How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience matters because obedience is a direct indicator of whether or not you have the Holy Spirit in the first place. That's why we should not complicate this issue. Not getting baptized because you just don't want to get baptized shows you really haven't accepted Christ in the first place for it to even matter.

Baptism, Baptized.
Establish which Baptism YOU are speaking of.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism, Baptized.
Establish which Baptism YOU are speaking of.
Water baptism, of course. The only baptism you yourself initiate and have control over. That's what we're talking about here. There's no reason to complicate this. You either believe Jesus and you get water baptized, or you don't really believe Jesus and so you don't get water baptized.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Baptism?

There is one baptism (Ephesians 4:5); so your question is moot.

Regarding Baptism; I personally believe:
Holy Spiritual Baptism is the Only Baptism that matters:

So, you're saying that water baptism isn't baptism.

Because if water baptism is even baptism, baptism is three-in-one:

1) water, 2) Spirit, 3) fire.

You cannot have one without the other two; and you cannot have two without the other one.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, @Behold,

Please expound Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 and show how it does not say that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

Simple.
You can be water baptized and not be born again.
In that case, if you are "confirmed" or "sprinkled" or , "immersed", you are just as damned as you were before you did it..

So, then, the water didnt save you, and it didnt cause baptismal regeneration, because, you are still lost.

Solution?
Be born again by repenting of unbelief as the 3000 did in Acts 2, and then, as they did in Acts 2, now that they are born again, get in the water.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple.
In that case, if you are "confirmed" or "sprinkled" or , "immersed", you are just as damned as you were before you did it..

So, then, the water didnt save you, and it didnt cause baptismal regeneration, because, you are still lost.

Solution?
Be born again by repenting of unbelief as the 3000 did in Acts 2, and then, as they did in Acts 2, now that they are born again, get in the water.
many are water baptized and the same ol sinner as before . its not the act of water baptism that saves , ITS FAITH IN JESUS .
HOWEVER if our faith IS IN JESUS we would be water baptized . many folks follow men and their teachings and hermes and acroynms .
BUT A LAMB FOLLOWS THE BIBLICAL JESUS . LET ME DIE ten thousand deaths before i ever say otherwise .
EITHER we are lamb or a wamb . And i have lived both lives . OH YES . my next story , i pray scares the socks right off of ya .
I used to say with lips the very true gospel that JESUS does save , but my heart was far from him .
WHO WE SERVE is whose we are . NEVER FORGET THAT , and LEARN IT .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple.

Solution?
I will only say that if your water baptism is a confession of Jesus before men, in that you are identifying with Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection through baptism in His name, that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to you.

If it is not a confession of Jesus before men (such as in the case of infant baptism) then I agree with you, @Behold, that such a thing will not save a man.

But my case for baptism in Jesus' Name being salvational rests on Matthew 10:32 and Luke 12:8; not to mention the fact that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who receive baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

Act 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39, For the
<conditional> promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Rom 8:30, Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
many are water baptized and the same ol sinner as before . its not the act of water baptism that saves , ITS FAITH IN JESUS .
HOWEVER if our faith IS IN JESUS we would be water baptized . .

Exactly.

We are water baptized after we are born again.

Salvation, water baptism, is interesting, as its not the getting in the water that is the salvation symbolism, its the getting OUT of the water.

You can compare this to Noah's Flood.
Had they been able to get OUT of the water, they would have been saved, but because they are IN THE WATER, they DIED.

Being out of the water.......= Noah, was the safe place, and in our case, being out of the water, out of the FLOOD, is to be save, is to be in the ark, is because we are born again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I will only say that if your water baptism is a confession of Jesus before men, in that you are identifying with Jesus in His death, burial, and resurrection through baptism in His name, that the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to you.

Peter never preaches John the Baptist's water baptism again, after Paul taught him the Gospel of the Grace of God.
Don't realize that do you?
This is why Paul told you that : "Jesus sent me not to baptize".
He was talking, at that time, to that OT theology that was trying to make the water the salvation, in the NEW TESTAMENT.
You're still trying to do it 2000 yrs later.
Water cults have been trying to do it for 2000 yrs.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one baptism (Ephesians 4:5); so your question is moot.

