How to change?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
how to move on?
and
how do i change?

i act like a wise person but i am just a very stupid one that is why i have a lot of regrets since childhood so i always wanted to turn back time i want to restart now that i think about it probably a lot of person wanted the same

should i just shut up? but in reality i don't talk much anyway right now i am talking with my heart not with mouth but the thing is can i survive without talking? well i feel insanity if i do this there's no one to talk the only person who i can talk to is myself and God the father and God the son so if i talk to myself everytime i turn insane since there's a lot of ??? and God do not reply with words immediately i've got no friends since i pushed them all away because of my stupidity of planning to suicide

as long as i know a very little bit of knowledge about something i would put up my mask and bluff all the way and then ending up in a dead end where everyone's around dislikes me

i actually just doing it without realization

and sometime when i know about a thing i would bluff about this thing and add my opinion based on circumstance with matching basis of truth or lies about this world without researching further with more accurate facts

without me knowing that i am bluffing how do i change this way of mine?

this is happening all the time probably even now i also have a very little knowledge about this part of me i just come to a realization that i am indeed doing this after having a dream about something that's not related to it

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
wow can' believe i said those things and no one really responded probably because no one really cares too deeply to the point that they would be in service to be of use of all people but according to the word God himself did that

people are only human who lives their own lives every human has their own problem to worry about

Reactions: Nancy

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings to you Funny bird. Not surprised that no one answered, and yet you are heard. Picture yourself holding a set of keys out in front of you. These keys represent everything you are, and have been, as well as everything you own. If you truly have had enough, and believe Jesus is who He said He is, then offer Him these keys. I did this long ago when He knocked on my door. Instead of me telling you how Good, how Awesome, and how Faithful He is, let Him show you.
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come into him and eat with him, and he with Me."

To change is temporal, but to be changed is eternal.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Blessings to you Funny bird. Not surprised that no one answered, and yet you are heard. Picture yourself holding a set of keys out in front of you. These keys represent everything you are, and have been, as well as everything you own. If you truly have had enough, and believe Jesus is who He said He is, then offer Him these keys. I did this long ago when He knocked on my door. Instead of me telling you how Good, how Awesome, and how Faithful He is, let Him show you.
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come into him and eat with him, and he with Me."

To change is temporal, but to be changed is eternal.
how to i just do it? without thinking too much?

because when i think.. i think it deeply thoroughly and then ended up not doing it

how do i stop myself from planning? from worrying?

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

because when i think.. i think it deeply thoroughly and then ended up not doing it

You will know when. Life for all of us before this, is full of suffering. When you truly have come to the end of yourself He begins. "All who call upon the name of The Lord will be saved." It is like falling way down into a pit, and the only thing left to do is to reach up and cry out for help. He will be there. I too am a thinker, but now it is used for good.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
how to move on?
and
how do i change?

i act like a wise person but i am just a very stupid one that is why i have a lot of regrets since childhood so i always wanted to turn back time i want to restart now that i think about it probably a lot of person wanted the same

should i just shut up? but in reality i don't talk much anyway right now i am talking with my heart not with mouth but the thing is can i survive without talking? well i feel insanity if i do this there's no one to talk the only person who i can talk to is myself and God the father and God the son so if i talk to myself everytime i turn insane since there's a lot of ??? and God do not reply with words immediately i've got no friends since i pushed them all away because of my stupidity of planning to suicide

as long as i know a very little bit of knowledge about something i would put up my mask and bluff all the way and then ending up in a dead end where everyone's around dislikes me

i actually just doing it without realization

and sometime when i know about a thing i would bluff about this thing and add my opinion based on circumstance with matching basis of truth or lies about this world without researching further with more accurate facts

without me knowing that i am bluffing how do i change this way of mine?

this is happening all the time probably even now i also have a very little knowledge about this part of me i just come to a realization that i am indeed doing this after having a dream about something that's not related to it

Not sure what you want to change? The way you think? Your personality? The bible says, "Let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one" (Matthew 5:37). Sometimes we can try to come off as something we're not, maybe because we don't think people will accept us for who we are. But there's no reason to pretend you know more than you do, that just illustrates an insecurity within yourself.

