How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
works works works!!!

baptism required Mk 16:16

Works are not how anyone is saved.

It’s faith and repentance, and not one thing more.

The thief on the cross wasn’t let off the cross so he could be baptized and do good works, and get back on it after he earned salvation.

Faith and repentance get us saved, works of love and the Royal law - you won’t know what that is, look in James - perfect our faith.

No one is ever sent to the lake of fire for not being baptized:

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars,, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Your version of Christianity would rewrite the above verse thusly:

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, and the unbaptized, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And the most unbiblical and ridiculous ritual of all is infant baptism.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, per Acts 2:38, Peter said something else but really meant "change your mind for the remission of sins"?

“ Changing your mind” means to go from Unbelief in Jesus to Belief in Jesus.....I don’t care “ what” a person does or how many hoops he jumps through.....if that is not the Essence of what you have done you are not saved......

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ Changing your mind” means to go from Unbelief in Jesus to Belief in Jesus.....I don’t care “ what” a person does or how many hoops he jumps through.....if that is not the Essence of what you have done you are not saved......

That is not the definition of repentance. which is to change one’s mind about sin and regret ones past sins, per Thayer’s Greek Lexicon:

STRONGS G3341:
μετάνοια, μετανοίας, ἡ (μετανοέω), a change of mind: as it appears in one who repents of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done, Hebrews 12:17 on which see εὑρίσκω, 3 ((Thucydides 3, 36, 3); Polybius 4, 66, 7; Plutarch, Peric c. 10; mor., p. 26 a.; τῆς ἀδελφοκτονιας μετάνοια, Josephus, Antiquities 13, 11, 3); especially the change of mind of those who have begun to abhor their errors and misdeeds, and have determined to enter upon a better course of life, so that it embraces both a recognition of sin and sorrow for it and hearty amendment, the tokens and effects of which are good deeds (Lactantius, 6, 24, 6 would have it rendered in Latin byresipiscentia) (A. V. repentance):

And just plugging your claimed definition of repentance into scripture exposes that it’s highly erroneous:

Actual scripture:
Luke 15:7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Same scripture with your definition of repentance:
Luke 15:7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no belief.

Repentance is changing one’s mind about sin, and being sorrowful for past sins, and going in a new direction.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works are not how anyone is saved.

It’s faith and repentance, and not one thing more.

Mk 16;16 acts 2:38 baptism

The thief on the cross wasn’t let off the cross so he could be baptized and do good works, and get back on it after he earned salvation.

not in effect until the death of Christ
Heb 9:16

Faith and repentance get us saved, works of love and the Royal law - you won’t know what that is, look in James - perfect our faith.

1 cor 13:2 even all faith without charity avails nothing

Rom 13:11 not faith alone

No one is ever sent to the lake of fire for not being baptized:

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars,, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Your version of Christianity would rewrite the above verse thusly:

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, and the unbaptized, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And the most unbiblical and ridiculous ritual of all is infant baptism.

infant baptism is biblical

acts 2:38-39 this promise (ez 36:25-27) is to you’re children!

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized.
(It does not say except infants)

Lk 2:10-11 all people Jn 1:29 all people including infants

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no they are going to be raised in the faith in a Christian home then at the age of reason receiving the sacrament of confirmation
You must think Jesus and Peter were dopes for not teaching or baptizing infants, only repented persons, huh?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we just change our mind instead, and skip baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins as Peter commanded to sinners at the birthday of the church in Acts 2?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
infant baptism is biblical

acts 2:38-39 this promise (ez 36:25-27) is to you’re children!

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized.
(It does not say except infants)

Lk 2:10-11 all people Jn 1:29 all people including infants
Do infants obey the gospel or Acts 2:38?

Do they "confess Jesus"?

Do they repent?

Do they believe?

Do they ask Jesus to save them?

Do you baptize them in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins?

Do you guys even read the Bible or obey men in robes like the Jews obeyed the Sanhedrin?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do they "confess Jesus"?

Do they repent?

Do they believe?

Do you baptize them in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins?

Do you guys even read the Bible or obey men in robes like the Jews obeyed the Sanhedrin?

not possible not required

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do they "confess Jesus"?

Do they repent?

Do they believe?

infants have no personal sin to repent of

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Obey and be baptized after you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior NOT to be saved but because you have been saved and want to obey!!