How to ease a mothers concern

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I get my drivers license back in late January and had planned to move interstate.
The devastation cause to industry by the government means that job prospects are very low.

I had started to plan this a few weeks ago and had told my mum but she just thought i was speaking out of anger towards the government which is not the case... Iv given this a good thought and concluded that it is something i must do...

I started looking for another vehicle like a wagon or SUV so i can sleep in it until i find work up there. I told my mum again and this time she realized that i was serious...
She would ask, what about this, and i had an answer then another question and another...

I tried showing her that this isn't as dire as she thinks by scrolling through the countless youtube vids of people traveling and living from their vehicles... That should of eased her mind a bit... Then I walked her through all the possible dangers and my plans of prevention and action.

But she is still worried... I feel bad that im being the cause of such heartache for her and wish there was more i could do... Love can cause pain and i know that her concern is a measure of her love... When i go i will have to text her daily and ring twice a week at the start, just like i did when i first moved out... I just basically have to keep her informed otherwise it will be a mental torment for her... If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to share them...

Im going to miss my family and friends but i have no other option. I have to go.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know. Is it possible to get a small used class B (camper van) that why she may feel a bit better, maybe.

Reactions: Cristo Rei
R

Rita

As a mum of four , there is nothing you can do Cristo, mums will always worry about their children when they leave and try something new. We adapt, we pray but we have to let our children go , no matter what age they are, and regardless of whether we feel okay about what they are doing. It’s a transition and one that is unavoidable, it goes with the role of being a loving mum x
I hate those transitions, but know that I have to allow my children the right to make their own choices.
Rita

Last edited by a moderator:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As a mum of four , there is nothing you can do Cristo, mums will always worry about their children when they leave and try something new. We adapt, we pray but we have to let our children go , no matter what age they are, and regardless of whether we feel okay about what they are doing. It’s a transition and one that is unavoidable, it goes with the role of being a loving mum x
I hate those transitions, but know that I have to allow my children the right to make their own choices.
Rita

I don't think there is much more i can do to ease her mind... She is used to me and my sister going away but its the fact that i'll be sleeping in my car that unsettles her... I can't blame her i guess. I couldn't have imagined doing this 12 months ago

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Rita
This nomad lifestyle is foreign to my mum... Thats what is tripping her out...
Dad is fine. I have to always remember that his been there and done it in much tougher conditions and circumstances than me.

But i started showing here youtube videos of people's campervans...
Showed her cheap ones, real expensive luxury ones. And as ive shown her more shes starting to ease back on the stress

She told me that they were showing a fancy RV camper on the morning show
Plus, a friend of hers was telling her about her daughters tour of Oz in a campervan

So thank God that shes not as stressed now...
Off course she will always have that natural concern as a mother, its not the first time ive moved out, or my sis.
But its not this panicy fear that she was riding a couple weeks ago... Fear of the unknown...

I asked her what she was most afraid of in the bush... An acceptable answer would be a snake bite, getting injured, stranded or lost.
But she was most scared of someone creeping out from the woods with an axe or something... LoL... Unrealistic she was...

I walked her through my prevention methods and what iv got in case of emergency like a snake bite and im too far from anything, broken leg or anything, God forbid. I'll carry an emergency location device, where you push the button in case of emergency, make yourself visible to helicopters, keep cool and wait to be rescued...

Then she started freaking out about snakes. She can't even see them on TV she turns away... So i had to dig up the facts and show her how many people actually get bitten and how many actually die... 1 or 2 a year... And show her short clips explaining the nature of the snake and what to do depending on the situation, there is a time to stay still (when its close, keep your nerve) and a time to move out quick (once its a meter away) it will only strike in defence...

So she's definitely on another level of comfort now, seeing things coming together, still looking for a van but ill find one.
Its like moving house, we know what an effort that is, right... But its into a different lifestyle.
The more you start to consider things the more things there are to consider. From storage, food, sleep, everything is shrunk down into a van...

So there is a lot to consider, im at a point where i can't do much more till i have the van. But im not spending much to fit it up either cos i will surely learn heaps more from experience and will be able to modify it on the fly... On the wing... LoL

Reactions: Rita
R

Rita

Hi Cristo,
Mums adapt, although I live in the UK so we don’t have all your wonderful, but deadly, insect, snakes ect.
That would add another level for me !! Lol
Rita x

Reactions: Cristo Rei