How to debate the Bible: for beginners

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I think I've come to see I might fail in trust too at some point. I'm just really weak.
Hi sbg,

I have to say this about me too! But at every moment when I trust, that moment is wonderful and powerful, and the more I do it, the more those moments string together into a life, and I think that's what God intends for us.

It's really not anything more than like a small child grabbing onto dad's pant's leg hoping to be OK.

Of course, my dad was gone when I was 2, so I never learned what that was like from him. Maybe that has something to do with why it's taking me so long.

When the outcome is assured, we can be far less concerned over the small stumbles, lest they become even bigger when we think they destroy us.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you so ignorant, Adam sinned against God without the law, when Moses brought in the law, Judgement came. This is what happens when men make the bible there God. Idolatry
How is this not you saying, "I want You, God, but NOT the book you wrote for me!"

I don't understand your position concerning the Bible.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, I want to have a love relationship with you, Jesus, but I don't want to read your love letter to me...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How is this not you saying, "I want You, God, but NOT the book you wrote for me!"

Much love!

I suppose on who you think God is, He gave us His best

Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

so

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

My God is not the bible, does not the bible say God is not the author of confusion, yet we have millions of confused people who read the bible. And God never wrote teh bible, men did, some inspired others just wrote, why do you think there are so many arguments over which text is right and who wrote what when,

God always gives man His best men always choose teh lesser.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The Bible makes a claim about itself; and in this claim, if you believe the claim, all of the Bible is to be received as the word of the Lord.

If you don't believe this claim, you have deeper problems; for salvation itself is by faith in what the word says according to the Bible.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet we have millions of confused people who read the bible.
I'm certain that there are many who would like to point the finger at them and say that they are confused. This does not necessarily mean that they are, in fact, confused. For I know that I have been accused of this even when I was rooted and grounded in the truth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God never wrote teh bible, men did, some inspired others just wrote,
I appreciate your clarity on this! For myself, I believe "Divine Plenary Inspiration" of the Canon of Scripture as represented in the KJV, and others, of course.

Much love!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Much love!
Show me where He said HE would write us a book, the only book in the whole NT that was asked to be recorded as the book of revelation. What makes is worse, God Gave us Jesus, Jesus went back to God so God could give us His Spirit so we by default have all three, but you would rathera book than the living Word Jesus. Can you imagine what it would be like if your partner asked you to spend time together and you said, no, Im going to read this book about you that some one wrote, how long do you think that relationship would last there is a reason why.

Luk_13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

just as it was in the days of Noah, when Moses called the people and they would not come, than when Moses and his family entered in the door of the ark was closed and all that remained outside perished. The bible is not a relationship with God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you imagine what it would be like if your partner asked you to spend time together and you said, no, Im going to read this book about you that some one wrote, how long do you think that relationship would last there is a reason why.

Luk 19:12, He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

This nobleman is our Lord Jesus Christ; and He is our bridegroom.

We are involved in a long-distance relationship with Him; and He has written a love letter to us.

If we truly love Him, we will read that love letter every day and heed what it says to us to do; for it also contains instructions as to how to "
Occupy until I come." (Luke 19:13).

2Ti 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17, That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2Co 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

These verses show that the Bible, being inspired by the Holy Ghost, the author is Jesus Christ.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luk 19:12, He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

This nobleman is our Lord Jesus Christ; and He is our bridegroom.

We are involved in a long-distance relationship with Him; and He has written a love letter to us.

If we truly love Him, we will read that love letter every day and heed what it says to us to do; for it also contains instructions as to how to "
Occupy until I come." (Luke 19:13).
Long distnace???

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

How far away do you wish to Keep Him. lovers dont hide away from one another. One day when its too late you will have realized what you could of had than it will be too late.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Spirit is indeed as near as can possibly be; but His physical Person is far away in heaven; seated at the right hand of the Father.

His Spirit does indeed speak to us through the written word that was inspired by Him.

If you think that you are hearing His voice, but the voice that you are hearing doesn't line up with what the word of the Lord says, well, think again.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where He said HE would write us a book,
Show me where God said He would save you in particular. We can play back and forth on this all day.

God told Moses to write a book, and God told all the kings to write their own copy. Job wished that His words were written in lead on stone, but God did better than that.

God told Baruch to write all the words of the previous scroll, and more besides.

Jesus referred to the Law and the Prophets as it it meant something.

No need to go on, suffice to say, well,

but you would rathera book than the living Word Jesus.

Here's the problem. You make either/or, and I don't agree.

I would rather the Bible than Jesus, right!! Of course that Completely MisRepresents my actual position.

But at the end of the day, I'm more interested in discussing the Bible and what it reveals then, no offence meant, your impressions of God outside of Scripture.

But it WAS a very beautiful sunset yesterday!

Much love!

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Show me where God said He would save you in particular. We can play back and forth on this all day.

God told Moses to write a book, and God told all the kings to write their own copy. Job wished that His words were written in lead on stone, but God did better than that.

God told Baruch to write all the words of the previous scroll, and more besides.

Jesus referred to the Law and the Prophets as it it meant something.

No need to go on, suffice to say, well,

Here's the problem. You make either/or, and I don't agree.

I would rather the Bible than Jesus, right!! Of course that Completely MisRepresents my actual position.

But at the end of the day, I'm more interested in discussing the Bible and what it reveals then, no offence meant, your impressions of God outside of Scripture.

But it WAS a very beautiful sunset yesterday!

Much love!

No offense taken. But He still stands at that door and knocks....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did so in 1986; and then got a second benefit in 1990 (the end of 1989); which I subsequently lost and have recently regained by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How much more adventurous would it be if you read and believed what He says!
I do and that is why I wont join myself to any religion, Harlot.

15 Do you not know that your bodies are the members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them the members of a harlot? Let it not be! 16 Or do you not know that he being joined to a harlot is one body? For He says, The two shall be one flesh. 17 But he being joined to the Lord is one spirit.

Do you not know you become what you are joined to, tats why any man who joins a religion become there religion thinks like three religion and promotes there religion.

Any one in Christ can only promote Christ anything less will never do.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the time I see people on the forum discussing interpretation of the scriptures and sometime various sins.

What I do not see is discussions about the applications of Christian beliefs in motion and what we should do to lead a good Christian life.

So I am asking that question….What should we do to lead a good Christian life? What does a good Christian life look like?

I am not talking about theology. I am not talking about prophecy. I am not talking about sin or demons.

If you were explaining it to a new Christian, what would you tell him or them to do?
This may sound weird to you but I quit being a "Christian" when I learned I was His child.
As His child, I have a more intimate relationship with Him. As my Abba/Father, He has a responsibility to me to teach me His ways.
For me, and this is just my humble opinion, the word christian has lost it's integrity of what it is suppose to represent....(slaves to Christ is the original meaning)....which implies to be like Jesus.
When you say you're a christian, in the mindset of the world these days it says to them that you are hypocrit that preaches it but doesn't practice it.
How sad....

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy