How to get free from anxiety!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India
2 Timothy 1:7
King James Version

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Deuteronomy 3:22
Authorized (King James) Version

22 Ye shall not fear them: for the Lord your God he shall fight for you.

Reactions: farouk and Lambano

Fuddy

May 6, 2022
Blueridge Mts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, one thing that elicits anxiety in me are all the conflicting opinions of what the true gospel of Jesus really is, and how we are to respond to it; something God's Spirit, our councelor, the spirit of truth, one should fully expect to teach us.

So why all the continual arguments and confusion as to what that truth is???

Why aren't we all of one accord? I'm assuming people who post here have prayed to know that truth, and God promises to give generously to ALL who ask, without reproach, so what is the problem?

And it is a huge problem indeed, as the world watches us bicker and fight, undoubtedly concluding we're j
just poor religious clowns who don't have a clue what they're talking about as they can not even agree on the "truth" they all claim to be privy to.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why all the continual arguments and confusion as to what that truth is??? Why aren't we all of one accord? I'm assuming people who post here have prayed to know that truth, and God promises to give generously to ALL who ask, without reproach, so what is the problem?

Here are some things that come to mind; however, you asked an amazing question and we may do a podcast on it at some point if that's ok with you.

Here are a few things to consider:
1. People are all at different points in their walk with God and may not be able to fully discern His voice. A lot of times, we come to God with a lot of baggage when we're saved and He is trying to work with us on one thing at a time (like peeling the layers of an onion) and through our relationship with Him and learning His Word our understanding grows. I know that for myself, I am a lot more aware of the truths of God today than I was when I was saved and I'm sure, if we're still here in 10 years, I will have grown in God's wisdom beyond where I am now.

2. A lot of people have a prideful opinion that they are an "expert". I am 53 years old, was raised a Christian, and spent many years off and on throughout my life learning the Word until about 5 years ago when I fully committed myself to God. I don't presume to think that I have all the answers. I rely on the grace of God to lead me and correct me if I do have any wrong thinking.

3. We have a lot of false doctrines/teachings out there that have hurt people and created wrong thinking that we may not be fully aware of what they're doing. The Word says in the last days there will be many false prophets and teachers (1 Tim 4:1-4 and Eph 4:11-14). The enemy will use people, who may be totally unaware, to spread false doctrine. For that reason, I have always lived by this simple rule: Don't blindly believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a man or woman, no matter who they are. That doesn't mean I don't believe in wonderfully anointed teaching, I do, but everything must be tested (confirmed) by: a) the Word of God and b) the teaching of the indwelling Holy Spirit. I encourage folks to listen to our podcast but don't take anything I say as gospel. Always seek that confirmation!

Just because someone quotes a scripture and then gives you an interpretation that makes sense to the mind of logic and reasoning, doesn't make it truth. We have a great teacher, the Holy Spirit, and we need to learn to discern His voice, be attentive to His teaching. If something doesn't agree with your spirit, take the time to study it yourself (study and show yourselves approved) and determine if it's of God. God will always confirm what is of Him, we just need to have eyes and ears open to discern it.

Sorry for the long post! I hope this helps!

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me Misty how do I free myself from anxiety, completely?

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me Misty how do I free myself from anxiety, completely?

As I said in the podcast ( and on here I think ) I suffered with anxiety attacks and used this Bible-based solution to stop them. There is a lot of information to share, so I'll just put the basics here:

1. Peruse an actual relationship with God. A lot of times, we tend to put God on this lofty perch and forget that He has such a love for us and wants a relationship with us (as our Father). If you do this, you will begin to develop a trust in him.

2. Recognize that the reason we have anxiety is we're trying to meet our own needs and it's not working out. I know it's a shocker, but we were not made to carry that burden. That's why stress, worry, and anxiety cause such wear and tear on our bodies and minds. Imagine a small child stressing out over how he is going to pay the utility bills. God has unconditional (agape) love for us and we are created to need Him. The Bible confirms this.

3. Put it on the altar. Let go of whatever it is that's causing anxiety and give it to God. To give something to God doesn't mean to still fret about, talk about it, etc. afterward. It's the process of saying Lord, I'm taking my hands off of it and giving it to you. I know I can trust you with this and I'm going to live in joy and peace, regardless of the time it takes, and I will not operate in a mindset of logic and reasoning. I won't work out solutions in my own mind. I'm going to trust that you, Father, will tell me what I need to know and guide my steps. If action is needed, I know you will tell me and I will be obedient to your direction. Otherwise, I'm free of it, I'm going to live my life as if this issue doesn't exist because I know You love me and YOUR word says it is so.

4. Know that the mind is the battlefield and that you need to be vigilant and guard your thoughts.
Find scriptures relevant to your issue and as soon as you realize you're thinking about whatever it is, start quoting the Word. The Word is our sword. Here is an example:

1 Peter 5:7 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert."

Humble yourself = Realize you are not the one who meets your needs.

If you'd like, I can write a prayer for anxiety for you and post it on our my instagram where you can obtain it any time. Let me know!

I sure hope this is a blessing to you! Regardless of what anyone says, I can tell you, with certainty, this WORKS and I can back it up with scripture :) If I can help one person get deliverance from anxiety, it's worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)
As I said in the podcast ( and on here I think ) I suffered with anxiety attacks and used this Bible-based solution to stop them. There is a lot of information to share, so I'll just put the basics here:

1. Peruse an actual developing a relationship with God. A lot of times, we tend to put God on this lofty perch and forget that He has such a love for us and wants a relationship with us (as our Father). If you do this, you will begin to develop a trust in him.

2. Recognize that the reason we have anxiety is we're trying to meet our own needs and it's not working out. I know it's a shocker, but we were not made to carry that burden. That's why stress, worry, and anxiety cause such wear and tear on our bodies and minds. Imagine a small child stressing out over how he is going to pay the utility bills. God has unconditional (agape) love for us and we are created to need Him. The Bible confirms this.

3. Put it on the altar. Let go of whatever it is that's causing anxiety and give it to God. To give something to God doesn't mean to still fret about, talk about it, etc. afterward. It's the process of saying Lord, I'm taking my hands off of it and giving it to you. I know I can trust you with this and I'm going to live in joy and peace, regardless of the time it takes, and I will not operate in a mindset of logic and reasoning. I won't work out solutions in my own mind. I'm going to trust that you, Father, will tell me what I need to know and guide my steps. If action is needed, I know you will tell me and I will be obedient to your direction. Otherwise, I'm free of it, I'm going to live my life as if this issue doesn't exist because I know You love me and YOUR word says it is so.

4. Know that the mind is the battlefield and that you need to be vigilant and guard your thoughts.
Find scriptures relevant to your issue and as soon as you realize you're thinking about whatever it is, start quoting the Word. The Word is our sword. Here is an example:

1 Peter 5:7 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert."

Humble yourself = Realize you are not the one who meets your needs.

If you'd like, I can write a prayer for anxiety for you and post it on our my instagram where you can obtain it any time. Let me know!

I sure hope this is a blessing to you! Regardless of what anyone says, I can tell you, with certainty, this WORKS and I can back it up with scripture :) If I can help one person get deliverance from anxiety, it's worth it.
Thank you Misty.:)