So, you're saying that water baptism isn't baptism.

Because if water baptism is even baptism, baptism is three-in-one:

You cannot have one without the other two; and you cannot have two without the other one.

No need to "CHANGE", what I DID say, then ask me about what "YOU CHANGED".

I said there is ONLY One Baptism that MATTERS.

Scripture Speaks of more than ONE Baptism, and I said Nothing to the Contrary.

John BAPTIZED with "water".
Men after John, mimic John and "Baptize with water".

John's "water Baptism", was a mans Act, acknowledging a man's Sins/Transgressions, against God "could be" FORGIVEN.
John clearly Revealed;
The Holy Spirit Baptism, was Coming and Available to willing men.

Many men, have NOT been subjects of "man's" water Baptism...yet Have been subjects of the "Holy Spirits Baptism".

Expressly, I said, the Only ONE Baptism that Matters is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Many men...have been subjects of "man's water Baptism"...YET never "Received", the Baptism Of the "Holy Spirit".
(and precisely WHY, ONLY the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, IS the Only Baptism that matters .)

Souls are NOT Saved, and spirits are NOT Quickened BECAUSE a man dips or Sprinkles a man in/with Water.

Souls ARE Saved and spirits ARE Quickened;
BECAUSE of the Lords Supernatural Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Glory to God,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter never preaches John the Baptist's water baptism again,

Sure he does...in 1 Peter 3:20-21.

This is why Paul told you that : "Jesus sent me not to baptize".

That is 1 Corinthians 1:17...and it has a context. Paul did in fact baptize three individuals...Crispus, Gaius, and Stephanas...and it is very likely that these three did the baptizing from then on.

For it should be clear that Paul adopted Jesus' method spoken of in John 4:1-2...that he did not do the baptizing but his disciples did the baptizing.

For in Acts of the Apostles 18:8, we find that there were many baptized in Corinth as the result of Paul's ministry...it was just not Paul's hands that did the dunking.

Paul is not saying, when he says that Christ did not send him to baptize, that baptism is irrelevant.

He is saying that the Lord called him to a specific task of preaching the gospel; which includes the doctrine of Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

God did not send me to baptize either, for my ministry is on the internet and there is no contact with my people so that I could baptize them.

This does not mean that I do not preach the unequivocated truth that baptism in Jesus' Name will result in the promise of the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture Speaks of more than ONE Baptism,

Scripture teaches that there is one baptism (Ephesians 4:5).

Saying that scripture teaches more than one baptism is like saying scripture teaches more than one God.

Baptism is three-in-one, like the Trinity.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Souls are NOT Saved, and spirits are NOT Quickened BECAUSE a man dips or Sprinkles a man in/with Water.

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture teaches that there is one baptism (Ephesians 4:5).

Saying that scripture teaches more than one baptism is like saying scripture teaches more than one God.

Nonsensesical anology.
Baptism is an action BY a Being.
God is a Being.
Mankind is a Being.

Baptism is three-in-one, like the Trinity.

Water Baptism is an Action by Mankind Beings.
Spiritual Baptism is a Holy Action by a Holy Spiritual God, purifying the Subjects Soul with Fire. (Which removes the impurities of the Subjects Soul).

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

And? Are you OF the Tribes of ISRAEL? That were scattered among the nations? and Did as Heathens? And has God Sprinkled you with Water?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't know that answer to that question.

Any one of us may have been switched at birth.
The true israel of GOD , consists of both jews and gentiles WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS . Yep we are grafted into and made partakers of
Through JESUS . They are not all of israel who are of israel . Not even a jew is truly of spiritual israel , IF they believe not in JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And? Are you OF the Tribes of ISRAEL? That were scattered among the nations? and Did as Heathens? And has God Sprinkled you with Water?
Ye are clean through the WORD that i have spoken unto you . The true word of GOD makes clean the heart . JESUS IS THE WORD of GOD
and HIS SAYINGS cannot be seperated from HIM . IF we love HIM , WE LOVE ALL HIS SAYINGS . LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I am calling your insult against me as being "stupid" or "common" to be thorns and thistles.

You are condescending and insulting towards those who disagree with you.

To which I would respond——- I am insulting to those that Pervert Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing...? As Paul Himself was....

Last edited: