How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!
^ OP

Read the posts-
Many haven't a clue what Salvation means.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:32 teaches that we can be saved through water baptism...inasmuch as the same is a confession of Jesus Christ before men.

Disagree.
Matt 10:32 does not mention water.

Confession is the highlight, not water.

Matt 10:
[32] Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is the normal way that God gives us to be saved. God can make his own exceptions should such be impossible.
Besides, Jesus had not risen from the dead at that time.

Did the thief on the cross profess with his lips that Jesus was Lord?
Did the thief on the cross call upon the name of the Lord?

It's a poor example to take to prove salvation under the New Covenant

I think it is the ULTIMATE Example of how to be Saved....all of this was no accident ..God Used this marvelous depiction of His Grace to show the world from that day forward the essentials for Salvation.... so many people are insecure in their Salvation ...many wonder, “ must I do this ?” Or “ must I do that?”
To get Saved all a person has to do is do what the Thief did ....he arrived at his crucification a bitter, angry , lost man. Only concerned about his own hide—- just like the other Thief. But then something happened.....he underwent “ a change of mind” ( That is Saving Repentance) The “ repentance” was a result of a Holy Spirit - Given Contrite Heart ( “N OBODY comes to God , lest the Spirit Draw Him” and the Spirit “ draws” by convicting men of their Sin) .Thanks to the eye opening power of the Holy Spirit , he came to his senses— He saw That He was a Sinner That had to have a Savior and he literally Turned to Jesus as the one that could grant him that forgiveness.When he asked Jesus to “ remember him” , that proved that he believed that Jesus was who He claimed to be .The Thief Believed the One that “said” he would rise from the dead , would actually “ do “ so........In essence the Thief Believed the Gospel .....That same Gospel , if Believed , will Save Anybody .....
The Thief , only by the Amazing Grace Of God , got Saved like everybody else does..... God , via a visit by the Holy Spirit , gave him a Contrite Heart , one able to then see that he was a lost sinner that HAD to have a Savior. He then was able to do the Two Things He HAD to do in order to be Saved.....as the Bible says later on.....God's Formula for Salvation is this—- “ Turn to me ( Repent) with Faith in Jesus Christ “ and I will save you “ to the Uttermost”......
The Thief and his amazing, “full-Of -hope” story , one that shows that even at the last minutes of a life of sin a man can be Saved by simply BELIEVING Jesus was who He SAID He was and by turning to Him a Wretched man can find Salvation just as solid as the man who has been practicing Faith for 90 years.....the-Thief will have extremely sparse rewards in Heaven , but the important thing is—- He IS in Heaven.....Faith in Jesus Christ Plus Nothing .
“ Poor Example?” I ask that you reconsider—— it is a complete and Beautiful Example That has given hope to millions......God Bless...

Reactions: Taken

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If an unbeliever chooses to believe IN Jesus as his Lord and Savior he is saved BUT if an unbeliever is baptized he is just a wet unbeliever.
That's not what Jesus said.
You should start believing Jesus.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he took them the same hour of the night
and washed their stripes , and was BAPTIZED , he and all HIS immediately .
IF JESUS said it we DO IT . hearers only decieve themselves .
Let us open bibles and learn the glorious truth of all those beloved words .
Hearers but not doers , Deceive themselves .
BUT DOERS who do to earn , DECIEVE THEMSELVES .
But let all who has breath remember this as well .
IF anything comes FROM GOD its beautiful , wonderful , holy , righteous and true . THUS though the law cannot save us
IT AINT DUNG either my friend . That , is why i worry for you my friend .
I have seen some things you teach and they make me shudder in terror for you . You might have the gosple down
But so do even the devils know and beleive in HIM . Out of great love alone i warn and remnid you . Remember that .

I do believe you are sincere in your concern about me, so I thank you.....However, all I do is put my Faith in the Promises Of Of God . That's What Faith is —- taking God at His Word .I actually Believe 1Cor15:1-4 Plus NOtHING for my SALVATION ......I do as Hebrews 3 and 4 Commands .....I REST in that Gospel , assured That I have “ passed from death unto life” .....
I also love Jesus and therefore I follow His Commandments..... #1 Believe. #2 Love

I got the “ biggies” Of our “New and Better” Covenant pretty well covered, Methinks. We live in a wondrous Age Of Grace and I bask in it .....with no apologies.....thanks for your concern .....I think it would be+better spent if you give it to those that do not REST in the Gospel — if you are not RESTING in the Gospel Of Pure Grace, God says you are in a state of “ Disobedience and UNBELIEF”—- Serious Accusations , wouldn’t you agree ? .....those who are at peace , knowing their Salvation is forever safe and secure because they actually Believe in the Finished Work Of The Cross are Living lives pleasing to God ......I don't have to worry about Obedience Anymore .....God knows my “ rest “ Spurs Love and Love is the Engine that drives Obedience ....
It just kinda occurs naturally , as do most things ( if not all) that are Spirit Driven .....unfortunately , some things can’t really be explained —- they have to be Lived Out....

