How Say You Jesus Is A Jew?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
God chose the Jews to demonstrate his faithfullness and the reality of his existence for all to see,they,the Jews have been through much but God always has and always will deliver them to his glory for all mankind to witness,the very fact that some people hate them so much for no real reason and that they are in the news so much for such a small nation is proof that they are God's chosen people.

With that said they are at the foot of the cross just like everyone else and their will be Jews in Hell as well as in heaven.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chose the Jews to demonstrate his faithfullness and the reality of his existence for all to see,they,the Jews have been through much but God always has and always will deliver them to his glory for all mankind to witness,the very fact that some people hate them so much for no real reason and that they are in the news so much for such a small nation is proof that they are God's chosen people.

With that said they are at the foot of the cross just like everyone else and their will be Jews in Hell as well as in heaven.

Bunkum! Your response is just a knee-jerk ingrained recitation of the typical Judeo-Christian (an oxymoron of the first order) irrational defense of ‘those that call themselves Jews’ (Rev. 2:9, 3:9). The Jews have been expelled from dozens and dozens of countries throughout history yet you’d have us believe it’s always “for no real reason”. Oy vey! How ve Jews have sufferink. I’m totally verklempt.

http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/expulsions.html

If a friend of yours tells you he was thrown out of Kelly’s Bar last night and goes on and on about how dreadfully he was treated by the proprietor, you might well have compassion on his plight. However, when week after week, he tells you a similar woeful tale of dozens of other establishments he’s been 86’d out of you might begin to realize that you’re not quite getting the whole truth from your ‘poor 'ol persecuted’ buddy.

Have you ever noticed that Jews are always key members in every left-wing organization you can think of? Whether it’s gun control advocacy, abortion rights, feminism, Marxism, atheist groups attacking prayer at schools, championing sex education for grade schools, homosexual groups, NAMBLA, ACLU, SPLC, left-leaning news broadcasts, sex-crazed Hollywood, ad nauseam, they ALL are dominated by Jews. Coincidence? I think not!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Amen to that. The only part I might disagree with you on is the part about Rebekah being a swindler. I use to think that way until I saw someone explaining to someone else on a message board that Rebekah did not swindle. Instead, she knew and understood when God told her that 2 nations were in her womb and that the elder would serve the younger. Rebekah knew that the firstborn inheritance had to go to Jacob and not Esau. Issac wanted it to go to Esau, but that could not happen.

Very correct. Even in Malachi 1 God said He loved Jacob but hated Esau, showing His election of Jacob (which Paul reiterates also in Romans 9).

Isaac must not have been made aware of God's ordainng of Jacob over Esau, for he favoured firstborn Esau. This very same kind of jealousy by a firstborn exists with Ishmael also, and both Esau and Ishmael are aligned against Israel together.

Elle

Sep 27, 2012
Hi James
You said:
"Thanks for the insightful reply. I see your point and agree that Rebekah was more attuned with God's prophetic plan than her husband, Issac."
You're welcome.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Veteran,
You said:"
"Very correct. Even in Malachi 1 God said He loved Jacob but hated Esau, showing His election of Jacob (which Paul reiterates also in Romans 9)."
Thanks for the affirmation. When I first read that explanation I knew it to be the truth.

You said:

Isaac must not have been made aware of God's ordainng of Jacob over Esau, for he favoured firstborn Esau. This very same kind of jealousy by a firstborn exists with Ishmael also, and both Esau and Ishmael are aligned against Israel together."
I don't think Isaac was made aware either, else he would have done the right thing. Good thing his helpmate was there.
They most certainly are, Israel has it coming from 2 sides.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Strat,

You said:"

With that said they are at the foot of the cross just like everyone else and their will be Jews in Hell as well as in heaven."

I hate to tell you this, but you have had the yamulke pulled over your eyes. Please do some research into who are the Edomites, it just might open up your eyes. James is telling you the truth.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Bunkum! Your response is just a knee-jerk ingrained recitation of the typical Judeo-Christian (an oxymoron of the first order) irrational defense of ‘those that call themselves Jews’ (Rev. 2:9, 3:9). The Jews have been expelled from dozens and dozens of countries throughout history yet you’d have us believe it’s always “for no real reason”. Oy vey! How ve Jews have sufferink. I’m totally verklempt.

http://www.eretzyisr...expulsions.html

If a friend of yours tells you he was thrown out of Kelly’s Bar last night and goes on and on about how dreadfully he was treated by the proprietor, you might well have compassion on his plight. However, when week after week, he tells you a similar woeful tale of dozens of other establishments he’s been 86’d out of you might begin to realize that you’re not quite getting the whole truth from your ‘poor 'ol persecuted’ buddy.

