I always learned something useful and it always seemed to have paid off later because it ended up being something we *all* needed to know. I feel like God prepared me in those times, so I've learned to be thankful for them.

Alternative Refrigeration - Three Methods of Passive Cooling

Noting on the eggs. If they are store bought, must refrigerate, because they have been washed.

Also if you can find available, DRY ICE, in a cooler lasts a long time. Use newspaper or paper bags to separate ice from food. Don’t touch the ice or let rover stick his tongue on the ice...lol

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noting on the eggs. If they are store bought, must refrigerate, because they have been washed.

Also if you can find available, DRY ICE, in a cooler lasts a long time. Use newspaper or paper bags to separate ice from food. Don’t touch the ice or let rover stick his tongue on the ice...lol

This is true, I kept them around for a couple weeks and did the sink test to make sure they were fresh. Apparently the concern is more around salmonella but I wasn't really caring about that part. Just personal preference of not caring.

I absolutely did put the vegetables in cups of water everywhere and it did work!

Reactions: Taken and Angelina

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true, I kept them around for a couple weeks and did the sink test to make sure they were fresh. Apparently the concern is more around salmonella but I wasn't really caring about that part. Just personal preference of not caring.

I absolutely did put the vegetables in cups of water everywhere and it did work!
Let the glorious Lord be praised and thanked my dear sister . Yes , its LORD praising time in the building yet again .