"All wisdom comes from the Lord" (Proverbs 2:6). As the saying goes, "I'll trade you a pounds of smarts for an ounce of wisdom any day". Anyhow, no need to pretend to know more about a subject than you do, no one learns much doing that. The hardest person to change is yourself, you can't undo the past, but we can all certainly learn from our mistakes. 'Repent' simply means a change in direction. Just isolate what it is that your not satisfied with, and then try to make small changes with yourself.

Learn to be content, a negative impression of yourself can depress you. And don't be intimidated by others, when push comes to shove, most people don't know much about much. You can always steer a conversation towards something that interest you and that you do know something about.. Without specifics, its difficult to know exactly what you want to change, but the past is gone, so move on and learn from any mistakes.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you want to stop worrying and start trusting, ask Him for help to do it.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You will know when. Life for all of us before this, is full of suffering. When you truly have come to the end of yourself He begins. "All who call upon the name of The Lord will be saved." It is like falling way down into a pit, and the only thing left to do is to reach up and cry out for help. He will be there. I too am a thinker, but now it is used for good.
for short when i am desperate? b-but

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

uhm i don't know what to say....

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Not sure what you want to change? The way you think? Your personality? The bible says, "Let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one" (Matthew 5:37).
ohh i don't think this is the right meaning to it because if you read the previous verse

33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

as you can see as you read it was about promises and it means do not make promises and let your communication with God or who ever it is be yes yes no no more than these came from evil

now i am not sure if i want to quote more what if you quote another verse that looks like it is related but the truth is it was not QwQ

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
If you want to stop worrying and start trusting, ask Him for help to do it.
this is the main problem
oh wait i haven't said yet how this is the problem
from pm said:
i do not ask for the guidance of the comforter because afraid it will not work and loose my faith... and afraid of loosing the comforter

yeah i feel kind of guilty because when i said "i did not ask for guidance from the holy spirit to understand the scriptures because i am afraid it will not work and might loosen my faith" i sound like a hypocrite isn't that the same as admitting i do not have any faith at all....

this is why i am asking how to just do it? without thinking so deeply?

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for short when i am desperate? b-but

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

uhm i don't know what to say....

That was the old, but all things are new. What is a true Christian? Let not the enemy keep you in the old. This is another of his devises. Come to The Lord as you are. Hand Him the keys and make Him Lord of your life. You answer is really that simple.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
That was the old, but all things are new. What is a true Christian? Let not the enemy keep you in the old. This is another of his devises. Come to The Lord as you are. Hand Him the keys and make Him Lord of your life. You answer is really that simple.
uhm so you are saying we should not nvm nvm

but who do you think you are for you to say that was the old but all things are new

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

ohh

let not the enemy keep me in the old?? old testament? old commandments? so we can now kill a person? without disobeying the commandment that we should not kill

contradictions?

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

says who? paul?

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

says who? christ himself

isn't the old testament also the will of God which is the old you are talking or was it?

double minded..... i don't think any human can help me the others said the same thing
i should just quit cboards i am asking for help but the way others see me they don't see me as asking for help but something else **sigh** a liar and a hypocprite i am

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Not sure what you want to change? The way you think? Your personality? The bible says, "Let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one" (Matthew 5:37). Sometimes we can try to come off as something we're not, maybe because we don't think people will accept us for who we are. But there's no reason to pretend you know more than you do, that just illustrates an insecurity within yourself.

"All wisdom comes from the Lord" (Proverbs 2:6). As the saying goes, "I'll trade you a pounds of smarts for an ounce of wisdom any day". Anyhow, no need to pretend to know more about a subject than you do, no one learns much doing that. The hardest person to change is yourself, you can't undo the past, but we can all certainly learn from our mistakes. 'Repent' simply means a change in direction. Just isolate what it is that your not satisfied with, and then try to make small changes with yourself.

Learn to be content, a negative impression of yourself can depress you. And don't be intimidated by others, when push comes to shove, most people don't know much about much. You can always steer a conversation towards something that interest you and that you do know something about.. Without specifics, its difficult to know exactly what you want to change, but the past is gone, so move on and learn from any mistakes.
We can't change without the work of the Holy Spirit within us. If we try and change ourselves we end up being self-righteous, which is hateful to God.

Reminds me of the question: How many Christian counsellors does it take to change a light bulb? None, unless the light bulb wants to change.

How many First Century believers does it take to change a light bulb? Answer: What's a light bulb?

angoo

May 6, 2020
imphal
Faith
Christian
Country
India
i'm from a christain family but am a addicted christain

Need a change in my life and i need help ...Im depressed,,worried,,scared N I think I need GOD...