Have you ever noticed that Jews are always key members in every left-wing organization you can think of? Whether it’s gun control advocacy, abortion rights, feminism, Marxism, atheist groups attacking prayer at schools, championing sex education for grade schools, homosexual groups, NAMBLA, ACLU, SPLC, left-leaning news broadcasts, sex-crazed Hollywood, ad nauseam, they ALL are dominated by Jews. Coincidence? I think not!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Here is an interesting talk by Art Katz, called 'The Two Judaisms'. It's a while since I heard it, but some might enjoy it.

For the record, I'm not sure Art's interpretation of prophecy was precise, but there's no doubt he knew the Lord and was willing to be a lone voice for raw truth to his own generation. That made him unwelcome in certain 'Christian' circles.

http://www.sermonind...t.php?lid=11457

Description:
Art Katz speaks with authority and prophetic insight on the 2 religions in the world. The one that originates from men and the one that is from God in heaven. There is such importance in these things towards Israel, the cross, separation and death to self.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an interesting talk by Art Katz, called 'The Two Judaisms'. It's a while since I heard it, but some might enjoy it.

For the record, I'm not sure Art's interpretation of prophecy was precise, but there's no doubt he knew the Lord and was willing to be a lone voice for raw truth to his own generation. That made him unwelcome in certain 'Christian' circles.

http://www.sermonind...t.php?lid=11457

Description:
Art Katz speaks with authority and prophetic insight on the 2 religions in the world. The one that originates from men and the one that is from God in heaven. There is such importance in these things towards Israel, the cross, separation and death to self.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I first heard that same Art Katz message 40 years ago as a young Christian. Art was truly a gifted speaker and I was a bit perplexed that his early popularity in the '70's did not gain much momentum in Christian circles in the following decades. I only ever heard two of his sermons, ironically, the one you posted and another about Elijah calling down fire from heaven and mocking the false prophets. I made dozens of cassette copies and gave them to friends. Thanks to following your link there appears to be 560 of his sermons (as well as many other preachers sermons) in mp3 format. I'll have to give 'em a listen.

http://www.sermonind...es/mydownloads/

Unfortunately, Art Katz died in 2007 so they'll be no more of his messages. My only beef with Art Katz (and the Apostle Paul) was his continual obsession with 'those that call themselves Jews' (Rev. 2:9, 3:9) as being 'God's supposed chosen people' and never quite able to grasp the fact that 'you shall know them (the true Israel people) by their fruit' and the Jews 'fruit' is rotten to the core.

Another former Jew, Benjamin Freedman boldly exposes the true nature of the Jews. Benjamin Freedman's speech in 1961 is just as relevant over fifty years later:

http://www.biblebeli...au/benjamin.htm

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi James,

That's very interesting! You're the first person I've 'met' who heard Art all the way back then! How amazing you heard this very message! I haven't listened to many, either.

I find the prominence which Art gives 'Jews' in his thinking, a bit confusing, because it seems (to me) that Jews, (meaning - by the time of Jesus on earth - any descendant of Jacob) who had been watching for Messiah and received Him, moving directly into the New Covenant relationship with God through receiving the spirit of adoption of sons at Pentecost, had fulfilled in them all that prophecy was able to deliver at that time.

Today, people reading the NT need to distinguish between those who entered the New Covenant, and those who had cried, 'Crucify, crucify', and 'We have no king but Caesar', showing their hearts aligned with an earthly kingdom rather than a heavenly one. 2 Tim 4:18, Heb 12:22.

In the NT the unbelieving Jews are accused of causing Jesus death despite that it was a fulfilment of prophecy. The problem for those Jews in that generation, and for Jews since then who adopt their mindset, is that that fleshly generation, when challenged by Pilate, said, 'His blood [be] on us, and on our children', Matt 27:25, and were quick, after His ascension, to distance themselves from the meaning of their acknowledgement:

Acts 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us. This high priest John 11:51 has an extremely short memory!

But, there is redemption through His blood for all who repent (Rom 2:4, Acts 13:39). His was the blood of the 'everlasting covenant' (Heb 13:20) - the Lamb who (as it were) has (just) been slain - Rev 5:6, the blood of the 'better covenant' Heb 8:6, Heb 10:29, Heb 12:24. It's now a different order of relationship between God and man, and I, personally, don't see it mixing or blending with this world in any way, shape or form.

