How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your fruit is thorns and thistles...grapes and figs therefore cannot be eaten from your branches.

All kidding aside, ( you “ did” know I was kidding, right? .....probably not)..... my “ Fruit” is declaring “ Nothing But The Blood” and “ Resting in the Gospel” .....Anybody That has spent any time in these discussion groups knows that......
You have chosen to describe that as “ thorns and thistles”...... May God have mercy on you....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All kidding aside, ( you “ did” know I was kidding, right? .....probably not)..... my “ Fruit” is declaring “ Nothing But The Blood” and “ Resting in the Gospel” .....Anybody That has spent any time in these discussion groups knows that......
You have chosen to describe that as “ thorns and thistles”...... May God have mercy on you....

No, I am calling your insult against me as being "stupid" or "common" to be thorns and thistles.

You are condescending and insulting towards those who disagree with you.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have been partially saved in that they have died to self.

In receiving baptism, they will then be buried and risen with Christ in order that they might walk in newness of life.

Partially Saved?
Never heard of such a thing in Scripture.

*A man is "enlightened", by HEARING the Word of God.
^ That is a TIME, during which a man IS "learning" ABOUT the Lord God.
^ That is the time, during which a man IS given "measures of Faith From God";
Called, "TASTING".

*As a man CONTINUES Hearing the Word of God, "the mans measures of Faith given him INCREASES".
*As the mans FAITH increases, BECAUSE he continues to HEAR, the man, IS BEING "Prepared", to Believe what he HEARS, and through "CONTINUENCE" of Hearing, BEING "Prepared" TO HEART-fully:
CONFESS HIS BELIEF.

* THAT ^ is the crucial POINT in a persons life, FOR: Salvation of his SOUL.
IF the man CONTINUES HEARING;
He CONTINUES receiveing FAITH from GOD.
IF the man STOPS HEARING;
He STOPS receiving FAITH from GOD.
* A man who STOPS receiving FAITH from GOD;
* IS CALLED: HAVING FALLEN FROM FAITH.

Soul Salvation has NOT OCCURED

* A man WHO continues, receiving FAITH, AND "heartfully" CONFESSES his BELIEF IN the Lord God...
* THAT ^ IS the moment;
that mans SOUL IS SAVED
Period!

* The KEY IS....a true heartful Confession of the individuals Belief. (NOT from the MIND, NOT because Mommy or Daddy wants that for you, NOT because it will give you status Among the Congregation or Community, or any other reason....)
* IT is solely Because you Believe in "your HEART", In the Lord God...and the Lord God has searched "your Heart", to see whether or not your Confession, BE HEARTFULLY TRUE.

Found, (by God), Heartfully TRUE?
Immediately "that mans SOUL IS SAVED".
Wholly and Competely, FOREVER.

Immediately FOLLOWING, a mans
"Supernatural SOUL SAVING"... IS SEVERAL..
Other "SUPERNATURAL" acts of God, pursuant to "that man"... (including/but not Limited to)
The man Receiving;
The Lords BAPTISM of the Holy Spirit of Truth/ Gods Truth

So, Disagree, there is such a thing AS:
"Particial soul salvation".

Glory to God,
Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is also a good idea to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39); for the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who submit to this ordinance.

You receive the Holy Spirit when you are born again.
Its the same thing.
This happens exactly when you Believe and God accepts your FAITH to Justify you through the blood of Jesus, and give you the "New birth"
Water is not involved in the "new birth", as water has no power to cause it.

justbyfaith, stop replacing the Holy Spirit with Water, as that is what the water cultist's do, and that offends God's Grace and the Cross.

Peter in Acts 2, tells the Jews to REPENT of their unbelief and receive Christ, and they do.
Then they are water baptized, AFTER they are born again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You receive the Holy Spirit when you are born again.
Its the same thing.
This happens exactly when you Believe and God accepts your FAITH to Justify you through the blood of Jesus, and give you the "New birth"
Water is not involved in the "new birth", as water has no power to cause it.

justbyfaith, stop replacing the Holy Spirit with Water, as that is what the water cultist's do, and that offends God's Grace and the Cross.

