How Rapid is Globalization?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prayerfulsoul

Jan 15, 2008
I'd say Globalization is pretty rapid. Economically:almost every customer service phone number takes to you to Indiathe cars that are bought the most are from Japanfood is imported from Mexico and South America to the USeverything else America needs we get from China(Pathetic that the once most powerful nation on Earth is now beholden to everyone else.) Culturally:Everyone who has a tv/radio knows who the biggest celebrities are and at least knows who the biggest singers are (maybe a couple exceptions). Popular books are also widely known in literate areas (ie. Harry Potter). Don't know too much about political globalization, although large government control seems to sweeping across the world.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(prayerfulsoul;31418)
I'd say Globalization is pretty rapid. Economically:almost every customer service phone number takes to you to Indiathe cars that are bought the most are from Japanfood is imported from Mexico and South America to the USeverything else America needs we get from China(Pathetic that the once most powerful nation on Earth is now beholden to everyone else.) Culturally:Everyone who has a tv/radio knows who the biggest celebrities are and at least knows who the biggest singers are (maybe a couple exceptions). Popular books are also widely known in literate areas (ie. Harry Potter). Don't know too much about political globalization, although large government control seems to sweeping across the world.
Unfortunately that is true,people in general seem to care more about what Britney is doing instead of what Clinton,McCain,Obama,Bush,Kennedy are doing with our sovereignty and country.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
Great posting on how we are changing. It is a challenge to keep up to say the least.However, no matter how things change, they still stay the same. Humans still suffer, the poor are neglected, the sick still need to be healed. We still face the same tasks that Jesus faced. Suffering and misery are the one constant and something that we need to be ever mindful of. It is easy to become so enamored with the new that we neglect the old. The same can be said for the truths in our lives. As we take time to learn and play we sometimes forget about what is most important. Family and people. Most importantly God.Unfortunately, this is happening at such a breathtaking pace that the ride becomes such that we don't pause to appreciate the scenery. Flowers and the birds. There is much to be found in what is natural that we often forget all the great things that God has done. Even the lowest of God's creation can make what we can produce pale in comparison.I delight in new discovery, but I try to stay grounded in what I know to be firm and true. All things of this world are transient and will perish.Blessings,Dunamite