How Should We See Ourselves?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
I see myself as the righteousness of God in Christ.2nd Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in himHow do you see yourself?

Wiseman

May 18, 2009
Seeing myself?A question most strange.I see myself human;Not swiftly to change.I am as I amIn His image, though rough.I happily thinkThat that's quite enough!If pressed for precisionOr an answer more clear;I see myself strivingAnd holding wisdom most near.

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
A child of God , willing and ready to do His
smile.gif
will not my own.

Justin

May 2, 2009
I feel like i am living my life righteous, although i think that i make mistakes.I have felt the spirit of GodBut i grieved the spirit by following my mindSo i think about it alot that the spirit may not come back to meI let the devil tempt my mind into thinking i may die and i panicMy mind isnt as strong as i thought it wasI just want my spirit to grow and my mind to be strengthened to resist the temptation of the devil.I know where my heart is.I just need to get my mind right.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
I see myself as the righteousness of God in Christ.2nd Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in himHow do you see yourself?
I see myself as a sinner. A price of bloodshed given for me.

gumby

May 29, 2009
I see myself as a seed planter trying to give positive and uplifting news of jesus
happy.gif

fullpana

Nov 10, 2008
Ya Vickie, we are all sinners and fallen short of Gods glory, but we have been redeemed, we are created in His image. Strive forward and do not look back, if you sin just repent and keep on moving forward because those who look back on their sins are not worthy to inherit the Kingdom. Forget your old life, your old self, and think about all that Christ in you, the Holy Spirit, has done to change you and how God wants to change you, let Him take leadership in your life.I see myself as a child of God, but not yet having manifested being a child of God here on earth fully, else I'd be raising up dead people everywhere.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
This post made me sad I will pray that you will someday see yourself as God does, and not how satan wants you to.
Thank you for prayer, watchman, When I can go one day without a sin coming forth out of me, and walk in the fullness of Christ, no longer being corruptiblethan I will have great joy.
Ya Vickie, we are all sinners and fallen short of Gods glory, but we have been redeemed, we are created in His image. Strive forward and do not look back, if you sin just repent and keep on moving forward because those who look back on their sins are not worthy to inherit the Kingdom. Forget your old life, your old self, and think about all that Christ in you, the Holy Spirit, has done to change you and how God wants to change you, let Him take leadership in your life.I see myself as a child of God, but not yet having manifested being a child of God here on earth fully, else I'd be raising up dead people everywhere.
Thank you for your thoughts. It is reading the words of God that I see the corruptible person in me daily, that constantly reminds me of the blood that had to be shed for me. I look forward to the time just ahead of us, that brings Christ back to earth and changes me from corruptible to incorruptible. No longer needing to repent daily, no longer sinning daily but being changed into perfection that last.