Dont rily know how to find HIM...

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Need a change in my life and i need help ...Im depressed,,worried,,scared N I think I need GOD...

Hi; read John's Gospel in the first three chapters especially.

Instead of being introspective, look to the Lord Jesus; Hebrews 12.2 says: 'Looking unto Jesus'.

Good to see you on the forums.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

yes when a person is cornered sooner or later that person will seek God and that person can be anyone

the thing that i know the most important thing when you are beginning the enemy which is satan and his minions the demons are telling us that he and God does not exist they also tells you that God is evil they will also tells you a lot of lies do not listen to them okay? because if you listen to them they will steal you away from God and it will be your choice

why your choice? because God will never betray you nor tempt you but you can betray him and i betrayed him countless times

you have to know this God is real and God is good all the time

if you ask him he will give
if you want to be forgiven you don't need to do any ritual you only need to forgive others for their sins

but God do not hear the prayers of the wicked but he hears the person's prayers who keeps his commandments

the key here is repentance we all have to
turn away from our sins and take up the cross and carry his burden well his burdens are lightweight i am just telling you to keep his commandments for sure God will hear our prayers i may be saying this but i am not better than you maybe i am even worst than you

how do we know his commandments? it's better if you do not ask this to other people because we all have different interpretations you only have to read the bible i recommend kjv 1611 bible...but let me remind you the bible is not that simple i also thought it was easy at first but nope it's not there are a lot of parables that can mean a lot of things depends on one's interpretations that is why you need to ask for the key to be given to you you have to ask your heavenly father in heaven for this wisdom the key to open these words @amadeus told me that you need to talk to God yourself often in order for you to learn on leaning on God

because God loves you he loves all of us you have to ask him even though he already knows what you wanted to say before you even think about it he wants you to say it so you have to say it be humble and be honest... God is in a secret place so don't talk to him in public places

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes when a person is cornered sooner or later that person will seek God and that person can be anyone

the thing that i know the most important thing when you are beginning the enemy which is satan and his minions the demons are telling us that he and God does not exist they also tells you that God is evil they will also tells you a lot of lies do not listen to them okay? because if you listen to them they will steal you away from God and it will be your choice

why your choice? because God will never betray you nor tempt you but you can betray him and i betrayed him countless times

you have to know this God is real and God is good all the time

if you ask him he will give
if you want to be forgiven you don't need to do any ritual you only need to forgive others for their sins

but God do not hear the prayers of the wicked but he hears the person's prayers who keeps his commandments

the key here is repentance we all have to
turn away from our sins and take up the cross and carry his burden well his burdens are lightweight i am just telling you to keep his commandments for sure God will hear our prayers i may be saying this but i am not better than you maybe i am even worst than you

how do we know his commandments? it's better if you do not ask this to other people because we all have different interpretations you only have to read the bible i recommend kjv 1611 bible...but let me remind you the bible is not that simple i also thought it was easy at first but nope it's not there are a lot of parables that can mean a lot of things depends on one's interpretations that is why you need to ask for the key to be given to you you have to ask your heavenly father in heaven for this wisdom the key to open these words @amadeus told me that you need to talk to God yourself often in order for you to learn on leaning on God

because God loves you he loves all of us you have to ask him even though he already knows what you wanted to say before you even think about it he wants you to say it so you have to say it be humble and be honest... God is in a secret place so don't talk to him in public places
Well spoken my friend. Give God always the glory!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
wow can' believe i said those things and no one really responded probably because no one really cares too deeply to the point that they would be in service to be of use of all people but according to the word God himself did that

people are only human who lives their own lives every human has their own problem to worry about
ha, fwiw i click "new posts" or "recent posts"--which i'm not sure the diff?--when i come here, and this thread just now popped up!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
how to move on?
and
how do i change?
i guess you can do it like most believers do, precept on precept, line upon line, here a little there a little, or you can become like a little child and basically forget all that? But then imo you will have to--do what most believers won't, i guess--actually follow Jesus' explicit instructions, right, i would start with His instructions to the 70, and go on from there. Notice how you dont really want to do that either, right? Bc after all, we really want to be the driver, with "Jesus is my copilot" huh. But imo one will never walk on water that way!