How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who submit to this ordinance.

There’s another, even simpler way to get that “ Holy Ghost” .....ask for it.
The “ KEY” to everything is seeing the “ NEED” for it.....
“Nobody comes to God, lest the Spirit draw him” ...The Holy Spirit must first draw a person with the Conviction Of Sin ......then , when a person sees the NEED for a Savior, he can “ Turn to God with Faith in Jesus Christ” .....THAT is the “ Repentance” That Saves......
It ain’t “ Turning from sin” that saves....its “ Turning “ TO” God that Saves.....Doing the latter will take care of the former.....The former is a well- intentioned , But Confused Fool’s Errand......Dont put the cart before the horse.......Sincerely Turn to God as a lost Sinner.....God will take care of the rest....Let Him “ Finish the Job That He started”——- it started with a Contrite Heart That only He can give.....a “ Contrite Heart” That says, “ Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner....”
That simple little prayer got a Sinful Tax Collector Of Jesus Day Saved.....it will get YOU Saved also....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953, you keep propagating the lie that repenting of sins is not salvational when Jesus is involved as the remedy for a lifestyle of sinning...and as long as you continue to propagate that lie I will post Ezekiel 33:11-20 in order to refute that propagation of a lie.

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

What I have quoted above in blue shows clearly that repenting from sins (turning away from iniquity and doing that which is lawful and right) will bring life (salvation) to the one who repents.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953, you keep propagating the lie that repenting of sins is not salvational when Jesus is involved as the remedy for a lifestyle of sinning...and as long as you continue to propagate that lie I will post Ezekiel 33:11-20 in order to refute that propagation of a lie.

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

What I have quoted above in blue shows clearly that repenting from sins (turning away from iniquity and doing that which is lawful and right) will bring life (salvation) to the one who repents.

You are free to waste all of the Computer ink you desire.....”Uncommon” men and women will “ get” what I teach....others won’t....l

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 is the GOSPEL!!!!
GOD's Word SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved......

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are free to waste all of the Computer ink you desire.....”Uncommon” men and women will “ get” what I teach....others won’t....l
Appealing to pride...

If I adhere to your doctrine, I am somehow better than most...of the "uncommon" sort.

I have to say that this is a devilish tactic.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appealing to pride...

If I adhere to your doctrine, I am somehow better than most...of the "uncommon" sort.

I have to say that this is a devilish tactic.

An “ uncommon “ man or woman can be put another way .....don’t try to make it mysterious or evil.....it’s just another way to describe those “ with ears to hear and eyes to see”.....Its a blessing given by the Holy Spirit......I wonder sometimes if you have either , with your False Gospel Of Lucky Repentance and all....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An “ uncommon “ man or woman can be put another way .....don’t try to make it mysterious or evil.....it’s just another way to describe those “ with ears to hear and eyes to see”.....Its a blessing given by the Holy Spirit......I wonder sometimes if you have either , with your False Gospel Of Lucky Repentance and all....
At this point I am just going to turn the other cheek and let the Father defend His truth...

SLAP AWAY.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's funny about it?

Pro 26:18, Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death,
Pro 26:19, Is the man who deceives his neighbor,
And says, “I was only joking!”
[/QUOTE]

How does one explain a joke to one devoid of a sense of humor?
“A merry heart does good, like medicine”.......
Let it go , jbf .....let it go .....you just keep digging a hole for yourself and don’t even realize it....Stupidity is NOT a Virtue......do I need to draw you a picture of that too?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At this point I am just going to turn the other cheek and let the Father defend His truth...

SLAP AWAY.

Your ” holiness” and superiority to the rest Of us mere Sinners is duly noted..... Leaven Spreaders need a good “ smack”.....and “ cast out” of the congregation of true Believers who have not Fallen from Grace like you and Ferris....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does one explain a joke to one devoid of a sense of humor?
“A merry heart does good, like medicine”.......
Let it go , jbf .....let it go .....you just keep digging a hole for yourself and don’t even realize it....Stupidity is NOT a Virtue......do I need to draw you a picture of that too?
Insults?

That's really good fruit...

Mat 7:15, Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16, Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17, Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18, A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19, Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20, Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Insults?

That's really good fruit...

Mat 7:15, Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16, Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17, Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18, A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19, Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20, Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Fruit is something that grows on trees and sometimes we eat it....I don’t follow you....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your ” holiness” and superiority to the rest Of us mere Sinners is duly noted..... Leaven Spreaders need a good “ smack”.....and “ cast out” of the congregation of true Believers who have not Fallen from Grace like you and Ferris....
You are persecuting us for our righteousness' sake...but your attacks are not going to deter me from proclaiming the truth.

They are very likely not going to deter @Ferris Bueller, either.

We have not fallen from grace, as you try to proclaim...we are very much recipients of God's grace.

However we have not accepted grace as being a license for immorality as you have.

But I know that I know that I know that I know that I am forgiven of every sin through the blood of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

The fact that I seek to be obedient to His Spirit is what you take issue with, however.

You seem to think that that is the same thing as being justified by the law.

While walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit means that the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me (Romans 8:4).

Yet I am not justified by the law but through my faith in Jesus who has given me His Spirit through that faith (Galatians 3:14).

And the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in me because I walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4) whom He has given me through the faith that I am justified by (Romans 3:20, Galatians 2:16).

I do not claim that my obedience or my performance justifies me...

The root of my obedience is what justifies me...faith in Jesus Christ...and it produces both obedience and justification.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would bring to bear this scripture on the conversation.

Rom 6:22, But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.