Thanks again for your concern.....I hope those new to the Faith will learn how to REST in the Gospel and fully understand how this nice man’s fears for me are misplaced .....God Bless

Last edited:

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it is the ULTIMATE Example of how to be Saved....all of this was no accident ..God Used this marvelous depiction of His Grace to show the world from that day forward the essentials for Salvation.... so many people are insecure in their Salvation ...many wonder, “ must I do this ?” Or “ must I do that?”
To get Saved all a person has to do is do what the Thief did ....he arrived at his crucification a bitter, angry , lost man. Only concerned about his own hide—- just like the other Thief. But then something happened.....he underwent “ a change of mind” ( That is Saving Repentance) The “ repentance” was a result of a Holy Spirit - Given Contrite Heart ( “N OBODY comes to God , lest the Spirit Draw Him” and the Spirit “ draws” by convicting men of their Sin) .Thanks to the eye opening power of the Holy Spirit , he came to his senses— He saw That He was a Sinner That had to have a Savior and he literally Turned to Jesus as the one that could grant him that forgiveness.When he asked Jesus to “ remember him” , that proved that he believed that Jesus was who He claimed to be .The Thief Believed the One that “said” he would rise from the dead , would actually “ do “ so........In essence the Thief Believed the Gospel .....That same Gospel , if Believed , will Save Anybody .....
The Thief , only by the Amazing Grace Of God , got Saved like everybody else does..... God , via a visit by the Holy Spirit , gave him a Contrite Heart , one able to then see that he was a lost sinner that HAD to have a Savior. He then was able to do the Two Things He HAD to do in order to be Saved.....as the Bible says later on.....God's Formula for Salvation is this—- “ Turn to me ( Repent) with Faith in Jesus Christ “ and I will save you “ to the Uttermost”......
The Thief and his amazing, “full-Of -hope” story , one that shows that even at the last minutes of a life of sin a man can be Saved by simply BELIEVING Jesus was who He SAID He was and by turning to Him a Wretched man can find Salvation just as solid as the man who has been practicing Faith for 90 years.....the-Thief will have extremely sparse rewards in Heaven , but the important thing is—- He IS in Heaven.....Faith in Jesus Christ Plus Nothing .
“ Poor Example?” I ask that you reconsider—— it is a complete and Beautiful Example That has given hope to millions......God Bless...

Jesus said, after his resurrection, " He who believes and is baptized will be saved".
Believe Jesus not your own fanciful ideas.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Thief , only by the Amazing Grace Of God , got Saved like everybody else does.....

Correct.

The Thief...said Jesus had done no wrong.
The Thief...acknowledged, his own sin, and that none applied to Jesus.
The Thief...acknowledged Jesus' Kingdom.
And yes, the Thief ask Jesus to remember him.

Mary, revealed her Belief when she acknowledged herself as the handmaiden of the Lord.

Jesus' Disciples, Revealed their Belief when they said they were sure He knew all things and was from God.

Paul, revealed his Belief, when he said, Lord, what will he have me do.

Rom 10:
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Who calls upon, calls out to, talks to, agrees to serve...that which they do not Believe?

The Gift of Salvation of ones soul is not a big mystery.
Salvation of ones soul is Expressly for having True Belief in ones heart.

Glory to God,
Taken

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, after his resurrection, " He who believes and is baptized will be saved".

Misquoting Scripture is a bad thing ....you need to stop this....
Jesus went on to say that those who do NOT BELIEVE will be damned....He did not have a” memory-lapse when he did “ NOT SAY” , nor include , that the Baptism part was essential to avoid Damnation...you think it’s a coincidence that he did not mention in the “ damnation” section of his statement anything about “ Baptism?” It is a VITAL statement that Jesus is making here.....he ain't gonna mess it up.....
Look.I am ALL IN when it comes to baptism —— it’s for Saved Believers to do.....done as an act of Obedience.....it shows an on-looking , Lost World a story .... showing outwardly what has happened internally to a Believer .......the old man has been killed and a “ new man” has arisen.....
Baptism in and of itself can mean Nothing and even Worse than Nothing.The Great Evangelist and man of God , Oliver Greene , first got baptized because he thought it would help him “ get lucky “ with a Church Girl.........it’s not so much the “Baptism” —— its the Heart of the one being baptized.....only God sees that heart...... God bless

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus went on to say that those who do NOT BELIEVE will be damned....He did not have a” memory-lapse when he did “ NOT SAY” , nor include , that the Baptism part was essential to avoid Damnation...you think it’s a coincidence that he did not mention in the “ damnation” section of his statement anything about “ Baptism?” It is a VITAL statement that Jesus is making here.....he ain't gonna mess it up.....
Look.I am ALL IN when it comes to baptism —— it’s for Saved Believers to do.....done as an act of Obedience.....it shows an on-looking , Lost World a story .... showing outwardly what has happened internally to a Believer .......the old man has been killed and a “ new man” has arisen.....
Baptism in and of itself can mean Nothing and even Worse than Nothing.The Great Evangelist and man of God , Oliver Greene , first got baptized because he thought it would help him “ get lucky “ with a Church Girl.........it’s not so much the “Baptism” —— its the Heart of the one being baptized.....only God sees that heart...... God bless
Acts 2.41 shows that those who gladly received his word were baptized; they were baptized because they were believers, not in order supposedly to become believers.