I haven't listened to Freedman's speech, yet, but I'll give it a go... ;)

Hi veteran,

I was just trying to make the point of how a title like "king of the Jews" was actually intended as a slur, and not actually an official title of our Lord Jesus Christ.

On the one hand, I can see what you mean, but isn't there also profound irony in attempting to slur a person with their very own title?

Matthew 2:1 - 6 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

When Herod the king had heard [these things], he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. Even Herod knew it must have been prophesied!

5 And they said to him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, and thou Bethlehem, [in] the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Isaiah 6:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. John 2:17, Psa 69:9.

???

Wasn't Pilate just as caught up in being part of the fulfilment of prophecy, as both the Jews who believed and the Jews who did not believe?

Romans 2:29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

If Judah means 'praise' or 'celebrated', the diminutive 'Jew' also carries that meaning - whether praised by man or praised by God.

wayseer

Oct 28, 2012
The Book of Matthew

Chapter 22

42Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

The mother of Jesus was a Jew. The Father of Jesus was not a Jew.

In the law of Moses it is forbidden for a Jewish woman to marry a Gentile.

In the law of Moses if your father is not a Jew then you a not a Jew.

How say you then Jesus is a Jew?

If you follow your logic then Mary was not a Jew either. Read Ruth 4.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
The Father of Jesus was not a Jew.

What you are saying is only true if you take the tribe of Judah as the standard for Jewishness. But the whole of God's expression of Himself to mankind through history, to the point where Jesus was born into 'praise', or 'celebrate', is about God getting His son Adam 1 Corinthians 15:45 back into fellowship with Himself - in God's heart, the ultimate cause for rejoicing and celebration.

Look again at Romans 2:29, above.

God expressed righteousness through the Mosaic law, but we needed the New Covenant to bring us into the gift of God. - Rom 6:23, Rom 8:4.

Hi James,

That talk by Benjamin Freedman was FASCINATING! I will be sharing it with a few people. Thank you!

I 'hear' the case he was making, but I do want to point out that the Mosaic law permitted non-Jews (Gentiles) to enter into the commonwealth of Israel through circumcision, sacrifice and baptism, and they were treated as if they had been descended from Jacob, sooner or later. It was a kind of adoption, but without sonship. One day they/we also will receive 'land' with the tribe amongst whom they live: Ezekiel 47:22 And it shall come to pass, [that] ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That talk by Benjamin Freedman was FASCINATING! I will be sharing it with a few people. Thank you!

I’m glad you were, likewise, impressed by Benjamin Freedman’s speech. He certainly speaks with authority and accurately expresses ‘the other side’ viewpoint of the historical origins of WWI and WWII. What we need to understand is that these same ruthless warmongering manipulators are still deeply entrenched in our government, mass media, financial establishments, as well as molding the minds of many Christian pastors and evangelists today.

I 'hear' the case he was making, but I do want to point out that the Mosaic law permitted non-Jews (Gentiles) to enter into the commonwealth of Israel through circumcision, sacrifice and baptism, and they were treated as if they had been descended from Jacob, sooner or later. It was a kind of adoption, but without sonship. One day they/we also will receive 'land' with the tribe amongst whom they live: Ezekiel 47:22 And it shall come to pass, [that] ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.

I’m fully aware that there was ample provision for strangers in the OT that join themselves by oath and allegiance to Israel and faithfully pledge to follow God’s Law. The grand deception and subterfuge of the Jews is their claim to be the true chosen Israelite people and sons of Abraham when most are clearly imposters. Ironically, the Arab nations have a more valid claim to Abraham through his other wives Hagar and Keturah than do the Jewish Khazars.

The crux of all the OT atonement unblemished animal sacrifices culminates at the Cross of Christ. Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin. (Heb. 9:22) “God’s chosen people” are those that confess Jesus (Yahshua) as their Lord (Messiah). The Blood of Christ either cleanses a repentant person (Jew or Gentile) of sin and grants them life everlasting OR eternally condemns non-believers as sinners worthy of eternal death. Jesus declared that God was no longer impressed by those that claim to be of the stock of Abraham. (Mat. 3:9) What Jesus demanded was for the Jews to “bring forth fruits worthy of repentance” (Luk. 3:8) Instead of doing so, the Jews brought an abominable curse of God upon them and their lineage by exclaiming “His blood be upon us and our children.” (Mat. 27:25) This same curse applies to strangers and imposters who continue to align their faith with the murderers of Christ Jesus.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi veteran,

On the one hand, I can see what you mean, but isn't there also profound irony in attempting to slur a person with their very own title?

