How to change?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
ha, fwiw i click "new posts" or "recent posts"--which i'm not sure the diff?--when i come here, and this thread just now popped up!
i'm not sure either it should be new thread instead of new post basically new post and recent post is the same right admin? @Angelina :p
But then imo you will have to--do what most believers won't, i guess--
thank you
Bc after all, we really want to be the driver, with "Jesus is my copilot" huh. But imo one will never walk on water that way!
true it was always like that i blame this free will

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Since this is in the Christian Newbies sub-forum, have you been a Christian very long?
If not, see if your church has a New Believers' class. If they don't, check nearby churches.
oh was this in category christian newbie
then a lot of months has already pass when i created this

there is this thing called lockdown and mass gatherings is still banned

i even if there is no lockdown going i am not attending any church i just listen to preachings online because attending is the same as watching online except you get to chat with strangers sinners irl

what do you mean by christian? for you what is the meaning of christian because the meaning of christian for me is those are people who really follow christ those people who keeps his commandments

and it was not just because you believe you are already considered a christian this is what christian meant to me what it is for you?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
My meaning for "Christian" starts HERE and just keeps getting better.
Have you heard of the four spiritual laws?
Just as there are physical laws that govern the physical universe, so are there spiritual laws that govern your relationship with God.

1 GOD LOVES YOU AND OFFERS A WONDERFUL PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE.

God's Love
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

John 3:16, NIV

God's Plan
[Christ speaking] "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly" [that it might be full and meaningful].

John 10:10

Why is it that most people are not experiencing the abundant life? Because...

uhh..not really sure what you really meant by what christian is to you?

you ask have you been a christian for a long time? what is a christian? the url above says no of sort

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life

but not anyone that says lord lord shall enter

just because someone says i believe it does not mean that someone really believe right it is so easy to say i believe but when the wind blows we will realized our little faith in him

i've been meaning to ask

if i believe in him but do not keep his commandments will i still get the eternal life? @Sabertooth

because there is a lot of interpretation in the word believe

but the truth is if i believe in him but do not keep his commandments this is impossible i believe but do not keep 100% impossible

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if i believe in him but do not keep his commandments will i still get the eternal life? @Sabertooth
Once you are Born-Again, you just need to surrender to the Holy Spirit and repent at those times that you fail to do so. God uses the Bible in that process but the Bible is useless without Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can't change without the work of the Holy Spirit within us. If we try and change ourselves we end up being self-righteous, which is hateful to God.

Reminds me of the question: How many Christian counsellors does it take to change a light bulb? None, unless the light bulb wants to change.

How many First Century believers does it take to change a light bulb? Answer: What's a light bulb?
For some reason when I look at your avatar and then look at Funny Bird’s, i get a strange feeling that something is wrong with that match up.:eek: LOL

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
For some reason when I look at your avatar and then look at Funny Bird’s, i get a strange feeling that something is wrong with that match up.:eek: LOL
Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

in this kind of era there are a lot of scammers you should be careful do not be decieved by what you only see

i am just saying you can't just judge a person by it's cover

Reactions: amadeus

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

in this kind of era there are a lot of scammers you should be careful do not be decieved by what you only see

i am just saying you can't just judge a person by it's cover
I hope you realize it was a cat/bird joke.

Reactions: Nancy

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
wow can' believe i said those things and no one really responded probably because no one really cares too deeply to the point that they would be in service to be of use of all people but according to the word God himself did that

people are only human who lives their own lives every human has their own problem to worry about

A lot of people need to keep their mouths shut because every time they open it they put their foot in it. And it does say that silence is golden.

Two ears and one mouth. listen twice as much as you talk.

I have a problem like you but different because I am autistic. I know everything but no one asks the questions. A waste of my talents don't you think? However, we plow on and in due season we reap if we faint not. If we do faint the best thing to do is eat some chocolate...or a donut.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spurgeon missed seminary because the college maid showed him into the wrong interview room...

(But it didn't seem to do him any harm at all...)
D.L. Moody went to London to meet Spurgeon, whom he had admired from a distance. However, when Spurgeon answered the door with a cigar in his mouth, Moody was in shock. “How could you, a man of God, smoke that?” protested the great American evangelist.

Spurgeon took the stogie out of his mouth and walked down the steps to where Moody was still standing in bewilderment. Putting his finger on Moody’s rather rotund stomach, he smiled and said, “The same way you, a man of God, could be that fat!”

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
D.L. Moody went to London to meet Spurgeon, whom he had admired from a distance. However, when Spurgeon answered the door with a cigar in his mouth, Moody was in shock. “How could you, a man of God, smoke that?” protested the great American evangelist.

Spurgeon took the stogie out of his mouth and walked down the steps to where Moody was still standing in bewilderment. Putting his finger on Moody’s rather rotund stomach, he smiled and said, “The same way you, a man of God, could be that fat!”
@rockytopva Fact is, outside the United States, the taboo culture of so called fundamentalism - as it was later to be called - did not take root nearly as much.

Even in the US, prior to the Civil War, women would smoke after church. It was only in the so called Progressive Era that a whole lot of taboos grew up, which the Fundamentalists for reasons of their own decided to make part of their list of their own taboos. (I still think if you can quit smoking this is good; as for Spurgeon, he reckoned it gave him relief from his gout, for which in those days there was not the same medication as today).

Reactions: Sabertooth