Reactions: mailmandan

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Of course......Believes AND Baptized.
Two parties....A man AND God.
Two Actions....Belief BYthe man
....................AND
....................Baptism BY God.

Can not have an Agreement between A man and God...without both, A man AND God taking part in the Agreement.

Glory to God,
Taken

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

The Thief...said Jesus had done no wrong.
The Thief...acknowledged, his own sin, and that none applied to Jesus.
The Thief...acknowledged Jesus' Kingdom.
And yes, the Thief ask Jesus to remember him.

Mary, revealed her Belief when she acknowledged herself as the handmaiden of the Lord.

Jesus' Disciples, Revealed their Belief when they said they were sure He knew all things and was from God.

Paul, revealed his Belief, when he said, Lord, what will he have me do.

Rom 10:
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Who calls upon, calls out to, talks to, agrees to serve...that which they do not Believe?

The Gift of Salvation of ones soul is not a big mystery.
Salvation of ones soul is Expressly for having True Belief in ones heart.

Glory to God,
Taken

And as the example of both Peter and Lydia ( the Seller Of Purple) prove——- NOBODY Believes until God “ opens the heart” for the Lost Sinner to not only “hear” the Gospel, But BELIEVE that Gospel.
“ Nobody comes lest the Spirit draw him”........ the initiative belongs to God.....not us....
Any Fools out there that think that they will wait and “ get right with God”on their Death Beds Might want to think again—- it aint up to you.You are “Bad Soil” and you'd better pray to God that He will Hear your sincere prayers to make you “ good soil” before it is too late for you.... “Today is the Day Of Salvation...”

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you believe that if a man is in Christ, he is no longer a sinner?
He is a believer and no longer lost in his sins. Acts 10:43 - Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.

1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 1:13 - In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation—having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise.

I would say, of course they come out of the water as wet sinners....saved by grace.
Coming out of the water as wet sinners is not being saved by grace through faith. It's just getting wet and remaining in your sins.

Last edited:

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree. Matt 10:32 does not mention water.

Confession is the highlight, not water.

Matt 10:
[32] Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

The instruction Ananias gave Saul of Tarsus: "And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16). Saul, following the direction of Ananias, called on the name of the Lord at baptism.

God Bless!

Reactions: BGR

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Baptism is a command.
Disobeying a command, when that command is known, is disbelieving.

God is very merciful. People may believe but, being misled by people like you, not realise that baptism is a command. God may decide in such a case that he will accept them. In Catholic understanding there is baptism of desire. I have just given one example of that - a person would have desired baptism if they had understood it's importance and being command.
Another is the example of someone who believes and intends to be baptised but dies before they can be baptised.
God has given us the normal way to be saved. But should he choose to he can save outside of that normal way. We cannot choose that God should save us that way.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is a command.
Disobeying a command, when that command is known, is disbelieving.

Yes. This scripture comes to mind...

Luke 7:29-30 "And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him."

God Bless!

Reactions: BGR

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The instruction Ananias gave Saul of Tarsus: "And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16). Saul, following the direction of Ananias, called on the name of the Lord at baptism.

God Bless!

Your point?

Was Saul calling on the name of the Lord sufficient for Saul to receive Baptism of the Holy Spirit?

Glory to God,
Taken

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only as an infant in the RCC, but also later as an adult, prior to my conversion in a different church that also taught works salvation. Repent (change of mind) precedes believe/faith. (Matthew 21:32; Mark 1:15; Acts 20:21) I know multiple people who were water baptized as adults in various churches that taught salvation by works and looking back at the time they were water baptized, realized later after their conversion that they did not truly repent and believe the gospel at the time of their previous baptism. They just previously came up out of the water as wet sinners.

In Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

*Also compare the fact that these Gentiles in Acts 10:45 received the gift of the Holy Spirit (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) and this was BEFORE water baptism (Acts 10:47).

In Acts 10:43 we read ..whoever believes in Him receives remission of sins. Again, these Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 10:45 - when they believed in the Lord Jesus Christ - Acts 11:17 - (compare with Acts 16:31 - Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved) BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:47. This is referred to as repentance unto life - Acts 11:18.

So the only logical conclusion *when properly harmonizing scripture with scripture* is that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18). *Perfect Harmony*
No, Peter said "be baptized for the remission of sins", not, 'repent for the remission of sins".

You destroyed Acts 2:38....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus per Mark 16:16....believe-baptized-saved.

Peter in Acts 2:38...repent(believe)-baptized-saved(remission of sins).

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism saves no one!!!

OOPS!!! Did God forget to tell us that we MUSTbe baptized to be saved????
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13
GOD SAYS=
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................OOPS!!! Did God forget to tell us that we MUSTbe baptized to be saved????