Matthew 2:1 - 6 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

When Herod the king had heard [these things], he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. Even Herod knew it must have been prophesied!

5 And they said to him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, and thou Bethlehem, [in] the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Isaiah 6:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. John 2:17, Psa 69:9.

???

The most important thing to note is that Herod heard about those wise men inquiring about where Christ was. And then Herod called together the chief priests and scribes and people of the Jews to find out about it (Matthew 2). They KNEW where Christ was to be born per the OT prophets, and they told Herod. Then Herod met with the wise men and decided to use them to find Baby Jesus so he could destroy Him.

By Herod's acts, and the later acts of the chief priests, scribes, and unbelievers of the people who were against Jesus, why were they afraid at the prophecy of His Birth and the wise men's search, as per Matthew 2:3?

Firstly, king Herod was NOT of Israelite birth. Per Josephus, Herod was of Idumean birth, a descendent of Esau, the brother of Jacob. Herod had been appointed ruler by the Romans, a political appointment, not a divine one. Moreover per Josephus, the chief priest was also of foreign birth, likewise with the scribes that were of the Kenites that lived among the Canaanites (1 Chron.2:55; Gen.15:19). Same among the sects of Sadduccees and Pharisees, for not all of them were of Israelite birth either.

So what do you think those foreigners that had crept in among the true remnants of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi at that time were after? They were after Christ's Throne on earth, His Kingdom He then had come to offer God's people there.

This is why OT Bible history is important. Those foreigners not of Israel had been allowed to creep in as early as Joshua's days (Judges 2 & 3; Joshua 9). They first became bondservants to Israel, and were still present during Solomon's reign (1 Kings 9). And they went captive with the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi to Babylon for 70 years. And some of them returned with the small remnant of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi (per Ezra 2 lists). Some of them became temple servants (Nethinims) and also priests (Ezra 2 again). So the stage was set in Jerusalem for the time of Christ's first coming to be crucified upon the cross by those.

The kingdom they were usurping involved only the portion of Israel then in Jerusalem-Judea and those who called themselves Jews at that time. Per Josephus, the title of 'Jew' began with the small remnant of Judah, Benjamin, Levi, and the foreigners that returned with them from the Babylon captivity. All the peoples that lived in the lands of Judea then took that name, the strangers included. Therefore, the title 'king of the Jews' meant to them, the rightful ruler over the holy land of promise and its people there at that time. God had already scattered through the nations the majority of the peoples of Israel, the ten tribes. And the largest portions of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi stayed in Babylon after the 70 years, only to be scattered further through the countries with not returning to Jerusalem then.

This is why that title "king of the Jews" was really a false title, not just because Pilate used it to mock the Jews, but because Christ Jesus is King over all... Israel, and over all the earth, all inclusive. Furthermore, what made it a false title especially was because it applied to the idea the religious Jews of that time had about God's Kingdom. The true irony was how those crept in foreigners were not even of Israelite origin and were claiming to recognize it in connection with The Christ of OT prophecy, yet, it worried them that it might actually be coming true. That should reveal all the more those were foreigners trying to usurp Christ's Kingdom.

Wasn't Pilate just as caught up in being part of the fulfilment of prophecy, as both the Jews who believed and the Jews who did not believe?

Romans 2:29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

Pilate simply used the title "king of the Jews" to mock the religious Jews who wanted our Lord Jesus executed while he knew Jesus was innocent. Those Jews understood the prophecy of Christ's coming, yet they still refused Him as The Christ. That shows they were not of the Truth from the start, and were thieves in hiding with the real purpose to steal the kingdom for theirselves (which is what Christ revealed in Matt.21 with the parable of the householder-vineyard).

Although Ben Friedman's witness has truth in it about the Khazars becoming religious Jews, the title of 'Jew' is an actual title that originated from the sole Israelite tribe of Judah. The reason it was applied to the tribes of Benjamin and Levi also was because all three tribes became joined under one kingdom in the southern holy lands ruled by the kings of Judah at Jerusalem-Judea after God split Israel into two separate kingdoms (1 Kings 11 forward). They were known as the "house of Judah" per God's Word. And that's what the foreigner crept in unawares were after to steal.