Peter in Acts 2, tells the Jews to REPENT of their unbelief and receive Christ, and they do.
Then they are water baptized, AFTER they are born again.
So, @Behold,

Please expound Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 and show how it does not say that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water only gets you wet!!!
It is not that the water has magical properties but that it provides the only accurate representation of being buried and risen with Christ as an identification with His death, burial, and resurrection.

Such a thing is a more powerful confession of Jesus before men than merely confessing Him with your mouth.

See Matthew 10:32 and Luke 12:8 for information as to whether such a thing might be salvational in a man's life.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, @Behold,

Please expound Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 and show how it does not say that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

One can be water baptized underneath Niagara Falls if they so choose.....
The Baptism that counts is being baptized into “ The Body Of Christ”..... if you have not undergone THAT baptism......you are as Lost as an Eskimo in the Sahara Desert......

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One can be water baptized underneath Niagara Falls if they so choose.....
The Baptism that counts is being baptized into “ The Body Of Christ”..... if you have not undergone THAT baptism......you are as Lost as an Eskimo in the Sahara Desert......
Being water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins is to be baptized into the body of Christ; for the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who receive this ordinance "in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partially Saved?
Never heard of such a thing in Scripture.
Repentance is a part of salvation but not the whole.

So, if a man repents but does not get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins, do they have the remission (forgiveness) of sins?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm walking in the Holy Spirit. How is that falling from grace?

It’s possible to do both.....maybe.....
“ if you will confess me before men , I will confess you before my Father”...... you would probably pass that test.....you are most likely saved.....
You Add to Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing with Lucky Repentance, Sabbath Worship being a Must, Willful Sins not covered by Grace and your latest Addition—- Divorce being an unpardonable Sin...
One small problem, however.....it’s one thing to “ fall” for a “ perverted” Gospel —you “ fall from Grace.” Perhaps that only entails that your Walk Of Faith is a beggarly one with little assurance and Joy in your life ....
According to Gal 1:8 if you go farther than just fall for a False Gospel—- if you are the one that TEACHES it—— you are “ Accursed” . That is a polite way to say that you are damned.
These are the facts from the Bible ....do what you want with them....
Why take any chances? God says in Hebrews that if you do not REST in the Gospel , which means you don’t ADD to it , you are guilty of Disobedience and UNBELIEF. Serious stuff. Pray to God that he would show you how to Rest.....it could be a lot more important to do this than you realize..

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who receive this ordinance "in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-

It’s also promised to anybody that asks for it......” seek and you will find, ask and it shall be given to you....all that ask shall receive”.....

“Anybody that asks to be Saved, will be Saved....”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if a man repents but does not get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins, do they have the remission (forgiveness) of sins?

Paul said if you believe Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave you would be Saved.....no mention of baptism there.....no mention of repenting from all of your sins before you die.....no mention of divorce cancelling all of this out .....no mention of avoiding “ willful sins” lest all of this would be cancelled......
Simply Rest in the Gospel Of Grace —- remittance Of sins are mandantory ....they are Built-in to the Gospel or the Gospel is a lie. Not likely.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to all those who receive this ordinance "in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-

It’s also promised to anybody that asks for it......” seek and you will find, ask and it shall be given to you....all that ask shall receive”.....

“Anybody that asks to be Saved, will be Saved....”

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened unto you" is what Jesus said.

So, I would say that the key to receiving remission of sins has to do with asking, seeking, and knocking.

Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the door that one might walk through after having knocked on the door of salvation.

Paul said if you believe Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave you would be Saved.....no mention of baptism there.....no mention of repenting from all of your sins before you die.....no mention of divorce cancelling all of this out .....no mention of avoiding “ willful sins” lest all of this would be cancelled......
Simply Rest in the Gospel Of Grace —- remittance Of sins are mandantory ....they are Built-in to the Gospel or the Gospel is a lie. Not likely.

