How to debate the Bible: for beginners

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may sound weird to you but I quit being a "Christian" when I learned I was His child.
As His child, I have a more intimate relationship with Him. As my Abba/Father, He has a responsibility to me to teach me His ways.
For me, and this is just my humble opinion, the word christian has lost it's integrity of what it is suppose to represent....(slaves to Christ is the original meaning)....which implies to be like Jesus.
When you say you're a christian, in the mindset of the world these days it says to them that you are hypocrit that preaches it but doesn't practice it.
How sad....
I agree with you on every point. In our quest to understand, labels (Christian) are the skin of the fruit. Our walk with Christ begins when we are saved....It is the first step of a long journey with Christ.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you on every point. In our quest to understand, labels (Christian) are the skin of the fruit. Our walk with Christ begins when we are saved....It is the first step of a long journey with Christ.
So I really didn't answer the question in your OP....I would try to help them understand how He is a loving Father who seeks to give us the best life we could possibly imagine...not with riches and fame....but with joy and peace.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that the excuse that unbelievers have (of Christians being hypocrites) might be stripped away from them; in order that they might be without excuse.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that the excuse that unbelievers have (of Christians being hypocrites) might be stripped away from them; in order that they might be without excuse.
It would be awesome if they did, but it will take Christian's walking the walk as well as talking the talk to show unbelievers what christianity truly is.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be awesome if they did, but it will take Christian's walking the walk as well as talking the talk to show unbelievers what christianity truly is.
Amen <edit> sister; we know that the Lord is coming back for a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; and that will be holy and without blemish (Ephesians 5:27). Let's hope that He will do this work in many of us before He returns so that those who look on will see a holy church that is without hypocrisy for the most part. We know that when He does return, the work will have been completed in all of us.

In the meantime, sanctification is a process; so that we can say to the unbeliever, "You say that the church is full of hypocrites? Join us; one more won't hurt!"

Because those who are just saved do have many faults and it will take time for all of them to be dealt with by the Spirit of the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I really didn't answer the question in your OP....I would try to help them understand how He is a loving Father who seeks to give us the best life we could possibly imagine...not with riches and fame....but with joy and peace.
Again...right in one! Understanding the scriptures starts with understanding the love and character of Christ and all scriptures are understood in light of that.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother; we know that the Lord is coming back for a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; and that will be holy and without blemish (Ephesians 5:27). Let's hope that He will do this work in many of us before He returns so that those who look on will see a holy church that is without hypocrisy for the most part. We know that when He does return, the work will have been completed in all of us.

In the meantime, sanctification is a process; so that we can say to the unbeliever, "You say that the church is full of hypocrites? Join us; one more won't hurt!"

Because those who are just saved do have many faults and it will take time for all of them to be dealt with by the Spirit of the Lord.
FYI, @Heart2Soul isn't a "brother."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I pray the very same thing only, "in order that they might..." ...have their eyes opened and their hearts softened and their minds changed so as to be saved.
They are already without excuse.
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Romans 1:20

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray the very same thing only, "in order that they might..." ...have their eyes opened and their hearts softened and their minds changed so as to be saved.
They are already without excuse.
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Romans 1:20
Indeed. And this is because there are believers who don't exhibit hypocrisy.

If all of us did so, they would indeed have a righteous excuse on their DOJ.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother; we know that the Lord is coming back for a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; and that will be holy and without blemish (Ephesians 5:27). Let's hope that He will do this work in many of us before He returns so that those who look on will see a holy church that is without hypocrisy for the most part. We know that when He does return, the work will have been completed in all of us.

Haha...amen!

Reactions: justbyfaith