With God scattering the majority of Israel beforehand, i.e., the ten tribes of the northern kingdom of Israel, called the "house of Israel" in His Word, that actually kept these out of that mess of foreigners trying to steal Christ's vineyard of Israel. Those false Jews who tried to steal couldn't claim the ten lost tribes as Jews, simply because they were scattered and lost to them. By God scattering the ten tribes, He was actually protecting them, until the time when Christ would come to die on the cross and be preached and accepted mainly by the ten tribes along with believing Gentiles of the lands of their scattering. Thus Christ fulfilled what He said in Matt.21, that He would take His vineyard out of the hand of those false Jews who were trying to steal His heritage of the majority of the people of Israel.

Knowing this, then it becomes easy to fathom where the false notion that only Jews are Israelites originated from, i.e., from those false Jews trying to steal Christ's Kingdom and heritage.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
How Say You Jesus Is A Jew?

According to Jewish law ( halakha) if both parents are Jewish, their offspring is Jewish. If the mother of the child is Jewish, then the child is Jewish but if she is not Jewish, then the child is not Jewish. If the Father is not Jewish, then the child comes under the status of the mother...who is Jewish.

Since Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit through a Jewish Mother. Therefore...Jesus is of Jewish descent.
Although lineage follows the Fathers line, Jewish authenticity is from the mother.
Note also that the Holy Spirit is eternal and he existed before races began to fill the earth... Abraham also existed before the Jewish race...does that make Abraham a non-Jew although his descendants were Jewish?

Shalom!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Angelina,

does that make Abraham a non-Jew although his descendants were Jewish?

Well of course - and Paul refers to this in Romans 4 and elsewhere, to show how Gentiles (as they came to be known) are included in God's plan of salvation, and 'the law' is no longer able to save (except those who died in faith, under the law). Romans 4:16.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
does that make Abraham a non-Jew although his descendants were Jewish?

Thanks...that was just a rhetorical question reaffirming the first part of my point ;)

Note also that the Holy Spirit is eternal and he existed before races began to fill the earth... Abraham also existed before the Jewish race...does that make Abraham a non-Jew although his descendants were Jewish?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ

According to Jewish law ( halakha) if both parents are Jewish, their offspring is Jewish. If the mother of the child is Jewish, then the child is Jewish but if she is not Jewish, then the child is not Jewish. If the Father is not Jewish, then the child comes under the status of the mother...who is Jewish.

Since Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit through a Jewish Mother. Therefore...Jesus is of Jewish descent.
Although lineage follows the Fathers line, Jewish authenticity is from the mother.

Shalom!

Can I get in on this debate LOL
Yeperr
I totally agree, there's more to these women than meets the eye.

Jer 38:21-23
Jer 43:6-8

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus needed to be of Jewish descent, born under the law, so that he could fulfill the law. If he were for example of Gentile parentage...he could not rightly fulfill the law with all it's requirements. The fulfillment of the law required a perfect, sinless sacrifice which Jesus achieved, [measured by the law] even death on the cross. Matthew 5:17, Luke 24:44, 46, 47.

Shalom!!!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
So it was written that threw the seed of Eve shall come the promise
Gen 3:15

That's how I say Jesus was both Jewish and Messiah

So really why did we bother with the seed of men?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So really why did we bother with the seed of men

...because men [mankind] came under a curse...and Jesus was predestined through a promise to restore our relationship back with the Father through his death and resurrection...1 Peter 20, Revelation 13:8
...but that's another thread entirely... ;)

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus needed to be of Jewish descent, born under the law, so that he could fulfill the law. If he were for example of Gentile parentage...he could not rightly fulfill the law with all it's requirements. The fulfillment of the law required a perfect, sinless sacrifice which Jesus achieved, [measured by the law] even death on the cross. Matthew 5:17, Luke 24:44, 46, 47.

Shalom!!!
Ruth is listed in one of the genealogies of Jesus, but was not an Israelite. By modern Jewish law, her son, Obed wouldn't be considered Jewish, yet, the law of the kinsman redeemer was invoked upon her behalf as her (deceased) husband was left without a male heir to inherit his possession. It would seem that a traceable blood line through Boaz was sufficient to establish the Davidic line as the legal bloodline of the King. I don't know much about Jewish tradition, but I'm convinced that much has been altered in the last 2000 years in the attempt to discredit the claims of Yahshua of Nazareth.

Reactions: Angelina