No mention of faith in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 either. I don't interpret that to mean that faith doesn't play any part in our salvation.

So why do you interpret the lack of a mention of baptism in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 as meaning that baptism has no part to play in salvation?

Now the Lord is Omnipotent; so I suppose that He could have included every doctrine that is taught by the Bible in a singular verse and made His message to be condensed into a singular sentence...

But I do believe that the Lord chose to give out His truth as a set of doctrines contained in many verses; separated by topic.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Add to Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing with Lucky Repentance...
There's nothing lucky about repentance. God either allows you to repent, or he doesn't. The sad part is when God has the door of faith and repentance open and available to a person and that person makes the willful decision to not walk through it and they remain in their sin. That's called willfully sinning in unbelief. They are rejecting Christ. They will go to hell if they die in that willful unbelief.

You Add to Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing...Sabbath Worship being a Must...
Lol, no. I don't believe that. Believers do not have to keep a Mosaic Sabbath to enter God's rest because they have already entered into God's rest through the new way of faith in Christ. Just as believers do not have to sacrifice an animal for the forgiveness of sin because they have already been forgiven through the new way of faith in Jesus' sacrifice.

You Add to Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing ...Willful Sins not covered by Grace...
Willfully sinning in unbelief is not covered by grace. Unbelievers do not possess God's grace. Only believers do. If they possessed the grace of God they'd be believers. Think about it.

...and your latest Addition—- Divorce being an unpardonable Sin...
If a person divorced their spouse for reasons Jesus does not allow, God will forgive them if they confess and renounce their sin and ask him to forgive them. Chances are the person they divorced has already remarried, causing that person to commit adultery. And they themselves have probably committed adultery by remarrying, too. So, chances are the marriage they divorced themselves from is over. They need to admit their sin, and that they made a mistake and ask God to forgive them and then move on. It's not the unpardonable sin. It's pardonable if you admit you sinned and ask God to pardon you.

...your Walk Of Faith is a beggarly one with little assurance and Joy in your life ....
My new life gives me the assurance that I have the Holy Spirit inside of me in salvation. The slave to sin is the one who has no inheritance in the kingdom of God.....

30 ...the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” Galatians 4:30

The slave to sin is the one who has no assurance of salvation, or the joy of salvation. If your gospel has not set you free from your slavery to sin and you are still living in the lifestyle of willful sin of your old life then you do not have the real gospel. You have a false assurance of salvation. And certainly no joy of salvation.

According to Gal 1:8 if you go farther than just fall for a False Gospel—- if you are the one that TEACHES it—— you are “ Accursed” . That is a polite way to say that you are damned.
I don't believe or teach that works earn salvation, so I'm good here. Nor do I believe or teach that grace is a license that allows me to purposely live in sin and unbelief, so I'm good there, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance is a part of salvation but not the whole.

Not enough information.
Man repents to who?
Man repents for what?
Which Baptism?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not enough information.
Man repents to who?
Man repents for what?
Which Baptism?
I think this is making the issue unnecessarily complicated. The person who doesn't get water baptized for no other reason other than he just doesn't want to, just doesn't believe. It's that simple. The presence of true repentance and saving faith is known and recognized by it's obedience.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is making the issue unnecessarily complicated. The person who doesn't get water baptized for no other reason other than he just doesn't want to, just doesn't believe. It's that simple. The presence of true repentance and saving faith is known and recognized by it's obedience.

I can't complicate a point that is not clearly stated.

Regarding Baptism; I personally believe:
Holy Spiritual Baptism is the Only Baptism that matters:
And
Being a member of Christ's Spiritual Church is the Only Church that matters and Only membership that matters.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy Spiritual Baptism is the Only Baptism that matters:
And
Being a member of Christ's Spiritual Church is the Only Church that matters and Only membership that matters.

Glory to God,
Taken
Obedience matters because obedience is a direct indicator of whether or not you have the Holy Spirit in the first place. That's why we should not complicate this issue. Not getting baptized because you just don't want to get baptized shows you really haven't accepted Christ in the first place for it to even matter.