How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it applied? What must a man do in order for it to be applied?

My answer to this question is Romans 10:8-13.

Believing is unto righteousness; but confession is unto salvation.
Blood is applied by the will of God. The one Christ shed His Blood for is Justified by it by the will and justice of God!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of Christ Justifies Rom 5:9
How is it applied? Answer= believe and understand the Word of God.
That is false. It's application is before we are born. Those Christ died for come out the womb as justified ungodly sinners.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jbf

How is it applied? What must a man do in order for it to be applied?

Nothing it's applied by Grace! Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blood is applied by the will of God. The one Christ shed His Blood for is Justified by it by the will and justice of God!
We appropriate the blood of Christ through faith. We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:2).

It is not an arbitrary decision on the part of God to save some and then to place others in hell.

God foreordains according to His foreknowledge of each individual's situation. If, in the course of their lifetime, He knows that they will repent and place their trust in Him, He then chooses them before they choose Him, from the perspective of where He sits in eternity.

All are given an opportunity to place their faith in Him; and the hypothetical situation does not exist, where a person might desire to place their faith in Christ for salvation but He casts them out because they were not of His elect. Jesus said, "Whoever comes to me I will in no wise cast out." (John 6:37)

So then, if you are willing to come to Christ, then come to Him; and do not worry that you might not be of His elect. If you succeed at coming to Him then you are of His elect; and if you even desire to come to Him I believe that you will succeed at coming to Him; for He will not cast you away by any means.

God desires that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). He is not willing that any perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). He gave His life as a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:6). He died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2).

Therefore, there is no "Limited Atonement". It is "Universal Atonement" and "Limited Salvation"...because God will save those who receive His gift as it is freely given to them; and it is clear that there are those who will never receive His gift. Just as there are those who say, "NeverTrump" there are those who say "NeverJesus"...and as sad as this is, it is a fact in human history that there are those who will not (ever) avail themselves of the salvation that is offered to them by the Lord.

I contend that they cannot blame God for their eventual damnation in hell; but that they have only themselves to blame.

Therefore the Lord did not arbitrarily choose some out for heaven and consign all others to the lake of fire; for in that scenario, there is no resisting of the will of the Lord and therefore those who are in the lake of fire can say that it was God's fault that they are there...and may even comfort themselves with the idea that the Lord cannot live with Himself in His conscience because of what He did...in casting billions into the lake of fire for no better reason than that it was simply His will to do so.

That is not the God that I serve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mungo

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We appropriate the blood of Christ through faith. We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:2).

It is not an arbitrary decision on the part of God to save some and then to place others in hell.

God foreordains according to His foreknowledge of each individual's situation. If, in the course of their lifetime, He knows that they will repent and place their trust in Him, He then chooses them before they choose Him, from the perspective of where He sits in eternity.

All are given an opportunity to place their faith in Him; and the hypothetical situation does not exist, where a person might desire to place their faith in Christ for salvation but He casts them out because they were not of His elect. Jesus said, "Whoever comes to me I will in no wise cast out." (John 6:37)

So then, if you are willing to come to Christ, then come to Him; and do not worry that you might not be of His elect. If you succeed at coming to Him then you are of His elect; and if you even desire to come to Him I believe that you will succeed at coming to Him; for He will not cast you away by any means.

God desires that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). He is not willing that any perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). He gave His life as a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:6). He died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2).

Therefore, there is no "Limited Atonement". It is "Universal Atonement" and "Limited Salvation"...because God will save those who receive His gift as it is freely given to them; and it is clear that there are those who will never receive His gift. Just as there are those who say, "NeverTrump" there are those who say "NeverJesus"...and as sad as this is, it is a fact in human history that there are those who will not (ever) avail themselves of the salvation that is offered to them by the Lord.

I contend that they cannot blame God for their eventual damnation in hell; but that they have only themselves to blame.

Therefore the Lord did not arbitrarily choose some out for heaven and consign all others to the lake of fire; for in that scenario, there is no resisting of the will of the Lord and therefore those who are in the lake of fire can say that it was God's fault that they are there...and may even comfort themselves with the idea that the Lord cannot live with Himself in His conscience because of what He did...in casting billions into the lake of fire for no better reason than that it was simply His will to do so.

That is not the God that I serve.
Those Christ died for have justification applied to them before they have faith given to them. Justification has been applied to the them while being enemies and ungodly unbelievers.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those Christ died for have justification applied to them before they have faith given to them. Justification has been applied to the them while being enemies and ungodly unbelievers.
Some people are as blind as a bat when it comes to scriptures that tell us that salvation comes as the result of our faith in Christ; and not that our faith in Christ comes as the result of our salvation.

For again, we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand...thus the doorway into salvation is opened by the key of faith.

And this means that we do not have salvation apart from faith. It is not an arbitrary decision on the part of God to cast certain people into the lake of fire. They go there because they rejected Christ, God's free gift of salvation.

And that is the bottom line.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people are as blind as a bat when it comes to scriptures that tell us that salvation comes as the result of our faith in Christ; and not that our faith in Christ comes as the result of our salvation.

For again, we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand...thus the doorway into salvation is opened by the key of faith.

And this means that we do not have salvation apart from faith. It is not an arbitrary decision on the part of God to cast certain people into the lake of fire. They go there because they rejected Christ, God's free gift of salvation.

And that is the bottom line.
In my christianity salvation comes solely through Jesus Christ. Our faith is the fruit of it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my christianity salvation comes solely through Jesus Christ. Our faith is the fruit of it.
Faith is indeed a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and a gift of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:9).

However, this is not to say that initial faith does not come as the avenue into receiving grace as is written in Romans 5:2.

And if it is the avenue into receiving grace, then it comes before grace.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what do you mean by "my christianity"?

Should you not subscribe to a Christianity that is based in truth and not based on your own opinions?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf

However, this is not to say that initial faith does not come as the avenue into receiving grace as is written in Romans 5:2.

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit

And if it is the avenue into receiving grace, then it comes before grace.

You have it backwards, men believe because of Grace Acts 18:27

And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit

You have it backwards, men believe because of Grace Acts 18:27

And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:
There is prevenient grace and then there is grace for salvation.

Your verse is speaking of prevenient grace.

Grace for salvation is obtained through faith in Jesus Christ only.

For we have access by faith into this (saving) grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:2).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 5:1, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is prevenient grace and then there is grace for salvation.

Your verse is speaking of prevenient grace.

Grace for salvation is obtained through faith in Jesus Christ only.

For we have access by faith into this (saving) grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:2).
Again you sound backwards

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can quote scripture
You really think so?

Personally, I think that only those who have a working knowledge of holy scripture can quote it without making a fool of themselves.

For it is written,

2Ti 2:15, Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved in baptism but faith is required, just as Jesus said: He who believes and is baptized will be saved (Mk 16:16)
Baptism does not save anyone===Proof=many unbelievers are baptized to please their wife,mother, friends but they are still just baptized unbelievers on the road to hell!!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Baptism does not save anyone===Proof=many unbelievers are baptized to please their wife,mother, friends but they are still just baptized unbelievers on the road to hell!!

I said faith + baptism, not baptism alone.

You are in denial of scripture. You need to repent.

Last edited: